Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Good Morning Family,how Can I Separate My Rice From This Insects?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Good Morning Family,how Can I Separate My Rice From This Insects?? (610 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms / Father And Mother Abandon Six Children For Landlady, Go Their Separate Ways (vid / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Morning Family,how Can I Separate My Rice From This Insects?? by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 20, 2022
Dear Family
Happy sunday
Pls i have this rice i have been keeping at home for a while,been feeding crumbs embarassed
So today,after i realised that i have absolutely nothing to eat again,i decided to bring d rice out this morning so that i can finally find something to eat,i realized that plenty insect is inside,i can't even cook it
I'm so confused on what to do because this is obviously my last hope
Help me out and teach me how i can separate dz insects from my rice and have something to eat

NB- The rice is plenty,i can't cook it at once

Re: Good Morning Family,how Can I Separate My Rice From This Insects?? by devilmaycry: 9:33am On Nov 20, 2022
Forget that rice...there is little or nothing u can do...since those insects are same size

Maybe u should try putting the rice inside water and see if those insects will settle at the top
Re: Good Morning Family,how Can I Separate My Rice From This Insects?? by Zonefree(m): 9:38am On Nov 20, 2022
Very simple.

Spray the rice outside for 30 minutes. Boil water and pour the rice inside. Sieve and parboil again, then cook.

Note; insects are proteinous, incase you're considering plan B cool

4 Likes

Re: Good Morning Family,how Can I Separate My Rice From This Insects?? by immortalcrown(m): 9:38am On Nov 20, 2022
First mix the rice with much dried pepper. The pepper will kill them. Then remove the pepper and use a blower to remove the insects if you intend selling the rice. But if you are cooking the rice in your house, the insects will stay afloat water when you soak the rice.
Re: Good Morning Family,how Can I Separate My Rice From This Insects?? by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 20, 2022
Zonefree:
Very simple.

Spray the rice outside for 30 minutes. Boil water and pour the rice inside. Sieve and parboil again, then cook.

Note; insects are proteinous, incase you're considering plan B cool

The rice is plenty
I can't cook it at once
Re: Good Morning Family,how Can I Separate My Rice From This Insects?? by Natbrowny: 10:10am On Nov 20, 2022
1. Spray the rice with Dry grounded pepper
2. Sun Dry the rice

1 Like

Re: Good Morning Family,how Can I Separate My Rice From This Insects?? by faithfull18(f): 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2022
Put the rice in a dry pot on low heat and always stir. They will die due to the heat then you sieve to separate the rice from the weevils.
Re: Good Morning Family,how Can I Separate My Rice From This Insects?? by jimmyolasun: 3:09pm On Nov 20, 2022
those insects are nutritious shey you know shaaa.. no waste manna oo my brother
Re: Good Morning Family,how Can I Separate My Rice From This Insects?? by skentelelady(f): 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2022
RomolaJ:
Dear Family
Happy sunday
Pls i have this rice i have been keeping at home for a while,been feeding crumbs embarassed
So today,after i realised that i have absolutely nothing to eat again,i decided to bring d rice out this morning so that i can finally find something to eat,i realized that plenty insect is inside,i can't even cook it
I'm so confused on what to do because this is obviously my last hope
Help me out and teach me how i can separate dz insects from my rice and have something to eat

NB- The rice is plenty,i can't cook it at once

Spread on a sack under the hot sun for hours, they will crawl away. Then allow to cool before putting it back inside the container. You can then add dry grounded pepper or put in a keg and cover tightly

(1) (Reply)

Don't Let Menopause Get Hold Of You / Pls Advise:from Higher To No Sexual Urge Anymore! / Why There Is A Direct Connection Between Jeans Trousers & Crimes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.