Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,788 members, 7,862,608 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:40 PM

Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo (12667 Views)

2023 Presidency: Afenifere Will Not Support Tinubu, Others - Ayo Adebanjo / Miyetti Allah: North Can’t Ignore South’s Decision On Open Grazing / PANDEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Middle Belt To North: You Can’t Dictate To Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by ecolime(m): 8:41am On Nov 23, 2022
ATLIEN2027:
This senile old hag again.
Don't worry, in another 3 months no one will be posting your rubbish trashy interviews again after your pandora pathological liar Obi tuary fails to win a single state.
No one is dictating, it's numbers game.
If you want to win the US presidential election, you must go after the big states with high population with lots of electoral values like Cali, TX, FL etc.
It's the same thing here, in any democracy, population speaks a lot when it comes to winning elections.
All these rubbish sentimental talk of dictating to others is pure rubbish and infantile.
It's obvious you don't have elders at home, else you won't be calling Pa Adebanjo an old hag.

Omo irankiran

1 Like

Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by jaxxy(m): 8:42am On Nov 23, 2022
Respect sir
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by babajero(m): 8:45am On Nov 23, 2022
Penguin2:
I want to believe Awolowo was something more reasonable and intelligent than Pa Adebanjo.

If not, then Pa Adebanjo is the greatest Yoruba man God ever created.
If abiola had any atom of wisdom, Nigeria will not be maltreated by the fulanis like this by now. Abiola was just older version of tinubu, they only think about there ambition and what to get and never the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by NigeriaIsGreat: 8:48am On Nov 23, 2022
Kaiser20:

Your Olodo is inherent for birth, seek help and support immediately
shut up mumu

Wetin you sabi?

The north has the number. They'd decide your fate next year

1 Like

Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by Freebills12: 8:49am On Nov 23, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
Ayo25:
Hello sir, Tinubu is the next President of Nigeria. You will be retired politically when the time comes. Happy retirement in advance sir.

After Tinibu might have won the election what next? This man is talking of future, and all you could see this is 2023. You are relinquishing the future of your unborn children to the north.
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by Bluntemperor: 8:50am On Nov 23, 2022
onumadu:
This man speaks the truth POWERFULLY.
In the whole of Nigeria, I don' think there are two of him.

Liers!
Get your history well because now Chief Adebanjo is old , yet people like Whole Soyinka,late Ajasin,Gani Fawehinmi have been speaking against the Northern domination in sharing of major Portfolios like Customs, Petroleum industry,etc!
The sad thing is that most of who were appointed are not doing the will of the Masses but served self -interest, with exceptional few like Buba Mawa of NDLA,Mrs Akinyuli ( of the NAFDAC-now dead).
Chief Adebanjo,like other Nigerians,have been speaking well but the choice of who the President should be remained with the Electorates!
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by PStacks(m): 8:52am On Nov 23, 2022
The only fault I see in this is Pa Adebanjo calling the Northern Population Fraudulent. That is where I fault him.

The Man just wants to be Politically correct and economical with the Truth.

In Nigeria of Today, it is the North that Has and Gives Power..

Governor Ganduje Said On National TV.

Votes APC got in a Single Local Government in Kano Metropolitan.

Just One Single Local Government.
Remember Kano has 44 Local Government Areas and we are talking of Just One yet...

1 in 44.. Woow. That is Massive

Just One Local Government.

Nassarawa Local Government in Kano..

Vote APC got in Nassarawa Local Government alone were more than all the votes APC got from the Whole 5 States from the South Heat.

This is so mind boggling. The Igbos didn't vote for Buhari at all.

How do you now want the North to be sympathetic to the plight of the Igbos
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by zionstaar75: 8:54am On Nov 23, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Presidency-North-cant-dictate-to-others-says-Adebanjo
senseless submission, no wonder every candidate he supports never wins.there is nothing like right in democracy. Has this senile man forgotten that the north East too has never ruled?so its atiku's right too.politics is about negotiations and consensus. Even my 8 years daughter knows definition of democracy. Are we doing turn by turn government or democracy. Peter obi better stop listening to this kind of people.
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by PDPdestroyer(m): 8:56am On Nov 23, 2022
casualobserver:

Actually they did nott force us together. The North never wanted to be part of Nigeria that was why our independence was delayed to 1960. It was the south that wanted the North to be part of Nigeria. If by “force us together”, he means the removal of referendum, it was the south (Ibos) that removed the right to referendum. It was the south that abolished Federalism, it was the south that created unitary govt, it was the south that introduced the military.

To be honest, all my life I have been brainwashed about North this, North that. But the more I read, the more I experience Nigeria, the more I realize the major problem with Nigeria is actually us in the south.

Finally the North has never won any election outright without the south!
You're undoubtedly one of the most sensible nairalanders. So much fact, quality and sense in a single post
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by zionstaar75: 8:58am On Nov 23, 2022
Penguin2:
I want to believe Awolowo was something more reasonable and intelligent than Pa Adebanjo.

If not, then Pa Adebanjo is the greatest Yoruba man God ever created.
see how shallow u guys are?a supposed elder statesman fanning the embers of ethic feud and division and that's greatness to you?he is a senile man talking trash and he's doing more damage to obi's candidature than u know
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by yankison(m): 9:02am On Nov 23, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Pa Adebanjo doesn't understand Politics as he never held any elective office

North are strong voting power house

Una are just not updated .. They intentionally allow foreigners to be part of them and give birth in huge numbers because of politics ..
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by Ayo25: 9:05am On Nov 23, 2022
Nothing to worry about the future of my unborn children. You should stop crying wolf.
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

After Tinibu might have won the election what next? This man is talking of future, and all you could see this is 2023. You are relinquishing the future of your unborn children to the north.
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by Moh247: 9:06am On Nov 23, 2022
yankison:

Una are just not updated .. They intentionally allow foreigners to be part of them and give birth in huge numbers because of politics ..

Foreigner ooo, Almajiri oo, call it anything they remain a voting power house
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by PStacks(m): 9:06am On Nov 23, 2022
This Pa Adebanjo certainly isn't in tune with Reality today and doesn't even know anything about History even with his advanced age.

Historically from after the Amalgamation it was clear the North were the Owners, Lord and Masters, Administrators of Nigeria...

I have said it times without Number, The North his the Husband in this Relationship and Forcefully Married to the First Wife the South West whom know their Place as the 1st Wife.

The North has a Second Wife in the South East, you know the way 2nd wives behave na, their body dey quick pepper them...

So the North instead of Divorcing the 2nd Wife, keeps her redundant in the house and always in the room of the First Wife.

That is why since 1999 it has been Obasanjo, Yaradua, Buhari and now Tinubu or Atiku.

Goodluck Jonathan was divine Intervention and just by chance that the Man personally had a Goodluck but it was Still with the North in Tandem.

The Earlier we accept the truth, the better for all of us.

Northern Nigeria Owns Nigeria...

Once the North Completes this Oil Buhari is drilling between Bauchi and Gombe State .

Once it is ascertained the Oil is commercial quantity, Northern Nigeria is on its way in becoming Dubai...

If the North Mines Gold in Zamfara and Kaduna and Drills Oil in Bauchi-Gombe Axis, The South is becoming a lot more irrelevant and dispenssable to the North...

If Pa Adebanjo wants to Dispute the Figures of Population in the North, it is simple.. He should register as an Envoy to Monitor Population Census coming up in 2023.

That way, he can go to the North to help them Count and ascertain the True Population of the North.
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by slimfit1(m): 9:09am On Nov 23, 2022
JASONjnr:
This is the narrative that we're looking forward to change....

Previously, the north relied on the south to win any election
..But Tinubu went and taught them the tricks that all they need is s/w and the entire North, with a little s/w contribution to win....

Now, the North is using their over population to make decisions. They even confused Tinubu to pick another Muslim if he wants to win...

Will change the story....No region should have the power to decide who rules a country like Nigeria.

Please they are not overpopulated oh, counting cows and rams when did those animals become human beings?
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by PStacks(m): 9:10am On Nov 23, 2022
How on Earth would you call their Population Fraudulent ?

He needs to tender an Apology for that.
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by Akhee: 9:11am On Nov 23, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Presidency-North-cant-dictate-to-others-says-Adebanjo
Abeg I get old Biafra Pounds for sale. If you guys know who dey collect such of currency for historical purposes...
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by onuman: 9:13am On Nov 23, 2022
But the skewed and lopsided political structure of Nigeria created by northern soldiers who created 19 states and Abuja in one region, North, but only 17 states in two southern regions, makes northern politicians largely dictate who becomes president of Nigeria.
A presidential candidate must win 25% of votes in 24 states, before proclaimed winner of Nigeria's presidential election.

The north exploits the political ignorance of the southern people.
A southerner will tell you that the land mass of Borno state alone is larger than the land mass of all the SE states put together, so why would the SE ask for more states.
The southerner doesn't understand that land mass or population figures is never used as criterion to create new federating units in a country formed by diverse regions

There should have been more states in the two southern regions than in the northern region.
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by Eriokanmi: 9:15am On Nov 23, 2022
Abdul05:
let us be honest..it is late for now

Cos there is no any party coalition between the southerners .....

And the federal constituencies you see now, have been made to put more federal seats to the north...

Maybe in the future not for now. ..

As buhari came and changed everything overnight to suit his region and people, so will the next president remove them and put things right. Nothing is impossible. Na shout dem go shout or act like they did in 2011. Buhari didn't even favour the north per se. Rather, he favoured his fellow fulanis with juicy positions. Nepotism is one thing buhari is known for, even in the 80s. Fulani is a minority ethnic group in the north.

See what happened in Tinubu's case, they dictated to him to appoint a muslim as running mate as the only condition to support him after tinubu outsmarted them and lawan who was their preferred candidate at the primaries. Claiming tinubu cant win an election for the apc by choosing a Christian from the north is a mere fallacy. If they really wanted to support his ambition as a Nigerian and a means of appreciating what he did by sponsoring buhari, his vp pick shouldn't have been an issue. You know what, fulanis are ever ungrateful but tinubu is to blame cos our leaders warned him in 2015. They only wanted to frab power, not looking for a progressive Nigeria. They grabbed the power successfully and messed things up, after dem don chop belle full by way of stealling . See one man stealing over 100bn naira...that's how they roll. They have nothing good to offer this country. Now, they're claiming nigeria belongs to them and they want to take it by force, sending their men in the forests to kill, maim and kidnap our people. They bought them ak47 rifles with our money they stole and gave to them..

It couldn't have been Tinubu's wish, in a religiously divided country like Nigeria to pick a muslim as a running mate. They simply dictated to him. Anyone citing the 1993 choice of abiola is myopic and not ready to say the truth. We wanted military to leave by all means so, anything that would make this happen was welcome. It was still same fulanis in the military who made it a compulsion for mko to pick a muslim among them before he picked kingibe. No be today oo guy, e don tey. Did mko finally get there? grin With all these, they'd still not vote tinubu as they always believe power must return and remain in the north. 2023 election will either uphold or split Nigeria cos the body language is clear enough, especially with the mass defection of apc loyalists in the north to the pdp as seen in recent times. Imagine atiku telling northerners that they don't need a yorubaman or an igboman as president but a northerner? We're waiting for him patiently.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by 41lady(m): 9:18am On Nov 23, 2022
I am from the north but I love what this papa said. The northern leaders should better know that everybody are humans and deserve to be given chance to rule. No one is born to rule.
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by yemex04(m): 9:18am On Nov 23, 2022
It is statements like this that appeal to the emotions of some people.. This Baba just tell some what massages their egos..

Well I understand very well the fact that every Nigerian has the right to be President of this Country & I am sure no one has been denied the right to..This is why Jonathan from a small Tribe won it.. But as against what Baba wants us to believe, Jonathan won it because he had substantial support from the North to be able to win it.. It is utter foolishness to believe you can win the Presidency with Zero support from the North, infact u need their support substantially to win it.. Anyone from the South East has the right to contest, but if he wants to win He must negotiate to get the Northern support substantially.. so they can dictate o.. the same way Southwest can influence who wins.
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:20am On Nov 23, 2022
The three (3) Nigerians I owned my respect to are Bishop Kukah of sokoto state, Olusegun Obasanjo and now, Pa Adebayo . They've earned my profound respect.
The Southerners hid under the umbrella of cowardice and make the northerners feel god-like. It's preposterous. I hate the northerners with all the blood in my veins and arteries. By tomorrow, I'll be leaving Yobe state for Borno state inshallah.
If the South's knows how worthless the North's regards them, they'll agitate for secession.
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by uba1991: 9:21am On Nov 23, 2022
This man always talk like a fool. Oya come and force the north to vote for peter Obi nah.
Useless old fool that doesn't know that we have more than 300 tribes in Nigeria. The right for an Igbo man to contest is also the same rights an Idoma, Fulani, Tiv, Ijaw etc has.
This mumu old man that supposed to talk peace is the one that is causing dissatisfaction among ethnic groups.
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by Deltavariant(m): 9:24am On Nov 23, 2022
There is nothing wrong in following the path of Juba...the door is open.
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by Mayor101010(m): 9:25am On Nov 23, 2022
So you're a slave to the north?
NigeriaIsGreat:
shut up mumu

Wetin you sabi?

The north has the number. They'd decide your fate next year
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by uba1991: 9:26am On Nov 23, 2022
JASONjnr:
This is the narrative that we're looking forward to change....

Previously, the north relied on the south to win any election
..But Tinubu went and taught them the tricks that all they need is s/w and the entire North, with a little s/w contribution to win....

Now, the North is using their over population to make decisions. They even confused Tinubu to pick another Muslim if he wants to win...

Will change the story....No region should have the power to decide who rules a country like Nigeria..
nobody decide who win, all of you are given the same rights to contest. Majority will speak. Minority will wail.
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by Deltavariant(m): 9:26am On Nov 23, 2022
uba1991:
This man always talk like a fool. Oya come and force the north to vote for peter Obi nah.
Useless old fool that doesn't know that we have more than 300 tribes in Nigeria. The right for an Igbo man to contest is also the same rights an Idoma, Fulani, Tiv, Ijaw etc has.
This mumu old man that supposed to talk peace is the one that is causing dissatisfaction among ethnic groups.
Adamawa State alone is more diverse than the whole SE...
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by Mayor101010(m): 9:26am On Nov 23, 2022
uba1991:
I guess you don't have an elderly one at home.
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by victorsola: 9:27am On Nov 23, 2022
adenigga:

. The truth is they make the decision and thier is nothing anybody has been able to do . It al boils. Down to numbers and not stupid analysis
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by victorsola: 9:29am On Nov 23, 2022
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by EmmyDJourno: 9:29am On Nov 23, 2022
The North must wake up to this reality, they can’t keep dictating to us when they are lagging behind in all parameters
Re: Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo by uba1991: 9:31am On Nov 23, 2022
Racoon:

Words on marble.You got my utter respect and admiration some more sir.Ayo Adebanjo just like Nnamdi Azikiwe are just pan-nationalists to the core. They have strong believe in equity, justice and eligantarism

However, the present political structure that this contraption of a country is sitting upon is so defective from the constitutional to administrative that so people feel it is their right to dictate to others. This is why a sovereign national conference must be convoke to discuss the nationhood of this forced marriage.
gerrout! Who force you? What are you doing in Abuja Lagos Kaduna Jos kano etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cooking Gas Price Hits ₦‎16,250 Per 12.5kg / Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die / Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.