Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup (13474 Views)

What Is Your Most Preferred Football Formation? / Chelsea: Todd Boehly Chosen As Preferred Bidder For Premier League Club. / The Hilarious Pidgin English Football Commentary On DSTV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by kpas4kpas2(m): 4:30pm On Nov 23, 2022
English
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by gloryman91: 4:32pm On Nov 23, 2022
Arabic
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by HITsquad: 4:32pm On Nov 23, 2022
Arabic commentary does not have competition yet grin

Someone said they even 'call for prayer' in the middle of a match commentary grin

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by benqo01(m): 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobonaire234:
English. The pidgin is not something I am used to yet.

I hate am ehn e no sweet at all

1 Like

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Nathaniel111(m): 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2022
Igala
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Blackman101: 4:37pm On Nov 23, 2022
pure English langauge
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Blackman101: 4:38pm On Nov 23, 2022
benqo01:

I hate am ehn e no sweet at all

you can say that again
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by phemmyfour: 4:39pm On Nov 23, 2022
scholes23:
Before the Qatar 2022 world cup, Super Sport introduced football commentary in local languages across African countries and this has given subscribers the opportunity to listen to commentary in their local language and as a matter of fact, most of them prefer listening to their mother tongue rather than English.
I hear and speak Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo but after taking time to listen to the three languages except pijin English, and without any bias, I prefer Igbo commentary cos it's interesting and he adds life and humour to the commentary and just like English broadcasters, he also talks about the players and how they performed in their various football clubs. This makes football interesting to watch

So guys, what's your pick?
English
Other commentaries are mixing it with English
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Blackman101: 4:39pm On Nov 23, 2022
clockwisereport:
English

Data pidgin English is boring

I don't know who came up with that idea
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Bintdawood(f): 4:39pm On Nov 23, 2022
Omoaseyiowu:
Arabic

I dey there
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Vadese1: 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2022
Vredoooooo

karsey:
Pidgin

My warri brothers and sisters

Migwooo
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by kingmsookwagh(m): 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2022
Still English.

The punchlines are just crazy....
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by HomeTutorsPro: 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2022
Jeffyblaq:

Whatz this Blu Bla bablublu I'm seeing of late everywhere?

PPhttps://youtu.be/Fox9ks5hL7YPP

Copy, remove the PP at the beginning and the PP at the end.
It's a link to the answer to your question.
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by goodheart01: 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2022
[quote author=Moh247 post=118626402]

U dey call mods as small pikin wey u be abi?! When u guys call people Zombies or Zombidients u no think twice abi?

Stop crying joor and stop being an urchin simple
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by johhbekeboh09: 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2022
Nigerian Pidgin
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by mattmogan88: 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2022
scholes23:
Before the Qatar 2022 world cup, Super Sport introduced football commentary in local languages across African countries and this has given subscribers the opportunity to listen to commentary in their local language and as a matter of fact, most of them prefer listening to their mother tongue rather than English.
I hear and speak Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo but after taking time to listen to the three languages except pijin English, and without any bias, I prefer Igbo commentary cos it's interesting and he adds life and humour to the commentary and just like English broadcasters, he also talks about the players and how they performed in their various football clubs. This makes football interesting to watch

So guys, what's your pick?

How do I select igbo commentary.?
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Kingharzyz(m): 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
The Yoruba lady brings a lot of energy
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Robinmido(m): 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
English of course. Na Peter Drury commentary ooo that man is Shakespeare reincarnation.
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Kingharzyz(m): 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
mattmogan88:

How do I select igbo commentary.?

Press option and change language
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by mattmogan88: 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kingharzyz:

Press option and change language

I should press option on the selected channel or ?
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by AfonjaConehead: 4:58pm On Nov 23, 2022
Jeeezzz I love it English always
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by AfonjaConehead: 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobonaire234:
English. The pidgin is not something I am used to yet.

See this waffi nigga Baaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by 8stargeneral: 5:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
I prefer English it makes u feel good watching football
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by mmsen: 5:18pm On Nov 23, 2022
Brazilian Portuguese or Arabic.

They have the best commentators.

The English are the worst. lipsrsealed
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by t2luv1: 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2022
Lo siento gente, tiene que ser español. Vivo en el sur de Florida.

Translation
Sorry people it has to be Spanish I live in South Florida.
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by placeofallure(f): 5:41pm On Nov 23, 2022
I prefer the English. The pidgin make me feel out of place, it's just not natural cause I'm not a good pidgin English speaker, I've always struggled.
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by udeh3(m): 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2022
karsey:
Pidgin

My warri brothers and sisters

Migwooo

Afta u na u...

Pigin to d world. I still rep Wafi

1 Like

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by cuffee: 5:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
BABANGBALI:
Latin. The language of the heavenly Angels
you don fùck girl sotay she speak in tongue
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by jamesversion: 5:47pm On Nov 23, 2022
The Pidgin Channel commentator is more of a comedian than a football commentator.

He will leave futbol and be discussing jargon.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by baba4thegehs: 6:03pm On Nov 23, 2022
Is this even a question?

Majority of us speak and only understand English why will you prefer a commentary in a language you don't understand? Lol

The commentary btw France and Australia is my all time favorite though. They understand the job and how to give context to little details about the players.
I was the best ever. Talking about how an Australian players had gone through extreme poverty as a refugee to securing a full-time position in the national team. Truely inspiring commentary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Won’t Celebrate If Man United Beat Chelsea, Says Mourinho / Mane, Salah On 10-man List For African Footballer Of The Year 2022 / Sunday Mba Vows To Shame Critics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.