Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,431 members, 7,954,696 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:27 AM

What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup (13695 Views)

What Is Your Most Preferred Football Formation? / Chelsea: Todd Boehly Chosen As Preferred Bidder For Premier League Club. / The Hilarious Pidgin English Football Commentary On DSTV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by DAVIDGODGIFT(m): 6:12pm On Nov 23, 2022
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PLEASE �
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by vickydevoka(m): 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2022
Ankara messi, Ankara messi Ankara messi.x3
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by onlinestaff2020: 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2022
PIDGIN English wins it for me as all my neighbors in New York were laughing the hell outta there asses during the German vs Japanese match.

The commentator na die Warri guy wey carry better oil for head...The guy pure no be small thing oh!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Hamsongee07: 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2022
The Hausa make sense die
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Ganjafama(m): 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2022
PHZADDY1:
Have you listened to Peter Drury??
The god of football commentary
What about Jim Beglin?
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2022
fulfulde
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Saint99: 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2022
Arabic sweet die. Even though I don't understand the language, you will hear the commentator shouting " Hallah! Allah! Allah! Wa aa Allah!!!
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Bahamas95(m): 8:04pm On Nov 23, 2022
I listened to the pidgin commentary for the first time today and it was nice but I prefer the English commentary because it's what am used to.

If I wanna laugh I watch matches with my app and listen to Arabic commentary. Those guys are crazy. grin........Most times I enjoy the commentary more than the match. I always want the teams to score because that's when the madness gets funnier.
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by charlsecy(m): 8:34pm On Nov 23, 2022
48noble:
Igboamaka..
Do they have Igbo commentary?
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by omotayo9177: 8:56pm On Nov 23, 2022
Adejuwonhis:
Olorisport that Ibadan girl kill it Argentina vs ksa been awhile I laugh so hard
Please how were you able to change the language on your decoder. I've been trying it but it's bringing only English, default language
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by tycoon3(m): 9:00pm On Nov 23, 2022
Adejuwonhis:
Olorisport that Ibadan girl kill it Argentina vs ksa been awhile I laugh so hard
I have been using pidgin, please how can I change it to Yoruba
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Niswayne19: 9:26pm On Nov 23, 2022
Pidgin for me

It’s Christmas season and time to gift your loved ones.

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by kareemkamil(m): 9:50pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobonaire234:
English. The pidgin is not something I am used to yet.
U already lost totally.
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by frankfab(m): 10:33pm On Nov 23, 2022
Pidgin is my favorite

1 Like

Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Sexyolori(f): 10:39pm On Nov 23, 2022
Pidgin English for me. The guy is so hilarious.
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by DrMuzungu(m): 10:56pm On Nov 23, 2022
None. Absolutely none. I don't give a crap about football.
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by brucelee29: 11:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
I've listened to the pidgin, it's ok to some extent that they give less information. Commentary is not just about the game itself. It's educative hence English commentary remains the best.
Check out Peter Drury"s commentary in the match between Belgium and Canada. He was such a beauty to behold in commentary
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Bfly: 11:40pm On Nov 23, 2022
It is simply English. Probably, because i care more about original. Most Nigerians these days want comic out of everything.
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by antibullshit: 1:40am On Nov 24, 2022
enemmo:
For Qatar 22

English, just because the commentators run actual commentaries, giving useful info

The pidgin guy is funny, buy he gets carried away with his comedy.
I agree. The pidgin guy has no useful information to give no stats or facts about any of the players . For those who understand the english commentators are also funny and have a way with words. The pidgin commentary lacks depth. Its too pedestrian. A sports commentator should know more than the average person .
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by etrange: 3:29am On Nov 24, 2022
French.
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by scholes23(m): 11:53am On Nov 24, 2022
mattmogan88:

How do I select igbo commentary.?
On your remote select options , select language and scroll till you get
Soundtrack 4 of 4
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by scholes23(m): 11:54am On Nov 24, 2022
charlsecy:
Do they have Igbo commentary?
yes
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by mattmogan88: 12:10pm On Nov 24, 2022
scholes23:

On your remote select options , select language and scroll till you get
Soundtrack 4 of 4

Thanks
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by xjiggy: 1:20pm On Nov 24, 2022
Those pidgin guys ruthless. Instead of commentary Na bad mouth Dem dey bad mouth everybody
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Emperormartin(m): 2:05pm On Nov 24, 2022
I'm still trying to adjust myself listening to female commentary. It's hard but I'm trying
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by charlsecy(m): 11:02am On Nov 25, 2022
scholes23:
yes
Which channel is the Igbo commentary on DStv?
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by scholes23(m): 4:38pm On Nov 26, 2022
charlsecy:
Which channel is the Igbo commentary on DStv?
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by charlsecy(m): 6:47pm On Nov 27, 2022
scholes23:

It's Pidgin, not Igbo.
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Baaj: 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
telim:
Gwari or Agatu

Sir Telim,
please bless me with one of your secret step by step guide or simple method for a newbie / non-tech person to earn $5 to $10 daily online that requires affordable capital, God bless you sir�.
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by scholes23(m): 8:31pm On Nov 29, 2022
charlsecy:
It's Pidgin, not Igbo.
Press the option button and select language scroll sideways
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by charlsecy(m): 9:51pm On Nov 29, 2022
scholes23:

Press the option button and select language scroll sideways
No Igbo there. Or are there specific matches where Igbo is also used?
Re: What's Your Preferred Football Commentary Language For The World Cup by Mightyinmichael: 9:16pm On Dec 11, 2022
I noticed the local language commentaries lags some seconds behind the match incident, but the real English commentary doesn't lag as such,this really affected my attention on the match, though I still manage to listen to it. Maybe those local commentators are not actually live commenting directly from Qatar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2018 NBA Finals: Warriors Sweeps LeBron James Cavaliers For 2nd Straight Title / Fifa President Infantino To Visit Nigeria On Sunday, 24th July 2016. / Onazi Joins Turkish Club Trabzonspor From Lazio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.