Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute (6086 Views)

Atiku Files Fresh Suit For Tinubu's Records To Be Released By CSU / Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship / Inconclusive Primary : Gunmen Disrupt Kogi PDP Gov Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by Kwanza: 8:57pm On Nov 22, 2022
The Supreme Court has ordered fresh hearing of the suit challenging the nomination of Oladipupo Adebutu as the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ogun State.

In a judgment on Monday, a five-man panel of the Supreme Court held that Justice Taiwo Taiwo of the Federal High Court, Abuja was wrong in declining jurisdiction and failing to hear the case on its merit.

Justice Ibrahim Saulawa, in the lead judgment, affirmed an earlier judgment by the Court of Appeal, Abuja which held that the issue of primary was not internal to a political party and as such, could not be classified as an internal affair of the party over which a court lacked jurisdiction, as held by Justice Taiwo.

Justice Saulawa added that the Federal High Court has jurisdiction, under Section 285 of the 1999 Constitution and Section 84 [14) of the Electoral Act 2022, to hear the suit, which is challenging the conduct of Ogun PDP’s governorship primary held on May 25.

The judge ordered that the case be remitted to the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court in Abuja for hearing by another judge.

The judgment was on the appeal filed by the PDP against the September 30 judgment of the Court of Appeal, which set aside Justice Taiwo’s judgment and ordered that the suit by Jimi Lawal be heard on the merit by the Federal High Court.

Lawal, an aspirant that, who participated in the May 25 governorship primary of the Ogun PDP had sued at the Federal High Court, Abuja to challenge Adebutu’s emergence as the party’s candidate.

Lawal alleged among others, that an unlawful delegates list was used by the PDP to conduct the election.

He then prayed the court to void the primary nnd order the conduct of fresh one, using ‘the authentic adhoc delegates list.”

In his judgment on July 29 Justice Taiwo declined jurisdiction on the grounds that primary election was a domestic affair of any political party, a decision Lawal appealed at the Court of Appeal in Abuja.

In its judgment on September 30, a three-member panel panel of the Court of Appeal set aside judgment by Justice Taiwo and ordered that the case be heard on merit.

It is the appeal that the PDP lodged against the Court of Appeal in judgment that the Supreme Court dismissed on Monday and ordered that Lawal’s case be heard on merit.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/supreme-court-orders-fresh-suit-over-ogun-pdp-gov-primary-dispute/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by Upworkwriter007(f): 9:05pm On Nov 22, 2022
LOl. This state to me is a 1 party state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by fergie001: 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2022
The Candidate of Ogun PDP will be known in February 2023.
Mynd44:

The PDP does not have a guber candidate in Ogun.

How Lado allowed this happen to him again is the real story
They will have in February 2023 but the case will be like Adeleke's where litigations will continue even till after elections.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by Mynd44: 6:18am On Nov 23, 2022
fergie001:
The Candidate of Ogun PDP will be known in February 2023.
The PDP does not have a guber candidate in Ogun.

How Lado allowed this happen to him again is the real story

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by doctore212(m): 6:19am On Nov 23, 2022
I have to stop visiting olosho from today.

You no allow me touch Bobby yet you dey tell me to add money .

Meanwhile,do anyone have location of correct olosho for Ketu where I fit carry beta olosho for 2k all night
Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by propsvilla1: 6:19am On Nov 23, 2022
Ok

Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by inoki247: 6:21am On Nov 23, 2022
lol Ogun PdP as been jazzed same issue every year....
Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by LagosIsForIgbos: 6:21am On Nov 23, 2022
Ogun PDP...same shit different toilet
Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by Emmypure: 6:22am On Nov 23, 2022
Vote for Peter obi.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by inoki247: 6:22am On Nov 23, 2022
doctore212:

Meanwhile,do anyone have location of correct olosho for Ketu where I fit carry beta olosho for 2k all night

lol maybe u shuld enta Alapere side...

U fit see for ile ileh side too shocked shocked shocked

Just know afta the 2k things fit miss for ur house oh...

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by Lawalemi(m): 6:25am On Nov 23, 2022
All these people are just giving Dapo another undeserved chance.
I want an Ogun State with one term governor until a distant future

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by Virginnn(f): 6:27am On Nov 23, 2022
Bleep
Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by onuman: 6:28am On Nov 23, 2022
Kwanza:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/supreme-court-orders-fresh-suit-over-ogun-pdp-gov-primary-dispute/amp/

In Nigeria:
a judge said the court has no jurisdiction over primary elections of political parties;

in another court, another judge says the court has jurisdiction over primary elections of political parties.
This tells a lot of ugly stories about Nigeria's judiciary.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by Addme: 6:42am On Nov 23, 2022
Ogun PDP is just like Lagos PDP.
Nonsense everytime.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by Starhearts: 6:48am On Nov 23, 2022
doctore212:

Go mascara side, for ketu Alapere area....

Or....

Anibaba Street b4 Mile 12 Market
Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by Powerexpert: 6:50am On Nov 23, 2022
When it is to dazzle themselves it always get to the Supreme Court.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by LibertyRep: 7:00am On Nov 23, 2022
Clearly, Ogun PDP is jinxed.

This is their best chance and they just blew it away.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by Kunlelee: 7:13am On Nov 23, 2022
Ogun pdp and controversy all the time. Be like village people dey follow lado
Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by daygee12: 7:19am On Nov 23, 2022
Upworkwriter007:
LOl. This state to me is a 1 party state.

But the Obidi-ots still get hope of 25%, who dey always deceive Shinedu
Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by stormborn28(m): 8:51am On Nov 23, 2022
Virginnn:
Bleep

You go sabi fvck well well ooooooo
Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by fergie001: 9:02am On Nov 23, 2022
Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by ufuosman(m): 9:29am On Nov 23, 2022
Ogun state PDP no serious
Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:48am On Nov 23, 2022
Noted.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by pepericozi: 9:53am On Nov 23, 2022
Election is a game of competition. Without opponent, there is no election.

So therefore, APC must have opponents both left and right before they can be declared winner.

So good luck �� ���

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Orders Fresh Suit Over Ogun PDP Gov Primary Dispute by sageb: 10:32am On Nov 23, 2022
Kunlelee:
Ogun pdp and controversy all the time. Be like village people dey follow lado

Just like the same scenario in 2019.
2019 Ladi vs Kashamu
2023 Ladi vs Showunmi

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kano Guber: We’ve No Plan To Compromise Supreme Court Judgment – APC / Governor Soludo Introduces Measures To Address Security Challenges In Anambra / Your Troubling Silence - Sahara Reporters' Letter To Festus Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.