Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots (10366 Views)

Gridlock As Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos / Queues Resurface As Tinubu Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal / Marketers Blame Oil Price, FOREX As Cooking Gas Price Rises Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by AfonjaConehead: 6:56am On Nov 23, 2022
My own vessel is ladened with fuel and there are lots of vessels, foreign mother vessels too,ladened with cargo...naija
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by Myfuture01(m): 6:58am On Nov 23, 2022
Okay
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by Gkay1(m): 6:59am On Nov 23, 2022
D common men will be the one to suffer it. This nation is not friendly with common men at all
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by CEwog91(m): 6:59am On Nov 23, 2022
And they still want to be re-elected. Imagine.... Hope renewed grin grin
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by shedy03(m): 7:01am On Nov 23, 2022
That que should stay in Lagos abeg, we just dey begin to enjoy peace at our petrol stations here in Abuja.
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by BigYash: 7:02am On Nov 23, 2022
APshit supporters will have their fuel supplied to them at home..
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by Walz001: 7:05am On Nov 23, 2022
HenryThegreat1:

https://punchng.com/fuel-queues-resurface-in-lagos-marketers-blame-depots/

The government we want is what they are giving us vote wisely if not una go buy fuel for #500 per litre coming year
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by bnovative(m): 7:09am On Nov 23, 2022
we have been buying fuel in Akwa ibom at N250 for the past one month.
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by victorVIC1(m): 7:11am On Nov 23, 2022
Power supply has also declined seriously. The government is talking about brain drain due to the upsurge in the rate of relocation from Nigeria. The question is what is the government doing to make the environment enabling for the common man?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by COMPENGRFRANK(m): 7:20am On Nov 23, 2022
Nigeria and there problem no dey finish
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by Menclothing: 7:25am On Nov 23, 2022
No matter who your president may petrol no more subsidy it will be 510

You all buy at rate other African countries are buying

1 Like

Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 23, 2022
All this can be solved by removing subsides on petrol, and letting the market and the marketers set the price of petrol....

And if you shout 'We are poor'....I doubt that if you were a businessperson, you would sell your goods at a loss...to help the poor.

Subsidy we have done for nearly 50 years. It is not working. It is time it went completely.

P.S Don't ask me about what Buhari should have done...because what he should have done is remove subsides completely, not partially, and stopped setting prices for the market..

Don't ask me about refineries...because the fact that we import fuel is due to local refining being rendered unprofitable due to subsidy regimen.
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by membranus: 7:44am On Nov 23, 2022
Menclothing:
No matter who your president may petrol no more subsidy it will be 510

You all buy at rate other African countries are buying

Let them bring it on, that's the spark we are waiting for to kindle the fire that will burn the nation.
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 23, 2022
membranus:

Let them bring it on, that's the spark we are waiting for to kindle the fire that will burn the nation.

I hope you, as a businessman, will sell at a loss, so that you can help the poor. The poor need your help, so sell below the price you bought the goods you are selling to help them

P.S Niger and Ghana sell fuel at higher prices than we do, and both countries are not burning yet.
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by jornwhite: 7:48am On Nov 23, 2022
deNet:
Fuel is now ₦300 per litre

And they said we shouldn't vote obidiently

Kindly point to where you saw #300 per litre in the post, highest is btw 210 & 215 ... voting a peter obi that depended on FG allocation throughout is tenure does not depict "HOPE"
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 23, 2022
yesloaded:
This country will never stop to amaze me, we have crude oil but our refinery not functional just because few people are making huge amount of money out of this misfortune

Incumbent administration promised us functional refinery but we are yet to see one till today even after 7years and 6months

Nigerians need to wake up to reality

Our refineires are not funcitonal because it costs over N300 to refine one liter of fuel...and Nigerians want to buy that one liter below N200 or even N100.

Unless your name is Dangote, you won't risk investing in refining crude, and as NNPC has found out, there won't be enough profit to keep any refiniery running...plus the free money avaialable due to subsides means....corruption and looting.
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by bonnyhope: 7:51am On Nov 23, 2022
deNet:

Obi will increase it more

If na because of that one then don't vote Obi
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 23, 2022
deNet:

Peter Obi is going to remove subsidy, and prices will go up to N500, if he is voted in...

Because, Nigeria does not have money to keep fuel subsidized.

The only way Obi can afford subsidy is by doing what Buhari is doing...pay for it via loans and more loans.
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 23, 2022
Gkay1:
D common men will be the one to suffer it. This nation is not friendly with common men at all

The problem with fuel is that it is expensive. If we like, we can sell fuel at N40 per liter...and we will still pay the market price by loans and debts.

Right now we have a choice...pay for fuel at market price at the pump, or subsidise fuel...and still pay the market price via higher taxes, and/or debts and loans.

Note that the people that bring you the fuel, which include your fellow Nigerians...and not just the rich fat cats...all want to be PAID.
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 23, 2022
Walz001:

The government we want is what they are giving us vote wisely if not una go buy fuel for #500 per litre coming year

I think we should vote out APC, but voting in PDP, LP or any party is not going to guarantee cheap fuel prices.

Subsidy is eating a larger chunk of our budget yearly. Either it goes, or we end up spending all our revenue on subsidy and repaying debts next year...and take loans to finance 100% of our budgets in the future...

1 Like

Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by FarahAideed: 8:10am On Nov 23, 2022
deNet:

Voting obediently will not return fuel to 65 naira

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by Alanchewo: 8:12am On Nov 23, 2022
We re already buying N240 per litre in Ebonyi
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by Treadway: 8:17am On Nov 23, 2022
sukkot:
obi plunge ndi anambra to 70 percent poverty. he is not the answer or the messiah .
Sukkot my guy, ok, let's go with this info as I believe that is what you are referencing. On this same slide, Benin was 72.5 poverty rate when Adams Oshiomole was Governor, but people say Adams did well as gov! Not to mention most of the states excluding the south west had high numbers. Ekiti is the only one less than 60, and guess who was gov then, Fayose! Same Fayose that people called unprintable names till this day. They say plunged, no join dem talk am o, cos they didn't say what it was before this report, and they singled his out, despite the other overwhelming numbers of states with 70's or close.. Oya I dey hear grin

Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by sukkot: 8:31am On Nov 23, 2022
Treadway:
Sukkot my guy, ok, let's go with this info as I believe that is what you are referencing. On this same slide, Benin was 72.5 poverty rate when Adams Oshiomole was Governor, but people say Adams did well as gov! Not to mention most of the states excluding the south west had high numbers. Ekiti is the only one less than 60, and guess who was gov then, Fayose! Same Fayose that people called unprintable names till this day. They say plunged, no join dem talk am o, cos they didn't say what it was before this report, and they singled his out, despite the other overwhelming numbers of states with 70's or close.. Oya I dey hear grin
hehe my brother i dey hear you very well and i agree but that one still mean say none of these guys na messiah. they dont have any magic tricks because if they did they would have used it before. so these guys are not coming in to save anybody. they are simply coming in so that each tribesman can be happy that his tribe is president. see i would respect the guy if he said he wants obi to win because he wants to see an igboman as president. but to say if obi comes in nigeria would turn to dubai is a lie from the pits of hell. thats all am saying. none of these guys na messiah ooooo . obi will become president if it be the will of GOD and when he heaves in 2027 nigeria would still be a pile of shit or worse grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by membranus: 8:33am On Nov 23, 2022
Kobonaire234:

I hope you, as a businessman, will sell at a loss, so that you can help the poor. The poor need your help, so sell below the price you bought the goods you are selling to help them

P.S Niger and Ghana sell fuel at higher prices than we do, and both countries are not burning yet.

All countries give their citizens some sort of subsidies, whether agricultural or industrial wise. Since Nigeria did not go the agricultural way, there must be some way we the masses must benefit from the vast resources in this country, thereforeif it through petroleum subsidy, let it be. All of us cannot work with government with easy access to loot and share the national cake.

As for Ghana, they are near to a boiling point, and their government are finding it more difficult to control the citizens, very soon the world will hear from them.
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 23, 2022
Xmas is around the corner, time to punish the easterners, no travel for them during this period, CBNs currency redesign will deal another blow to them as they wont have cash to spray this xmas.
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 23, 2022
Treadway:

But is it not what Soludo is currently doing? Anambra is like Abia state cursed with wicked governors.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 23, 2022
Dont worry oilwell has been found in the north, wait for dangote to relocate his refinery to the north to start sending fuel refined in portharcourt piped to bauchi and sent to lagos for you to buy.
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots by Whobedatte(m): 8:43am On Nov 23, 2022
Fuel price in the north is between 285- 350 / litre since last month .
Country tire person

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan / Towards A Violent Free 2015 Elections - #VoteNotFight / Has The South West Made A Wrong Move?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.