Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar (4838 Views)

Most Businesses Just Get People Stuck In A Circle / How To Get People To Sponsor A Big Business Idea / Discover How To Get People All Over The World To Dash You Money To Start Any Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by buzor(m): 8:17pm On Aug 25, 2011
fellow nairalanders, please help me. am organizing a seminar coming up on the first and second of october.
the seminar is going to be on basic computer training -
computer appreciation
microsoft office (ms word)
internet applications
and am expecting the following class of people to attend my seminar -
high school and college students
workers including teachers, lawyers, business men etc
job seekers
and am expecting at least 50 people to attend the seminar and now this is where am seeking your help on,
How do i get atleast 50 people to attend the seminar
Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by buzor(m): 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2011
all contributions will be highly appreciated, thanx
Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 25, 2011
you need to advertise in the newspapers for a day,i think punch newspapers will be okay ,just a small space .many will come.
Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by xamfort(m): 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2011
A black and white hand bill advert will help.
Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by Glamourgal(f): 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2011
Sell yourself,

Hand out leaflets to your target and maybe offer free snacks during intervals.

Good luck.
Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by buzor(m): 9:48pm On Aug 25, 2011
i plan to do a full colour flyers but i dont think that is enough to get atleast 50 people to attend. as regard to newspaper advert, i dont have such amount of money,
any other means of inviting people
Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by Glamourgal(f): 9:54pm On Aug 25, 2011
Word of mouth, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, forums, etc.

Or you can set up a stand.
Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 25, 2011
Nigerians of today want to see result and that is something you can not offer in a day's seminar. With your topics, I advise you organize private classes or a computer school. There are too many schools offering your product as a side attraction and you do not seem to have a strong sales pitch with which to steal people's attention and actually get them to attend.

If you even succeed in getting people to attend, you will discover you will not be able to deliver eg word appreciation cant be learnt in 5wks talk of a day, I believe after this seminar you will want to conduct others and gradually build a brand from it.

Please do not think I am trying to discourage you or whatever but I learnt the hard way, there is nothing like spending money on the publicity of your seminar and have a bunch of people attend that are not even interested in what you have to say.

Your audience is most likely to come from the immediate vicinity so I believe you should be appealing to their mothers, sell the idea to them through word of mouth and a charming personality and you might easily surpass your target.
Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by buzor(m): 2:28pm On Aug 26, 2011
i get your point when it comes to the side of competition. but believe you me, a lot of people are interested in taking computer lesson from me. May be, because am doing some thing different from what everyone else is doing, 'private computer classes and home training'
I also understand the fact that no human being can learn these topics including - computer appreciation, ms office(word), and internet in just two days but what am trying to do is to introduce them to the above topics and then sell my manuals/CD which contain the rest of information.
Remember, am doing something different from what everyone else is doing thats why a lot of people are interested. So am just trying to take it to the next level,
please give me a more positive advice and thanx for the criticism
Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by happyday: 2:43pm On Aug 26, 2011
Hi,
I can understand ur point-u feel u are good to go,but not to sure if people will be attending.
If I were you,i love doing it the online way,I would get a blog and generate a steady traffic,and most importantly,you will need to harness the power of facebook here,since u're going comp. Wise,create a fan page and give out useful tips on computer problems,and then table the offer before them.
U may also plan to look at paper advertising,i can get u across to a publication that will get ur seminar across,and delivers fast results,and if u ask me,the price is cheap!
Hope this helps.
Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2011
buzor:

i get your point when it comes to the side of competition. but believe you me, a lot of people are interested in taking computer lesson from me. May be, because am doing some thing different from what everyone else is doing, 'private computer classes and home training'
I also understand the fact that no human being can learn these topics including - computer appreciation, ms office(word), and internet in just two days but what am trying to do is to introduce them to the above topics and then sell my manuals/CD which contain the rest of information.
Remember, am doing something different from what everyone else is doing thats why a lot of people are interested. So am just trying to take it to the next level,
please give me a more positive advice and thanx for the criticism

Now I see what you are trying to do. Here it is, advertise the seminar and tell people the seminar is free,that should pull in a monstrous crowd. After the seminar, sell your manuals. People might not come with money but do not be discouraged because you will be conducting a second seminar and this time people will come with a better mindset. If the setup is what I have in mind, then print one coloured hand bill and photocopy it to distribute in the area where you are already operating. The best place I believe to meet your target is to go give them like a trailer of what will happen on the seminar day in their classrooms. Meet them during break. You are sure to organise on successful seminar.
Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by inspireall: 9:20pm On Aug 28, 2011
You can send. Such ppost as this:

Come let's show u companies that can Invest and Trade with your capital ( N30,000naira) and they will be paying u N5000 monthly with extra benefits of upto 1,000,000naira return on ur investment with money back guarantee. Free Seminar venue: Tantalizers Fast Food hall, Sobo Bus stop,Akonwonjo- Egbeda road, Egbeda,Lagos.Date and Time-Every Thursday, 11am-1pm
Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by inspireall: 9:20pm On Aug 28, 2011

Come let's show u companies that can Invest and Trade with your capital ( N30,000naira) and they will be paying u N5000 monthly with extra benefits of upto 1,000,000naira return on ur investment with money back guarantee. Free Seminar venue: Tantalizers Fast Food hall, Sobo Bus stop,Akonwonjo- Egbeda road, Egbeda,Lagos.Date and Time-Every Thursday, 11am-1pm
Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by inspireall: 9:21pm On Aug 28, 2011

Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 29, 2011
^^^
You are spamming
Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by Acidosis(m): 10:01am On Aug 29, 2011
Get a place on air, either a local radio station or on t.v since you will be dealing with people in your locality. If you try to advertise this on net e.g nairaland, it won't make any sense 'cos you can't expect someone far away to attend such seminar. Hand bills would also help.
Also, if you really need crowd i.e 500plus, why not collaborate with a private or government school around you.
Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 29, 2011
Acidosis:

Get a place on air, either a local radio station or on t.v since you will be dealing with people in your locality. If you try to advertise this on net e.g nairaland, it won't make any sense 'cos you can't expect someone far away to attend such seminar. Hand bills would also help.
Also, if you really need crowd i.e 500plus, why not collaborate with a private or government school around you.
That is just it and if he sells his idea well he could hit 2000 though not in one seminar but a series of seminar or in batches.
Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by Okukk(m): 7:04am On Aug 30, 2011
I will advice that you refuse to focus on money first at this early beginning.
Go all out and convince people, like you have been adviced, handbills, radio & t.v. advert will be good even if its just for one day. (the cost for the advert might not really be as much as you may think)
And finally, don't spam or deceive people on promises you can't deliver. You'll permanently nail you chances to succeed forever.
My #10 piece!
Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by Okukk(m): 7:05am On Aug 30, 2011
I will advice that you refuse to focus on money first at this early beginning.
Go all out and convince people, like you have been adviced, handbills, radio & t.v. advert will be good even if its just for one day. (the cost for the advert might not really be as much as you may think)
And finally, don't spam or deceive people on promises you can't deliver. You'll permanently nail you chances to succeed forever.
My #10 piece!
Re: Please Help Me, How Do I Get People To Attend My Seminar by cjotech: 10:48pm On Aug 30, 2011
thanx for all ur contributions, i think the most useful is to partner with private and public and schools,
any more still coming

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Imported 4.79 Billion Liters Of Petrol In Q2 2018 – NBS / How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? / Betting Made Easy ( Bet With Sense )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.