Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? (459 Views)

LGBTQ+: The Day This Happens, It Means The World's Only Days To Extinction / Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness / Created In God's Image And Likeness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by Jsmile(m): 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2022
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"

The above statement has always been the intention of God for man and He is committed to actualizing it in our lives if we will allow Him to do so. The kind of man He wants every man to be like has been modelled in Jesus Christ. The seed principle states that every seed reproduces according to it's kind.

What and who we turn to in discovering ourselves and the truth about our identity is of utmost importance because words has creative abilities.

There are several orientation/school of thought out there concerning our identity but I have come to understand that none of it can ever change God's position on us; man is a disoriented beign.

Societal acceptance of this movement can not negate the need for us to be changed truly in His image and likeness.

"For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son" Romans 8:29a

This is not a matter of two consenting adults living together to do what they like but about the need for us to open our hearts in humility for our Lord Jesus Christ to come in and change us in His image. Until our minds have been renewed we can never see anything wrong in whatever we are doing or proposing.

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2.

His word made alive in our hearts by the Holy Spirit is the agency for this amazing transformation. It is a glorious thing to bear the true image of God. The door for such a wonderful transformation is open to all of us.

It is understandable we were all born this way or discovered this perverse possibilities in us, but it is not understandable that we never believed into the gospel of His Son and exchanged what we are to all that He is which have been made possible in Christ Jesus.
Re: LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by immortalcrown(m): 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2022
cool

You think they have not read those Bible verses?
Re: LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by AntiChristian: 3:24pm On Nov 23, 2022
Jsmile:
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"

The above statement has always been the intention of God for man and He is committed to actualizing it in our lives if we will allow Him to do so. The kind of man He wants every man to be like has been modelled in Jesus Christ. The seed principle states that every seed reproduces according to it's kind.....................................

How does the quote in bolded red translate to that below?

No be witchcraft be this?
Re: LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by ApostolosIisous: 7:29pm On Nov 23, 2022
They very much relate sir.

Perhaps OP will explain better.

AntiChristian:

Re: LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by AntiChristian: 5:27am On Nov 24, 2022
ApostolosIisous:
They very much relate sir.

Perhaps OP will explain better.

I think I have to wait till eternity!

1 Like

Re: LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:54am On Nov 24, 2022
immortalcrown:

Reading totally differs from studying and understanding.

Why do you think Jesus Christ said to his disciples:

“Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name" Matthew 24:9

Well it's because both the true God, Jesus and all worshipers of the true God (Jehovah's Witnesses) will have the same line of thought regarding the way of holiness. John 17:22

So when some people read our book (Bible) but haven't met us to explain what it's saying they may feel relax living a carefree life after all the book makes no practical sense to them, but let them come in contact with Jehovah's Witnesses who will bring the message to life, they will surely begin to feel uncomfortable with that book around them {Hebrews 4:12} and as for JWs they will hate us to death! Matthew 10:17 :

1 Like

Re: LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by immortalcrown(m): 7:08am On Nov 24, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Reading totally differs from studying and understanding.

Why do you think Jesus Christ said to his disciples:

“Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name" Matthew 24:9

Well it's because both the true God, Jesus and all worshipers of the true God (Jehovah's Witnesses) will have the same line of thought regarding the way of holiness. John 17:22

So when some people read our book (Bible) but haven't met us to explain what it's saying they may feel relax living a carefree life after all the book makes no practical sense to them, but let them come in contact with Jehovah's Witnesses who will bring the message to life, they will surely begin to feel uncomfortable with that book around them {Hebrews 4:12} and as for JWs they will hate us to death! Matthew 10:17 :
They studied the Bible more than you have ever done. If an exam is to be set on the Bible, their high grades will surprise you. Going against the truth does not mean ignorance in most cases. They know the scripture but choose not to live according to the scripture.

1 Like

Re: LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:44am On Nov 24, 2022
immortalcrown:
They studied the Bible more than you have ever done. If an exam is to be set on the Bible, their high grades will surprise you. Going against the truth does not mean ignorance in most cases. They know the scripture but choose not to live according to the scripture.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm you really surprised me with this comment of yours but i will make you see how it makes no practical sense.

Imagine comparing a society scoring high grades in science and technology on paperworks due to the standard set by the western world and China whose WORKS could be seen globally. Which between the two KNOWS better?

Jehovah's Witnesses studied the same book and went round the globe with their teachings then in all the countries of the world they have gathered millions of people (including most racist nations) this group has used the same book to settle all their racial disparities, diverted their resources into production of food and information materials, erased the making buying selling and usage of weapons from their hearts and made them vow never to raise weapons against anyone again.

My guy that's exactly what the Author of the Bible said about the group of imperfection humans that knows best regarding His word the Bible! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

So if you're now saying people who only read and scored high grades in paperworks knows better it makes your comment really really funny Sir! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by immortalcrown(m): 7:55am On Nov 24, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm you really surprised me with this comment of yours but i will make you see how it makes no practical sense.

Imagine comparing a society scoring high grades in science and technology on paperworks due to the standard set by the western world and China whose WORKS could be seen globally. Which between the two KNOWS better?

Jehovah's Witnesses studied the same book and went round the globe with their teachings then in all the countries of the world they have gathered millions of people (including most racist nations) this group has used the same book to settle all their racial disparities, diverted their resources into production of food and information materials, erased the making buying selling and usage of weapons from their hearts and made them vow never to raise weapons against anyone again.

My guy that's exactly what the Author of the Bible said about the group of imperfection humans that knows best regarding His word the Bible! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

So if you're now saying people who only read and scored high grades in paperworks knows better it makes your comment really really funny Sir! smiley
I don't mean to insult you. Your problem is you have the strength to type long sentences but you lack wisdom and understanding. I simply told you that those people understand the Bible and know the truth you think they don't know. That they just choose to live against the truth does not mean they don't know the truth. Simple.

1 Like

Re: LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by Jsmile(m): 7:59am On Nov 24, 2022
immortalcrown:
cool

Reading is different from understand and experiencing what you read my friend. One of the tricks of the devil is to make one ever learning without coming to the knowledge of the truth, but according to God's words, it His desire to have us saved and changed into His likeness.

"Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."

Perhaps I may have been reading those passages previously but God still helped me and is still helping me to experience these realities and possibilities in Him.
Re: LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:06am On Nov 24, 2022
immortalcrown:
I don't mean to insult you. Your problem is you have the strength to type long sentences but you lack wisdom and understanding. I simply told you that those people understand the Bible and know the truth you think they don't know. That they just choose to live against the truth does not mean they don't know the truth. Simple.

Ọmọ that's a lie!

The truth is an eye opener that nobody can be comfortable without living by it after knowing it because it will continue to hunt your soul. Hebrews 4:12

Once you see anyone living comfortably without having issues with neighbours and friends know that he or she has not known the truth at all because when you know the truth it will build a high fence barring you from those who don't welcome it {Psalms 1:1} while you're strongly attached only to the friends of truth. Mark 10:28-30

That's what Jesus of Nazareth (the truth) {John 14:6} said! Matthew 10:34-36

1 Like

Re: LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by immortalcrown(m): 8:13am On Nov 24, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ that's a lie!

The truth is an eye opener that nobody can be comfortable without living by it after knowing it because it will continue to hunt your soul. Hebrews 4:12

Once you see anyone living comfortably without having issues with neighbours and friends know that he or she has not known the truth at all because when you know the truth it will build a high fence barring you from those who don't welcome it {Psalms 1:1} while you're strongly attached only to the friends of truth. Mark 10:28-30

Stop disgracing yourself here. Open a dictionary, learn the meanings of pretence, hypocrisy, lukewarmness and bias. Where in the Bible is it said that whoever knows the truth cannot live against the truth? If some people who live in sin do not know the truth, why do they hide their sinful acts? If the so-called pastors who secretly commit adultery and fornication do not know the truth, why do they hide the fornication and adultery?

1 Like

Re: LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:18am On Nov 24, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ that's a lie!

I agree with that man
Just as the Pharisees knew the TRUTH that Jesus Christ was the Messiah, they still didn't listen to him cos they won't give up their lofty positions, they were selfish and greedy

Romans 1:20-32 talks much about the issue of homosexuality. There is no homosexual that does not know what Jehovah thinks about the conduct as verse 32 says, they even know that God condemns it. Why then did they still pursue such UNCLEAN, DISGUSTING conduct? It is because- as verse 28 says- they don't acknowledge God, they don't want to feel accountable to him. Why? Because they are filled with 'all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, badness, no understanding, no natural affection and they hate God'.
There you go, they have animalistic tendencies that even animals do not have, I've not seen a male goat try to mate a male goat.
They form, support and corece religions to support and approve their conduct as verse 32 says but the Bible says they will get the FULL PENALTY for their error. Such act is an error, never part of God's plan.
Such ones have no place in God's kingdom. Anyone who calls himself a Christian but is gay is fooling himself and anyone who approves such conduct whether he practice it or not is condemned by God
Re: LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:33am On Nov 24, 2022
immortalcrown:
Stop disgracing yourself here. Open a dictionary, learn the meanings of pretence, hypocrisy, lukewarmness and bias. Where in the Bible is it said that whoever knows the truth cannot live against the truth? If some people who live in sin do not know the truth, why do they hide their sinful acts? If the so-called pastors who secretly commit adultery and fornication do not know the truth, why do they hide the fornication and adultery?

Whatever makes you eat excrement shows that you still feel there's something good in it but then you have to hide when eating it because you know others will no longer treat you as a sane human.

The same is applicable to most people doing the wrong thing and hiding it. They still feel there's something worthwhile in what they're doing that's why Jesus said you will KNOW the truth and the truth will set you FREE! John 8:32

Everyone wants to be free but then when you don't know what freedom means surely you won't want to be free.

So my friend there's no sane human who knows the TRUTH and living against it. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:49am On Nov 24, 2022
Aemmyjah:

I agree with that man
Just as the Pharisees knew the TRUTH that Jesus Christ was the Messiah, they still didn't listen to him cos they won't give up their lofty positions, they were selfish and greedy

Romans 1:20-32 talks much about the issue of homosexuality. There is no homosexual that does not know what Jehovah thinks about the conduct as verse 32 says, they even know that God condemns it. Why then did they still pursue such UNCLEAN, DISGUSTING conduct? It is because- as verse 28 says- they don't acknowledge God, they don't want to feel accountable to him. Why? Because they are filled with 'all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, badness, no understanding, no natural affection and they hate God'.
There you go, they have animalistic tendencies that even animals do not have, I've not seen a male goat try to mate a male goat.
They form, support and corece religions to support and approve their conduct as verse 32 says but the Bible says they will get the FULL PENALTY for their error. Such act is an error, never part of God's plan.
Such ones have no place in God's kingdom. Anyone who calls himself a Christian but is gay is fooling himself and anyone who approves such conduct whether he practice it or not is condemned by God

My brother the guy is the one confusing himself. I simply told him that nobody knows the truth and remain the same, it's either you join members of the truth so as to have peace of mind {John 14:27} or you begin harboring hatred for those bearing the truth! Act 4:18; 5:28

If anyone knows the truth they can never be comfortable seeing those bearing the truth while themselves are living in denial of it. So saying some people know the truth yet living comfortably without harboring bitter hatred for God's people is a big lie!

Of course that's exactly what happened to the Pharisees! John 11:47

2 Likes

Re: LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by Jsmile(m): 9:35am On Nov 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

I think my write up is clear enough. However to buttress further, God's plan for creating man was for Him to have His abode in man, and God's uncreated kind of life was represented to a Adam in tree called the tree � of life which Adam was supposed to wilfully eat from. Adam didn't attain to the plan of God in the project man, and at his fallen state, he went ahead to reproduce and all the descendants from Adam were made in Adams image and not God's image, hence the need to be changed into His image and likeness according to His original plan. It's a choice facing all of us my friend and I wish you believe and accept it.
Re: LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by Jsmile(m): 9:38am On Nov 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

I think I have to wait till eternity!

It's a very costly waiting my friend.
Re: LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by Jsmile(m): 9:49am On Nov 24, 2022
immortalcrown:

This is simply differences in perspective. However, I believe what can send one free is not just merely reading about the truth but experiencing the truth. I thinks this is what we all need, to have a genuine encounter with Jesus Christ the truth. Knowing is beyond just a head knowledge, It's an intimacy. The Lord knows those LovePeddler are genuine in their seeking for the truth and want to experience Him. By experience I know it's not just a easy thing to be set free from such a life, but it's not impossible for God to do. You can take time and read my lengthy testimony on how I struggled as a bisexual.

https://www.nairaland.com/2459324/testimony-struggled-homosexuality-more-than
Re: LGBTQ: The Image And Likeness Of God? by AntiChristian: 5:56pm On Nov 24, 2022
Jsmile:

I think my write up is clear enough. However to buttress further, God's plan for creating man was for Him to have His abode in man, and God's uncreated kind of life was represented to a Adam in tree called the tree � of life which Adam was supposed to wilfully eat from. Adam didn't attain to the plan of God in the project man, and at his fallen state, he went ahead to reproduce and all the descendants from Adam were made in Adams image and not God's image, hence the need to be changed into His image and likeness according to His original plan. It's a choice facing all of us my friend and I wish you believe and accept it.

No verses! I was expecting reasonable verses and not your own derived interpretations!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Are Jehovah’s Witnesses A Cult? / . / Oke Ite Awelle Charm For Progress And Wealth Babalawo In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.