Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Assess Me After One Year - GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Assess Me After One Year - GEJ (14199 Views)

Watch The Full 6-year Gej Testimony / Throw Back Picture: Fela On Pant With One Year Old Seun Kuti. / ‎​expect Significant Progress In Governance Next Year - Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by koruji(m): 3:46am On Aug 26, 2011
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/17334-president-assess-me-after-one-year.html

[size=13pt]President: Assess Me After One Year - For The Sake Of Nigerians We Expect An A+[/size]

By Vincent Ikuomola 1 hour ago

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday asked those in a hurry to assess his administration to wait till next year.
He described three months as too short a period to assess an administration which only took off with the recent constitution of the cabinet.

He spoke during a visit of the Yoruba Council of Elders led by its President Gen Adeyinka Adebayo to the State House yesterday. The President said the issue of poor roads will be taken care of.
The elders had raised concern about the bad roads, within the region and called on the Federal Government to do something about it.

“We must take our priority projects, see how we can fund them and that is through alternative source of funding. We have set up an economic team and economic management team,” he said.
The president who also spoke on corruption said the administration is serious in the fight against corruption, saying “some corrupt practices we must stop it. There must be drastic changes.”

Stressing his determination to rid the country of corruption, the president who cited the crisis in Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) said the essence of the NDDC fact- finding committee was to be able to have first hand knowledge of what was happening there so as to punish the guilty while rewarding the hardworking ones.

“I remember what happened in the last dispensation  when my Minister of Works who is from Benin visited the Oba,who refused him entry because  of the Benin –Ore Raod and the Oba said no, the Minister of Works you cannot enter into my compound. Somebody from the South East asked are we not part of Nigeria? , All our roads are bad. Every year we budget significant sums of money, there is no year we don’t budget significant sums of money for road, yet, there seem to be no road anyway, so where is that money going? I know that probably the money, it is not that some people are embezzling the money per se, but we try to spread the little money into too many projects and at  the end of the day, we are not getting anything done. We spread the money and we don’t achieve what we want and people don’t see. Where we are supposed to use N3billion we put N500 million and the contractor just uses it to buy diesel and plays around. Nobody can say yes, the Federal Government has this kilometres of road at least completed at least from this end to this end, that is one of the places we are looking at .

“For the road infrastructure we are also looking at alternative means of funding and we have set up a committee.

We must take our priority projects, see how we can fund them and that is through alternative source of funding. We have set up and economic team and economic management team. I don’t want to tell them so that they will say  this is what the president wants and what the president said.

“For the road infrastructure we are also looking at alternative means of funding and we have set up a committee.”

Earlier, the Yoruba Council of Elders had decried what it termed apparent disregard for the principle of Federal Character and its negative effect on the Southwest the elders also complained about the dilapidated state of the Lagos Ibadan express way.

Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by Kobojunkie: 3:51am On Aug 26, 2011
“We must take our priority projects, see how we can fund them and that is through alternative source of funding. We have set up an economic team and economic management team,” he said.
The president who also spoke on corruption said the administration is serious in the fight against corruption, saying “some corrupt practices we must stop it. There must be drastic changes.”

Is this still the language being used by a man who has been in office over a year now?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by OAM4J: 6:18am On Aug 26, 2011
Mr President you have been president for more than a year o lipsrsealed

Well another year will soon be here. Goodluck!
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by GMcompere: 6:24am On Aug 26, 2011
Dont Worry Bros Jona, we dont need to assess you after one year
We are already enjoying your Fresh Air grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:48am On Aug 26, 2011
i am seeing it, any other PRO 'ibb buhari atiku' members, even in NL can fuuckk off grin grin grin grin
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by RickyRoss1(m): 7:07am On Aug 26, 2011
I will not judge GEJ until at the end of his tenure
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:24am On Aug 26, 2011
i am seeing it, any other PRO 'ibb buhari atiku' members, even in NL can fuuckk off grin grin grin grin
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by Exponental(m): 7:24am On Aug 26, 2011
God help u
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 26, 2011
GEJ is on d right part! GOODLUCK NIGERIA!!!
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by dagboss(m): 8:10am On Aug 26, 2011
Forget it it will take a third term before we can see anything to judge with what I am seeing o. That is my response undecided

1 Like

Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by Kx: 8:11am On Aug 26, 2011
Ricky_Ross:

I will not judge GEJ until at the end of his tenure

This will be his response after 1 year with nothing to show for it.

Is there anything to show for his guber post in Bayelsa?
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by dagboss(m): 8:16am On Aug 26, 2011
will not judge GEJ until at the end of his tenure

This will be his response after 1 year with nothing to show for it.

Is there anything to show for his guber post in Bayelsa?

I fear o! I was damned shocked when i visited Yenagoa sometimes in February i dont know where the billions they get every quarter
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by bdman: 8:32am On Aug 26, 2011
after one year there will nothing to show about,a nation where the president cannot tag a thousand naira for bag of cement . hope he will not faill after 6 month
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by DrummaBoy(m): 8:32am On Aug 26, 2011
Mr President you've been in power for 1 year and five months at the least. Not 3 months.
Try another one pls.

1 Like

Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by Demdem(m): 8:34am On Aug 26, 2011
grin grin grin This guy is a clown.
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by mbulela: 8:50am On Aug 26, 2011

Am i the only person who found this part of the speech funny?
How is he going to select which of the corrupt practices to stop and which to continue?
Has a presidential panel being set up for that purpose?
funny clowns!!

1 Like

Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by Lexusgs430: 8:51am On Aug 26, 2011
What about the previous term ? We need to go recruit those freedom fighters in Libya after they have accomplished their tasks !!!!!!!!!
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 26, 2011
I guess he must be thinking development in infrastructures etc alone (this country is crisis prone).Our president's response to crisis is really poor. The jos crisis was completely gettin out of hand. He did nothing more than coming out to condemn the killings. He concentrated on the election. After that, the killings that followed literally had no response to it at all. Then it seemed like the boko haram sect was allowed to reach a target of 100 lives before any thing was done. I'll judge his presidency by this too. Pathetic

1 Like

Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by nigerhead(m): 9:10am On Aug 26, 2011
grin grin grin ,  who was in charge of this country one year ago? I swear this our president is an expert at putting his own foot up his nyash. And some people will come here to defend his actions and in-action. The double anointing of go-slow from President Yaradua is evidently at work in President Jonah's life.

He said they are spending on too many projects at the same time. Please prioritize the most important one and do it well before moving to another. Abi all this economic advisers wey you de spend all our money untop get their own degree from Toronto?
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by Greenpro: 9:13am On Aug 26, 2011
Jonathan, don't play politics with Nigeria case, be precise and firm to make things happen.
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by Geomel: 9:49am On Aug 26, 2011
May God almighty keep strengthen you in Jesus name.AMEN
www.web4lagos.com
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by kizito96(m): 9:51am On Aug 26, 2011
The year could be judged by the events of one day. Lets keep our fingers crossed, his one year is just by the corner.
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by ficoram(m): 10:04am On Aug 26, 2011
This president is a dullartan.so myopic.worst president ever.

1 Like

Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by thehomer: 10:07am On Aug 26, 2011
Could the OP attach a poll to this thread to let us get a feeling of his current rating. Then maybe monthly or quarterly, there could be more polls put up to get a trend of his standing among Nigerian netizens. Hell this could be done for the various states of the federation.
While online polls can be problematic, it could help in drawing attention to certain issues.
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 26, 2011
I wont have to talk much. I know you have been there for 3 months as an elected President. If by exactly 1yr the electricity is not steady, I will lead a revolution that will disintegrate Nigeria as we know it. We will kill all the fundamentals as we know it today to a true democracy of South.
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by Bawss1(m): 10:22am On Aug 26, 2011
This is another facepalm moment.

1 Like

Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by GP15: 10:23am On Aug 26, 2011
Lexusgs430:

What about the previous term ? We need to go recruit those freedom fighters in Libya after they have accomplished their tasks !!!!!!!!!

The fire started in Tunisia, Egypt added fuel to it and Libya kept the flame on, All these countries never recruited anybody to fight for them. They did it themselves,
U have to fight for your own freedom, nobody will do it for you, Man up

2 Likes

Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by aikuda(m): 10:25am On Aug 26, 2011
Not that it matters, but GEJ's use of the English language is very surprising for a PhD holder. Perhaps his words are not being transcribed properly.

On the topic, I believe he will do well, but Nigerians are alloed to assess him anytime they want. It just depends on what the assessment is based upon. A government that will deliver is recgnizable from the policy steps they take. So far he seems to be on the right direction. Lets just hope he doesn't get swallowed by the same system he hopes to control.
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by duno: 10:25am On Aug 26, 2011
Okay oh. One year is around the corner!
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by talktrue1(m): 10:32am On Aug 26, 2011
GEJ is confused. He said he will provide 24/7 power supply before he leaves office. Now he want us to judge him after 1yr.
Re: Assess Me After One Year - GEJ by DDuke1: 10:39am On Aug 26, 2011
koruji:

those of you who are saying the president has spent more dan a year in office blah, blah blah, understand a statement b4 u comment on it abeg.
"He described three months as too short a period to assess an administration which only took off with the recent constitution of the cabinet."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dignitaries At Ndigbo Summit On Restructuring In Awka (Photos) / Don't Sign The Electoral Bill - MURIC, Muslim Group Warns Buhari / Dolapo Osinbajo: News Of My Husband’s Helicopter Crash Rattled Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.