Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? (3600 Views)

If The Earth Should Rotate 30times Faster What Will Happen? / Jamb To Begin Sales Of 2020 Forms On January 13 / Lagos State University 2019/2020 Jupeb/pre Degree Forms On Sale - Ojo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by kkash: 9:34pm On Nov 24, 2022
Interesting topic, 1st off, your assumption is based on all living things being carbon based, no other planetary condition within our solar system supports a carbon based life form, so maybe other extra planetary element based life form could exist.
2ndly, the milky way is just one of the galaxies out der, probably an earth 2.0 with similar earthly conditions could exist and support carbon based lifeforms.....Interesting topic again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 24, 2022
Vilgax:

space isn't "thin air"

A space is made of air/gas/.. of certain density

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Vilgax: 10:00pm On Nov 24, 2022
MissLAP:

A space is made of air/gas/.. of certain density
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Ameoba300: 10:47pm On Nov 24, 2022
Why don't these kind of intelligent threads make front page?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Ameoba300: 10:48pm On Nov 24, 2022
ekineme:
This my perspective is more of a myth though it might not be far from the truth.

Long Ago the planet Earth was very close to other friendly planets where lives both plants and animals flourished.

Humans started nursing the ambition of visiting the planet where the master reside, but this was out of the masters plan as we are only allowed in after completing our cycle on Earth here( Death)

The quest and zeal grew and the sons of men gathered to build the tower of Babel to touch heavens were the celestial beings reside.
The master designer saw their ambition and possiblity of achieving their aim, knowing the inherent ability he has imbibed in them by default, so decided to set the Milky way in motion, this caused the planets to move further away hence it won't be possible, by physical structure to bridge the barrier to act as ladder to cross over to the next planet.

The master creator being omniscient knows that man will invent space travel equipment to breach the barrier hence introduced the neighborhood of null and inhabitable planets.
Man is limited by time, with distance as a factor to beat, our ambition becomes fruitless to travel the space with limited time.
This is why we have those inhabitable neighboring planets. The ones that is habitable is far away.

I love your take! Have you seen the movie interstellar?
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by irepnaija4eva(m): 10:52pm On Nov 24, 2022
ThatsONYI:

shocked

How long before we meet these aliens?
I do hope they exist and they come in PEACE because if they don't, and are technologically advanced than earthlings - then we are DOOMED!

Just watch the movie bro..
They where even trying to protect humans from destroying themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Ameoba300: 10:55pm On Nov 24, 2022
Mandate2023:
Fictions.....u better start using ur brain for something else more realistic and stop dis dumb analysis imaginary lies......did anyone ever told u those planets ever have living creatures in them b4

So we should join u and be worried about something that is not reasonable.....what then do u intend to do about it?.....

Were you forced to enter the thread? If you can't use your own brain, then also try not to use it to display stupidity.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by juman(m): 12:46am On Nov 25, 2022
Do you know that ginns, plenty of them are living in this earth with us but we live separate lives.
Other planets are inhabited by other kinds of things but we cant see.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by colonelwealth(m): 1:00am On Nov 25, 2022
royalamour:
So I'm here thinking about these stuffs.

From planet Mars to Mercury, Venus all the way to Jupiter except the Earth, all seems to be in ruin or something.

I have been thinking and researching about what could have happened to the beings that once inhabited these places.

Should we (Earthlings) not be concerned about the kind of destruction/apocalypse that befell these places?

Was the Earth attacked too and somehow few survivors repopulated Earth and the government decided to keep these information
in order not cause panic?

Is the Armageddon returning?

Hi Seun, what do you think?

Cc: Fynestboi, olawalebabs, Richiez

Kudos OP.
Your topic is an interesting read and very thought provoking.
Kudos to everyone that contributed their thoughts on this.

These are the kinds of topics needed on Nairaland.

Myself, I have so many thoughts too on this same matter.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Msmither: 1:04am On Nov 25, 2022
Just like the bacteria life form that we can't see, there might be other life forms all around us not visible to the naked eyes.

Also if there are, the government will never let you know cause it will contradict religious beliefs that kept people in check.

People realising that there are no heaven or hell and just death will kill a fellow human, thief,lie etc and feel no remorse knowing fully well that all there is is just death and no consequences.

Also there are some filmsy stuff going on in Antarctica. The powers that be will never let you know the truth.

4 Likes

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by kkash: 1:23am On Nov 25, 2022
royalamour:

I am thinking maybe there's a civilization that is very mean in our galaxy. I think they are yet to decide if they should invade the earth again or wait till human activities begins to disturb their peace.

Invade earth??....u are basing ur assumption on earth worth invading....on d Kardashev scale, earth is Level 0, not 1, zero......so basically, I'm pretty sure it's not worth their time. Lemme paint you a picture, the difference between man and chimp genetically is 1%, yet what the smartest chimp can do is stack boxes correctly and reach for banana while humans are exploring quantum physics.....now imagine an alien that is 10% higher than us and what they can do,I'm not sure we can comprehend it....so they won't even try to invade us.

3 Likes

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Nobody: 1:26am On Nov 25, 2022
first of all there are other civilizations on the Europa one of the moons of Jupiter and then it is believed also that sign of life forms have been detected on mars and venus,i dont know your sources but they seem quite outdated to me, also we are also aliens on this planet,the original inhabitants have been anihilated long time ago when our ancestors first came to settle,the red indians are also descendants of a certain advanced civilization which was made of dinosaur hunters,was affected by our arrival,the Aztec civilization was more of like the descendant of that civilization which retreated into the bushes before the reset happened and all memories was lost,the moon was used as the ultimate mechanism for that although most of what i said could is hypothetical,there is a lot for you to discover on YouTube from the likes of ,Gaia,the patriarch and retiredafb,coast to coast am with George noorey ,third phase of moon etc.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by ThatsONYI: 5:34am On Nov 25, 2022
irepnaija4eva:

Just watch the movie bro..
They where even trying to protect humans from destroying themselves.

shocked

Disheartening...

It's very possible, if humans can enslave and completely destroy other ethnic groups - they'd still do it again.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by ekineme: 5:38am On Nov 25, 2022
Ameoba300:

I love your take! Have you seen the movie interstellar?

No, but I will check it out now.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by ThatsONYI: 5:40am On Nov 25, 2022
juman:
Do you know that ginns, plenty of them are living in this earth with us but we live separate lives.
Other planets are inhabited by other kinds of things but we cant see.

shocked

What exactly are these "ginns"?
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Alusiizizi(m): 5:43am On Nov 25, 2022
royalamour:

From planet Mars to Mercury, Venus all the way to Jupiter except the Earth, all seems to be in ruin or something.

I have been thinking and researching about what could have happened to the beings that once inhabited these places.

Should we (Earthlings) not be concerned about the kind of destruction/apocalypse that befell these places?

Was the Earth attacked too and somehow few survivors repopulated Earth and the government decided to keep these information

The only planets out of those you mentioned that could have hosted life(as we can recognize at least) are mars and venus, and this is because they are within the habitable region of the solar system(i.e. the region where liquid water can exist on the planet). Unfortunately(or perhaps not) Venus is close enough to the sun that it succumbed to "runaway greenhouse" effect early while the relatively small size of mars meant that it ran out of radio-activity early, suffered geologic death and had most of it's atmosphere blown off by solar winds. We earthlings on the other hand happen to be so lucky that we live on a planet that is big enough for extended geological life and is positioned right around the center of the habitable zone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by ThatsONYI: 5:45am On Nov 25, 2022
kkash:

Invade earth??....u are basing ur assumption on earth worth invading....on d Kardashev scale, earth is Level 0, not 1, zero......so basically, I'm pretty sure it's not worth their time. Lemme paint you a picture, the difference between man and chimp genetically is 1%, yet what the smartest chimp can do is stack boxes correctly and reach for banana while humans are exploring quantum physics.....now imagine an alien that is 10% higher than us and what they can do,I'm not sure we can comprehend it....so they won't even try to invade us.

shocked

Hmm. Interesting!

What do you think of Elon musk's plan to take colonise Mars by 2030s?
He once suggested in a tweet that nuking Mars would make it more inhabitable.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by ThatsONYI: 5:57am On Nov 25, 2022
omale88:
first of all there are other civilizations on the Europa one of the moons of Jupiter and then it is believed also that sign of life forms have been detected on mars and venus,i dont know your sources but they seem quite outdated to me, also we are also aliens on this planet,the original inhabitants have been anihilated long time ago when our ancestors first came to settle,the red indians are also descendants of a certain advanced civilization which was made of dinosaur hunters,was affected by our arrival,the Aztec civilization was more of like the descendant of that civilization which retreated into the bushes before the reset happened and all memories was lost,the moon was used as the ultimate mechanism for that although most of what i said could is hypothetical,there is a lot for you to discover on YouTube from the likes of ,Gaia,the patriarch and retiredafb,coast to coast am with George noorey ,third phase of moon etc.

shocked

From, what I've read.

"So far, there is no evidence that life exists on Europa, but Europa has emerged as one of the most likely locations in the Solar System for potential habitability. Life could exist in its under-ice ocean, perhaps in an environment similar to Earth's deep-ocean hydrothermal vents".
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Alusiizizi(m): 7:24am On Nov 25, 2022
ThatsONYI:

shocked

Hmm. Interesting!

What do you think of Elon musk's plan to take colonise Mars by 2030s?
He once suggested in a tweet that nuking Mars would make it more inhabitable.

The question is "why colonize Mars?". We haven't found yet any economic reason for such enormous enterprise, and you can ignore any arguments leaning towards "tourism market" as pure hokum.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Demogorgon(m): 7:34am On Nov 25, 2022
If you read the book of revelation you'll understand that the destiny of Earth is to end up like those unhabitable planets with arid atmospheres. It might take millions of years to happen but it will happen.

I mean, there's was a time when Earth had dinosaurs. What happened? An asteroid wiped everyone of them off the surface of the earth. What makes us think the ones which will end this earth will not come?

If you take a look at the planet Mars, it was once habitable cos therein you can still find traces of iced water and you wonder why Elon Musk is so obsessed with it. But what do I know? Things might get clearer in the future. I'm currently reading the book "Solaris" and I'm absolutely loving it.

2 Likes

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by ThatsONYI: 7:59am On Nov 25, 2022
Alusiizizi:

The question is "why colonize Mars?". We haven't found yet any economic reason for such enormous enterprise, and you can ignore any arguments leaning towards "tourism market" as pure hokum.

shocked

There's actually some elements in Mars, and also it's kinda space race for superpowers like the USA. China was denied access to the ISS by the US, now China has sent a rover to Mars and another to the "dark side" of the moon.

These elements like helium 3 is said to be strong enough to power a city for year, these "superpowers" and their arrogance (especially the USA) can only be tamed by these supposed technologically advanced aliens. Sorry for diverting, but I get so mad when I remember what they did to other earthlings because of their natural resources.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by BigDawsNet: 8:15am On Nov 25, 2022
All other planets are livable, but not with our naturally body.. we need to high level tech which is not invented yet...

The only being with this tech is the Alien.. they will only release it to us when they finally come in contact

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by JFT24(m): 8:31am On Nov 25, 2022
royalamour:

This shouldn't be our concern in the first place
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by brandnprinting: 8:50am On Nov 25, 2022
ThatsONYI:

shocked

Actually, he isn't... It's kind of him to think about the future of our planet and the legacy we'd leave behind for our generations to come. What if, same fate that befall other planets happens to us or our descendants?

If he knows, can he change the outcome? Lets tomorrow takes of itself. Todays travails is enough to be bothered about. Our descendants will rise to the challenge if unexpected happens.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by ThatsONYI: 9:06am On Nov 25, 2022
brandnprinting:

If he knows, can he change the outcome? Lets tomorrow takes of itself. Todays travails is enough to be bothered about. Our descendants will rise to the challenge if unexpected happens.

shocked

I know right.. but if our ancestors thought like that, we wouldn't be here and ironically thoughts like this, are reasons why some of our ancestors messed things up for us.

Also, it kinda prevents the advancement of science and technology.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by brandnprinting: 9:30am On Nov 25, 2022
ThatsONYI:

shocked

I know right.. but if our ancestors thought like that, we wouldn't be here and ironically thoughts like this, are reasons why some of our ancestors messed things up for us.

Also, it kinda prevents the advancement of science and technology.

Lets reason together, do you know why the earth is not yet isolated like other planet from the past even with low tech? Theres a protective shield around the earth . The earth wont get destroy unless we by ourselves nuke the earth out of existence.

Lets not worry about the aliens. Our worry should be around ourselves. eg. Russians, Nato, USA, Koreans, China, Iran etc

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Mandate2023: 9:31am On Nov 25, 2022
Ameoba300:

Were you forced to enter the thread? If you can't use your own brain, then also try not to use it to display stupidity.

Stupidity runs in ur brain already..........dis is a public thread not ur fathers
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by mattmogan88: 10:19am On Nov 25, 2022
Ameoba300:

Which movie?
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Aguilar(m): 10:22am On Nov 25, 2022
Other life forms might not be existent in the neighbouring planets in the solar system. But you should know about the milky way galaxy, stars represents traces of billions of planets. It's possible there could be more than one solar system or another system vitalizing some planets to create an inhabitable environment for other life forms. It's certain that earthlings are not the only life forms in the galaxy
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Spy360(m): 10:33am On Nov 25, 2022
Moh247:
shocked

What if other life form are not cabon based, and barely exist in wave forms

What if due to harsh exposure to sun ray, other planets life form exist beneath the surface

For humans that have not yet explored 70% of Earth's ocean, how are we sure we have explored these planets enough to know

Wave forms can be detected.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Spy360(m): 10:39am On Nov 25, 2022
SKhanmi:
There are many explanations

1) They exterminated themselves with war (earth is on it's 7th turn like one guy above posted) or were wiped out by natural disasters.

2) They exist on those planets in another dimension so we can't see them

3) They live/hide underground or possess external forms we are not familiar with or can't detect.

Many ancient texts have the truth but unfortunately only a few percentage will get to know it.
1. If they exterminated themselves we would have sen their fossils or remains. There's absolutely no trace of life in other planets.

2. If they exist in dimensions beyond our detection then they don't exist. You can as well believe they are Greek gods.

3. If they have to hide, it means they could have detected us. If they first detected us, then they should be superior and tried contact or communicate with us.

Read your Bible.

There's no other existence apart from earth. It is so as God purposed it. Even in other galaxies there is no other life existence. That's why we should be grateful and godly.

Fear God. It's an honour.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by ThatsONYI: 10:46am On Nov 25, 2022
brandnprinting:

Lets reason together, do you know why the earth is not yet isolated like other planet from the past even with low tech? Theres a protective shield around the earth . The earth wont get destroy unless we by ourselves nuke the earth out of existence.

Lets not worry about the aliens. Our worry should be around ourselves. eg. Russians, Nato, USA, Koreans, China, Iran etc

shocked

Yes, I do agree with the bolded

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does First Class Really Matter? / Federal College Of Education, Technical Akoka Post UTME / 35 Most Powerful Motivational Quotes For Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.