Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? (3590 Views)

If The Earth Should Rotate 30times Faster What Will Happen? / Jamb To Begin Sales Of 2020 Forms On January 13 / Lagos State University 2019/2020 Jupeb/pre Degree Forms On Sale - Ojo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Spy360(m): 10:50am On Nov 25, 2022
Aguilar:
Other life forms might not be existent in the neighbouring planets in the solar system. But you should know about the milky way galaxy, stars represents traces of billions of planets. It's possible there could be more than one solar system or another system vitalizing some planets to create an inhabitable environment for other life forms. It's certain that earthlings are not the only life forms in the galaxy

Wrong statement.

What proves makes it certain. Unless you don't know the meaning of the word?
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Aguilar(m): 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2022
Spy360:

Wrong statement.

What proves makes it certain. Unless you don't know the meaning of the word?
haven't you heard of UFO or UAP, or what do you do with your phone? The CIA doesn't want to expose covertive UFO documents to the public to avoid panic and distraction from tackling our earthly problems like global warming, war or terrorism, diseases, e.t.c. let me give a proof google about PROJECT BLUE BOOK or CIA DARK ARCHIVE.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Cypress042(m): 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2022
Globad:
What if those inhabiting the other planets can't be seen by us?

This is another crucial angle that needs to be looked into.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Alusiizizi(m): 12:40pm On Nov 25, 2022
ThatsONYI:

shocked

There's actually some elements in Mars, and also it's kinda space race for superpowers like the USA. China was denied access to the ISS by the US, now China has sent a rover to Mars and another to the "dark side" of the moon.

These elements like helium 3 is said to be strong enough to power a city for year, these "superpowers" and their arrogance (especially the USA) can only be tamed by these supposed technologically advanced aliens. Sorry for diverting, but I get so mad when I remember what they did to other earthlings because of their natural resources.

Even if helium 3 had much of any use right now(at the moment it is proposed as a desirable fuel for the yet to be achieved positive return nuclear fusion reaction) there's already a good supply here on earth. Going to Mars just for helium 3 seems a bit asinine.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by kkash: 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2022
ThatsONYI:

shocked

Hmm. Interesting!

What do you think of Elon musk's plan to take colonise Mars by 2030s?
He once suggested in a tweet that nuking Mars would make it more inhabitable.

Its an interesting plan, mars is quite similar to earth except its very cold and has a very thin atmosphere making it hard to trap heat ergo its cold, and their are evidences of water though frozen, so, nuking Mars or using satellite to focus solar rays to the planet heats it up thereby evaporating water into the atmosphere and increasing its thickness, helping it to trap heat in Mars and it becomes a chain reaction....but then this solves one problem by making it warm but its filled with CO2, so we gotta introduce organisms that feed on CO2 and releases O2 to make it habitable for humans....honestly It's gonna take a while except an artificial fast acting microbes are used to create oxygen it should take couple of 100 years, I feel that instead of trying to terraform another planet and make us a 2 planet specie, we can just focus on fixing earth.

2 Likes

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by kkash: 2:45pm On Nov 25, 2022
ThatsONYI:

shocked

There's actually some elements in Mars, and also it's kinda space race for superpowers like the USA. China was denied access to the ISS by the US, now China has sent a rover to Mars and another to the "dark side" of the moon.

These elements like helium 3 is said to be strong enough to power a city for year, these "superpowers" and their arrogance (especially the USA) can only be tamed by these supposed technologically advanced aliens. Sorry for diverting, but I get so mad when I remember what they did to other earthlings because of their natural resources.

Truth is earth is becoming inhabitable, in a couple of years (hundreds), no oxygen based living thing can survive on earth, so the idea to terraform another planet is birthed, I love the fact that Africa is now seeing the importance of saving earth hence the Great Green Wall is ongoing to stop desertification.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by kkash: 2:53pm On Nov 25, 2022
Alusiizizi:

Even if helium 3 had much of any use right now(at the moment it is proposed as a desirable fuel for the yet to be achieved positive return nuclear fusion reaction) there's already a good supply here on earth. Going to Mars just for helium 3 seems a bit asinine.

Helium 3 is scarce on earth, its created by the sun and carried by solar wind but our atmosphere prevents it from getting to earth hence it deposits on the moon.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Alusiizizi(m): 2:56pm On Nov 25, 2022
kkash:

Helium 3 is scarce on earth, its created by the sun and carried by solar wind but our atmosphere prevents it from getting to earth hence it deposits on the moon.

We are talking about Mars and not the Moon.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by kkash: 3:30pm On Nov 25, 2022
Alusiizizi:

We are talking about Mars and not the Moon.

Yeah, I was pointing out the scarcity of helium 3 on earth.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by ThatsONYI: 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2022
kkash:

Truth is earth is becoming inhabitable, in a couple of years (hundreds), no oxygen based living thing can survive on earth, so the idea to terraform another planet is birthed, I love the fact that Africa is now seeing the importance of saving earth hence the Great Green Wall is ongoing to stop desertification.

shocked

As a kid, I was always fascinated about the space and you know.. the universe. The stars, moon and sun, I thought they were actually part of our earth (i.e inside of earth) - only to learn it never was.

Anyway, I really NEED humans to be extraterrestrial beings (maybe Mars and moon first) - after the Corona virus, it dawned on me that Stephen Hawking (peace to his soul) was right. Anything could easily destroy humankind! Watching this movie moonfall made me see it from another dimension.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by ThatsONYI: 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2022
kkash:

Its an interesting plan, mars is quite similar to earth except its very cold and has a very thin atmosphere making it hard to trap heat ergo its cold, and their are evidences of water though frozen, so, nuking Mars or using satellite to focus solar rays to the planet heats it up thereby evaporating water into the atmosphere and increasing its thickness, helping it to trap heat in Mars and it becomes a chain reaction....but then this solves one problem by making it warm but its filled with CO2, so we gotta introduce organisms that feed on CO2 and releases O2 to make it habitable for humans....honestly It's gonna take a while except an artificial fast acting microbes are used to create oxygen it should take couple of 100 years, I feel that instead of trying to terraform another planet and make us a 2 planet specie, we can just focus on fixing earth.

shocked

Even though, I do agree with the bolded; this curiosity and thirst for knowledge in me still insist that humans become extraterrestrials. Why would we be put in such vast universe and settle for less? *Sighs*

I just watched some videos on YouTube, and it got me wondering how we haven't even explored 70 percent of our oceans! Isn't Antarctica fascinating? How come, there's no life on such a vast continent? What if there's an underground world? What if the earth is hollow?

There's this story that some US Admiral (I think) flew his plane into a hole in Antarctica, where he found a civilization thousands of years ahead of us (this was after the WW2). The leader told him, they're worried about how humans are destroying the planet (nuclear weapons, Hiroshima and Nagasaki).

While some people argued that, his son might have made this up but he wrote it down in his diary! I also watched a video where the "scientist" claimed the US government hushed him when he told his story.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by ThatsONYI: 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2022
Alusiizizi:

shocked

Yeah, it's more like man's curiosity and search for knowledge of the universe and superiority space race (battle) between these superpowers.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by kkash: 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2022
ThatsONYI:

shocked

Even though, I do agree with the bolded; this curiosity and thirst for knowledge in me still insist that humans become extraterrestrials. Why would we be put in such vast universe and settle for less? *Sighs*

I just watched some videos on YouTube, and it got me wondering how we haven't even explored 70 percent of our oceans! Isn't Antarctica fascinating? How come, there's no life on such a vast continent? What if there's an underground world? What if the earth is hollow?

There's this story that some US Admiral (I think) flew his plane into a hole in Antarctica, where he found a civilization thousands of years ahead of us (this was after the WW2). The leader told him, they're worried about how humans are destroying the planet (nuclear weapons, Hiroshima and Nagasaki).

While some people argued that, his son might have made this up but he wrote it down in his diary! I also watched a video where the "scientist" claimed the US government hushed him when he told his story.

This opens up a new chapter "conspiracy theory", it's not really my forte cos I focus on things that can be verifiable. For Antarctica, it's a frozen vast continent, feeding particularly farming would be a herculean task except artificial bio farms are provided, it's an expensive task, buh some animals thrive there eg polar bears and penguins, now for the hollow earth theory, on the average, temperature increases by 30°c every 1km, earth's diameter is abt 13000km, let's say the hollow earth exists in 1/1000th of the earth's diameter that's 13km, multiply that by 30, so the temperature there is 390°c, so if anything lives down there I'm not sure it's human.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by chariisGRACE(m): 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2022
Spy360:

1. If they exterminated themselves we would have sen their fossils or remains. There's absolutely no trace of life in other planets.

2. If they exist in dimensions beyond our detection then they don't exist. You can as well believe they are Greek gods.

3. If they have to hide, it means they could have detected us. If they first detected us, then they should be superior and tried contact or communicate with us.

Read your Bible.

There's no other existence apart from earth. It is so as God purposed it. Even in other galaxies there is no other life existence. That's why we should be grateful and godly.

Fear God. It's an honour.

When you are in a scientific discussion like this, please leave your holy book aside.

He may be a Muslim, atheist or traditionalist.

Peace.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by ThatsONYI: 4:41pm On Nov 25, 2022
kkash:

This opens up a new chapter "conspiracy theory", it's not really my forte cos I focus on things that can be verifiable. For Antarctica, it's a frozen vast continent, feeding particularly farming would be a herculean task except artificial bio farms are provided, it's an expensive task, buh some animals thrive there eg polar bears and penguins, now for the hollow earth theory, on the average, temperature increases by 30°c every 1km, earth's diameter is abt 13000km, let's say the hollow earth exists in 1/1000th of the earth's diameter that's 13km, multiply that by 30, so the temperature there is 390°c, so if anything lives down there I'm not sure it's human.

shocked

That's why this theory is crazy, but like someone said "I rather believe that, than believe the earth is flat" lol.

Crazy world.

As long as 70 percent of our oceans remain unexplored, we must be ready for more shocking Revelations about our world.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Spy360(m): 8:32pm On Nov 25, 2022
Aguilar:
haven't you heard of UFO or UAP, or what do you do with your phone? The CIA doesn't want to expose covertive UFO documents to the public to avoid panic and distraction from tackling our earthly problems like global warming, war or terrorism, diseases, e.t.c. let me give a proof google about PROJECT BLUE BOOK or CIA DARK ARCHIVE.
If you believed the theory on UFOs you should believe more in Jesus. You accept fantasy news , Bible stories should be more real to you.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Aguilar(m): 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2022
Spy360:

If you believed the theory on UFOs you should believe more in Jesus. You accept fantasy news , Bible stories should be more real to you.
it's a shame you call reality fantasy. And it's a pity that you are so deluled by bible stories. Every day, every minute and every seconds, new things and unexplained phenomena are discovered by scientists. You continue to dwell in the past, where as we've seen the future. If only you see things the way i see, your eyes will be opened. The truth is you and i know that bible stories will not tell us about other lifeforms in the galaxy, science will. Deny all you want, you'll yield or accept when you're exposed to the truth. It's only a matter of time
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by jomarick(m): 10:24pm On Nov 25, 2022
Stop smoking weed!
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by SKhanmi: 11:08pm On Nov 25, 2022
Spy360:

1. If they exterminated themselves we would have sen their fossils or remains. There's absolutely no trace of life in other planets.

2. If they exist in dimensions beyond our detection then they don't exist. You can as well believe they are Greek gods.

3. If they have to hide, it means they could have detected us. If they first detected us, then they should be superior and tried contact or communicate with us.

Read your Bible.

There's no other existence apart from earth. It is so as God purposed it. Even in other galaxies there is no other life existence. That's why we should be grateful and godly.

Fear God. It's an honour.

1. This is the 7th civilization (From Adam - the current age) that existed on this earth, have you found any fossils from the pre-adamite civilizations? No. Let's say there are fossils left on Mars, judging from the history of the human race, would your rulers share information that would shake their paradigms & religious controls? People like you would be devastated.

2. Funny, We can comfortably say your so called christian God doesn't exist also using your logic here. Did you actually think that through?

3. We're superior to bees, do we try to communicate with them? Yet we take their honey, If the aliens were the humans, the humans the bees and the earth as the honey in a similar scenario, it is either outright extermination of the human race or we bend the knee in slavery to survive. Nothing like communication.

Read the bible? You presume a lot, Just like you confidently presumed to know what your creator purposes are, are you perchance the Holy spirit or it's just blatant blasphemy? Take your own advice very seriously, read the bible & go beyond it, read the Quran,your traditional creeds, ancient scrolls etc, It would dispel that closeted & myopic mindset common to most religious adherents that was oozing around your comments.

God is a generic title like Lord & can be applied to even the devil himself, the old testament contained numerous examples. I'll take you serious if you even knew the real name of the entity you claim to serve, if you actually know it.

Which exact God should I Fear? The elohim are different from Jehovah & other myriad of entities masquerading across the whole of the old testament. Baal, baphomet, Ogun are actual names. Nigerians fear sango/amadioha/local dieties pass Jesus. If that doesn't tell you anything, nothing will.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Spy360(m): 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2022
SKhanmi:

1. This is the 7th civilization (From Adam - the current age) that existed on this earth, have you found any fossils from the pre-adamite civilizations? No. Let's say there are fossils left on Mars, judging from the history of the human race, would your rulers share information that would shake their paradigms & religious controls? People like you would be devastated.

2. Funny, We can comfortably say your so called christian God doesn't exist also using your logic here. Did you actually think that through?

3. We're superior to bees, do we try to communicate with them? Yet we take their honey, If the aliens were the humans, the humans the bees and the earth as the honey in a similar scenario, it is either outright extermination of the human race or we bend the knee in slavery to survive. Nothing like communication.

Read the bible? You presume a lot, Just like you confidently presumed to know what your creator purposes are, are you perchance the Holy spirit or it's just blatant blasphemy? Take your own advice very seriously, read the bible & go beyond it, read the Quran,your traditional creeds, ancient scrolls etc, It would dispel that closeted & myopic mindset common to most religious adherents that was oozing around your comments.

God is a generic title like Lord & can be applied to even the devil himself, the old testament contained numerous examples. I'll take you serious if you even knew the real name of the entity you claim to serve, if you actually know it.

Which exact God should I Fear? The elohim are different from Jehovah & other myriad of entities masquerading across the whole of the old testament. Baal, baphomet, Ogun are actual names. Nigerians fear sango/amadioha/local dieties pass Jesus. If that doesn't tell you anything, nothing will.
Thanks for engaging but please no insults.

Here's my response and argument to our points of discuss:

1. The fact as you claim that our rulers are not willing to share information on any past civilization means there's nothing to share. Else even they wouldn't get such information.

2. The empirical evidence for God's existence is within one's self. So if I say God exists that left to me not you and vice versa. I mentioned that because for me it's easier to believe in God than believe in ET beings which also have no empirical evidence. My initial assumption was that you are atheistic. Perhaps I was wrong.

3. In terms of communication, we humans have communication with everything around us. Communication does not necessarily mean vocal interaction. We all communicate with our environment. Even with bees, at least they see us take their honey and even attack. We also in turn see how they affect our bio environment by how they propagate it. If there was any intelligent being around our solar system, both sides would have interacted somehow. We have sent Voyagers accross the solar system. Nothing. NOTHING.

In terms of which God I believe, it doesn't matter what name I ascribe to Him. Every name God has was man-given, usually as an expression of worship. If your God is not same as mine, for me it's not a god. Same applies also to you.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Spy360(m): 1:45pm On Nov 26, 2022
chariisGRACE:

When you are in a scientific discussion like this, please leave your holy book aside.

He may be a Muslim, atheist or traditionalist.

Peace.
I wasn't preaching. I only said his assumptions were worse than Bible fantasy stories. undecided
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Spy360(m): 1:53pm On Nov 26, 2022
Aguilar:
it's a shame you call reality fantasy. And it's a pity that you are so deluled by bible stories. Every day, every minute and every seconds, new things and unexplained phenomena are discovered by scientists. You continue to dwell in the past, where as we've seen the future. If only you see things the way i see, your eyes will be opened. The truth is you and i know that bible stories will not tell us about other lifeforms in the galaxy, science will. Deny all you want, you'll yield or accept when you're exposed to the truth. It's only a matter of time
What's real about aliens apart from the movies?

The Horizon, Voyager 1and 2, Mars Rover etc have all scanned through our solar system and found absolutely nothing. NOTHING. That is science. Not UFOs that has no empirical study.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Aguilar(m): 2:25pm On Nov 26, 2022
Spy360:

What's real about aliens apart from the movies?

The Horizon, Voyager 1and 2, Mars Rover etc have all scanned through our solar system and found absolutely nothing. NOTHING. That is science. Not UFOs that has no empirical study.
i'm not saying things based on fiction. If you've been listening in the first place, you wouldn't be dragging me all the way back. It is persons like you that hate what you don't understand. Do you think that the galaxy is made up of only the solar system with its nine or eight planets? Think of the solar system as an atom in the galaxy and its planets as sub-atoms. The scientists don't have the mechanism to travel to other planets outside the solar system. even if they do, they might not want to take that risk to be lost in deep space and the cost in funding such expedition would be colossal. So you see why i say it could be possible that other lifeforms might be existent in other planets outside the solar system.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Alusiizizi(m): 3:16pm On Nov 26, 2022
kkash:

Yeah, I was pointing out the scarcity of helium 3 on earth.

It's **relatively** scarce on Earth, true, much more abundant on the moon(due to a lack of magnetosphere as well as an atmosphere) and probably more abundant on Mars for roughly the same reason. The question is, if humans were so hungry for Helium 3 would it not make much more economical sense to be shooting for the Moon instead of Mars?
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Spy360(m): 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2022
Aguilar:
i'm not saying things based on fiction. If you've been listening in the first place, you wouldn't be dragging me all the way back. It is persons like you that hate what you don't understand. Do you think that the galaxy is made up of only the solar system with its nine or eight planets? Think of the solar system as an atom in the galaxy and its planets as sub-atoms. The scientists don't have the mechanism to travel to other planets outside the solar system. even if they do, they might not want to take that risk to be lost in deep space and the cost in funding such expedition would be colossal. So you see why i say it could be possible that other lifeforms might be existent in other planets outside the solar system.
Now we are talking.

Meanwhile, the probability of not finding life is way higher. Check Drake's Equation.

These are the intellectual studies that convinces me of an Intelligent creator. Until proven otherwise, that's my stand.

Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by kkash: 4:47pm On Nov 26, 2022
Alusiizizi:

It's **relatively** scarce on Earth, true, much more abundant on the moon(due to a lack of magnetosphere as well as an atmosphere) and probably more abundant on Mars for roughly the same reason. The question is, if humans were so hungry for Helium 3 would it not make much more economical sense to be shooting for the Moon instead of Mars?

Perhaps, helium 3 is not the main priority for Mars exploration, terraforming Mars and making humans a 2 planet specie is the priority considering the damage done to earth and its imminent doom, continuation of the human species is kinda d priority, and if eventually Mars is terraformed and colonised by humans, the helium 3 could come in handy.....
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Aguilar(m): 5:57pm On Nov 26, 2022
Spy360:

Now we are talking.

Meanwhile, the probability of not finding life is way higher. Check Drake's Equation.

These are the intellectual studies that convinces me of an Intelligent creator. Until proven otherwise, that's my stand.
the little chances makes it possible that there are other lifeforms outside the solar system. It is not completely true that earthlings are the only lifeforms in the galaxy. The location of other lifeforms in deep space are very distant from earth.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Alusiizizi(m): 6:44pm On Nov 26, 2022
kkash:

Perhaps, helium 3 is not the main priority for Mars exploration, terraforming Mars and making humans a 2 planet specie is the priority considering the damage done to earth and its imminent doom, continuation of the human species is kinda d priority, and if eventually Mars is terraformed and colonised by humans, the helium 3 could come in handy.....

As far as I'm concerned terraforming Mars(or any other dead planet for that matter) is but a fools dream. The same forces that blew away the Martian atmosphere will simply do so again.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Spy360(m): 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2022
Aguilar:
the little chances makes it possible that there are other lifeforms outside the solar system. It is not completely true that earthlings are the only lifeforms in the galaxy. The location of other lifeforms in deep space are very distant from earth.
You didn't get it. The probability as stated for life to be found anywhere in the observable universe is so impossible that it is easier to aim a stone from Lagos to fall right into a tea cup in Japan, in one attempt. Or it is easier to find a piece of sand inside the Atlantic Ocean without guessing.

The only sensible explanation that we are living on earth or that explains the existence of life is that it was a deliberate, thought-out, planned, organised and worked out effort by a super being.

It doesn't matter whether I am religious or not. That's the only sensible explanation until someone suggests something better.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Aguilar(m): 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2022
Spy360:

You didn't get it. The probability as stated for life to be found anywhere in the observable universe is so impossible that it is easier to aim a stone from Lagos to fall right into a tea cup in Japan, in one attempt. Or it is easier to find a piece of sand inside the Atlantic Ocean without guessing.

The only sensible explanation that we are living on earth or that explains the existence of life is that it was a deliberate, thought-out, planned, organised and worked out effort by a super being.

It doesn't matter whether I am religious or not. That's the only sensible explanation until someone suggests something better.
grin grin see who's lecturing me about probability, when you don't clearly comprehend the theory of probability. The odds of probability doesn't entirely turn out to be successful, in every event there is at least a tiny or small odds of probability that event will fail. Nothing is impossible, i've given you proofs that there earthlings are not the only lifeforms in the galaxy. My conclusion is that there are other lifeforms in the galaxy but they are far distant from us.
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by Spy360(m): 9:14pm On Nov 26, 2022
Aguilar:
grin grin see who's lecturing me about probability, when you don't clearly comprehend the theory of probability. The odds of probability doesn't entirely turn out to be successful, in every event there is at least a tiny or small odds of probability that event will fail. Nothing is impossible, i've given you proofs that there earthlings are not the only lifeforms in the galaxy. My conclusion is that there are other lifeforms in the galaxy but they are far distant from us.
You sound so certain. That's the bedrock of this continuing argument.

What that probability means is that though not impossible but the chances are extremely slim. That was why I used the analogy of a sand in the Atlantic Ocean.

How can you conclude without basis?
Re: Absence Of Life Forms On All Planets Close To Earth, Should We Be Worried? by kkash: 12:05am On Nov 27, 2022
Alusiizizi:

As far as I'm concerned terraforming Mars(or any other dead planet for that matter) is but a fools dream. The same forces that blew away the Martian atmosphere will simply do so again.

I don't think it's a fools dream, humans have a good record in altering nature, look at the cross-breeding dept, we got LIGERS, TIGONS, ZONKEY.....etc, even ORANGES are hybrid of pomelo and mandarin, it didn't exist naturally. My only issue is channeling the energy and resources to save what's left of earth or try to restore it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oau 2010 Cut Off / Meet Lady With Bsc In Maths And Masters In Actuarial Science Who Sells Food / Invitation For Nnpc/esso Postgraduate Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.