Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,123 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

My Mother Wants To Remarry - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Wants To Remarry (34766 Views)

Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This / Elizabeth Etete Exposes Oluwatoyin Ajiboye, Husband Who Wants To To Remarry / Mother Of 3 Calls Out Her Ex-Husband Who Is Set To Remarry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by JuanDeDios: 9:53pm On Nov 25, 2022
wirinet:

If the man did not make a will, how then can she argue the house belongs to her? No Nigerian culture gives a deceased property solely to the wife. children, particularly male children take precedence in sharing of properties.

The court (magistrate) will rule according to the culture of the deceased husband.
Sebi that's what I was saying? If it's the Edo or Igbo area, the boy will have the upper hand. In the Yoruba area, things may be different. No, the wife won't solely own the house, but even in the Edo and Igbo areas, I doubt the boy can kick her out. However, here, we have a new factor in the equation - she wants to bring a man in. Hmm. That will change things in favour of the boy if he's of adult age. Interesting case. Interesting case. smiley

Note that if the man did not make a will and they had a court marriage, common law principles will be applied. If the house was built during the marriage, she can make a strong case that it's her house too since she contribute to its building - even if it's just food she was cooking for him and cleaning his shoes.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by Berankis: 9:54pm On Nov 25, 2022
fineboynl:
Did your father build the house? If yes the house belongs to you and she has no right to send you away. Stop touching her things or money. Stay put there but spend yoir money for feeding and other things don’t use her things.

If she plans to bring a man into that house never allowed it. Destroyed the marriage and give reasons why it shouldn’t hold. Except they plan to rent house. Never allowed that in that house.
I support this.
Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by sandra50(f): 9:56pm On Nov 25, 2022
You are very wrong my dear..a man suffered all his life and built a house for his kids, himself and wife then he does probably while still suffering to maintain his family and the best thing to do is to send his/your kids out of their father's house only to bring one jobless and shameless man
othermen:
Your father would have remarried and that would still be his house. You have to get your own house. A different pursuit from this unhealthy entitlement will only make you better overall.
Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by Tayorshd2(m): 9:58pm On Nov 25, 2022
Greattestman:
I've noticed the drastic change in my mother's behaviour towards me such as compelling me to rent my own house, shouting at me for any little mistake, not helping me financially and even badmothing me to neighbours.

I took the case to my uncle (her elder brother), he said for not helping me with money, the reason is that my mother is saving money for her upcoming traditional wedding. I was surprised.

When I came back home and asked her, she unleashed anger on me and almost curse me to death. The worst part of it is giving me ultimatum to vacate my own father's house. Who the hell does that? I can't take that!!!

Since u are d only son that's a big cheating or rather she is under spell cos how can a man will want to come and love in a woman's house??

And yet the woman will want to send his only son out of the house because of this man ......

Please do this .....
Don't leave the house
Don't eat her food, or stay away from items of the mouth from her...
Report to the case to d police station and make her aware of it so she won't want to poison u or whatever..
Also tell ur uncle often d updates ...

Or ARE U SURE SHE IS NOT THE ONE THAT KILLED YOUR DAD IN THE FIRST PLACE shocked
Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by pleasureosondu(m): 10:00pm On Nov 25, 2022
Greattestman:
I've noticed the drastic change in my mother's behaviour towards me such as compelling me to rent my own house, shouting at me for any little mistake, not helping me financially and even badmothing me to neighbours.

I took the case to my uncle (her elder brother), he said for not helping me with money, the reason is that my mother is saving money for her upcoming traditional wedding. I was surprised.

When I came back home and asked her, she unleashed anger on me and almost curse me to death. The worst part of it is giving me ultimatum to vacate my own father's house. Who the hell does that? I can't take that!!!
Like someone told you, it depends on your ethnic group. Ideally, a father's property belongs to his immediate family, especially his children. If his surviving wife decides to remarry, it's impossible to lay claim to her late husband's property along with the property of the new husband except otherwise stated in a will. Moreover, she's expected to move to the house of the new husband. So sorry but your mom is greedy.

Don't move out of the house, she should be the one to move. In the meantime, discreetly search for the house docs. She's capable of selling it too.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by Munzy14(m): 10:00pm On Nov 25, 2022
fineboynl:
Did your father build the house? If yes the house belongs to you and she has no right to send you away. Stop touching her things or money. Stay put there but spend yoir money for feeding and other things don’t use her things.

If she plans to bring a man into that house never allowed it. Destroyed the marriage and give reasons why it shouldn’t hold. Except they plan to rent house. Never allowed that in that house.
Supported

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by Isabi4lov: 10:05pm On Nov 25, 2022
Just be careful with your mom , everything no be fight , some mothers can render their child/ren useless just because of a dick ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by Johnn78: 10:06pm On Nov 25, 2022
qtguru:
Different mothers dey sha. I can't imagine a parent chasing a child out for a man. The new man no even get shame sef. Some Woman do this, especially when they are mostly illiterate or village mentality.

My step-brother's mother re-married and never told the father she had a son, she abandoned my step-brother, and sadly he abandoned his kids not willingly but via unfortunate circumstances, do you have relatives you can reach out to?

I hope this story is true, call your Father's people or brother .

Modified: I saw VictorUSA on one of your posts, and that name is known for fabricating stories, candidlady is he legit? OP are you not the same one complaining about your uncle telling you not to come to his house?

Yes He is Victor USA but repentant now l guess. grin
Focus on this main story tho & advise him accordingly.

Greattestman:
I'm the legendary troll V!ictorUSA aka ObamaMess! After almost a year of intense trolling on nairaland, I discovered it did me more harm than good.
1 My jamb score dropped from 312 in 2021 to 289 in 2022.

2 I performed less than expected in my post utme_
maths: 50
literature: 55
english: 65
general knowledge: 87

These are all disappointing scores not expected of me.

My level of productivity in real life fell by a whole hell of alot. I typed on NL like a low life with deficit of common sense.

I can't Xplane how I figured it out, but it was when I held my admission letter wondering the next step to take that I realized trolling on NL did me more harm than good.

Pls stop trolling if you are one coz you will definitely regret it.

Victor Jalingo
cool
Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by makaveli902: 10:06pm On Nov 25, 2022
Watcharena:
he does not have to killlll anybody he only need to threaten them seriously that will make them fear or report the issue to the police , but if I'm the one i won't report to any police will fight the Like a man , when i don break somebody head they will understand my message clearly ,I will @speak to them in the language they understand,i will first lock the woman out of the house for like 10 days ,I will show them I'm not looking for solution rather i'm looking for problems theeeis will compel them to provide solution .

The truth is that in this life no body respect a gentleman , to get what belong to you, you must prove you are a tyrant

Well said bro,
Better still let your father's family know about this development, am sure they will not take it lightly. Get hold of the documents to the properties if you can and seek the advice of a lawyer.
Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by qtguru(m): 10:10pm On Nov 25, 2022
Johnn78:

Yes He is Victor USA but repentant now l guess. grin
Focus on this main story tho & advise him accordingly.

cool

Give advice based on a fake story ? how does that work ? He's insulting our intelligence. Victor go and face your book

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by Streetmovement(m): 10:11pm On Nov 25, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Thank God for who I am and the family I got because this rubbish would not even happen in the first place.

My momma know wetin she give birth to cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by KennethEnyi(m): 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2022
Useless woman
Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by DenreleDave(m): 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2022
Mercury12:
then advice him on what to do. Perhaps kill his mom or the step daddy. undecided
I don't know how else y'all wanna get around this other than berate the mom and tell op to stand his ground against his mom. If he choose that path he should also expect the unexpected.
Life is about making choices.
Choices with good bad outcomes.
Everyone is free to make their choice anyway undecided

You sound stupid and more like a kid without no brain... So u go build house, u kon die, u to pray make ur wife send ur children away bcoz she Wan remarry..

Why not she go to her new husband place?
Why wud another man come and sit ontop another man's property..

You don't have any sense at all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by Greattestman: 10:20pm On Nov 25, 2022
wiseone28:
Op I'm available
So i can pack into your house?
Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by DenreleDave(m): 10:20pm On Nov 25, 2022
Calvary247:
I would advice you to move out without hesitation before she plots your killing. Your life is better.

All of u are just saying rubbish.... He shud seek legal action...

Why would he leave his house and become homeless ontop his father property...
Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by drololaaof: 10:27pm On Nov 25, 2022
Greattestman:

How old are you ? Is your father dead or alive ? Your olosho mother cannot send you parking from your father's house unless she want to claim that she is the one that build it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by Marktylerr: 10:29pm On Nov 25, 2022
Greattestman:

I took the case to my uncle (her elder brother), he said for not helping me with money, the reason is that my mother is saving money for her upcoming traditional wedding. I was surprised. [sup][/sup]

Op let me advice... Your mother is not the problem but the man...you need to tackle that man badly, no breathing space.. make sure you do everything to frustrate him. Don't hide your hate for him because he might use your mother to bring you down.

If he must have anything to do with your mother then he must rent his own house.

Omoh the man sef no get shame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by Mattwillz: 10:30pm On Nov 25, 2022
Nemesis0147:
Messi1 and his nollywood stories but is still baffles me why the mods keep pushing his stories to FP.
Is it for entertainment or what exactly?
I won’t say he is paying the mods because I don’t see what he stands to gain by doing so.
Only me and you get sense for this forum..i wonder how he gets to make it hit frontpage
Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by caesymore(m): 10:42pm On Nov 25, 2022
Devonelle:
How old are you? Do you have a job? Can you afford to rent a small place or even squat with friends and extended family?

Omo, if I were you, I’ll run and leave that toxic mother, she will drain you mentally over time. When she don’t see or hear from you after some months, na she go come beg.

Mark my words, she will not enjoy her new marriage. The man will show her pepper! This one she is saving up money and kicking out her own blood for crawcraw infested prick. It won’t end well.

Op be strong. This is a push for a new start

Of a truth, you must be a Woman, how can you advice a Man( I just checked his user name self " greattestMan"wink to leave his house and squat or stay with extended family, for like how long biko And then add accommodation to his already existing problems, he better Man up and take charge, if the mother is to marry she then should leave the house and go to her new Housbands house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by caesymore(m): 10:45pm On Nov 25, 2022
othermen:
Your father would have remarried and that would still be his house. You have to get your own house. A different pursuit from this unhealthy entitlement will only make you better overall.

Yo Fish, this is an Incomparable comparison. Hope you are thinking clear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by Johnn78: 10:46pm On Nov 25, 2022
qtguru:

Give advice based on a fake story ? how does that work ? He's insulting our intelligence. Victor go and face your book
Omo l am not Victor o.
Just going thru the guys thread & l followed with interest, a previous thread and was completely horrified shocked at the mom pressuring him & giving him ultimatum to pack out at just 20/21yo sad

I don't care whether the story is fake or not. Drop advice Waka pass. Sb going thru a similar situation might learn one or two things from there.
Afterall, Wetin dey make teens & youths of today commit suicide these days na small thing when nor reach anything. The other thread on front page today, a 400l student going through a low time was just overwhelmed by inability to afford a 50k phone shocked & commited suicide.

Some suicides can start out as small still voice in form of a cry for help in public forum & social media. Deliquent behaviours, feelings of low self worth, trolling, disturbing behaviours, opening complaining threads,Some can even say it's their cousin or friend sth bad just described & soliciting advice for, just happened to and not them grin etc.

You never know, leaving a kind & constructive comment, could go a long way in helping suml out there facing sth similar.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by caesymore(m): 10:47pm On Nov 25, 2022
Greattestman:
You are very stupid for this stupid idiotic words of weed. Unhealthy entitlement, if i am not entitled to my father's property who else would I? Will you pay my rent or provide my basic needs?

Very stupid indeed with a useless comparison.
Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by caesymore(m): 10:55pm On Nov 25, 2022
BestMan001:

Sorry to say, your mum has been charmed.

How can she send you packing in your father's house?

Could it be she was the person who killed your dad?

This alleged new husband abi step dad, lacks shame to allow an arrogant woman to house him.

Solution?

Don't leave the house

Leaving the house will show that you're weak, and she with this man might sell the house and then buy another.

Avoid her, her money, food. This will save your life.

Always discuss new develelopment on this matter with your uncle (if only he can bring solution).

Pray, pray, pray.

Last last Men wey understand still dey NL. My Father will say Man live's through the glory of his struggle

You're the Best, Man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by caesymore(m): 10:59pm On Nov 25, 2022
Mercury12:
then advice him on what to do. Perhaps kill his mom or the step daddy. undecided
I don't know how else y'all wanna get around this other than berate the mom and tell op to stand his ground against his mom. If he choose that path he should also expect the unexpected.
Life is about making choices.
Choices with good bad outcomes.
Everyone is free to make their choice anyway undecided

Damn you say you are a Man, where are your balls, Man. You gonna die someday now or later, we glory in our struggle, life of a Man
Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by ojun50(m): 11:02pm On Nov 25, 2022
Greattestman:

Try and get hold of every document concerning every properties in her care before starting a war
Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by BRATISLAVA: 11:06pm On Nov 25, 2022
fineboynl:

Stop telling him untruths.

The house belongs to his mother. Unless he kills her.

If he listens to any advise here, he will only frustrate himself to smithereens. A lot of emotionally charged males are putting down info—presented as advice—conjured from their behinds.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by BRATISLAVA: 11:07pm On Nov 25, 2022
ojun50:

Try and get hold of every document concerning every properties in her care before starting a war

Why? Because she doesn't own the documents?

The way you people are quick to propose and support crime/evil is always a no-brainer when we know who is at the receiving the of the crime/evil.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by abuhusna1: 11:12pm On Nov 25, 2022
Greattestman:

Go and report to yout father side family they will send her out for you the moment she remarries. That house is yours and you are the reason the father side family did not send her packing
Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by Kingmelly(m): 11:19pm On Nov 25, 2022
You are a man and your mother is chasing from your father's house. Tufia. The kind of weak men we have these days eh
Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by adecz: 11:33pm On Nov 25, 2022
In your first post on this your
wahala with your mum, you didn't
mention that she had a man, but I
put 2 & 2 together and knew that the
issue must have a man as third party.

The man must be hitting all her sweeet kiss
spots and he told her if you don't leave,
he is going to leave her. She feels it's
better you go than she losing his sweet kiss
Cassava❗️❗️ wink wink wink

What I see about her is that, the man
wants you out so that he will eventually
have a clear chance to 'ice' your mum and
takeover the property.

The man is planning evil, but your mum
is too carried away to understand.

Imagine the fact that the man doesn't
even have the resources to marry her❗️❗️☹️☹️

Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by TeeWelz: 11:42pm On Nov 25, 2022
Your mommy is on her way to HELL if she’s marrying a second husband while the first is Alive.
Re: My Mother Wants To Remarry by gfon(m): 11:44pm On Nov 25, 2022
Mercury12:
oya go and kee your mother or your future step Daddy undecided
Be a man and k*ll them undecided

That is the fuulish advice pleasant to your likes ears..
Are you happy now?
so his step-dad doesn't have his own house?? He wants to come and live in the OP dad's house?? Guy abeg swerve,even you won't take that shit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of Risk Of Travelling In Nigeria / Young Mom Celebrates Her Cute Son With The Most Beautiful Black Skin (photos) / Mother And Child Die After Falling Into A Well In Adamawa (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.