Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,261 members, 7,815,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase (12830 Views)

Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn / Telcos Warn Of Shutdown In 11 States Over Kogi’s Clampdown / Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by veekid(m): 7:03am On Nov 25, 2022

Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by bluefilm: 7:04am On Nov 25, 2022
So they've not even increased it and I've been buying it at 270/litre for some montths now
Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by Lovenorth: 7:08am On Nov 25, 2022
We are tired of hearing this useless warning, shutup and do whatever you want to do
Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by geezynoni: 7:09am On Nov 25, 2022
Ko ni ye gbogbo yin , e ma sofo ni.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by Hero2t: 7:09am On Nov 25, 2022
gimakon2:
I just need to leave Nigeria at all cost!
i get to pay 10,000 / month to NEPA and still buy fuel almost 30k/month because of Remote jobs and still i am not sure of 100% Light. Then another increase again?

Nigeria has got a very long way to go!

Get a solar set up if you can.
Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by DARLINGTON869(m): 7:10am On Nov 25, 2022
Wetin concern me. If una like, make una vote APC enter again. Na una go dey suffer am.
Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by LaSenior: 7:11am On Nov 25, 2022
Here in Owerri imo state we are already buying 250 to 280 per litre

APC a curse to Nigeria

If you are still supporting APC I hope you are buying fuel at cheaper rates

1 Like

Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by gimakon2(m): 7:12am On Nov 25, 2022
Hero2t:

Get a solar set up if you can.

At what cost?
Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by Whobedatte(m): 7:12am On Nov 25, 2022
Fuel that I bought N350 in Abuja few weeks , N285 in Minna last two weeks and N300/N350 on Sokoto just last week . Mtcheew
Only Kaduna price even make sense small at N245
Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by gimakon2(m): 7:12am On Nov 25, 2022
Lovenorth:
We are tired of hearing this useless warning, shutup and do whatever you want to do

Possibly because you have other alternatives, hence you speak this way.
Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by purplekayc(m): 7:13am On Nov 25, 2022
This sh*t happens every festive period
Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by alatbaba1(m): 7:13am On Nov 25, 2022
We know already …. Before this Bvhari administration leave, them wan make sure we see shege banza borouba …. That’s shege pro max
Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by SLOVFO(m): 7:18am On Nov 25, 2022
Not news to us in Abia. We have been buying it any price since 2 weeks ago or thereabout. I bought at 240 yesterday...
Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by holluwizzy: 7:26am On Nov 25, 2022
Actually, there is nothing left in the country.

Lost their priorities.

CBN did make up for naira which cost alot.

Security

Fuel price

Inflation.

Nigeria problem just started.

Nigerians ar addicted to suffering especially the poor masses.

U get the point naaaw.

gimakon2:
I just need to leave Nigeria at all cost!
i get to pay 10,000 / month to NEPA and still buy fuel almost 30k/month because of Remote jobs and still i am not sure of 100% Light. Then another increase again?

Nigeria has got a very long way to go!
Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by gimakon2(m): 7:28am On Nov 25, 2022
holluwizzy:

Lost their priorities.

Security

Fuel price

Inflation.

U get the point naaaw.

I tell you fam. I regret every passing day I came back here.
Na where I go move my people go I day fine now.
Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by Abuja91(m): 7:34am On Nov 25, 2022
And some urchins and mallams are here clamouring for a walking dead to rule them. Walking dead that don't even care if his urchins buys the fuel at cost of 500 per liter. Spits on zombies

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by crazygod(m): 7:38am On Nov 25, 2022
I remember the days of unipetrol, Texaco etc. Government petrol filling stations. The downside of capitalism is that though customer is always right (on paper), producers in the long run is king. But this happens only when government refuses to take responsibility. Sad, and Atiku still wants to privatize if he gets elected. cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by Allisgud: 7:41am On Nov 25, 2022
This oil marketers are also part of Nigeria big problem,they need serious beating
Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by Franking: 7:41am On Nov 25, 2022
Possible petrol price increase? It's been selling for 250 naira for weeks now or do u mean another increase, say, 500 naira a litre? Bring it on. APC and Tinumbu supporters go follow dey suffer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by shedy03(m): 7:43am On Nov 25, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:
I now believe the powers that be don't want tinubu anywhere near Aso rock.
Usually, these politicians reduce fuel price during election period to entice voters and increase it after elections, but it got to Tinubu's turn and everything has gone haywire.

Anyways, anything to get these thieving party out of Aso rock is welcome.

Also PDP is doing a miserable job as opposition. We all know how APC used every single thing against PDP. Atiku should throw his weight behind Peter Obi as it seems he's not serious
Tinubu help Buhari make fake promises to Nigerians 2015&2019, are we going to hear $1 to N1 again? And petrol N50/l.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by gimakon2(m): 7:47am On Nov 25, 2022
holluwizzy:

Lost their priorities.

Security

Fuel price

Inflation.

U get the point naaaw.

Like let me shock you. in 48 hours we get light for 35mins after that the light is gone for another 48 hours. then we get to buy fuel and turn on at several intervals, so i get to work 8 hours daily , monday thru friday. and its a windows PC i use, prior to when i get a M1 Macbook which conserves battery ....

Its a coding job and it takes nearly all the time, battery and co, ontop debugging. Then e get sometimes the code go tell e god, say "lai lai , I will not run today" you would be looking at the debugger and its telling you, "You think say you wise?"

Brov, I think i am done with Nigeria, Honestly. I regret coming back here , Like i regret it every passing day!

1 Like

Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by Hero2t: 7:50am On Nov 25, 2022
gimakon2:

At what cost?

Depends on what you intend to power. For 1 laptop and a few bulbs, you can buy a laptop power bank and 1 150w panels at around 150k. For more loads, you will need to budget way more.
Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by vikstandon(m): 7:51am On Nov 25, 2022
You are already selling #250 in my location even when you were receiving from NNPC.
Now you are threatening to increase it further... Please do your worst, we no go die.

Nairalanders, what's your survival instinct?
Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by Jeffyblaq(m): 8:08am On Nov 25, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:
We go buy am like that, na today? When 15 million idiots from afonja land and almajiris voted for an illiterate that does not hv any tangible achievement in his lifetime after leaving office in 1985, or same idiots from afonja land that are clamoring for another ancestor to take over, yet u will see them on d road begging from morning till night.
D humanity in me left after 2019 General elections, once I see somebody in need of help I would always walk and pass bcs same idiot begger followed those that voted dis calamity and same idiot is equally warming up to vote for another ancestor.
Na here everybody go enjoy d real change
Well said.

That humanity really left me long ago..

I no longer care bout a thing...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 25, 2022
I know, I blame Buhari

But anyone expecting the price of fuel to remain cheap forever and ever, has not heard about something called the 'market price'

The market price of fuel, like the sun, always is rising somewhere...because the cost of making the fuel, transporting it, always rises...

Even if we refined it at home, the cost will rise, because the refinery has to be maintained, upgraded, kept running...and most of the spare parts needed are made abroad...plus the loans taken to build the refinery must be paid back.

But critically, the people who bring you the fuel have families and dependents to raise...not just the rich fat cats...the poor. The tanker driver, the oil workers, even the person who puts fuel in your tank...all want to be PAID.

There is no such thing as cheap fuel. Subsidy is the lie the government , especially this APC government tells you, and the lie we tell ourselves, that fuel can be cheap. It is a comforting lie...but believing in the lie for over 50 years is why we don't have refineries, why Dangote is going to run a monopoly on fuel refining..because refining fuel with subsidy is not profitable for anyone, large budget deficits, and why we are now Father Christmas of PMS for everyone in West Africa. And why we have a lot of leeches around NNPC HQ in Abuja. Real live leeches....

So, your choice...either pay the market price of fuel at the pump.......or pretend that fuel is N10 per liter, and pay the market price later....via loans, debts, raised taxes, and more loans. Either way you suffer.

(The good thing is that in 2013, GEJ removed subsides on kerosene, and diesel...otherwise by now, if they had been kept, we would have used our budget just to fund them subsidies, and take loans for everything else.).
Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by CodeTemplar: 8:27am On Nov 25, 2022

“NNPC refuses to give us fuel. We buy from third parties and can sell at any price because if the landing cost to our stations is N218 per litre, how much do you expect us to sell? So the public should expect fuel at any price, depending on the area,” he said.

If it is landing at 218 why is it scarce and selling much higher in so many places.
Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 25, 2022
CodeTemplar:

If it is landing at 218 why is it scarce and selling much higher in so many places.

Because NNPC enforced official price is N179 per liter...meaning that the petroleum market as a whole loses N39 at least for every liter of fuel sold, since it cost them N218 to bring in that one liter . And it also means that government is finding it difficult to find that N39 per liter (especially since NNPC is finding it difficult to supply fuel...)

In 2011, at the end of the year...fuel was N65 at the pump, landing price was N99...cue scarcity, then government raised the price to N140, CUE Protests, then cut it down to N97....

1 Like

Re: Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 25, 2022
meobizy:
The year is ending. It's a normal thing.

The problem is, the cost of fuel...ie producing and transporting it...has risen beyond where government can keep subsidsing it at N179 per liter...hence prices have to go up or else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Osun State PDP Interdenominational Service In Osogbo Today / Amuwo Odofin: Appeal Court Upturns Tribunal Verdict, Affirms LP's Olawande / Abia Now Enviable Under Otti, Says Governor Uzodinma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.