Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Japanese Prime Minister Resign - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Japanese Prime Minister Resign (590 Views)

Presenter Flashes Serbian Prime Minister In Prank Interview / Obama Urged To Resign Over Beyoncé Scandal - SATIRE / Shocking: Australian Prime Minister Stoned By Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japanese Prime Minister Resign by Rgp92: 10:25am On Aug 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan (CNN) -- Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan, whose approval rating tumbled following the devastating March earthquake and tsunami, announced his resignation Friday.
Kan announced he is stepping down as party leader during a meeting with members of the ruling Democratic Party of Japan. The party will elect a new leader next week, who will take over as prime minister.
The resignation fulfills his promise to step down after parliament approved two pieces of legislation, including one related to post-earthquake reconstruction.
"I will put my words into action once those two bills are approved," Kan said this month at a Lower House committee session.
Kan believes the two bills -- the deficit-financing bond bill and the new energy promotion bill -- will push forward his reconstruction policies.
The bills passed Friday.
Kan has been under pressure to resign since the March 11 earthquake and tsunami and subsequent nuclear crisis in the nation. The disaster triggered the worst nuclear crisis since Chernobyl, as cores overheated and spewed radioactive material into surrounding areas.
Soon after the disaster, ratings agency Moody's put the country debt under review for a possible downgrade, as political infighting undermined measures to fix the budget deficit. Moody's officially downgraded Japan's credit on Wednesday, citing its unstable politics
In June, the embattled leader narrowly escaped a vote of no confidence in parliament.
As many as nine candidates, including Finance Minister Yoshihiko Noda and former foreign minister, Seiji Maehara, are considered possible contenders for the post of prime minister.
Kan's resignation allows him to remain in office until the ruling party elects its new leader, a move scheduled for Monday.
A day later, parliament will vote in the new leader as prime minister, the sixth premier for the nation in five years.
Japan's next prime minister will inherit a series of problems, including soaring debt, nuclear woes, a shrinking population and a nation struggling to rebuild after the devastating earthquake and tsunami.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/08/26/japan.pm.resigns/index.html
Re: Japanese Prime Minister Resign by Rgp92: 10:26am On Aug 26, 2011
woot, leaving power without force?
Re: Japanese Prime Minister Resign by GoldCircle: 10:28am On Aug 26, 2011
it's amazing how these Japanese guys change prime ministers like diapers.

I think this is the 5th PM in 5 years.

someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Japanese Prime Minister Resign by agitator: 11:29am On Sep 05, 2011
GoldCircle:

it's amazing how these Japanese guys change prime ministers like diapers.

I think this is the 5th PM in 5 years.

someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Oga did you read the article before you commented.

Rgp92:

Tokyo, Japan (CNN) -- Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan, whose approval rating tumbled following the devastating March earthquake and tsunami, announced his resignation Friday.
Kan announced he is stepping down as party leader during a meeting with members of the ruling Democratic Party of Japan. The party will elect a new leader next week, who will take over as prime minister.
The resignation fulfills his promise to step down after parliament approved two pieces of legislation, including one related to post-earthquake reconstruction.
"I will put my words into action once those two bills are approved," Kan said this month at a Lower House committee session.
Kan believes the two bills -- the deficit-financing bond bill and the new energy promotion bill -- will push forward his reconstruction policies.
The bills passed Friday.
Kan has been under pressure to resign since the March 11 earthquake and tsunami and subsequent nuclear crisis in the nation. The disaster triggered the worst nuclear crisis since Chernobyl, as cores overheated and spewed radioactive material into surrounding areas.
Soon after the disaster, ratings agency Moody's put the country debt under review for a possible downgrade, as political infighting undermined measures to fix the budget deficit. Moody's officially downgraded Japan's credit on Wednesday, citing its unstable politics
In June, the embattled leader narrowly escaped a vote of no confidence in parliament.
As many as nine candidates, including Finance Minister Yoshihiko Noda and former foreign minister, Seiji Maehara, are considered possible contenders for the post of prime minister.
Kan's resignation allows him to remain in office until the ruling party elects its new leader, a move scheduled for Monday.
A day later, parliament will vote in the new leader as prime minister, the sixth premier for the nation in five years.
Japan's next prime minister will inherit a series of problems, including soaring debt, nuclear woes, a shrinking population and a nation struggling to rebuild after the devastating earthquake and tsunami.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/08/26/japan.pm.resigns/index.html

he resigned because his approval rating was going down, not like your sit-tight criminals, who want to rule forever.

(1) (Reply)

Egyptian Court Sentence Former Interior Minister To Mubarak To Life In Prison / See Groove - Gambia's Public Sector To Have A 4-day Working Week / ''anonymous Arab'' Hit Israeli Government Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.