Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,781 members, 7,841,038 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality (15568 Views)

Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Death Sentence: Falana Drags FG, Kano To African Commission / Ganduje To Sign Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Death Warrant Over Blasphemy / Yahaya Sharif-Aminu: Protest In Kano Over "Blasphemy Against Prophet Muhammad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality by Bigchristo: 4:19am On Nov 26, 2022
Blue3k:
Sharif-Aminu is entering the sudden death round. Let's hope he wins so blasphemy becomes Unconstitutional. It's clearly at odds with the constitution regarding free speech expression and religion. If he does win I suggest we amend the constitution to add a Succession clause so righteous states don't have to be with infidels.
Nigeria is not a sharia country, there’s nothing like blasphemy.
Re: Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality by DAENNINGA(m): 4:39am On Nov 26, 2022
Blue3k:

The former Sharia CJN is one vote on Supreme Court. I don't know why you guys act like there isn't multiple Justices who sit on the Supreme Court. All he needs is a majority opinion in your favor.

The law is enforced differently by their own admission because Islam has a hierarchy. Look at the hisbah quotes from last year they didn't refute. The numbers are sections of the law the lawyers are citing.

I laugh at you in Swahili...whilst it is true that there are multiple judges on the panel to give their judgements and opinion on matters before them, the Chief judge has the capacity to affect the decisions in one way or the other.
More importantly, who sets up the panel?
It is the Chief judge.
Re: Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality by BABANGBALI: 4:57am On Nov 26, 2022
The religion of peace indeed. Islamabaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
Re: Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality by Blue3k(m): 5:56am On Nov 26, 2022
DAENNINGA:

I laugh at you in Swahili...whilst it is true that there are multiple judges on the panel to give their judgements and opinion on matters before them, the Chief judge has the capacity to affect the decisions in one way or the other.
It is the Chief judge.

The chief doesn't have mind control powers. His sway is just like any other. If you have evidence of other justices rule the same 50% of the time or more in majority opinions I'd like to see it. The second argument is more important but again these Justices have their minds. None of you guys bother to speak a word on the legal opinions of the other 12 justices because of the hyperfocus on the chief justice. It's obvious most of you don't know who the others are or what they believe.
Re: Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality by Adolfhitler001: 6:05am On Nov 26, 2022
MrExcel:
People fighting on behalf of God?
Atiku and Okowa will change all these abnormalities
Same Atiku that deleted his post about Deborah or you mean Atiku babanbarawo

1 Like

Re: Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:43am On Nov 26, 2022
Blue3k:
Sharif-Aminu is entering the sudden death round. Let's hope he wins so blasphemy becomes Unconstitutional. It's clearly at odds with the constitution regarding free speech expression and religion. If he does win I suggest we amend the constitution to add a Succession clause so righteous states don't have to be with infidels.

I believe blasphemy is a crime but the penalty shouldn’t be the death sentence. That’s what this litigation is about and I hope he wins.
Re: Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality by DAENNINGA(m): 6:49am On Nov 26, 2022
Blue3k:

The chief doesn't have mind control powers. His sway is just like any other. If you have evidence of other justices rule the same 50% of the time or more in majority opinions I'd like to see it. The second argument is more important but again these Justices have their minds. None of you guys bother to speak a word on the legal opinions of the other 12 justices because of the hyperfocus on the chief justice. It's obvious most of you don't know who the others are or what they believe.

Granted, the Chief Judge doesn't doesn't have mind control powers. He has the powers to constitute the panel in such a manner that only persons whose biases tilts in favour of his position. Every Judge no matter how upright has his own personal experiences, biases and idiosyncrasies. Those biases affects their judgements in one way or the other. The Chief Justice knows them all. If I may ask, why did President Buhari remove the former Chief Judge,Justice Walter Ononoghen from office?
Re: Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality by Constablepatr: 7:04am On Nov 26, 2022
kpakpakpa:
He MAY get justice cos that shariaa cjn is no longer there.

What i hate most is how this law is applicable only to the poor. BTW, i'm not understanding the numbers you quote up there.

You already sound hypocritical BLASPHEMY should be treated as a MAJOR crime that’s how stupid people tell lies about others perhaps they’re the culprit.
Re: Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality by Constablepatr: 7:07am On Nov 26, 2022
JASONjnr:
Because Christians sees nothing wrong with the killings of its followers in the name of nothing...

If a Muslim was killed for blasphemy, the north will rise and fight back.....

I really regret that God had to send me to this country ..... I'd better as a beggar in Europe than a prince in this country..

I pray your wish come true !
Fairytale stories will make you hate the right people and love the wrong person.

That’s BLASPHEMY BRO
Re: Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality by ogwumgbe: 7:22am On Nov 26, 2022
MrExcel:
People fighting on behalf of God?
Atiku and Okowa will change all these abnormalities

Your Atiku should first of all retweet that he condemns the killing of Deborah Samuel before we take him serious
Re: Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality by Mccullum: 7:37am On Nov 26, 2022
boolet:
Shame. Same people, who call Jesus a mere prophet, talk about blasphemy... Shameless and uncivil lot, who can't simply live and let live.

It's not even about education, they all think alike. They think they are God's assassins, killing for 'their' God at will.

Jesus is a prophet, servant or messenger of God.

Go and read your Bible very well, it's there clearly.
Re: Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality by kpakpakpa(m): 7:54am On Nov 26, 2022
DAENNINGA:

It is the Chief judge.
The op is bigot period.

The CJN has the power to influence any judgement at supreme court and beyond. Or did he think that to occupy that post is ceremonial? In truth, the cjn is the head of the judiciary just like the president is to the executive arm of the government. So can he say that the president don't have power to make decisions unless they are approved by FEC?
Re: Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality by kpakpakpa(m): 8:03am On Nov 26, 2022
Constablepatr:

You already sound hypocritical BLASPHEMY should be treated as a MAJOR crime that’s how stupid people tell lies about others perhaps they’re the culprit.
Anything that should be treated as a major should have the backing of the Nigerian constitution. Presently, i did not see where blasphemy is a crime in our constitution. I have been waiting for cases like at the supreme court to be decided so that everyone can know his stance in this country.

If the supreme court backs sharia laws, i think the christians and traditional worshipers will have to make laws and open their own courts to operate too
Re: Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality by davodyguy: 8:10am On Nov 26, 2022
Blue3k:

Lol don't be silly he couldn't even call out that girl's killers. He won't touch this story either because it's too politically and religiously controversial. Give credit to Aminu abd his lawyers if the win.
Atiku failed on the Sokoto girl's killing.

He needed the votes of the killers, hence he kept mute and deleted an earlier post
Re: Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality by Blue3k(m): 8:50am On Nov 26, 2022
DAENNINGA:

Granted, the Chief Judge doesn't doesn't have mind control powers. He has the powers to constitute the panel in such a manner that only persons whose biases tilts in favour of his position. Every Judge no matter how upright has his own personal experiences, biases and idiosyncrasies. Those biases affects their judgements in one way or the other. The Chief Justice knows them all. If I may ask, why did President Buhari remove the former Chief Judge,Justice Walter Ononoghen from office?

kpakpakpa:

The op is bigot period.

The CJN has the power to influence any judgement at supreme court and beyond. Or did he think that to occupy that post is ceremonial? In truth, the cjn is the head of the judiciary just like the president is to the executive arm of the government. So can he say that the president don't have power to make decisions unless they are approved by FEC?

If your argument is correct you should be able to show me that the Chief justice is never or rarely be on in the minority opinion. If you have evidence to show do so now. The justices aren't zombies hence they won't just write whatever to please him. They get paid regardless. Justice Ononoghen was accused of corruption.

You're a clown kpakpakpa. Both of you are making assertions but don't present anything to prove your points. If the Chief Justice has all this power you should be able to should a track record of ruling showing they're never or rarely in the minority opinion.
Re: Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality by Blue3k(m): 9:00am On Nov 26, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

I believe blasphemy is a crime but the penalty shouldn’t be the death sentence. That’s what this litigation is about and I hope he wins.

What's your legal argument for that opinion? Is it constitutional?
Re: Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality by Constablepatr: 9:21am On Nov 26, 2022
kpakpakpa:

Anything that should be treated as a major should have the backing of the Nigerian constitution. Presently, i did not see where blasphemy is a crime in our constitution. I have been waiting for cases like at the supreme court to be decided so that everyone can know his stance in this country.

If the supreme court backs sharia laws, i think the christians and traditional worshipers will have to make laws and open their own courts to operate too

Your second paragraph shows you aren’t concern about the issue but against anything that has to do with ISLAM, well before traditional or Christian come up with there law, in the history of LAW internationally if not every but most country in the world do referral to Islamic law because it’s the fundamental basic origin of a written constitution ever since the emancipation of human, there are other law that were in place before the sharia law but seems more logical and precedent to a particular race or stance but SHARIA law has proven edge above every other law that has been in place before it arrival and till this day every race on earth refer to it as the fundament and origin of modern law which has never outdate the momentum.
Re: Sharif-aminu Appeals To The Supreme Court Regarding Blasphemy Constitutionality by Blue3k(m): 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2022
Bump

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( / Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security / Reno Omokri: Police Should Parade Abba Kyari Like Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.