Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( (15546 Views)

8 Dangote Cement Trucks & 1 Mosque Torched By IPOB Protesters In Onitsha(pics / Biafra : Banks Shut Down Customers Stranded Including Me In Onitsha (pics) / Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:16pm On May 05, 2012
This is Happening now at the back of my Street. One of the Oldest 4 Storey Building just Collapsed from the Back side. leaving the Tenants with no Option than to Jump from up to down. here are some of the Pictures

See More Pics Here

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by jason123: 1:18pm On May 05, 2012
May God continue to be with HIS people!!!
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by antartica(m): 1:25pm On May 05, 2012
Nigeria look so impoverished.No place in nigeria seems to look like normal human beings inhabits it,even university campuses.

1 Like

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by jason123: 1:27pm On May 05, 2012
On a side note, is this the Onitsha people talk about on NL ?? shocked

No part of Nigeria is developed apart from Lagos, Rivers (PH), AkwaIbom and Abuja!!! embarassed embarassed
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:35pm On May 05, 2012
it's better you keep your mouth shut!! angry angry angry angry angry angry
when last did you visit onitsha. this is in fact, the last ugly building here in Onitsha.
Onitsha still remain the most Developed area in Anambra state and Nigeria in General , where people build without Government Establishment .
where else can you see that in Nigeria? angry angry angry angry angry
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:43pm On May 05, 2012
jason123: On a side note, is this the Onitsha people talk about on NL ?? shocked

No part of Nigeria is developed apart from Lagos, Rivers (PH), AkwaIbom and Abuja!!! embarassed embarassed
Don't say what you don't know angry angry angry angry
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by Alumnus: 1:58pm On May 05, 2012
jason123: On a side note, is this the Onitsha people talk about on NL ?? shocked

If I post some pictures of Mushin and Agege you will also conclude that no part of Lagos is developed. Focus on the topic and stop making baseless statements to appear civilised.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by Leadn(m): 2:00pm On May 05, 2012
antartica: Nigeria look so impoverished.No place in nigeria seems to look like normal human beings inhabits it,even university campuses.

So true... am just confused...
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:00pm On May 05, 2012

You will be better off if you shut your mouth!
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 05, 2012
Gej is the cause of all this. I hope the house will impeach him cos of this building. A slow and daft president. When our darling OBJ was president, no boko haram and building collapse. Niger delta fool. Tinubu for 2015. ACN for life

1 Like

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:02pm On May 05, 2012

^^^You should remember that Onitsha is a city built entirely by individual Igbo effort with no federal presence or stolen oyel/federal money- so try and put things in context when analyzing. Besides, the pics show only the area where the old building was located and not large swathes of Onitsha metropolis.

@Topic: Onitsha has so many if these old buildings (esp' near the main Market area) which were built in the 60's and 70's. Some are subjects of litigation or jointly owned by the 3rd or 4th generation of a family, hence maintainace suffers.

Though i do wish the same fate would befall Murtala Int'l old terminal. That would make them do the right thing and build a 21st century Terminal and not settle for the patch-patch work they''re presently engaged in.
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by kaiter: 2:05pm On May 05, 2012
Nigeria look so impoverished.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by doublecross(m): 2:06pm On May 05, 2012
Johnpaul2k2:
Don't say what you don't know angry angry angry angry
but it is the truth. i can not cope in any other state in nigeria apart from lagos.
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by zulk12(f): 2:09pm On May 05, 2012
kayusfit: Gej is the cause of all this. I hope the house will impeach him cos of this building. A slow and daft president. When our darling OBJ was president, no boko haram and building collapse. Niger delta fool. Tinubu for 2015. ACN for life
hw is gej d cause? So anytin dat happens nw is caused by gej? Mayb wen u cnt poo again u blame gej u hear? Biigottt
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by Johnpaul2k2(m): 2:09pm On May 05, 2012
doublecross: but it is the truth. i can not cope in any other state in nigeria apart from lagos.
what is true??
come to onitsha and see for yourself. smiley
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by jason123: 2:09pm On May 05, 2012
Why are you guys angry?! cheesy
Abeg, make una take chill pill jor!
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by doublecross(m): 2:10pm On May 05, 2012
nbl tech: 3.5G HUAWEI UNIVERSAL MODEMs@N5,999
It works wt all GSM network.
u are mad for placing adverts on this thread
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by jason123: 2:11pm On May 05, 2012
PROUD-IGBO, thanks for the explanation!
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by 2goodbobo(m): 2:17pm On May 05, 2012
In Nigeria it is only the Center of the Center and the Center of the pheripery that is developed.
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by Onyenna(m): 2:17pm On May 05, 2012
Hope no one was injured.........people hardly think of maintenance i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊​ 9ja....from our government down....
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by Dede1(m): 2:22pm On May 05, 2012

The post above is made-up of typical statements borne out of idiocy and ignorance. It is noticeable you remained dunce in analogical acts.
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by Slizbeat(m): 2:29pm On May 05, 2012
•@kayusfit or wateva, it seems u av a personal beef wit gej, maybe ur father's broda or his frnd ran 4 d last election nd was defeated by gej dats y u always attack him+no offence meant o, jst an expression. Xo if u av any personal beef wit gej, sort it awt n stp d beef, dis aint a personal thread.
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by mkpologwu(m): 2:36pm On May 05, 2012
Buildings collapse everywhere in d world. Tenants shld live with it, on it, in it, by it, under it, ..!
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by cjotech: 2:40pm On May 05, 2012

U must be d dumbest fool on nl for saying d above.
Don't they have worst slums in d places u mentioned above.

If I must ask further, how old are u sef!
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 05, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^You should remember that Onitsha is a city built entirely by individual Igbo effort with no federal presence or stolen oyel/federal money- so try and put things in context when analyzing. Besides, the pics show only the area where the old building was located and not large swathes of Onitsha metropolis.

@Topic: Onitsha has so many if these old buildings (esp' near the main Market area) which were built in the 60's and 70's. Some are subjects of litigation or jointly owned by the 3rd or 4th generation of a family, hence maintainace suffers.

Though i do wish the same fate would befall Murtala Int'l old terminal. That would make them do the right thing and build a 21st century Terminal and not settle for the patch-patch work they''re presently engaged in.
So clap hands for yourself, who was supposed to buildd Onitsha in the first place ? Me ? Is that an excuse for people to still in deathtraps like that ugly building ? Be sensible

2 Likes

Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:47pm On May 05, 2012
jason123: Why are you guys angry?! cheesy
Abeg, make una take chill pill jor!

Like i said earlier, you will have a better day if you will just shut the Zap up ! I am really trying very hard to be civil here; If you want to say something about the Igbos like I know you do you should come out and do it instead of hiding behind this news to attack the Igbos. BE A MAN!
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by obicentlis: 2:48pm On May 05, 2012
Sincerely i knw it that one day most of these buildings will start collapsing. You need to visit Onitsha and see the kind of house the do erect within few months. Basically i do not trust the quality of th buildings. Though am not a prophet of doom but if care is not taken Osha may over take Other states in terms of collapsed buildings.
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by cjotech: 2:48pm On May 05, 2012
doublecross: but it is the truth. i can not cope in any other state in nigeria apart from lagos.

Nl is becoming a place where ppl showcase their level of ignorance.

Another fool in d making. Which state ve u visited to conclude that lagos is d only place u can live.

Have u being to minna, abuja, enugu, owerri, calabar.........

Am sure u ve not being to any/all of these places but u re quick to generalize to show how foolish u re.

Pls let's stick to d topic.

From d pic, its obvious d building is quite old and lacks proper naintenance. Hope no death was resulted from this mishap
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by Montalo(m): 2:50pm On May 05, 2012

goat! Wia n wia v u been in onitsha? Talkin ish..
Re: 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 05, 2012

akwa ibom?grin cheesy Where u wan put kano?

Though i still agree with u... These places still need oil money to build dose dirty slum they call home... Hehehehehehe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JNI, CAN Clash On Removal Of Army Commandants / Saraki Will Decide If Kwara PDP Can Join APC - Governor Ahmed / Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.