Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,251 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? (1083 Views)

6 Wack Nigeria Songs That Became Hits / Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. / Illbliss Is Wack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by Rapsody(m): 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2007
Firstly,i would like to make it known that i admire & respect any artiste who choses to use his or her talents 2 serve God.I consider it the wisest thing any1 cud ever make!

However, i can no longer ignore the mediocrity and wackness prevalent in musical works today made under the label of Gospel music! I turn on the T.V and watch poor,sub-standard videos supposedly done by a gospel artiste and i cant help exclaiming "what part of christianity is this?"
look,i know the God i serve and i know HE has taste even in music.

Dont think he's flattered when u rush into the studio and a week later,launch a wack album under the tag of gospel music!

I ask u again 'what part of christianity is that?'. The christian faith is a life of excellence in all aspects. God is not glorified when a gospel album is lower in terms of quality of production,creativity,skill and lyrical content,in comparison with a secular one!

See,enh! We gospel artistes must wake up and realize that we serve the Almighty God who deserves our best.We are not competing with the world but we must represent our father well!

Remember david had skills as a musician,even saul could not deny.Do u think if David was wack,saul would have listened to him?

I hope we understand the message i'm passing across.It is God that gave us our talents but we must choose to develop them with skill and dedication,if we are to make a lasting impact on our world.

If ur wack,pls improve and stop hiding under the cover of christianity!
If ur good(between u and God),then keep up the good work!

Kudos to Bouqoui(she dey try!),midnight crew,Buchi,etc.
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by skingo(m): 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2007
i am ssooooooo in support of this topic, bcoz, a lot of the gospel artists are garbage, they are even worse than the ones tryin to sing or tryin to rap, i dont beleive that u should do anything if u are not doing it the right way. and these people jus open their mouth and sing anything, without rhythm, without the components of song making. how do u think God will react,

Dont praise God in a mediocre manner if u cant praise him the right way, dont do it period!
its naija
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by gbadex1(m): 10:56am On Aug 24, 2007
For once i agree wholeheartedly with skingo.

You are so right Rapsody,i've been thinking about raising a topic such as this 'til i saw urs. in the gospel scene, mediocrity is the order of the day. Sometimes, i feel as if the gospel artistes are more wack than the secular ones.

Most times, Nigerians hide under the cloak of religion when they don't do things right, hence much of the superficiality in the gospel scene. If they release garbage, they'd say "na for God". What they tend to forget is the same God they're using as "last card" is a God of perfection and would obviously love things done the right way. Like skingo said, if u can't do things the right way, then don't do it at all.
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by kaydee(m): 11:49pm On Aug 24, 2007
skingo:

i am ssooooooo in support of this topic, because, a lot of the gospel artists are garbage, they are even worse than the ones tryin to sing or tryin to rap, i don't beleive that u should do anything if u are not doing it the right way. and these people jus open their mouth and sing anything, without rhythm, without the components of song making. how do u think God will react,

Dont praise God in a mediocre manner if u can't praise him the right way, don't do it period!
its naija

Very well said!
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by sect(m): 8:57pm On Aug 26, 2007
Hmmmmm, kenny saint brown
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by omogenaija(f): 9:14pm On Aug 26, 2007
@ rapsody

can u upload some of ur tracks , i would love to hear u sing smiley
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by Rapsody(m): 3:22pm On Aug 27, 2007
@omogenaija
Im workin on a link to my hot new single titled "Temptation".Will post it as soon as i get it hooked up.Alternatively, i could send it 2 ur mailbox as an attachment.Savvy?
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by omogenaija(f): 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2007
ok , studentesther@yahoo.com
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by A40(m): 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2007
Yeah they hide under the guise of Christian music and just put out whack shit sometims you wonder if being whack is a criteria for singing gospel music
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by HYBRIDX(m): 4:57pm On Aug 27, 2007
@ RAPSODY

dude u way outa point
u r in no position to judge a wack joint/

only empty barrels make the loudest noise
let me take this to the "church"/

if u trully study the word day and nite
then u will understand the story of the widows myte/

it aint about the funkyfied videos with the flashy lites
its the messages u passing to win souls for christ/

the game is an asset,u just a laibility
most liable to libel to the ture essence of christainity/

u definately a babe feeding on milk
ur ingenuinety can qualify u to feed on meat/

rapsody a spritual convict,u need to be set free
u trapped in the web of hypocrytic pharasee /

dedicating to you a couple of masses,
praying fervently u find the lite on d road to damascus/

bring upon u the courses like the rod of mosses
the truth shall set u free cos i know u know this/
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by Rapsody(m): 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2007
(sigh), Mmmh! No matter how objective a brother is,some person who's nurses ill feelings would still try to soil his boots in the muddy waters of controversy.I anticipated the beef this thread might create but TRUTH must be told regardless of the concommitant hostility!

@HYBRID-X

Go ahead son,crucify me! I wont be the first to be misunderstood and reviled by so-called religious people.Go ahead and heap all ur insults on me! I can handle it!
Afterall yab na free commodity 4 market and motorpark! Even a slowpoke can come up with some dis linez.
I know you're spoiling 4 a fight,but you're barking up the wrong tree.Ive got more serious battles to fight spiritually than to bother wiv u.Go battle your kind,they'll be more willing 2 serve you than waiters at Iya basira's buka!

You were right though!/Im a spiritual convict/
cos ive got a conviction in my spirit:that my God deserves the illest/and that remains concrete!

Nuff said![color=#990000][/color]
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by Rapsody(m): 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2007
@omogenaija

Thanx 4 giving me the benefit of the doubt.I'll send u the song soon as i convert it to mp3 to reduce its size.Peace![/color][color=#990000]
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by Wordsmith(m): 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2007
@ hybrid,

dude, what's with u and Rapsody? every rap thread i've been on, u're always throwing shots and dissing him. breathe easy bro, u want a battle, then simply call him out.

@ Rapsody,

i don't mind a copy of ur track too, thanks.

PS: if u wondering who this is, it's gbade. . . .
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by HYBRIDX(m): 5:51pm On Aug 28, 2007
@ rapsody

dont mean to disrespect u,i send my apologies.pls do pardon me.
peace man,
plus u really really kool with tha flows,
cheers
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by Rapsody(m): 9:50pm On Aug 28, 2007
@HYBRID-X
its aiight son! No offence taken.We all family.

@Wordsmith
been workin on the reproduction & distribution of the track for radio air playn.However,my management insist i shoot the video first so i can hit T.V too.Since i dnt wanna be wack,im workin on the details.
My homeboy promised to help me upload the track.When he's done,i'll let u have it.Peace!
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by HYBRIDX(m): 7:32am On Aug 29, 2007
@ rapsody

if it aint too late it would be a pleasure if we could hook up n do something together and about the production of your album.,hope ur peeps put in all there weigth ,one big problem we having i tha music industry this days is that the artist works so hard to write/compose the songs and all,but them producers,distributors and management dont but in much effort,

and you were to rate my lyrics ,what would u rate me over ten(on a naija/nairaland level)

big ups kid
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by Rapsody(m): 9:26pm On Aug 30, 2007
@HYBRID-X
(chuckles).its kinda ironic that iam been made to evaluate the skillz of an emcee on the strength of rhymes he kicked 2 diss me with reckless abandon,but(shrugs),i promise 2 be as objective as possible!

1) Your username is sorta ill.It makes one wonder what it means and keeps 'em guessin.Nice one!

2) u were kinda slick with the "widow's mite,flashy videos" rhyme.Good rhyme pattern.

3)u've got some idea of word play using "take it to church" as an example.Shows ur more than average.

U've got skillz(i think),but seriously i need 2 hear more ill stuff frm u b4 i can give u an 'ace'.For nw on a scale of 1 - 10,i'll give u 6(six) by nairaland s andards.

Are u a gospel artiste? Coz if u are,my evaluation would hve been more critical using scriptural standards.

Check out posts from emcees like hola2ng,jduck13 on the gospel rap thread.U'll see my vision!

As 4 secular emcees,check out gbade x,naijafan,raheem,dblock,kaydee,e.t.c
Boyz are hot!
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by HYBRIDX(m): 8:40am On Aug 31, 2007
@ RAPSODY

6/10 is not too bad at least i am above average,

i have been a lover of hiphop since i was a kid,i followed rap (i grew up with rap) my all time emcee arent the commercial ones, the likes of[b] master ace,rakim,slick rick,talib kwali & mos-def(black star),wu thang klan,gangstar,dialted people,nas,big "L"(R.I.P),LUPE FIASCO,black tot,havoc,prodigy,the lox,papoose,common,dead prez,A-Z,[/b]i do write but never took it that serious,i dont have any recorded material at the moment,but i guess i relate well when it comes to hiphop,i know when a line is hot or not.

presently i am working but hiphop's still my first love,
well,i am not really into gospel rap,thinking of giving it a try, never the less i wanna develop my rap skills(punch-lines & using no swear words) and the only way to do that is to listen listen to other ill rappers (it works for me only when i am in the mood)
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by Wordsmith(m): 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2007
@ hybrid,

as per gospel rappers, you can sick cats like T-Bone, Ill Harmonics {Pigeon John & Playdough}, KJ-52, The Cross Movement, La Crae, Trip Lee, The Ambassador, Manafest. . . .just check out for their ish on the net, truly inspiring music. . .
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by Rapsody(m): 8:56pm On Aug 31, 2007
@wordsmith
Talking bout gospel rap cats,hw many tight ones hve u heard from naija?

D Capo used to hold it down until he upped and left 4 yankee.

Rooftop MCs are kool esp wt that shock therapy track,bt honestly,they need to step up their game coz gospel rap underground is brimming with emcees patiently waiting 2 blow!

mmmh,who else is there? Me? Well,we'll see when the album drops.
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by whizkidd: 2:22am On Sep 01, 2007
While you guys are rantin and ravin about how wack gospel artists in nigeria are, check out www.tybello.com/greenland.htm , THIS IS THE BEST MUSIC TO EVA COME OUT OF NIGERIA, PERIOD,
Its official people, Ty Bello's Greenland album is nothin like u've eva heard out of naija, and the whole album was done in naija, lyrics, vocal arrangements, beats/production, Everything, check it out and see for yoursef,
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by jerrymania(m): 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2007
whizkidd:

While you guys are rantin and ravin about how wack gospel artists in nigeria are, check out www.tybello.com/greenland.htm , THIS IS THE BEST MUSIC TO EVA COME OUT OF NIGERIA, PERIOD,
Its official people, Ty Bello's Greenland album is nothin like u've eva heard out of naija, and the whole album was done in naija, lyrics, vocal arrangements, beats/production, Everything, check it out and see for yoursef,

Oh ty bello the kush girl?right? i cant hear the songs clearly,breaking off.is the song greenland kinda political ? coz if it is then i dont dig her style at all. anyway is she still into her photography business?
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by whizkidd: 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2007
She isnt political, she is a gospel artist,
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by Wordsmith(m): 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2007
@ Rapsody,

well, there are only a few naija gospel cats i'm feeling -

Rooftop MCs - i love that infusion of Rock, that song was really a Shock Therapy. They kinda remind me of Wu Tang in the good ol' days with that sick track of theirs Tales of thd Unexpected.

Bouqui - girl is hot with the delivery, suprisingly i didn't really feel the 'Molejo' track, preferred one other totally underground track she did. Girl killed it on wax.

There used to be GA2R - the Gospel According 2 Rap, unilag boys they were- their hit was aight. . .enough to raise a few eyebrows, heck can't even remember the name of the track

the non Hiphop heads would be Infinity, 6Team, Buchi, Kush (when they were still together), J. Gyang

apart from these few cats, most of the rest i hear on the airwaves i consider superficial.
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by Configur(m): 8:55pm On Sep 03, 2007
TRUE WORD GUYS, AM YORUBA BUT LETS CALL A SPADE A SPADE AND A SHOVEL A SHOVEL grin ,D YORUBA GUYS ARE D WACKEST,SAME WORDS/LYRICS,NAUSEA INDUCING VIDEOS,DANCE STEPS,DEM NO DEY EVEN IMPROVE AT ALL .

DEY NEED TOTAL REEVALUATION OR MAYBE NA RECAPITALIZATION,ABI NA PRIVATIZATION SEF
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by HYBRIDX(m): 7:48am On Sep 04, 2007
@ CONFIGUR

i feel u man,most of them make me sick to the stomach,
they just lack purpose,skill,drive,knowledge and drive.
even if they had jay-z n beyonce on there track they still wont get up-graded

word!
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by Rapsody(m): 3:38pm On Sep 04, 2007
@whizkidd

Boy! That greenland song by Ty Bello of the erstwhile gospel trio 'KUSH' is off the bleeding hook! I watched the video on soundcity last nite.Really tight! Should get my homegirl an award.Cant wait to cop the album!

God bless u,Ty! U be girl wey sabi.

@HYBRID-X

yoruba gospel artistes are not necessarily the wackest(haba!).What about those igbotic gospel artistes we are forced to listen to at the motorpark? Though,i gree say some yoruba artistes go get nominations for wack gospel artistes awards!
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by jerrymania(m): 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2007
@ rapsody

are you interested in the christianity that assures a life after or the music that will die with this earth?
Re: Wack Gospel Artistes!: What Part Of Christianity? by Rapsody(m): 2:00pm On Sep 05, 2007
@jerrymania

muzik is God and God is muzik! Christianity is not a religion but a way of life(comprising of music,language,dressing,norms,values and spiritual heads).Gospel musik will definitely outlive this life cos God inhabits the praises of his people in whatever form(hip hop,rock,accapela,r&b,hymns,e.t.c).
We gonna hve musik in heaven and it wont be none of the wack stuff i hear and watch over the airwaves.God forbid!

iam interested in music with a life of its own.music that can get inside your brain and stay there.music that cannot be faulted on any score because its perfect all round:edifying lyrical content, superior quality,banging beats and tight videos!

Get ur heads out of the clouds and improve ur skills.The world can only respect ur message and accept it when its obvious u believe in it enough to give it ur best.

Nuff said!

(1) (Reply)

Majek Fashek The Rain Maker Back To Naija / Exclusive: Durella: Don’t Go Funny Ft. Timaya + “ju Danu” Ft. 9ice / Pictures:d’banj ,2face Idibia, Fally Ipupa & Tiwa Savage @bet Awards Pre Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.