Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead (82502 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Is The Biggest Threat To The England Team — Karen Cairney / Mason Greenwood Suspended By England Team Amid Rape Probe / Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
So wetin concern you op

2 Likes

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Millz404(m): 8:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
Maybe there should all forget about the game, make political statements and go home

1 Like

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Shezzman: 8:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
One bottle of champagne for you for this comment...
etrange:
Just a feedback, OP: Did you notice how your readers couldn't really connect with the article? One said "who cares" probably cause they have no idea what the whole thing is about, and the other was asking what the gesture means. That's exactly how 'disconnected' your write-up is. You were inclined to score points for your personal opinion so much so that you ended up forgetting the primary goal which is informing. You left out important explanations and started arguing right away. Yet even your argument is watery. I'm sure that only those who knew the 'story' before now would read your article and understand it at once.

When I sat 'you', I mean whoever wrote that stuff for that unsecured blog.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by MeaslesMumpsRub: 8:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
If the Americans don't see a need to take a knee then there's no need for them to take a knee. You can't be forcing your values on others.

1 Like

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Golan007: 8:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
Mrchippychappy:
Una go read article from right wing posters, come here create thread dey form otolectual. Go and read up about why the footballers are taking a knee and how certain people in the United States punished Colin Kapernick for speaking up.

Nigerians have a way of messing up any good gesture.

They can never believe people actually want better.

1 Like

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Bintdawood(f): 8:05pm On Nov 27, 2022
Two hypocrites cool

1 Like

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by madjune(m): 8:08pm On Nov 27, 2022
The best of hypocrites are the worst.

Don't let England fool. Their country is built with racist fabrics from time immemorial.

They can't change it.

They will kneel throughout their matches and go back home still, the worst racist human beings on the planet.

The world cup is suddenly a stage for white washing.

2 Likes

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by planetx: 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2022
All this gesture like kneeling just portrays black people as little children that needs mommy and daddy ( white people) to take care of them. Oh poor black people see we taking a knee to stop racism, i say go to hell with your fake woke nonsense, not impressed over here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by ogascomax: 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2022
Buskynwa:

Fight against racism

Them don fool you too ehn. You think in that your brain if it means that then all teams won't do that. It's fight for the LGBT community and if you don't know before note it now.

1 Like

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by hudotisah: 8:15pm On Nov 27, 2022
I really enjoyed the match
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:16pm On Nov 27, 2022
ogascomax:

Them don fool you too ehn. You think in that your brain if it means that then all teams won't do that. It's fight for the LGBT community and if you don't know before note it now.

Taking the knee is for the LGBT community? Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Golan007: 8:16pm On Nov 27, 2022
madjune:
The best of hypocrites are the worst.

Don't let England fool. Their country is built with racist fabrics from time immemorial.

They can't change it.

They will kneel throughout their matches and go back home still, the worst racist human beings on the planet.

The world cup is suddenly a stage for white washing.

England are no more racist than Nigerians.

I'll go as far as saying the younger generation, 35 and less, are far less racist than their contemporaries in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by blueAgent(m): 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2022
Golan007:

England are no more racist than Nigerians.

I'll go as far as saying the younger generation, 35 and less are far less racist than their contemporaries in Nigeria.

Very true.

2 Likes

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by karmaolu1(m): 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2022
I c
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by SPAMBOX7: 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2022
etrange:
Just a feedback, OP: Did you notice how your readers couldn't really connect with the article? One said "who cares" probably cause they have no idea what the whole thing is about, and the other was asking what the gesture means. That's exactly how 'disconnected' your write-up is. You were inclined to score points for your personal opinion so much so that you ended up forgetting the primary goal which is informing. You left out important explanations and started arguing right away. Yet even your argument is watery. I'm sure that only those who knew the 'story' before now would read your article and understand it at once.

Damn bro I was finding it so hard understanding what that post was all about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by oneMalik: 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2022
That's how Nairaland has derailed thousands of people if not millions with all sort of irrelevant stories .

etrange:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by SPAMBOX7: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2022
Octopusssy:

100%. I don't understand the article and I'm still wondering exactly what they are discussing in the post. This is the dangers of copying and pasting without any kind of clarification. This is why Naptu2 will always be my favorite poster because he takes time to explain the posts, as well as give background information. He communicates.
Most of the posters on this forum just wanna score the front page space. And the useless mods are always there to do the needful cos if they not useless what type of mod would put up something like this to the front page without scrutiny.
Or is it that people are now paying for front page spaces?
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by DaveHarry(m): 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2022
So because of dis u tink england is d anti-racist? C....d greatest hypocrites on earth is d UK. All dese deir kneeling bla bla is jus wot I call "make i deceive dem" syndrome.

1 Like

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 27, 2022
Golan007:

Nigerians have a way of messing up any good gesture.

They can never believe people actually want better.
Nigerians think they can outsmart their way out of being black

1 Like 1 Share

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by HitRun(m): 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2022
Buskynwa:

Fight against racism

In this instance, it wasn’t about racism.
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by HitRun(m): 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
Mrchippychappy:

Taking the knee is for the LGBT community? Lol

Yes

1 Like

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by dazzlingd(m): 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
etrange:

You said my mind 100%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Cmanforall: 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2022
tumababa:
What does taking a knee mean pls?
Ask them again.
It can be used to protest against injustice
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2022
HitRun:

Yes

So Colin Kapernick started taking the knee for the LGBT community?
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by LordErrk: 8:47pm On Nov 27, 2022
akwesenana:
What did USA do?

USA did not agree to be foolish

1 Like

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by LordErrk: 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2022
Racism will never end. There'll never be equality. Because life is not fair. Know this and know peace
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Ameoba300: 8:51pm On Nov 27, 2022
Biggest racists! Isn't Africa still suffering from their years of plundering?
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by KingOfAmebo(m): 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2022
etrange:

Blame the mod that pushed this disjointed post to frontpage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by HitRun(m): 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2022
Mrchippychappy:

So Colin Kapernick started taking the knee for the LGBT community?

Taking a knee is a gesture. It could be tied to anything.

Because kapernick took a knee for racism does not arrogate that gesture exclusively to racism.

Anyways, if you follow the news, you will find that England, Germany and couple of other teams are protesting FIFA’s ban on their botched plan of wearing the OneLove stamped jerseys at the World Cup.

2 Likes

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:57pm On Nov 27, 2022
To those asking the point of the article, bending the knee started in the US by the American football (a.k.a rugby) league players before it spilled over to England and became a thing in the epl.
It is ironic that the England national team are now bending the knee while the US where it originated from look on.
I personally can relate it to so many things like colonialism, religious indoctrination etc.
But the most obvious point is the "follow follow" or "oversabi" of the England national team.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Victor Moses Gets Married To Long Time Partner In Private Ceremony / Benjamin Mendy Has A Football Pitch In His House / Why FIFA Is Investigating Croatia, Nigeria Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.