Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead (82501 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Is The Biggest Threat To The England Team — Karen Cairney / Mason Greenwood Suspended By England Team Amid Rape Probe / Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Buskynwa: 12:30am On Nov 28, 2022
ekevwe:
is it by knelling?

Unfortunately it’s not by kneeling
The west has a reputation for virtue signaling; but they do otherwise behind the scenes

1 Like

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Ogaonos: 12:48am On Nov 28, 2022
MoneySEASON:
That kneeling shit is just a waste of time. It has no significant effect on tackling racism.

Bad things don't die easily. Infact racism will never end no matter how they tackle it.

That's why Wilfred Zaha stopped taking the knee in the premier league. While he was taking it, he was still facing racism and still saw people face it too, so he was like, 'what's the point'?

Although, Between USA and UK I don't know who are the most racial people.

truth be told racism cant end .only pple who can end it .is we africans .until africa beta nd developed.for instance qatar ,u.a.e has help reduce d negative sterotype bin ladin nd terrior group cause arabs .now imaging nigeria be like canada while equatoral guinea b like qatar d effective it will have on racism is huge because d news media cant promote us as pple dt live on trees .na because africa still have wicked nd cprrupted leaders dt make us poor dt why racism still dey
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by meobizy(f): 12:54am On Nov 28, 2022
I’m still waiting for what the USA team did. Incomplete article written by a right wing supporter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by bepositive11: 2:23am On Nov 28, 2022
ogascomax:
All their stupid hypocrisy. Blacks were so foolish to accept that stupid black lives matter thing. Do you know what Black lives matter truly means. Like you are going into extinction and that you are an endangered species. Look at the outrage that greeted Kenye West when he wore White lives matters. It's because the people behind the black lives matter understand that it was an insult against the black race and many foolishly accepted such a curse. What is england simpling doing is a protest against not accepting LGBT calling it fight for human life. What vexed me was even calling it 'One Love' armband.

Go and do your homework. Black lives matter was created by blacks for blacks. They created it because of police brutality towards black Americans. That's why they were upset about Kanye's ignorance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by pargelenis(m): 2:53am On Nov 28, 2022
To call the OP a slöwpöke would even be an understatement!
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Pickmycall: 4:02am On Nov 28, 2022
Buskynwa:

Fight against racism
Has it stopped?
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by WowSweetGuy(m): 4:06am On Nov 28, 2022
grin I can see harry Kane standing

Next news please
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Didi2d(m): 4:25am On Nov 28, 2022
etrange:
Just a feedback, OP: Did you notice how your readers couldn't really connect with the article? One said "who cares" probably cause they have no idea what the whole thing is about, and the other was asking what the gesture means. That's exactly how 'disconnected' your write-up is. You were inclined to score points for your personal opinion so much so that you ended up forgetting the primary goal which is informing. You left out important explanations and started arguing right away. Yet even your argument is watery. I'm sure that only those who knew the 'story' before now would read your article and understand it at once.

When I say 'you', I mean whoever wrote this stuff for that unsecured blog.

You're very correct! I am actually one of those you're talking about. I didn't Even understand what message the op was trying to pass until I read other peoples comment

In fact, after looking at the pix. I couldn't understand what the US team did.
Op take time o
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Ikemba007: 4:34am On Nov 28, 2022
tumababa:
What does taking a knee mean pls?

Pretending to oppose racism
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by etrange: 4:55am On Nov 28, 2022
KingOfAmebo:

Blame the mod that pushed this disjointed post to frontpage.

cliqtips:
We should blame the mod that moved it to the front page.

nyiamfrank:
The most annoying thing is that it made front page.

Lol... it wasn't on the front page when I dropped my comment. Let's hope the OP takes the feedback seriously. There's always room for improvement.
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Cajal(m): 5:22am On Nov 28, 2022
Is this a correct way of fighting against racism?
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by bewla(m): 5:58am On Nov 28, 2022
etrange:
Just a feedback, OP: Did you notice how your readers couldn't really connect with the article? One said "who cares" probably cause they have no idea what the whole thing is about, and the other was asking what the gesture means. That's exactly how 'disconnected' your write-up is. You were inclined to score points for your personal opinion so much so that you ended up forgetting the primary goal which is informing. You left out important explanations and started arguing right away. Yet even your argument is watery. I'm sure that only those who knew the 'story' before now would read your article and understand it at once.

ha ha no finish am before have m carrier start
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by MoneySEASON: 6:42am On Nov 28, 2022
Ogaonos:
truth be told racism cant end .only pple who can end it .is we africans .until africa beta nd developed.for instance qatar ,u.a.e has help reduce d negative sterotype bin ladin nd terrior group cause arabs .now imaging nigeria be like canada while equatoral guinea b like qatar d effective it will have on racism is huge because d news media cant promote us as pple dt live on trees .na because africa still have wicked nd cprrupted leaders dt make us poor dt why racism still dey

Yeah man.
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by Winnin009: 7:18am On Nov 28, 2022
ogascomax:
All their stupid hypocrisy. Blacks were so foolish to accept that stupid black lives matter thing. Do you know what Black lives matter truly means. Like you are going into extinction and that you are an endangered species. Look at the outrage that greeted Kenye West when he wore White lives matters. It's because the people behind the black lives matter understand that it was an insult against the black race and many foolishly accepted such a curse. What is england simpling doing is a protest against not accepting LGBT calling it fight for human life. What vexed me was even calling it 'One Love' armband.

Blacks are the only problem of blacks. This BLM matter proved it.
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by KingLion007(m): 8:13am On Nov 28, 2022
tumababa:
What does taking a knee mean pls?
Also means that Black Lives Matter.. Remember George Floyd?...How he was killed by a white cop?
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by abeggnow: 8:40am On Nov 28, 2022
Buskynwa:

Fight against racism
nope thats not what is about.
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by iHateFraudsters: 8:47am On Nov 28, 2022
etrange:

Well said.

Couldn't have said it better.

Nice one.
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by NIGERDELTAIDOL: 10:02am On Nov 28, 2022
iHateFraudsters:

I tire o
na brain u lack
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by iHateFraudsters: 10:06am On Nov 28, 2022
NIGERDELTAIDOL:
na brain u lack

Same to you.
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by NIGERDELTAIDOL: 10:13am On Nov 28, 2022
iHateFraudsters:

Same to you.
swallow the truth in peace.
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by iHateFraudsters: 10:21am On Nov 28, 2022
NIGERDELTAIDOL:
swallow the truth in peace.

Same to you.
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by BRATISLAVA: 1:26pm On Nov 28, 2022
ogascomax:

Lol.

Your vexation is funny. It is the Rolex nowadays.

This world cup has been overshadowed by religious and needles gender issues. Offended hosts who agreed to host, but now everything is an insult and offense to them; offended participants who came to champion rainbow rights in order to get offended and not really watch the matches, forgetting where they went to watch it.

All this policing only results in more divisions.

1 Like

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by BRATISLAVA: 1:29pm On Nov 28, 2022
etrouble:
Football should be devoid of politics

Since BLM it became impossible. Now everything is permissible. If black people can, why not any other movement? Very soon Zionists will want recognition on the pitch.

2 Likes

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by snoopz: 1:43pm On Nov 28, 2022
The yorubas will say greeting is not attitude.
This same country fighting racism is openly practicing racism, when england won 6 2 skysports used grealish's face as the poster boy despite the fact that Saka scored 2 and other players that scored were black then when they played draw guess whose picture was used as poster boy, Saka.
The funny thing is someone predicted England will use a black man once the 3 lions didn't get the desired result

1 Like

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by DAMN99: 1:58pm On Nov 28, 2022
Buskynwa:

Fight against racism
What racism are you talking about? Cos the english are one of the most racist people in the world

1 Like

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by AfonjaPriest: 2:12pm On Nov 28, 2022
etrange:

Thank you for making that comment. I could not even make nonsense out of the OP's write-up. It was sheer waste of effort that ended up in the rubbish bin. Good riddance!
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:32am On Nov 29, 2022
etrange:

For your information, I did not write the "write-up" and if you have issues with the "write-up" why don't you take it up with them?
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by etrange: 2:41am On Nov 29, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

For your information, I did not write the "write-up" and if you have issues with the "write-up" why don't you take it up with them?

etrange:

As you can see in the comment you quoted, my comment makes it clear I wasn't referring to whoever you are but the person that wrote the article for the blog. So what exactly are you firing back at? Take it up with who? You brought it here on Nairaland, so I made my comment on Nairaland. If I had gone to thier side to read it, I would have made my comment there. The only reason why you're getting emotional about my comment is because you brought the article here, so you feel responsible in a way. Maybe you could look for a better blog next time.
Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29am On Nov 29, 2022
etrange:

As you can see in the comment you quoted, my comment makes it clear I wasn't referring to whoever you are but the person that wrote the article for the blog. So what exactly are you firing back at? Take it up with who? You brought it here on Nairaland, so I made my comment on Nairaland. If I had gone to thier side to read it, I would have made my comment there. The only reason why you're getting emotional about my comment is because you brought the article here, so you feel responsible in a way. Maybe you could look for a better blog next time.

Oh I see! Your grouse is against right leaning articles that go against your woke liberal ideology - except for the fact that you are being disingenuous. Let's dissect your said comment and see what you are not admitting:

etrange:

Just a feedback, OP: Did you notice how your readers couldn't really connect with the article? One said "who cares" probably cause they have no idea what the whole thing is about, and the other was asking what the gesture means. That's exactly how 'disconnected' your write-up is.

This shows that you were stretching the truth when you said you were referring to the writer of the article. What part of this comment of yours referred to the writer of the article? How is it my fault that you and your clueless readers (especially those who like your post), couldn't fathom what the OP is all about and yet you not only clicked on the post but took the time to object to the article you do not understand?

etrange:

You were inclined to score points for your personal opinion so much so that you ended up forgetting the primary goal which is informing. You left out important explanations and started arguing right away. Yet even your argument is watery. I'm sure that only those who knew the 'story' before now would read your article and understand it at once.

Where and when was I scoring points for my personal opinion? You said that my argument is watery and yet it is you arguing with yourself. Here you are arguing with yourself by building a Strawman. cheesy I hope you and your woke followers who liked your post wake up and smell the coffee. undecided

etrange:

I knew you only added this as an after-thought since you've probably realised you've been barking up the wrong tree. cool

1 Like

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by rumenase(m): 10:54am On Nov 29, 2022
Buskynwa:

Fight against racism
same hypocrites that hurled abuses at saka and co during the last Euros. How pathetic

1 Like

Re: England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead by etrange: 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Oh I see! Your grouse is against right leaning articles that go against your woke liberal ideology - except for the fact that you are being disingenuous. Let's dissect your said comment and see what you are not admitting:

This shows that you were stretching the truth when you said you were referring to the writer of the article. What part of this comment of yours referred to the writer of the article? How is it my fault that you and your clueless readers (especially those who like your post), couldn't fathom what the OP is all about and yet you not only clicked on the post but took the time to object to the article you do not understand?

Where and when was I scoring points for my personal opinion? You said that my argument is watery and yet it is you arguing with yourself. Here you are arguing with yourself by building a Strawman. cheesy I hope you and your woke followers who liked your post wake up and smell the coffee. undecided

I knew you only added this as an after-thought since you've probably realised you've been barking up the wrong tree. cool

Lol... Nairaland people. So you really prefer to type all this instead of just taking the feedback in good fate? And you think I'd sit down and be reading another gibberish? Dude, the article you shared was poorly written; so poorly that people could hardly understand it. The number of people that liked or shared the comment I made only goes to show that what I said was more factual than opinionated. I really don't know why you're getting so emotional over my comment. But then again, it's Nairaland.

Enjoy yourself, buddy! Ciao !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Victor Moses Gets Married To Long Time Partner In Private Ceremony / Benjamin Mendy Has A Football Pitch In His House / Why FIFA Is Investigating Croatia, Nigeria Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.