Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos (51403 Views)

England Team Kneels Before Kickoff, But Look At What Team USA Did Instead / Meet Francisca Mlumun Ordega, The No.2 Richest Female Footballer In Nigeria: . / Anthonia Abisola: Female Footballer Shows Her Football Skills Online (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by PrettyCrystal: 8:04am On Jul 30, 2018
An outrage has been sparked by internet users over a trending video of Nigeria U20 women team kneeling down to collect their match entitlements. In the video footage, one of the female players knelt down before the Minister of Youth and Sports, Mr. Solomon Dalung and other officials as she counted the money paid to her.

The video has got many talking with many blasting the minister and other officials for allowing the players to kneel but others have argued that the players might have just knelt down out of their own will considering that the minister and the officials were sitting down.

See how they reacted below;

Meanwhile, Nigeria U20 women team defeated Austria’s Frauenliga side FC Wacker Innsbruck 4-0 to wrap up their preparations on Saturday for next month's U20 Women’s World Cup in France.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/nigerian-u20-players-kneel-to-collect-their-entitlements.html

Watch video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUNc8iV97EE

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by izzou(m): 8:05am On Jul 30, 2018
sad

People kneel down when nobody compels them.

Some tribes kneel down to greet someone older. I dont think that's wrong. Even some of the players are sitting down sef. And how come pictures of only this player was taken? What about the others? Didnt they kneel too? undecided

Unless she was compelled to kneel before getting paid, i see nothing wrong with that.

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by Crocky23: 8:06am On Jul 30, 2018
This is shameful, I mean who is the useless Dalung?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by Shelumiel: 8:07am On Jul 30, 2018
Seeing this makes me want to weep for Nigeria .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 30, 2018
What sort of nonsense is this?

Must Nigeria always be in the news for evil?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by Kharol1234: 8:12am On Jul 30, 2018
e b like say dem d grls b yoruba's u no say yoruba get respect wel wel dats y dey knelt down to take der pay

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by pizzylee(m): 8:22am On Jul 30, 2018
I won't be suprised if nobody forced them to kneel

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by elgramz: 8:23am On Jul 30, 2018
Our sports minister's brain is not Y2K compliant grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by Partnerbiz3: 8:27am On Jul 30, 2018
izzou:
sad

Some tribes kneel down to greet someone older. I dont think that's wrong. Even some of the players are sitting down sef. And how come pictures of only this player was taken? What about the others? Didnt they kneel too? undecided

Unless she was compelled to kneel before getting paid, i see nothing wrong with that.

I am appalled that you saw nothing wrong in this.

This their entitlement for crying out loud. It's no charity, even if it was, a sane person would have asked them to stand up.

This is condemnable into

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by Nightmareo07: 8:34am On Jul 30, 2018
cry
Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by izzou(m): 8:38am On Jul 30, 2018
Partnerbiz3:

I am appalled that you saw nothing wrong in this.

This their entitlement for crying out loud. It's no charity, even if it was, a sane person would have asked them to stand up.

This is condemnable into

Dont just jump into conclusions. Yes, our politicians and leaders can be heartless, but judge with facts.

Like i said, is there a picture of another player kneeling down to collect any money? NO. If hers could be taken multiple times, why is there no other one from another player?

Secondly, some tribes in Nigeria kneel down to greet people or show appreciation. Or dont you know about that?

If she was not compelled to kneel down, then Dalung has done absolutely nothing wrong. Unless i see a picture of others kneeling down to do the same, this is another production from the stable of lies

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by blues343(m): 9:21am On Jul 30, 2018
We Nigerians Its Normal
Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by mytime24(f): 11:40am On Jul 30, 2018
Minister of united state of nigeria undecided
Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by queensera(f): 2:43pm On Jul 30, 2018
mytime24:
Minister of united state of nigeria undecided
Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by Emmafe(m): 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
No good news for this shithole country ni

Check my signature for Samsung sales
Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by BruncleZuma: 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
grin
Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by Vornic: 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2018
Issa Shithole sad
Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by madgoat(m): 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2018
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by Nairalandmentor(m): 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2018
Hmmm,
Are you still looking for a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.
Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by greatman247(m): 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2018
Hahahahaha its over in Nigeria I swear down grin
Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by hisexcellency34: 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2018
Find out now na Afonja she go be. Igbo gal will never stoop this low

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by flyca: 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2018
izzou:
sad

First of all, why are they being paid in cash?

The answer is - Ego massage.

Why not give them the dignity of sending their allawnces to their bank accounts? See how he is smiling sheepishly as the girls count their money. Typical of slave-master relationship.

The rest of your arguement is floored.

Everyday, a new low in Nigeria. Shame on Dalung! Shmane on all you supporters of evil.

izzou:
A lot of you can't make your points known without being so emotional
The topic is about her kneeling down to collect her entitlements. Who talked about paying in cash now?
NFF is on twitter. You can mention them to find out why

And I wasn't even arguing so I don't understand what you floored.
Your head is blocked!

You argued that the girls could be kneeling down on their own will. I'm saying it can't be. It was carefully thought out and planned and executed so that Dalung and his cohorts will make the girls feel like and know that he is their master doing them a favor by paying their wages!

If they were kneeling voluntarily, why can't a humble and humane Minster ask them to sit down "that they must have been very tired" undecided
That's how responsible adults will put it!

Abi chair don finish for the whole arena where they were?

Again, Shame on you!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by Majesticniyi(m): 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2018
Nigerian youths are mostly stupid, aswear! I wonder how anybody with half a brain would not see that the players were in positions comfortable for them. I wouldn't be surprised if she was previously squatting and to be more comfortable, knelt. Our 'future' leaders would allow themselves to be swayed by foolish opinions and write-ups...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Female Footballer Kneels To Collect Her Entitlements. Photos by akanbiebenezer(m): 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2018
9ja sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Celebrates His 33rd Birthday Showing His Cake (picture) / Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo / Nigeria Vs South Africa: U23 AFCON (0 - 0) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.