Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? (9159 Views)

The Impact Of Benny Hinn’s Rejection Of The Prosperity Gospel In Africa / Who Really Benefits From Nigeria's 'prosperity Gospel'? (BBC News) / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 3:23am On Nov 29, 2022
BRATISLAVA:
After denouncing, did they restitute? If they didn't, they aren't really repentant.
In the Kingdom of God, restitution is not the law ---it is instead of the Old Covenant. Instead, those who wish to enter into the Narrow Gate which leads to True Life aks Jesus Christ are required to sell it all and give it all away to the poor in order to gain the treasure that is Heaven and also have treasure in Heaven. Without this, no man gain access to the Narrow Gate which leads to Heaven at the end and Jesus Christ is that gate. undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by phemmyfour: 4:49am On Nov 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Prosperity gospel which is of the doctrines and traditions of your mogs and pastors is a scam among all other scams out there masquerading as the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. undecided
You still did not define prosperity gospel
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 5:07am On Nov 29, 2022
phemmyfour:
You still did not define prosperity gospel
In today's age, a simple search on google will give you the one definition there is to that. So, skip past the attempt to assign it a new meaning when it's meaning is clear to all the world. undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by mployer(m): 5:20am On Nov 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ said those who are His followers are no longer to work for food that perishes but instead for food that endures to eternity - John 6 vs 25 - 35 - and that work has to do with believing in Him. Juxtapose the doctrines and traditions fed you by your pastors and mogs, with that which is the Truth as taught by Jesus Christ and it is bound to dawn on you - at least for those discerning- that what God said about His own prospering has absolutely nothing to do with the conclusions reached by your pastors and mogs. undecided

Keep making excuses for your financial lack.

All the friends of God in the Bible were prosperous. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, job, David, Joseph, Daniel e.t.c
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by FireUpNow(m): 5:21am On Nov 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It is wrong to tell another to follow the example of Jesus Christ because Jesus Christ Himself instead taught that those who belong to Him are instead those who do as He commands - John 14 vs 15 - 25. So when you tell people to do instead as Jesus Christ did, you contravene Jesus Christ and that is sin against God. undecided

2. All of your pastors and mogs are the thieves who Jesus Christ warned come to steal, kill and destroy using His name. undecided
Doing as Jesus did and following his command are they not interwoven? Like I said my opinion do not encourage you or anyone to do as those pastors and mogs do. So I remain resolute in what I say. You call the pastores thieves as you want and these people are not my pastors. Go and ahead and be committed to following his commands and be upright.
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 5:29am On Nov 29, 2022
mployer:
1. Keep making excuses for your financial lack.

3. All the friends of God in the Bible were prosperous. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, job, David, Joseph, Daniel e.t.c
1. What financial lack would you be referring to? undecided

You think those who don't buy into the delusions you have been fed suffer financial lack? Look around you, not even 2% of the financial power of this world exists in the hands if churchians. That ought to enlighten you as to how very foolish it is to buy into this lie you stake your soul to. undecided

2. Jesus Christ made if abundantly clear to you that He did not come to call you to any Kingdom that is of this world as Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, job, David,etc., were called. Instead, Jesus Christ called His followers to a different Kingdom, a Kingdom not of this world, where those who wish to belong to Him are instead required to abandon everything and give all away in order to earn the treasure that is Heaven. You delude yourself if you think you can take it all with you. undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 5:35am On Nov 29, 2022
FireUpNow:
1. Doing as Jesus did and following his command are they not interwoven?

2. Like I said my opinion do not encourage you or anyone to do as those pastors and mogs do. So I remain resolute in what I say. You call the pastores thieves as you want and these people are not my pastors. Go and ahead and be committed to following his commands and be upright.
1. I am afraid they are not. Jesus Christ lived His life in continuous submission and obedience to God's Old Law of Moses ---- the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan, a kingdom in this world. However, Jesus Christ calls His followers to live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to His own teachings and commandments, the Law and Gospel of the Kingdom of God --- a kingdom that is not of this world. So you see there are here two different Laws and separate ends to each. undecided

2. Those who love Jesus Christ are those who obey His teachings and commandments, this what Jesus Christ said. undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by phemmyfour: 5:39am On Nov 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
In today's age, a simple search on google will give you the one definition there is to that. So, skip past the attempt to assign it a new meaning when it's meaning is clear to all the world. undecided
lol...he chicken out grin
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by CodeTemplar: 6:06am On Nov 29, 2022
atheistconverta:
Who asked you about kinds of prosperity or are you talking to yourself? The question is if the 'prosperity' gospel is a scam not kinds of prosperity that no one asked you. Except you have you something you're trying to hide.
There is no single version of any doctrine. Different people with different interpretations exist. Creflo dollars and Hinn believes largely in one dimensional prosperity of the physical and thus served people a "leavened bread" for so long. Oyedepo preaches the all round one of body spirit and soul. One that doesn't promote magical wealth of "give me and receive with interest" promises. But give your life, time, and all unto God and be blessed body spirit soul.
Log out and log back in pls...lol
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by mployer(m): 6:15am On Nov 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. What financial lack would you be referring to? undecided

You think those who don't buy into the delusions you have been fed suffer financial lack? Look around you, not even 2% of the financial power of this world exists in the hands if churchians. That ought to enlighten you as to how very foolish it is to buy into this lie you stake your soul to. undecided

2. Jesus Christ made if abundantly clear to you that He did not come to call you to any Kingdom that is of this world as Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, job, David,etc., were called. Instead, Jesus Christ called His followers to a different Kingdom, a Kingdom not of this world, where those who wish to belong to Him are instead required to abandon everything and give all away in order to earn the treasure that is Heaven. You delude yourself if you think you can take it all with you. undecided

Broke man don drop quote. cheesy

Even Jesus himself wasn't broke. He was so rich that he Fed five thousand people at a time.
He cared about their natural wellbeing as well as their spiritual wellbeing.
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by CodeTemplar: 6:19am On Nov 29, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Mentor denier... Why not answer the simple question to prove he's not really your mentor?
There is nothing like the word of Jesus in isolation. It is your Otumokpor brain that's giving you a false holier than thou attitude. From your signature, it is clear you are not a Christian really but a wannabe christian who thinks he is projecting the words of Jesus over the words of God the Father. Even Jesus while in flesh fulfilled the words of the father and embraced them wholly, so I wonder who you think you are to project Gods word that came through Jesus' words above every other Gods words.

If your brain cannot see the oneness in the entire bible, then Otumokpor or charms/enchantments is better than your brain in reasoning power indices. Your IQ is below demonic IQ then.

For record purpose, here is your signature:
BEFORE YOU LIKE OR FOLLOW ME, FIRST BE INFORMED THAT THE WORD OF GOD WHICH I OBSERVE AND TEACH MEN TO OBSERVE IS NOT THE BIBLE, BUT JESUS AND HIS TEACHINGS IN OBEDIENCE TO HIS COMMANDMENT IN MATTHEW 28:19-20. SO YOU DON'T LATER REGRET IT. TANX

1 Like

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 6:29am On Nov 29, 2022
mployer:
Broke man don drop quote. cheesy

1. Even Jesus himself wasn't broke. He was so rich that he Fed five thousand people at a time.

2. He cared about their natural wellbeing as well as their spiritual wellbeing.
1. So what you are saying is that when Jesus Christ is instead written to have fed five thousand with just five loaves and two fishes , that was all a lie? undecided

2. Jesus Christ of course cared about the wellbeing of His followers and for this reason, He informed them to depend, not on their pockets or jobs or careers or businesses --- which they are meant to abandon in order to become His followers much like the disciples had to----, but on the Father to provide them with what to eat, what to drink, what to wear - what they need to live. undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by BRATISLAVA: 7:44am On Nov 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
In the Kingdom of God, restitution is not the law ---it is instead of the Old Covenant. Instead, those who wish to enter into the Narrow Gate which leads to True Life aks Jesus Christ are required to sell it all and give it all away to the poor in order to gain the treasure that is Heaven and also have treasure in Heaven. Without this, no man gain access to the Narrow Gate which leads to Heaven at the end and Jesus Christ is that gate. undecided

Restitution is important. Even human laws demand it.

Everyone will be happy to commit crimes/sins and afterwards live fat on it if there's no restitution. They feel what they did was illegal, so let them make amends financially, after all, they conned people out of their money.

Restitution is the way to go about it, otherwise these pastors aren't sorry. Counting on grace so iniquity may abound isn't wisdom for them.

1 Like

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Fairview1: 10:49am On Nov 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You are one of the pastors and mogs ruling the lives of people with lies you sell them using the name of God, right? undecided

No comrade. I am not and never wish to be. I love seeing and analysing business models, churches inclusive. Many of the pastors are nothing other than Motivational speakers, who make money through charging their members from teaching inspirational messages.
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 2:13pm On Nov 29, 2022
BRATISLAVA:
Restitution is important. Even human laws demand it.

Everyone will be happy to commit crimes/sins and afterwards live fat on it if there's no restitution. They feel what they did was illegal, so let them make amends financially, after all, they conned people out of their money.

Restitution is the way to go about it, otherwise these pastors aren't sorry. Counting on grace so iniquity may abound isn't wisdom for them.
Restitution is not God's commmand to us. And doing that which is not commended by God amounts to vanity and does not bring one forgiveness nor honor God. If your intention is to have the pastors to be forgiven only of men then maybe but as God has it, no man can enter into His Heaven without doing instead as He commands.. undecided

Grace simply refers to Eternal life and nowhere did Jesus Christ in fact tell any of His disciples that It saves anyone. Every single one of those who will end up in Hell at the end also has grace(Eternal life) since only those who are born-again can gain access into the Kingdom of God where Heaven and Hell are both undecidedfound. undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by atheistconverta: 3:25pm On Nov 29, 2022
CodeTemplar:
There is nothing like the word of Jesus in isolation. It is your Otumokpor brain that's giving you a false holier than thou attitude. From your signature, it is clear you are not a Christian really but a wannabe christian who thinks he is projecting the words of Jesus over the words of God the Father. Even Jesus while in flesh fulfilled the words of the father and embraced them wholly, so I wonder who you think you are to project Gods word that came through Jesus' words above every other Gods words.

If your brain cannot see the oneness in the entire bible, then Otumokpor or charms/enchantments is better than your brain in reasoning power indices. Your IQ is below demonic IQ then.

For record purpose, here is your signature:

How did you expect a swine being fed with the same scum that has produced ritual killers, native doctors (as the former 'pastor' of your church in this forum), atheists, thieves, cheats, fraudster, crooks etc. would be able to discern the quality of Jesus' teachings? As an antichrist in the order of the Pharisees, it's not surprising you'd hate the Words of Jesus with so much passion, because it brings your evil works and thoughts of your heart to light, so it's not really someone else you're arguing blindly with, but Jesus who Himself gave His disciples this very commandment to teach men to specifically keep His Word. Matthew 28:20 The signature is actually meant to repel swines like yourself who anti-Jesus' Words.
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by atheistconverta: 3:36pm On Nov 29, 2022
CodeTemplar:

There is no single version of any doctrine. Different people with different interpretations exist. Creflo dollars and Hinn believes largely in one dimensional prosperity of the physical and thus served people a "leavened bread" for so long. Oyedepo preaches the all round one of body spirit and soul. One that doesn't promote magical wealth of "give me and receive with interest" promises. But give your life, time, and all unto God and be blessed body spirit soul.
Log out and log back in pls...lol
Lol! Look at this hypocrite calling kettle black but at the same time trying to beautify and paint the pot as shown below with another colour because it's where he eats his own from. You're truly a hopeless irredeemable clown.

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Aemmyjah(m): 3:08am On Nov 30, 2022
That 'gospel' was never based on scriptures and it promotes greed and not a spiritual friendship with God which is the core of the scriptures

Jesus asked is to pray, not for riches, but for daily bread
The bible urges christian to give with a cheerful heart

For those who promote such Gospel, read Proverbs 30:8,9 to them
They are always shocked

1 Like

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by HelpYourself(m): 10:20am On Dec 07, 2022
Ionkidiz:
boss please drop your number for me

I have replied to your mail

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Entering A Terrible Convenant With Satan By Singing Dorobucci / Atheist Professor, Bruce Grindal, Witnesses Man Raised From The Dead. / Picture Of Pastor Tb Joshua Playing Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.