Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? (9121 Views)

The Impact Of Benny Hinn’s Rejection Of The Prosperity Gospel In Africa / Who Really Benefits From Nigeria's 'prosperity Gospel'? (BBC News) / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by CaptainFM1: 9:20am On Nov 27, 2022
There's no better scam than it!

Watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhSn3tDIYZc

1 Like

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Jokerman(m): 9:22am On Nov 27, 2022
Prosperity is God's gift to his Children.

However, it's not thr most important stuff a man needs... Matthew 4:4
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by HomeTutorsPro: 9:27am On Nov 27, 2022
Too bad people will keep following religious leaders blindly.
After collecting people's money and becoming stinkingly rich, they decided it's time to tell the truth.
We'll know they've truly repented when they sell all they have gathered and give the money to the poor.
Until then, it's still audio repentance.

Even with this, pastors will still cash out big time using the prosperity gospel.
Until the pastor of a church says it's a scam, members of that church will never use their heads.

True freedom begins the day you break free from the bondage of religion.
Then and only then will you discover your God and connect with Him gainfully.

2 Likes

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:30am On Nov 27, 2022
If I read the Bible/Koran and come up with 'a unique' interpretation, and I speak loudly of my conviction, eventually I would have followers, how fanatic they are is totally up to me!

For the most part, people don't want to do the thinking themselves,

1 Like

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by tctrills: 9:33am On Nov 27, 2022
kerry57:
Leave it to Baba God to judge. I use my brain and the discerning of the spirit in church matters whenever I am to take a decision and leave judgement to God.

This have always been my guide since my knowledge of good and bad as a human.

It's better we talk about it and do all we can to save people from this scam. Churches have become schemes to enrich pastors while promising the congratulation of a wealth that never comes to pass.

2 Likes

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 27, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
For me it has never been in question ever since I began to walk with God closely, because I have always thought the prosperity gospel was a scam and a fraud and have been preaching against it passionately for decades up til date, so the denouncement of the gospel by Benny Hinn and Creflo Dollar of recent was only a confirmation of the view I've always held.

I can remember over fifteen years ago, a friend of mine who knew well how passionately I preached against that doctrine, brought a printed donation slip of Benny Jinn ministries which contained some of the doctrines' ideas, as if to tell me that that if someone like Benny Hinn could preach such, then who am I?

Fast forward about fifteen years later, the same Benny Hinn would come out to also denounce such ideas of the doctrine as contained in that donation slip and apologized for them.

That proved that it's not about who's wealthy or well-respected or popular, but who's saying the truth.

It also proves that such church leaders are not inerrant, and they could yet be misleading many souls.

Imagine how many souls have been misled by Benny Hinn and Creflo Dollar when they were preaching it for decades, considering how influential they were in the Christendom?

I wonder what my friend thinks now that the same person he looked up to had dumped the 'prosperity' doctrine he believed in.

That's why it's important to follow Christ instead of men even though they be true men of God.

God bless.
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by TooMuchStuff: 9:38am On Nov 27, 2022
Yu
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by HomeTutorsPro: 9:38am On Nov 27, 2022
Cutehector:
Any church that only helps her members is a cult.
Every church is a cult.
So are mosques, shrines, political parties, age grades, associations and every other group that holds certain beliefs and ideologies, and have a common and unique method of doing things.
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by HomeTutorsPro: 9:44am On Nov 27, 2022
tctrills:

It's better we talk about it and do all we can to save people from this scam. Churches have become schemes to enrich pastors while promising the congratulation of a wealth that never comes to pass.

Unfortunately, some people have become brilliantly dumb that nothing is true except it's authenticated by their pastors.
I hope they get saved though.
It's getting increasingly very difficult to make money, especially in Nigeria.
Seeing people get ripped off of their money in the name of religion gives me a lot of concern.
But the greedy pastors relish the ignorance of their followers and keep collecting from them with lies, bogus promises, threats, and whatever method they can think of.
SAD!!!

3 Likes

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by phemmyfour: 9:46am On Nov 27, 2022
Gospel is encompassing.... nothing like prosperity gospel

Jesus taught on all manners of topics. We should be more concern about sound teaching.

1 Like

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by damoobaba: 9:50am On Nov 27, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam?

Some of the richest, most respected and most followed church leaders in the world, who have been preaching the so-called 'prosperity' gospel passionately and resolutely for decades have come out in recent times to denounce the gospel as a scam.

First it was Benny Hinn who openly came out to denounce the gospel and apologized for misleading many with it for such a long time. He said he was misled himself by some preachers of the gospel, but he has come to realize that it's a gospel which grieves the Holy Spirit because it's not of God but of the devil.

He gave an instances instances of people coming to him and telling him that it didn't work for them as he had said and he'd be feeling guilty because he was the one that sold that scam to them.
He said he didn't care what anyone made of his repentance and if they stopped inviting him to preach in their churches as a result because he was only concerned about doing what's right in God's sight.

Now it is Creflo Dollar who came out earlier this year to denounce the same doctrine and asked anyone with his tapes he preached on that doctrine to thrash it because it was not of God.

His was even more shocking because his preaching of the 'prosperity gospel' was much more aggressive and deeply rooted than that of Benny Hinn, so for such a man who was so sure of himself about that doctrine that he would preach it for several decades unashamedly, and even go to the extent of deriding and mocking those who preached against such a doctrine, to now damn the consequences ans say he was wrong all along was not something many saw coming.

Now it's not just Benny Hinn and Creflo Dollar that have thrashed the gospel of 'properity', because there are several others who have also come out to denounce it over the years but the two of them appear to be the pick of the bunch.

So the question is, are they right that the prosperity gospel is a scam?

Before you answer the question, please first bear in mind that these two are arguably the richest church leaders with the highest following in the world, men who have inspired more Christians worldwide than most, so they're not just local champions, so that the lame excuse of being poor and having a poverty mentality so not qualified to speak on this subject is not applicable, because these men have tried and tasted of it for decades, but they came to the conclusion that the 'prosperity' gospel was a scam.

So do you think they're right?

God bless.

We are followers of Christ, not followers of men. If the Bible says it's then it's right but if the Bible says it's wrong then it's wrong. Let the word of God guide your decision.
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 27, 2022
Watch this video to see the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTfKpAWkgJY
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Handsum64: 9:55am On Nov 27, 2022
Biggest scam
African pastors have been cashing out on

1 Like

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Truefaith: 9:56am On Nov 27, 2022
Vhv
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by mployer(m): 10:00am On Nov 27, 2022
.... whatever he does he shall prosper.
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by gworldomer: 10:05am On Nov 27, 2022
BIG SCAM

1 Like

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by A1kennedy(m): 10:10am On Nov 27, 2022
What is a prosperity gospel??
If it's not gospel of the truth, then it's a scam.
Gospel of the truth: The good news!

2 Likes

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Emperor88(m): 10:23am On Nov 27, 2022
The entire gospel and even religion itself is scam....
. Nigeria is a big proof

1 Like

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Emperor88(m): 10:25am On Nov 27, 2022
kerry57:
Leave it to Baba God to judge. I use my brain and the discerning of the spirit in church matters whenever I am to take a decision and leave judgement to God.

This have always been my guide since my knowledge of good and bad as a human.
Is there anyone who doesn't have the knowledge of good or bad? Be it a Buddhist, Muslim or Atheist....Do you have the knowledge of good than an irreligious Chinese or Japanese?
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Sterope(f): 10:27am On Nov 27, 2022
Yes. I had classmates that believed that a Christ filled person cannot be poor.

I am not even a Christian but the core of Abrahimic religions is about obedience to God's words and how that is linked to paradise and hell.

3 Likes

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Emperor88(m): 10:29am On Nov 27, 2022
Zionmdde:

You are 100% correct
He was made poor that we through his poverty might become rich
People think that prosperity is all about about money, they don't realise that health, peace, progress, joy etc are all included in the package
It's not also all about sowing and reaping but that God will provide all our needs according to his riches in glory
Out of all this things you mentioned which one does Nigeria have despite being one of the most prayerful and most religious country in the world?

1 Like

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by MyExpression(m): 10:36am On Nov 27, 2022
Listen attentively to Nigerian pastors.
Covid-19 changed the game.

They are now preaching Diligence and hardwork.

They've doubled down on Grace and Faith teachings.

1 Like

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by kareemkamil(m): 10:50am On Nov 27, 2022
Completely dude & scam
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Zionmdde: 11:05am On Nov 27, 2022
Emperor88:

Out of all this things you mentioned which one does Nigeria have despite being one of the most prayerful and most religious country in the world?
Nigeria is not the most religious country in the world

Moreover Nigerians are solely responsible for the useless leaders they elect

2 Likes

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Juell(m): 11:06am On Nov 27, 2022
Realists:

It's a fact that the real Christianity died when Jesus son of Mary left earth, of all the books in the Bible none was written by the disciples but the unknown authors claimed " according to Peter or Paul" which means in second person, even a Biography is written better than a Bible for it's direct not a hearsay. This the reason why the Holy Quran is supreme and why Islam is the fastest growing religion on earth for it has passed all the test of time in it's originality from Almighty Allah. Kindly google more about the miracle of Quran, I bet you will become a Muslim after that, for the truth is too glaring.
We're here discussing issues concerning Christians and you came out your cave to compare the Holy word of God to that incoherent book called the quaran, that's just a hearsay of what Mohammed heard from his Christian friends. The same Mohammed that said he doesn't know where he's going to after he dies? Islam is indeed fast growing in your dreams.

3 Likes

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by TheMostComplex1: 11:23am On Nov 27, 2022
God1000:
Men of God should start preaching salvation

WILL THEY AGREE BECAUSE THEY ARE SCARED THAT THEIR MEMBERS WILL LEAVE THE CHURCH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by dact4u(m): 11:32am On Nov 27, 2022
Recieve sense in Jesus name

Oya Let's settle this once & for all - which do you pray/wish for? cheesy

LIKE for Prosperity
SHARE for Poverty [/quote]
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by SeriouslySense(m): 11:57am On Nov 27, 2022
grin grin Its better to stay at home, than to go to a church where everyone is in competition to show who is wealthy.

I notice that in the church my family attends is about connections, people want to be connected to the rich in Nigeria grin grin grin

HomeTutorsPro:
Too bad people will keep following religious leaders blindly.
After collecting people's money and becoming stinkingly rich, they decided it's time to tell the truth.
We'll know they've truly repented when they sell all they have gathered and give the money to the poor.
Until then, it's still audio repentance.

Even with this, pastors will still cash out big time using the prosperity gospel.
Until the pastor of a church says it's a scam, members of that church will never use their heads.

True freedom begins the day you break free from the bondage of religion.
Then and only then will you discover your God and connect with Him gainfully.
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by seunfly: 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2022
Porverty is not part of God's promises however mordern materialism gospel is as a result capitalist mindset of Americans which was indoctrinated in church true pastorprenuer. Unfortunately mordern pastors has abandoned true gospel and adopted American capitalist gospel.
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Fairview1: 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2022
It's not scam, in as much as it inspires you to make more money and return 10% to them. There's nothing wrong with that.

Sometimes I wish they can run our country like they run the new generational churches. Preach the gospel, inspire and motivate people to work harder, make more money and return 10% of whatsoever they made and then judiciously use the money to promote and project nation building through building quality education institutions
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by CodeTemplar: 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam?

Some of the richest, most respected and most followed church leaders in the world, who have been preaching the so-called 'prosperity' gospel passionately and resolutely for decades have come out in recent times to denounce the gospel as a scam.

First it was Benny Hinn who openly came out to denounce the gospel and apologized for misleading many with it for such a long time. He said he was misled himself by some preachers of the gospel, but he has come to realize that it's a gospel which grieves the Holy Spirit because it's not of God but of the devil.

He gave an instances instances of people coming to him and telling him that it didn't work for them as he had said and he'd be feeling guilty because he was the one that sold that scam to them.
He said he didn't care what anyone made of his repentance and if they stopped inviting him to preach in their churches as a result because he was only concerned about doing what's right in God's sight.

Now it is Creflo Dollar who came out earlier this year to denounce the same doctrine and asked anyone with his tapes he preached on that doctrine to thrash it because it was not of God.

His was even more shocking because his preaching of the 'prosperity gospel' was much more aggressive and deeply rooted than that of Benny Hinn, so for such a man who was so sure of himself about that doctrine that he would preach it for several decades unashamedly, and even go to the extent of deriding and mocking those who preached against such a doctrine, to now damn the consequences ans say he was wrong all along was not something many saw coming.

Now it's not just Benny Hinn and Creflo Dollar that have thrashed the gospel of 'properity', because there are several others who have also come out to denounce it over the years but the two of them appear to be the pick of the bunch.

So the question is, are they right that the prosperity gospel is a scam?

Before you answer the question, please first bear in mind that these two are arguably the richest church leaders with the highest following in the world, men who have inspired more Christians worldwide than most, so they're not just local champions, so that the lame excuse of being poor and having a poverty mentality so not qualified to speak on this subject is not applicable, because these men have tried and tasted of it for decades, but they came to the conclusion that the 'prosperity' gospel was a scam.

So do you think they're right?

God bless.
prosperity is when something prospers. For those obsessed with money, getting more of it irrespective of what happens(killing stealing destroying) is all that matters to them. For others, getting money while your health health, soul and spirit improves without breaking Gods law is prosperity(I belong here).
Prosperity is a vague term many are forcefully trying to give singular meaning. It cannot work.
Even the bible talks about the prosperity of the wicked but clearly let's us see that it doesn't last beyond their lifetime on earth and creates destruction, loss, and death behind.
God wishes his children prosperity, growth of the spirit and renewing of soul simultaneously. The difference between ungodly prosperity and godly one is that ungodly prosperity sacrifices spirit and soul prosperity to achieve temporal or earthly prosperity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... / You Better Learn How To Pray / Popular Present Day Pastors U Know Found In Hell By Divine Revelation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.