Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Low Interest In Data Analysis By Aspiring Programmers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Low Interest In Data Analysis By Aspiring Programmers (596 Views)

Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer / Aspiring Programmers Come In Lets Discuss / Dear Seun You Are Letting Aspiring Programmers Down! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Low Interest In Data Analysis By Aspiring Programmers by ConsciousMan01: 8:46am On Nov 27, 2022
Morning house! Have been a fan of I.T for quite a while now, and have been following the programming section of this forum.
But as an aspiring data analyst (stopped learning because of lack of good PC, hoping to get one soon.) am stunned by the low interest in data analysis by fellow aspiring programmers or newbies Interested in I.T

Most of the threads created here are all about software engineering and web development, which are relatively harder to get into compared to data analysis..aside "chronicles of a data analyst" created by ejiod (which have been of massive help) you will hardly find data analysis thread here.

Despite being the easiest I.T skills one can get into, since python being the hardest skill to learn in it( excel, tableau, SQL and R/python) am surprised about the low turnout of interest in it.

So I'm curious if there is something discouraging about data analysis, or most programmers don't know about it because of it low demand compared to software engineering and web development
Re: Low Interest In Data Analysis By Aspiring Programmers by airsaylongcome: 8:48am On Nov 27, 2022
Low demand, especially local demand.

3 Likes

Re: Low Interest In Data Analysis By Aspiring Programmers by ConsciousMan01: 8:53am On Nov 27, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Low demand, especially local demand.
but how come there is low demand since virtually all companies now depends on data to run their organization?
Re: Low Interest In Data Analysis By Aspiring Programmers by LikeAking: 10:39am On Nov 27, 2022
ConsciousMan01:
Morning house! Have been a fan of I.T for quite a while now, and have been following the programming section of this forum.
But as an aspiring data analyst (stopped learning because of lack of good PC, hoping to get one soon.) am stunned by the low interest in data analysis by fellow aspiring programmers or newbies Interested in I.T

Most of the threads created here are all about software engineering and web development, which are relatively harder to get into compared to data analysis..aside "chronicles of a data analyst" created by ejiod (which have been of massive help) you will hardly find data analysis thread here.

Despite being the easiest I.T skills one can get into, since python being the hardest skill to learn in it( excel, tableau, SQL and R/python) am surprised about the low turnout of interest in it.

So I'm curious if there is something discouraging about data analysis, or most programmers don't know about it because of it low demand compared to software engineering and web development

Oga data A go put coders for box... As long as guys can code very well, they can easily switch to any field.. Data A will not enable people to build apps like MANG. Thats what guys are hunting for.
Re: Low Interest In Data Analysis By Aspiring Programmers by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:13am On Nov 27, 2022
There's actually more interest in data analysis than software development. There's presently a 138 ish page thread on data analysis but absolutely nothing for web or software or mobile. Almost every newbie I meet learning to code wants to learn python for data science or data analysis

3 Likes

Re: Low Interest In Data Analysis By Aspiring Programmers by mighty5050(m): 11:26am On Nov 27, 2022
I’m learning data science too. Please can we linkup somehow so as to assist ourselves.
Re: Low Interest In Data Analysis By Aspiring Programmers by ConsciousMan01: 11:38am On Nov 27, 2022
LikeAking:

Oga data A go put coders for box... As long as guys can code very well, they can easily switch to any field.. Data A will not enable people to build apps like MANG. Thats what guys are hunting for.

what do you mean@the bolded? but why are people more interested in web/app development when it's relatively harder than data analysis.
Re: Low Interest In Data Analysis By Aspiring Programmers by ConsciousMan01: 11:41am On Nov 27, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
There's actually more interest in data analysis than software development. There's presently a 138 ish page thread on data analysis but absolutely nothing for web or software or mobile. Almost every newbie I meet learning to code wants to learn python for data science or data analysis
really?? Just surprised that most threads being created here are mostly web/software development..and do you think it actually worth the time and effort to learn data analysis? And is there a demand for it in the freelancing world?
Re: Low Interest In Data Analysis By Aspiring Programmers by ConsciousMan01: 11:43am On Nov 27, 2022
mighty5050:
I’m learning data science too. Please can we linkup somehow so as to assist ourselves.
oh! have stopped learning for a while now, since I have problem with my laptop..but how do you think we can link up?
Re: Low Interest In Data Analysis By Aspiring Programmers by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:47am On Nov 27, 2022
ConsciousMan01:
really?? Just surprised that most threads being created here are mostly web/software development..and do you think it actually worth the time and effort to learn data analysis? And is there a demand for it in the freelancing world?

Honestly I don't even know what to say regarding the tech industry especially with the current recession. People should just learn what they want. People's grace is different. What can favour one person might not favour another and vice versa.

6 Likes

Re: Low Interest In Data Analysis By Aspiring Programmers by LikeAking: 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2022
ConsciousMan01:
what do you mean@the bolded? but why are people more interested in web/app development when it's relatively harder than data analysis.

Apart from data sc, wat else can data sc guys do?

Coding stuffs is very flexible... You can do lots of stuffs anytime.. Even data sc...
Re: Low Interest In Data Analysis By Aspiring Programmers by maker1234567: 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2022
I have been on data science basic for a while now. Am in ph but want to move to lagos where the real action is taking place. Pls i need a temporal place to stay. Most likely an accommadation i can share with someone. Budget is around 200k.
Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Did The Mods Take Down Truthcoder2's Report Of A Security Exploit He Carried Out / Please Help With The Best Resources To Learn Java For A Beginner / For Sale Macbook Pro 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.