Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,697 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name (69636 Views)

Court Freezes All Abia State Government Accounts In 27 Banks / Osun Assembly Replies Demola Adeleke On The Change Of The State's Name / Soldiers Calm ENDSARS Protesters As They Defy Osun Government Curfew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by daylaysongs: 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2022
Krak:
He is a Christian, but that does not actually matter. We need serious and proactive leadership.
i can bet you that this man is more of muslim than christian,if atall if he is christian self..the former governor of osun who is there family is a muslim...well religion as side,am just trying to answer is question which he said no muslim governor in southwest again.
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 27, 2022
funnix:

You guys are Hippocrates, a double-standard set of people . you will cry foul if it were to be the other way around, claiming stupid victims. Everything must revolve around.nonsence

I can imagine how red your face is with the spittle you were pouring everywhere when you typed this comment

When El-rufai changed the status quo of Kaduna state and chose a Muslim as deputy instead of a Christian, did you see any of us cry and wail?

Your Tinubu introduced a Muslim Muslim ticket, something that has never been done in the history of Nigeria, how will you eeejiits feel and react if it was a Christian Christian ticket?

Answer these questions without swallowing your tongue.

3 Likes

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by blaise26abj(m): 7:13pm On Nov 27, 2022
shanaka4u:
See this one. Does he have legal advisers? The change of name passed through a process at the state house of Assembly before it got changed so he cannot unilaterally change it like that. Moreso there is a pending matter in court as a person challenged the change of name and I think he won at the court of first instance and there is an Appeal. So the Governor lacks the power to unilaterally reverse the name but am sure the court will do that. I hope this man is not dull oooooo.
And as a governor he will withdraw the case from appeal and uphold the lower court judgement . Shikena . He doesn’t need advisers for that . It’s COMMON sense .

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by 43Ronin: 7:13pm On Nov 27, 2022
shanaka4u:
See this one. Does he have legal advisers? The change of name passed through a process at the state house of Assembly before it got changed so he cannot unilaterally change it like that. Moreso there is a pending matter in court as a person challenged the change of name and I think he won at the court of first instance and there is an Appeal. So the Governor lacks the power to unilaterally reverse the name but am sure the court will do that. I hope this man is not dull oooooo.
He doesn't lack the power. It's an executive order and can stand till his administration is over. The only difference is that with legislative approval, it bcoms full and final.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 27, 2022
Zonefree:

Nwa onye ara! grin

Is your mother.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by TruthHurts100: 7:18pm On Nov 27, 2022
I'm I shock. I never took Adeleke seriously. I'm impressed.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Zonefree(m): 7:19pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jovialjune1:

Is your mother.
You get?
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by AfonjaPriest: 7:20pm On Nov 27, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Adeleke-freezes-govt-accounts-reverses-state-name
Oyetola, the corrupt cousin of the drug lord criminal actually wanted to effect the lying in state of Osun in Osun state, so that he and his diaper-pooing cousin will forever be looting Osun state to her bone marrow. Now that the stakes have been altered, tell me who blinked first?
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by CBR100: 7:22pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jovialjune1:

I can imagine how red your face is with the spittle you were pouring everywhere when you typed this comment

When El-rufai changed the status quo of Kaduna state and chose a Muslim as deputy instead of a Christian, did you see any of us cry and wail?

Your Tinubu introduced a Muslim Muslim ticket, something that has never been done in the history of Nigeria, how will you eeejiits feel and react if it was a Christian Christian ticket?

Answer these questions without swallowing your tongue.

Now I see where the pain is coming from
Igbo jew hahahahahaha

BAT/SHETIMA 2023

5 Likes

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by drololaaof: 7:24pm On Nov 27, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Adeleke-freezes-govt-accounts-reverses-state-name
Thanks for the reversal of name to Osun state. It was a creation of Aregbe,what has happened to all opon imo ?
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by excel101(m): 7:25pm On Nov 27, 2022
shanaka4u:
If it is beyond his constitutional power, he won't have done it...I also believe he might have made some consultations before embarking on such.
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 27, 2022
Bastardlyrich:

But from your comment I know you are a Yoruba Muslim don't be ashamed of your religion Yoruba Muslimns grin cheesy grin cheesy

You igbos are sick bastards. Nothing like yoruba muslims. All yorubas are one. Keep your divisiveness in your gutter region.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by drololaaof: 7:26pm On Nov 27, 2022
RuddyFusion:
Governance in Nigeria
When we will get it right?
Long way, how can somebody who failed to employ and appoint just wake up in the twilight of his regime to make appointments and promotions . Very absurd.
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Jogs1900: 7:28pm On Nov 27, 2022
shanaka4u:
He has started playing politics of pettiness and bitterness.... Though it may be morally wrong to make last minute appointment,it's still within his constitutional power to function as governor till yesterday....Oyetola can't abandon governance because he lost election... Don't let us forget GEJ too made last minute appointments into boards but Buhari didn't reverse them.

2 Likes

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by feedthenation(m): 7:29pm On Nov 27, 2022
---looking forward to good governance and 'owambe dancing parties' every weekend---
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 27, 2022
CBR100:

Now I see where the pain is coming from
Igbo jew hahahahahaha

BAT/SHETIMA 2023

So anyone against Tinubu is Igbo? No wonder you are in pains

Alailopolo oloripelebe.

2 Likes

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by hotspec(m): 7:29pm On Nov 27, 2022
shanaka4u:
No state has power to change her name from what the Federal Govt call it as enshrined in the Nigerian Constitution.
Justice Yinka Afolabi of Osun State High Court Ilesa since 2017 has pronounced the illegality of the change of name. Although an appeal was filled at Akure Court of Appeal in 2018, d outcome of the appeal was not publicised. However, there's another rulling by Justice Mathias Agboola of Osun State High Court Osogbo on the same issue, declaring State of Osun as Illegal, which is a reference that the state government lost d Akure appeal of 2018.

So, the new governor is only upholding the law by doing what the court rules upon but not enforced by the past government.
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Jogs1900: 7:30pm On Nov 27, 2022
drololaaof:

Long way, how can somebody who failed to employ and appoint just wake up in the twilight of his regime to make appointments and promotions . Very absurd.
It's still within his constitutional power to do that... Moreover, Adeleke is reversing all decisions Oyetola took as governor from July...haba that's too petty of him.
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by luckingto50: 7:32pm On Nov 27, 2022
shanaka4u:

The man no give am hand over note. How him go take no say the matter day for court
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by CBR100: 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jovialjune1:

Alailopolo oloripelebe.

Hahahaha, see anoda painment
Calm down february is fast approaching

SHETIMA is coming
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by hotspec(m): 7:34pm On Nov 27, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
God bless The Dancing governor our In-law. There is nothing like state of Osun. I was surprised no lawyer challenged that in the court. It is Osun state.

It was challenged by Barr. Kanmi Ajibola in 2017 and 2020. He won. Only that the govt didn't honour the judgement

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by kbbanj10(m): 7:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
Not a fan of this man but will sincerely and whole heartedly agree with him on this freezing of account and reversal of the name to Osun State. State of Osun is alien and not in consonant with the constitution which he swore to protect and defend. All these rubbish started with Aregbesola, very arrogant people

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Krak(m): 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2022
daylaysongs:
i can bet you that this man is more of muslim than christian,if atall if he is christian self..the former governor of osun who is there family is a muslim...well religion as side,am just trying to answer is question which he said no muslim governor in southwest again.

Please if you bet you will lose the bet. It's my state and we know them very well. His family has had serious battles with Muslims over their University in Ede.

Stop being judgemental, I have friends who have Muslim names but are Christians and some even have an aversion for Islam. I am a Christian but my best friend is a Muslim and we get along just fine.

Back to the issue, Adeleke is a full Christian and not a Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
Initial gra gra is always allowed grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by tabaralph: 7:43pm On Nov 27, 2022
UnusualEmissary:
I am kinda interested in seeing how his administration will be cheesy

Millions of people are waiting to see his performance
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Krak(m): 7:44pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jovialjune1:

Alailopolo oloripelebe.

I am against Tinubu and I am Yoruba.
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by rummmy: 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2022
Nlanalyst:
As it stands, there's no Muslim governor in the whole of Southwest and the entire South at large. Even his Deputy is a Christian.
Modified.

You buffoons should not cry when APC reciprocates this same gesture.
is there a Christian governor in North West?
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by pquaver(m): 7:46pm On Nov 27, 2022
Praxis758:
The most evil of all was Oyetola’s cangaroo LG election that he failed to do in his first 3 years in office.

So it was evil? What of obi that didn't do at all.. So you now believe me he is evil too.. Trust politicians at ur own peril
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Krak(m): 7:46pm On Nov 27, 2022
Himtulie247:
Initial gra gra is always allowed grin grin grin

Exactly, he is just doing gra gra. I will be watching all his actions closely because I am not one of his fans. I am not also a fan of the outgone governor, Oyetola.

It is unfortunate that the Nigerian standard for leadership is too low.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Occurstaem(m): 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2022
Bastardlyrich:
Adeleke has once again proven he is a yoruba Christian.
Are know those devilishh yoru bad fake Muslimnss hate him and wish osun state bad but it will fail in Jesus name.
Wickedd, tribalistik, cowordly yoru bad fake Muslimns grin cheesy grin cheesy
Ignorance is written all over your comment. Even Adeleke will disagree with your submission because without the backing of Muslims, he is nothing in Ede and Osun State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by molas02: 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2022
shanaka4u:
. Did you read what I wrote? What does have to do with Yoruba Muslims? I don't vote, I have never voted and I will never vote ; if that will put your mind at rest that I don't involve in politics.
If you have never ND will never vote... U don't have right to say anything Abt government nd governance of any elected person
Re: Adeleke Freezes Osun Government Accounts, Reverses State Name by Amayabor1: 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2022
Nlanalyst:
As it stands, there's no Muslim governor in the whole of Southwest and the entire South at large. Even his Deputy is a Christian.
Modified.

You buffoons should not cry when APC reciprocates this same gesture.

Stop being stupid. In a state like Kaduna where there are almost equal population of Christians and muslims, the Governor and Deputy governor are muslims. So it is with many other northern states with a substantial Christian population.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Becomes Minority As 15 Senators Join PDP / FFK: How To Keep A Lady, Women Are Like Horses They Must Be Serviced Twice A Day / DSS Invites Nwoba Chika Nwoba Over Biafra Wedding Cake Design (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.