Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Are These The Last Days? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are These The Last Days? (827 Views)

How GOD will judge false prophets and teachers In The Last Days / The Bible Says That There Will Be "Pestilences" In The Last Days / The Divine Pattern Of Wealth Transfer In The Last Days - Joseph Prince Sermon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These The Last Days? by tctrills: 4:17pm On Nov 27, 2022
Why do Christians love claiming that these are the last days when the Lord teaches that only our Father in Heaven knows when the end shall come.
Re: Are These The Last Days? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:06pm On Nov 27, 2022
tctrills:
Why do Christians love claiming that these are the last days when the Lord teaches that only our Father in Heaven knows when the end shall come.

Is the end of a thing the same as last days of the thing? Is the end of a work the same as "you go soon retire?"
Re: Are These The Last Days? by tctrills: 5:17pm On Nov 27, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Is the end of a thing the same as last days of the thing? Is the end of a work the same as "you go soon retire?"
I am not sure I get your question but the last days mean 5hat the end is close.
The last days mean it is about to come to an end.
Example, if you say, "these are my last days in school." It means you are about to get to the end of your school.
Re: Are These The Last Days? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
tctrills:

I am not sure I get your question but the last days mean 5hat the end is close.
The last days mean it is about to come to an end.
Example, if you say, "these are my last days in school." It means you are about to get to the end of your school.

Correct!
Since you appreciate this, then you must appreciate that these last days are exactly like a football match. It only ends when the referee blows the end of the match but we all know that we are in the dying minutes of the game.

1 Like

Re: Are These The Last Days? by tctrills: 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Correct!
Since you appreciate this, then you must appreciate that these last days are exactly like a football match. It only ends when the referee blows the end of the match but we all know that we are in the dying minutes of the game.
My point is how do you know that these are the last days?
Re: Are These The Last Days? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:54pm On Nov 27, 2022
tctrills:

The same way you know harmattan is coming or a football match would soon end.
Re: Are These The Last Days? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:48pm On Nov 27, 2022
tctrills:

It is as obvious as a girl who has lost her virginity.
Re: Are These The Last Days? by tctrills: 7:18pm On Nov 27, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

No. It's modern Christian who decided that this are the last days.
This is not the revelations of God.
Re: Are These The Last Days? by tctrills: 7:21pm On Nov 27, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The same way you know harmattan is coming or a football match would soon end.
Definitely not the same way. You know a football match would end because you know the duration of a match is 90 mins plus injury time.
You do not know the duration of the Earth's existence or do you?

1 Like

Re: Are These The Last Days? by tctrills: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

My point is that some modern day Christians decided that these are the last days. As Christians we depend on revelations. We don't just decide on our own.
Re: Are These The Last Days? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:57pm On Nov 28, 2022
tctrills:

My point is that some modern day Christians decided that these are the last days. As Christians we depend on revelations. We don't just decide on our own.

The Bible said if you are capable of seeing then you will see it. And it is not a Christians decided thing, it is that we have been tracking the changes such that we saw it when it began.
Re: Are These The Last Days? by tctrills: 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The Bible said if you are capable of seeing then you will see it. And it is not a Christians decided thing, it is that we have been tracking the changes such that we saw it when it began.
The point is that anyone can claim to see even what God had not revealed.
Too many fake prophets don't you think?
Re: Are These The Last Days? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:07pm On Nov 28, 2022
tctrills:

The point is that anyone can claim to see even what God had not revealed.
Too many fake prophets don't you think?

It is like you do not have a Bible to see that God had revealed it.

Secondly it is not "any one" but a multitude have so confessed the phenomenom. Thus, you are the one who does not see or claims not to see that which is very obvious.
Re: Are These The Last Days? by tctrills: 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

It is like you do not have a Bible to see that God had revealed it.

Secondly it is not "any one" but a multitude have so confessed the phenomenom. Thus, you are the one who does not see or claims not to see that which is very obvious.
Actually I have a bible but you are free to quote.
Secondly, this is not the first time we are having a multitude of false prophets.

1 Like

Re: Are These The Last Days? by paxonel(m): 6:58pm On Nov 28, 2022
Last day was the end of the old covenant which had occurred some 2000 years ago after Jesus was crucified and resurrected.

Another scripture in it context mentioned last day as the day anyone dies. That is his last day, after that life continues.

Life has no ended

1 Like

Re: Are These The Last Days? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2022
tctrills:

Actually I have a bible but you are free to quote.
Secondly, this is not the first time we are having a multitude of false prophets.

If you had a Bible then you do not read it else you would have seen that showed is the signs to look for. So all it takes is for people to use their eyes to see. And if you can not see, that is no one's concern.
Re: Are These The Last Days? by eddy1977(m): 7:56pm On Nov 28, 2022
tctrills:

It's a marketing strategy. Fear sells.

1 Like

Re: Are These The Last Days? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:04pm On Nov 28, 2022
eddy1977:

It's a marketing strategy. Fear sells.

Marketing what product? Candles or Bibles or oils?

Just say that you are the kind of person who lies to himself
Re: Are These The Last Days? by Uyi168: 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2022
year 5035

Nigerian Christians "we are living in the last days".. grin

2 Likes

Re: Are These The Last Days? by tctrills: 9:04pm On Nov 28, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

If you had a Bible then you do not read it else you would have seen that showed is the signs to look for. So all it takes is for people to use their eyes to see. And if you can not see, that is no one's concern.

Yes anyone can claim to see what doesn't exist. I noticed you are shy to quote a bible verse and we both know why.
The truth is that most people no longer read their bible that is why they can be deceived by the many false prophets out there.
As Christians, the only way we settle discuss is through the bible. For 2 days now, you have been making comment upon comment but nothing from the bible. The modern Christian clearly does not know the bible.
Re: Are These The Last Days? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:48am On Nov 29, 2022
Following! smiley
Re: Are These The Last Days? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:43am On Nov 29, 2022
tctrills:

Yes anyone can claim to see what doesn't exist.

And everyone has the ability to properly assess claims to draw out The Truth. So if you do not want to properly assess a claim, it is you who shall carry the consequences.

tctrills:

I noticed you are shy to quote a bible verse and we both know why.

And I know that you have a different why other than the why that it these verses are very popular and everyone including you, know them.

So I do not believe in stating popular Bible verses.

tctrills:

The truth is that most people no longer read their bible that is why they can be deceived by the many false prophets out there.

People prefer lies rather than Truth, therefore

"People swallow greedily any lie that flatters them, but sip only little by little at a truth they find bitter." Denis Diderot

Whereas

"The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable." James A. Garfield

tctrills:

... The modern Christian clearly does not know the bible...

You mean the mordern church goer and not "Christ like aka Christian.
Re: Are These The Last Days? by tctrills: 8:54am On Nov 29, 2022
[quote author=Dtruthspeaker post=118764998]

And everyone has the ability to properly assess claims to draw out The Truth. So if you do not want to properly assess a claim, it is you who shall carry the consequences.

Oga we can only access your claim from the bible. You have shown that even you have no accessed your claim.

And I know that you have a different why other than the why that it these verses are very popular and everyone including you, know them. Even popular verses are quoted. There is no commandment against quoting popular verses. We were not told that we may only quote the unpopular verses.

People swallow greedily any lie that flatters them, but sip only little by little at a truth they find bitter.

This is where we both agree. Most people love to be lied to and they are too lazy to find out the truth themselves. They are too lazy to read the bible so they just believe whatever the lying pastor says.

]The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable. You are quoting from people I don't know when you could simply quote from the bible. Oh I forgot, its wrong to quote popular verses.

You mean the mordern church goer and not "Christ like aka Christian. I mean modern churches have become Temples of lies and dishonesty. People teach their own doctrine and are afraid of the truth in the bible. These days, Christians are more content quoting from philosophers rather than quoting from the word of God.
Re: Are These The Last Days? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:28am On Nov 29, 2022
tctrills:
Oga we can only access your claim from the bible. You have shown that even you have no accessed your claim.

Something is wrong with you. Am I the one who spoke the words in the Bible? Assess or don't assess, is your business.

tctrills:

Even popular verses are quoted...

I believe that since it is known then there is no need to state it.

tctrills:

You are quoting from people I don't know when you could simply quote from the bible. Oh I forgot, its wrong to quote popular verses.

And these are not verses neither are they popular.

tctrills:
I mean modern churches have become Temples of lies and dishonesty. People teach their own doctrine and are afraid of the truth in the bible. These days, Christians are more content quoting from philosophers rather than quoting from the word of God.

People swallow greedily any lie that flatters them, but sip only little by little at a truth they find bitter.
Re: Are These The Last Days? by tctrills: 9:41am On Nov 29, 2022
[quote author=Dtruthspeaker post=118765942]

Something is wrong with you. Am I the one who spoke the words in the Bible? Assess or don't assess, is your business. I don't get you.

I believe that since it is known then there is no need to state it. Every verse in the bible is known so what is your point?

You are just describing the modern-day Nigerian Christian.
Re: Are These The Last Days? by eddy1977(m): 11:07am On Nov 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Marketing what product? Candles or Bibles or oils?

Just say that you are the kind of person who lies to himself

No comment my friend. You win.
Re: Are These The Last Days? by pastorkc4life: 5:02pm On Nov 29, 2022
In 2 Peter 3:8, a day is a thousand years to God. This means a day to God is a millennium. And there are about 16 millenniums from Genesis chapter one till date (2022). In Genesis 1; 2:1-2, there are 7 millenniums. From Genesis 2:7 to Revelation 20:7, there are also 7 millenniums. Today, we have covered 2 millenniums which is 2000 years. When you add altogether, you'll get 16. We are currently 22 years into the third millennium. And we have 978 years remaining before this millennium will end. Subtract 22 from 1000 you'll get 978. To answer the question on "the last days". The last days refer to the last 100 years of the millennium. Genesis 49:1, refers to the last 100 years of the millennium of their time. We are not in the last days. For us to be in the last days, we'll have to wait for the last 100 years of this present millennium. Shalom! Pastor K. C. Akano 07061582689
Re: Are These The Last Days? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:26pm On Nov 29, 2022
pastorkc4life:
In 2 Peter 3:8, a day is a thousand years to God. This means a day to God is a millennium. And there are about 16 millenniums from Genesis chapter one till date (2022). In Genesis 1; 2:1-2, there are 7 millenniums. ...

Admirable!

However, when you get the message in 1 John 2:18, and the Word "it is Finished" and Mathew 24:34 then you ought to appreciate that the last days already began such that even Peter saw it begin, Exactly as The Lord hath Said in Mathew 24:34

So, the Last Days started when Christ Said 'it is Finished"!
Re: Are These The Last Days? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2022
There supposed not to be anything like first or last days because God never planned to destroy the works of His own hands, He established this planet to last for eternity! Psalms 104:5

But then Satan (an intelligent being) led the rebellion against God's sovereignty claiming man can rule over themselves independently. Genesis 3:4-5

That's the beginning of what must come to an end: POLITICS

Nimrod became the first killer who kills to impose his rules on his fellow human {Genesis 10:9} many continue to follow his path trying to establish themselves as rulers over their fellowman but God promised that the one and only person who has the right to rule over mankind is His only begotten Son. So until he comes mankind should continue with their trial and error governments.

When Jesus began his ministry John declared saying the kingdom of God is near {Matthew 3:2} that's why Jesus was saying the same thing! Matthew 4:17

So back to the OP's question.

Why do we now call our generation the last days?

If anyone wants to know more i'm still very much around! smiley
Re: Are These The Last Days? by tctrills: 11:19pm On Nov 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Admirable!

However, when you get the message in 1 John 2:18, and the Word "it is Finished" and Mathew 24:34 then you ought to appreciate that the last days already began such that even Peter saw it begin, Exactly as The Lord hath Said in Mathew 24:34

So, the Last Days started when Christ Said 'it is Finished"!
Oga Jesus was not taking about the last days when he said it is finished. The modern Christian can twist anything for the sake of an argument.
When Jesus Christ said it was finished, whatever he was referring to ended.
He did not say it is finished and it continued for more than 2000 years. Unlike many of us, Jesus Christ is not a liar.
So this is the verse you were hiding all this while? Hmm funny you.
Re: Are These The Last Days? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:42am On Dec 01, 2022
tctrills:

Oga Jesus was not taking about the last days when he said it is finished. The modern Christian can twist anything for the sake of an argument.
When Jesus Christ said it was finished, whatever he was referring to ended.
He did not say it is finished and it continued for more than 2000 years. Unlike many of us, Jesus Christ is not a liar.
So this is the verse you were hiding all this while? Hmm funny you.

It is the apparent "it is finished" you see. You did not see the other things also finished too eg John 14:30 also followed.

And of course you have noticed that God's Word takes what we would call a very long time to manifest eg since Moses, He said He would send A Messiah and it took a very very long time before it was fulfilled

And many other things declared by God also follow this pattern.

So also did Jesus say "it is finished" a very long time ago and now those who have eyes to see, see that it is indeed finished and finishing.

So as I have told you before, you do not like Truths you are looking for lies and things to make you comfortable.

People swallow greedily any lie that flatters them, but sip only little by little at a truth they find bitter. Denis Diderot
Re: Are These The Last Days? by tctrills: 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

It is the apparent "it is finished" you see. You did not see the other things also finished too eg John 14:30 also followed.

And of course you have noticed that God's Word takes what we would call a very long time to manifest eg since Moses, He said He would send A Messiah and it took a very very long time before it was fulfilled

And many other things declared by God also follow this pattern.

So also did Jesus say "it is finished" a very long time ago and now those who have eyes to see, see that it is indeed finished and finishing.

So as I have told you before, you do not like Truths you are looking for lies and things to make you comfortable.

People swallow greedily any lie that flatters them, but sip only little by little at a truth they find bitter. Denis Diderot

let's not twist things. We don't need to discuss John 14.30 when we have not concluded with your explanation of it is finished.
Now you say God's words take time to manifest and I agree but then God never says it is finished when his works are yet to be manifested.

With Moses, he said (He will) send a Messiah note the future tense. He did not refer to the Messiah in the present tense because God is not dishonest even though you are trying to make him such.

Lastly, when Jesus said it is finished, he was not talking about the earth or the end time. Do you have any scripture to show he was talking about the end time or you just forged stuff for the sake of argument?
Do you know the punishment of those who add to the word of God? Read Revelations 22

Then to your John 14:30

30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
Let's be honest we both know this scripture is not telling us that this is the end time.
We all love to win arguments but some lies are too obvious na. Haba.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fasting In Islam: What Kind Of Fasting Allows You To Kiss? / What do you do when the answers to your prayers are delayed?? / Right To Send Religous Mails To Staff Mails?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.