Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children (34239 Views)

List Of 12 States With Highest 2024 UTME Applications / Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers / Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by DeOTR: 11:00pm On Nov 27, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

I did my youth service in Ogun state and I was shocked to meet people, including young men and women, who don't know a single word in English. Believe me I was astounded. My late grandma was fluent in pidgin but here I was, seeing people who couldn't even converse in pidgin. That's something I've never experienced in the South East, everybody knows how to read and write at least basically
There are many Igbo people, mostly young, in the south east who can't even converse in pidgin, talk more of English. How many places have you been to in the East? There are still a lot of communities without access road in that region you so much glorified. Everybody can read and write in the same SE I just left few days ago? As in everybody? That's a joke right? I can't even take you seriously since the ability to speak pidgin is an indicator of formal education to you.
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by Gbogbowa: 11:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
MufasaLion:
This is nice! Anambra seems to value education and it's highly laudable.
yes o,that is the legacy Obi left in Anambra,I'm obidient I collect no shi shi
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by UNDFTD: 11:30pm On Nov 27, 2022
Now, you see why the amalgamation of the North and South was a terrible idea. You want to move forward but terrorists from the Sahel are constantly pulling you backward! What a shame and a disgrace!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by 0bjpmb: 11:32pm On Nov 27, 2022
Shut up your dirty mouth this useless envious bitter dirty abia miscreant.

Go and search Google. Western education and missions first berth in Onitsha before going hinterland to other parts of igboland decades later.

That's why the first igbo Bible translation was done in Onitsha dialect. The first igbo missionary literature was equally in Onitsha dialect.

That's why the headquarters of Catholic and Anglican in igboland is in Onitsha because that was where the first churches were established in igboland (Holy Trinity Catholic Church and All Saints Anglican Church)

That's why the first missionary schools in igboland were first established in Onitsha (Christ the King College- CKC, Dennis memorial grammar school-DMGS and Queen of Rosary college- QRC)

Use your Google to cure your ignorance, envy and bitterness

NwekereNdoki:
That's not true... Western Education came to Bonny, then proceeeded into the hinterland. THe Arochukwus and perharps the Ndoki people might have gotten education before it got to AnambraA good example is the man in Chinua Achebe's book that used "Ike'm" to mean "myself" which got the people laughing. The man is probably Ndoki cause Ndoki people used Ike'm

2 Likes

Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by rollywise(m): 11:37pm On Nov 27, 2022
Ritchiee:

Yet Lagos is where all your generations have always fled to..

Chaiiii!!! This statement pain me well. No be for me o but for you. So you really think Lagos is an accomplishment. You think Lagos is a safe haven. Chaiiii. May you remain in Lagos. Say Amen
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by NwekereNdokl: 11:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
0bjpmb:

Anambra values education that's why they were able to produce Zik, Ojukwu, Achebe, Chike Obi, Emeagwali, Soludo, Chimamanda Adichie, etc.

Western education first came to Anambra, Onitsha precisely, before going to other SE states decades later

You are very correct
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by NwekereNdokl: 12:04am On Nov 28, 2022
This is a fact

0bjpmb:
Shut up your dirty mouth this useless envious bitter dirty abia miscreant.

Go and search Google. Western education and missions first berth in Onitsha before going hinterland to other parts of igboland decades later.

That's why the first igbo Bible translation was done in Onitsha dialect. The first igbo missionary literature was in Onitsha.

That's why the headquarters of Catholic and Anglican in igboland is in Onitsha because that was where the first churches were established in igboland (Holy Trinity Catholic Church and All Saints Anglican Church)

That's why the first missionary schools in igboland were first established in Onitsha (Christ the King College- CKC, Dennis memorial college- DMGS and Queen of Rosary college- QRC)

Use your Google to cure your ignorance, envy and bitterness

Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by SmartMen: 12:28am On Nov 28, 2022
MufasaLion:

I know what you're trying to do but all what you wrote is none of my business. I'm only about the reason for the thread.

Take your political loyalty or whatever out of my mention. I don't care who did what.
whether politics or not, he told you the truth. You are the one who is political bias because you do not like the name Peter Obi.
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by chatinent: 12:44am On Nov 28, 2022
Education without jobs is equal to nonsense.
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:27am On Nov 28, 2022
If u like support Obi candidacy if you don't like say nah Tulumbu go rescue you out of poverty.. as bad as e worst.. igbos no go feel the heat more than any of the tribe in Nigeria
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by MufasaLion: 3:18am On Nov 28, 2022
SmartMen:
whether politics or not, he told you the truth. You are the one who is political bias because you do not like the name Peter Obi.

kingsclass:

That's the good work of Obi for investing a lot in education.

Gbogbowa:
yes o,that is the legacy Obi left in Anambra,I'm obidient I collect no shi shi

Y'all should take your political nonsense out of my mention. I don't care who did it. Take your bigotry out of my mention!
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by BluntCrazeMan: 4:13am On Nov 28, 2022
FactBoyz:
The South East has the least number of out of school children age 6-15yrs in Nigeria.

Out of school: Rate
Anambra: 2.9%
Imo: 5.1%
Abia: 5.6%
Enugu: 7.5%
Ebonyi: 16.7%

Out of school: Number
Anambra: 30K
Imo: 50K
Abia: 50K
Enugu: 70K
Ebonyi: 190K

#StatiSense
(NMPI 2022)
You're not a good reporter.

The Statistics are there inside the photos you attached, yet you twisted it inside your own write-up.

What did you hope to achieve inside your twisted write-up??
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by ariesbull: 4:24am On Nov 28, 2022
badoskyi:
In Cross river and Akwa ibom, most of the out-of-school children do not have money for school fees ,tution fees and other expenses, not that they don't wish to go to school. It's about poverty . Forget the so called free education,it's not enforced. There's massive poverty in Akwa ibom. Privileged Akwa ibom and Cross river people both in Nigeria and abroad need to do more charity to help their people . ditto other states with massive poverty and out-of-school kids. .
Igbo millionaires usually give back to community. perhaps that's why a state like Anambra have lower out-of school children.
why puberty in Ákwá Ibom....they are oil rich state they have oil naaa
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by ariesbull: 4:25am On Nov 28, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
You're not a good reporter.

The Statistics are there inside the photos you attached, yet you twisted it inside your own write-up.

What did you hope to achieve inside your twisted write-up??
e pain this one

Oya bring your own stats
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by naijaebay: 4:28am On Nov 28, 2022
Anambra #1 and here comes our center of excellence at a distance fifth place. Mr Tinubu and successors must had forgotten about the this sector
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by ariesbull: 4:30am On Nov 28, 2022
DeOTR:

There are many Igbo people, mostly young, in the south east who can't even converse in pidgin, talk more of English. How many places have you been to in the East? There are still a lot of communities without access road in that region you so much glorified. Everybody can read and write in the same SE I just left few days ago? As in everybody? That's a joke right? I can't even take you seriously since the ability to speak pidgin is an indicator of formal education to you.
that is a big lie...tell me the place

I live in Lagos...in a place called Alimosho...yiu will be in bank and you see young yoruba folks telling you to help them fill tellers...they can't write ...we see them daily

if you go to market speak pidgin...they will say mi mogbo oyibo....or something like that

ibadan is worst

1 Like

Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by ariesbull: 4:31am On Nov 28, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

I did my youth service in Ogun state and I was shocked to meet people, including young men and women, who don't know a single word in English. Believe me I was astounded. My late grandma was fluent in pidgin but here I was, seeing people who couldn't even converse in pidgin. That's something I've never experienced in the South East, everybody knows how to read and write at least basically
you are right...even in Ekiti ,they will assume that you must speak yoruba

even here in Lagos ,in offices they can't make an English sentence and speak 5 minutes without adding yoruba in and out .

1 Like

Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by ariesbull: 4:35am On Nov 28, 2022
NwaIdeato:

It's not Anambras fault that SW has the most alarming case of brain drain in Nigeria, for a region that touted itself as the most sophisticated and educated in Nigeria, the South East region has not only overtaken you clowns in all indices of academic performance, but we are also dominating you academically in most of your schools across the SW (don't hate the player)...Awolowo will be turning in his grave on his wasted legacy.
Awolowo education was quantitative while Zik was qualitatively delivered

1 Like

Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by ariesbull: 4:43am On Nov 28, 2022
Icon79:
Sorry, I meant to say *Except for Ekiti and Bayelsa states ….

But one can even argue that Ndi Igbo are probably the largest ethnic group in Bayelsa state as well.

Anyway, let me say it again Igbo Amaka, mhen!

O pari

Bayelsa is Ijaw ...purely ijaw state with two tiny igbo villages

1 Like

Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by BluntCrazeMan: 4:59am On Nov 28, 2022
ariesbull:
e pain this one

Oya bring your own stats
No need
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by SmartyPants(m): 5:17am On Nov 28, 2022
NwaIdeato:
Even with all the sit-at-home nonsense and other strangulations caused by the insensitivity of the Federal government to the crisis in the East (also caused by this APC government), our children still do their best to stay in school and outperform other regions in the indices of national exams across Nigeria...Igboland is a gold mine but bastards like Simon Ekpa and that British wanna-be terrorist have destroyed the once enviable peace, serenity and prosperity of the East with their unknown gunmen nonsense that have attracted all sorts of criminals into the East...but we survived a brutal civil war and we shall overcome this pestilence as well.

God bless our children
God bless Alaigbo
Thunder fire Agbadorians.

Even after ou acknowledged your real problem, you still want to fight Yorubas for no reason. Why so much hate?
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by CSTRR: 6:17am On Nov 28, 2022
Ritchiee:

Olodo.There was no Statisense before Obi.
The stat was even on nairaland after it came out.
Clown.

Statisense posted all the data from mbadinuju down to obiano.

I saw that thread on Twitter.
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by sonature1: 6:24am On Nov 28, 2022
perdollar:
Ebonyi has to be incorporated back into Enugu state or we simply give them off to NE or NC

Ebonyi State is the youngest state in the East and was created so that development can reach its rural areas.

Dave Umahi has done so well with infrastructure. They need time and competent governor to improve their lots.
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by Devil1Messenger: 7:07am On Nov 28, 2022
Christistruth00:

There are hardly any in Osun and Ogun states too especially as the Schools are free
Schools in Edo is also free from primary to secondary. Na oshiomole introduced fees to our secondary school with his education is not for the poor program.
Very useless politicians
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by ZombieSlayer1: 7:07am On Nov 28, 2022
DeOTR:

I've lived in the East all my life so I know what I'm saying. There may be communities without access roads, and the government is to blame for that. I'm not glorifying anything or anywhere, I'm simply saying my observation. And I never said pidgin is a sign of formal education, did I?
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by JohnCyrilEfe1(m): 7:11am On Nov 28, 2022
This result can't be accurate
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by ariesbull: 7:15am On Nov 28, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
No need
oga you no get yans
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by Chigold101(m): 7:55am On Nov 28, 2022
Christistruth00:

There are hardly any in Osun and Ogun states too especially as the Schools are free
And you don't know that basic education is also free in public schools in Anambra State.
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by Princevirus(m): 8:05am On Nov 28, 2022
VoteObi2SaveNai:

All SE states are performing excellently in education except Ebonyi. With better education, the country will get better and poverty will be reduced.

Who's this headless goat? When was Ebonyi created that you are expecting them to outperform old states like Anambra? What was the record before? Infact if you check it based on the last five years you will discover that Ebonyi is the best performing state. Hide your nepotistic head in shame. Ewu
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by BreconHills(m): 8:18am On Nov 28, 2022
FactBoyz:
The South East has the least number of out of school children age 6-15yrs in Nigeria.

Out of school: Rate
Anambra: 2.9%
Imo: 5.1%
Abia: 5.6%
Enugu: 7.5%
Ebonyi: 16.7%

Out of school: Number
Anambra: 30K
Imo: 50K
Abia: 50K
Enugu: 70K
Ebonyi: 190K

#StatiSense
(NMPI 2022)

I dont know what you are trying to do with these stats. What you should be doing is looking at 1. Quality of that education and how many of those children go on to further education. Our primary and secondary education system are insufficient quality wise to rank as a functional education. Even university sef has k leg.

Statistics must not be used as blunt instruments, they must yield insights that have impact in the real world.
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by DeOTR: 9:41am On Nov 28, 2022
ariesbull:
that is a big lie...tell me the place

I live in Lagos...in a place called Alimosho...yiu will be in bank and you see young yoruba folks telling you to help them fill tellers...they can't write ...we see them daily

if you go to market speak pidgin...they will say mi mogbo oyibo....or something like that

ibadan is worst
I helped an Igbo first class graduate understood how to fill forms in NYSC orientation in Mallam Sidi, Gombe. How do you explain that?
I'm not disputing there are young Yoruba people who are illiterates, but telling me ALL Igbo people can read and write is a big fat lie.
Like I said, illiteracy is widespread in Nigeria.
Obinna, a family friend's 11 years old nephew from a place as big as Orlu, couldn't speak any other language except Igbo when he newly came to live with us.
I've worked in an organization that have given me the opportunity to know most inner places of the country. Poverty and illiteracy is everywhere. Like I mentioned earlier, we still have many communities in the East without access road.
Re: List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children by VoteObi2SaveNai: 10:39am On Nov 28, 2022
Princevirus:

Who's this headless goat? When was Ebonyi created that you are expecting them to outperform old states like Anambra? What was the record before? Infact if you check it based on the last five years you will discover that Ebonyi is the best performing state. Hide your nepotistic head in shame. Ewu

Just look at this senseless thing. Ezi ohia!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How many Water Melons are there in the picture? / I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University / Chiwueze Kingsley Is Missing In Owerri (300 Level IMSU Law Student)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.