Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,692 members, 7,813,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? (1279 Views)

Which States Will Peter Obi Win To Win The Presidential Election? / Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance / How Atiku Will Zone Offices If Elected President – Gbenga Daniel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by jagtinic: 2:01am On Nov 28, 2022
Peter Obi has promised that he will reduce cost of governance if he is elected president.

How can he achieve this considering the Senate and house of representatives will be in the hands of APC/PDP?

Someone should please tell me how he will achieve this without the backing of parliament.

Note that even in the USA without the backing of the legislature a president cannot achieve much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by Nobody: 2:04am On Nov 28, 2022
That’s why we shouldn’t vote criminals at any level. Vote those that genuinely care. If the other parties are the problem, then vote LP through and through. The ball is in your court.

11 Likes

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by blackpanda: 2:05am On Nov 28, 2022
Once u ask any question they can't answer, they will tag you as enemy. So called OBIdients are highly intolerant empty brains

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by blackpanda: 2:06am On Nov 28, 2022
Yureyes:
That’s why we shouldn’t vote criminals at any level. Vote those that genuinely care. If the other parties are the problem, then vote LP through and through. The ball is in your court.

But we all know that even peter obi is not a member of LP. He only went there because PDP won't give him ticket.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by jagtinic: 2:07am On Nov 28, 2022
This take is naive. Can you make people vote against their wish? LP does not have candidates in some states. Even Obi is rooting for the PDP governorship candidate in Rivers state

Yureyes:
Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by beelon1020(m): 2:12am On Nov 28, 2022
Don’t disturb yourself,... Peter obi can not even win one state, talkless of becoming a President...
Forget media noise o, naija politics is difference from Weston world...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by jagtinic: 2:13am On Nov 28, 2022
It is an hypothetical question. I do not believe he can win. But let people say how he can fulfill the promise if it happens.

beelon1020:
Don’t disturb yourself,... Peter obi can not even win one state, talkless of becoming a President...
Forget media noise o, naija politics is difference from Weston world...
Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by beelon1020(m): 2:28am On Nov 28, 2022
jagtinic:
It is an hypothetical question. I do not believe he can win. But let people say how he can fulfill the promise if it happens.

Those guys... I don’t trust them with words again,.. they can build a skyscraper in the air and tell you to rent an apartment in it.. analyzing shi*.. all the time..
Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by kk2027: 2:39am On Nov 28, 2022
jagtinic:
Peter Obi has promised that he will reduce cost of governance if he is elected president.

How can he achieve this considering the Senate and house of representatives will be in the hands of APC/PDP?

Someone should please tell me how he will achieve this without the backing of parliament.

Note that even in the USA without the backing of the legislature a president cannot achieve much.

I think Datti has done justice to this question before
Things like they wont be flying presidential jet every second to London for medical treatment

They wont be budgeting over 1b for yearly feeding of presidency

They wont have their children and cousins using govt jet like private cars and running aso rock like family house

They wont be having inflated budget running in millions just to equip aso rock kitchen (kitchen that is already equipped) smh

I think there're a lot that are directly under their control before we talk of what others are doing

These are young men that will lead by example

15 Likes

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by Nobody: 2:39am On Nov 28, 2022
jagtinic:
This take is naive. Can you make people vote against their wish? LP does not have candidates in some states. Even Obi is rooting for the PDP governorship candidate in Rivers state

Lol. You guys think everyone wants to convince you to vote Obi. Omo, OYO is your case o. Even me, I won’t vote because I can’t.

You talked about needing the National Assembly. I’m telling you if you have good people at all levels of government, people that have Nigeria at heart. it won’t be difficult to bring change regardless of their party. Then there was an if clause. “If” the parties are the problem, then vote the party that you are sure will bring about the change and in this case it is LP for me.

The statement “The ball is in your court” didn’t mean vote my candidate. It simply meant it is up to you to make the right decision. It is you the voter that has the power to bring about change. Vote the right people and you will be good.

10 Likes

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by Nobody: 4:01am On Nov 28, 2022
“ How can he achieve this considering the Senate and house of representatives will be in the hands of APC/PDP?”

Brilliant question!

But don’t bother disturbing yourself. Peter won’t be president in the first place.
Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by CEwog91(m): 4:25am On Nov 28, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
“ How can he achieve this considering the Senate and house of representatives will be in the hands of APC/PDP?”

Brilliant question!

But don’t bother disturbing yourself. Peter won’t be president in the first place.
so you know all this but still give yourself sleepless nights on top obi

5 Likes

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by mycar: 4:44am On Nov 28, 2022
CEwog91:
so you know all this but still give yourself sleepless nights on top obi
don't mind them, the more they say it, the more obidients intensify their campaign efforts. it has turned to a catalyst that will convey obi to aso rock.

1 Like

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by ezegold4we: 4:55am On Nov 28, 2022
Only fooools, educated illiterates, hardened criminal's, drug Barron's, touts, reglious bigots, and ethnic idiot's will vote that vegetable narcotic ancestor of over 88yrs called tinubu,

The Devil Just punished and destroyed APC by giving them the criminal called tinubu as their presidential candidate,

Everything about tinubu is fraudulent, imagine stealing Donald Duke's child-hood picture, former cross river State govnor as his own, tinubu isn't different from Yahoo guy's, this drug Lord has no attribute of a presidential material,

Even buhari will be the most useless sitting president on earth if he's thinking of supporting tinubu talkmore of tinubu being his successor,

Tinubu and atiku are both political criminal's and mentally demented expired product's, anyone thinking of voting for either of them is an enemy to his or her Future and generation's yet unborn,

Vote wisely,
Vote for Peter Obi.

2 Likes

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by Nobody: 5:01am On Nov 28, 2022
Don't be bothered about that

Obi knows how to do everything better in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by mrvitalis(m): 5:17am On Nov 28, 2022
jagtinic:

Cost of governance is recurrent expenditure ...and the executive arm headed by the president prepares the budget , the ministry MDAs are under the direct control of the president

The budge preparation would be done by the executive I don't see a problem here at all

5 Likes

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by Ifearnoevil: 6:28am On Nov 28, 2022
This is very simple.
The ObI I know will always ask questions...

On why you needed to spend on so and so,why you need to change furniture every year etc.or why you need this number of operatoionl vehicles and why need to change them every year or so.

And even on capital projects, for example,you have to convince him on how a kilometer of road will cost 1 billion in Nigeria but the same Chinese company is building it at a cost of 500million in another country and don't come and tell me it's because of insecurity because this is what has been happening over the years.

3 Likes

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by jagtinic: 9:28am On Nov 28, 2022
How will he reduce ministers and other appointees, considering that all states needs to be represented as per the constitution?

kk2027:

Things like they wont be flying presidential jet every second to London for medical treatment

They wont have their children and cousins using govt jet like private cars and running aso rock like family house

They wont be having inflated budget running in millions just to equip aso rock kitchen (kitchen that is already equipped) smh

I think there're a lot that are directly under their control before we talk of what others are doing

1 Like

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by jagtinic: 9:31am On Nov 28, 2022
How do you have the good people in government? First politics is about interest. Even in the USA, interest is paramount. Ordinary NFF elections things happen not to talk of presidential elections. So it is only somebody loving in dream land that will come up with this wishful thinking.

Yureyes:

Lol. You guys think everyone wants to convince you to vote Obi. Omo, OYO is your case o. Even me, I won’t vote because I can’t.

You talked about needing the National Assembly. I’m telling you if you have good people at all levels of government, people that have Nigeria at heart. it won’t be difficult to bring change regardless of their party. Then there was an if clause. “If” the parties are the problem, then vote the party that you are sure will bring about the change and in this case it is LP for me.

The statement “The ball is in your court” didn’t mean vote my candidate. It simply meant it is up to you to make the right decision. It is you the voter that has the power to bring about change. Vote the right people and you will be good.
Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by jagtinic: 9:33am On Nov 28, 2022
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” ― Soren Kierkegaard.

ezegold4we:
Only fooools, educated illiterates, hardened criminal's, drug Barron's, touts, reglious bigots, and ethnic idiot's will vote that vegetable narcotic ancestor of over 88yrs called tinubu,

The Devil Just punished and destroyed APC by giving them the criminal called tinubu as their presidential candidate,

Everything about tinubu is fraudulent, imagine stealing Donald Duke's child-hood picture, former cross river State govnor as his own, tinubu isn't different from Yahoo guy's, this drug Lord has no attribute of a presidential material,

Even buhari will be the most useless sitting president on earth if he's thinking of supporting tinubu talkmore of tinubu being his successor,

Tinubu and atiku are both political criminal's and mentally demented expired product's, anyone thinking of voting for either of them is an enemy to his or her Future and generation's yet unborn,

Vote wisely,
Vote for Peter Obi.
Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by jagtinic: 9:34am On Nov 28, 2022
You are his son right? You know him very well?

Ifearnoevil:
This is very simple.
The ObI I know will always ask questions...

On why you needed to spend on so and so,why you need to change furniture every year etc.or why you need this number of operatoionl vehicles and why need to change them every year or so.

And even on capital projects, for example,you have to convince him on how a kilometer of road will cost 1 billion in Nigeria but the same Chinese company is building it at a cost of 500million in another country and don't come and tell me it's because of insecurity because this is what has been happening over the years.
Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by Ifearnoevil: 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2022
jagtinic:
You are his son right? You know him very well?

He did the same in Anambra.
Go and verify

1 Like

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by DSC7: 8:17pm On Nov 28, 2022
When you have selfless leaders piloting the affairs of this country, cutting down cost of governance will be easy to achieve....

ObiDatti have everything it takes to move Nigeria forward...

1 Like

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by OKOATA(m): 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2022
Obi needs to deal with this.

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by obailala(m): 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2022
jagtinic:

He did the same in Anambra. He had no member in the HOA and the members were all against him at the start, but guess what? He prevailed!

As a leader, once your decisions and policies are popular with the people, the legislators will be forced to align with the popular policies. If you doubt this, once again, go and ask about what happened in Anambra.

PO already has the knowledge, skills and relevant experience in dealing with stubborn legislators.

2 Likes

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by jagtinic: 11:29pm On Nov 30, 2022
Obi will have to be president, senate president, speaker of the house, CJN, state Governor, IGP, CDS, CAS etc. all at once then

DSC7:
When you have selfless leaders piloting the affairs of this country, cutting down cost of governance will be easy to achieve....

ObiDatti have everything it takes to move Nigeria forward...
Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by jagtinic: 11:30pm On Nov 30, 2022
Do you know Imran Khan?

obailala:
He did the same in Anambra. He had no member in the HOA and the members were all against him at the start, but guess what? He prevailed!

As a leader, once your decisions and policies are popular with the people, the legislators will be forced to align with the popular policies. If you doubt this, once again, go and ask about what happened in Anambra.

PO already has the knowledge, skills and relevant experience in dealing with stubborn legislators.
Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by jagtinic: 11:35pm On Nov 30, 2022
Why should I go and verify? If you claim something happened, then show evidence. Soludo gave evidence that poverty increased in Anambra between 2007 and 2024. He did not ask us to go and verify.

Ifearnoevil:

He did the same in Anambra.
Go and verify
Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by obailala(m): 11:40pm On Nov 30, 2022
jagtinic:
Do you know Imran Khan?

Obi broke the yoke of the devilish greedy assembly men in Anambra, he will break the evil yoke again on the centre stage once the people stand by him.
Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by LadyExcellency: 11:45pm On Nov 30, 2022
jagtinic:
Why should I go and verify? If you claim something happened, then show evidence. Soludo gave evidence that poverty increased in Anambra between 2007 and 2024. He did not ask us to go and verify.

Stop lying, Anambra State is the 5th State with the least number of poor people in 2022 after Lagos, Ogun and Abia States - NBS

Re: How Will Peter Obi Reduce Cost Of Governance If Elected President? by Perfectbeing(m): 11:49pm On Nov 30, 2022
kk2027:

You guys are really really naive when it comes to Nigeria politics.

In 2015, Buhari wanted to end budget padding in his first budget. The senate refused to approve it and Nigeria was running without a budget for almost 6 months..

Now that is a President with the majority of the Senate in his party o and yet he was frustrated by them. Then what do you think will happen when Peter Obi will have zero party member in the senate?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu In November: "Mentioning Peter Obi Name Is An Insult To Me" / The Uncouth Nature Of Peter Obi Supporters / Big News! Obi Spokesperson, Okonkwo Spits Fire, Indicts Inec Chairman With Damn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.