Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Relationships And Pet Names - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationships And Pet Names (2535 Views)

Girls Can Call Themselves Pet Names But Guys Cant? / Women’s Most Hated Pet Names / Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest (2) (3) (4)

Relationships And Pet Names by MrsChima(f): 11:19pm On Aug 26, 2011
Would you allow your boyfriend, girlfriend, or spouse to use pet names on someone else?

During lunch time a male coworker's girlfriend surprised with a picnic lunch.  He introduced his girlfriend to some of the new male coworkers and she greeted back by saying "Nice meeting you sweeties" and smiled.  She even hugged them like Madea hugging her long lost grandchildren. 

The girl is from Costa Rica so she spoke with a spanish accent which sounded cute in my opinion.  (You should hear the men with the accent, it would make you want to el loco)

Anyway, the guy looked upset and said that he wasn't feeling the picnic and told the girl that he will talk to her after work.  Some of us were confused and thought maybe he had a stomach virus and didn't want to embarrass his girlfriend. 

Okay. long story short this FOOL rejected the lunch date with his girlfriend because she used a term of endearment to the males and he didn't like that.  He said that he was raised where women do not speak sexually toward men nor use term of endearment to other men that weren't their husbands nor boyfriends. 

WTF.  Seriously?   undecided   I can see if the girl said COME HERE BIG DADDY OR BIG PAPA she said SWEETIES!!!  I even asked Mr. Chima and he agreed with the guy! 

TELL ME THERE ARE AT LEAST MAN WITH BALLS that do not agree with my husband and that foolish coworker?!!
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by Mynd44: 11:43pm On Aug 26, 2011
You have answered the question already. It is because of where he grew up. Society have big influences on our lives and they shape how we think but that does not mean all guys think like that
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 26, 2011
One PHRASE!<<<<<<<<<<<<THE GUY IS AN A[b]S[/b]S! >>>>>>>>> He needs to GET A REAL LIFE!<<<<<<<<< FAST! undecided
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by Lax75(m): 11:55pm On Aug 26, 2011
;d
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by MrsChima(f): 12:03am On Aug 27, 2011
Mynd_44:

You have answered the question already. It is because of where he grew up. Society have big influences on our lives and they shape how we think but that does not mean all guys think like that

I understand that how he was raised plays a big part of how he thinks his girlfriend should be however his girlfriend wasn't raised in the same environment as he so therefore he should have taken that in consideration.

I can understand when I hear people say they prefer to marry someone that is from the same culture as them because it is much easier however if you decides to step outside of your culture then you too have to be tolerable and understanding that the person whom you are in a relationship with may have a different cultural expectations.

What considered a sin in one culture may not be considered a sin in another culture.
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by MrsChima(f): 12:10am On Aug 27, 2011
Lax75:

Mrs Chima, you can use pet names on me anyday, so far as I suggest them :-)

But seriously, I could give a flying porkchop if I had a girlfriend that uses petnames on other guys. It's her actions towards the guys that sends a stronger signal of what the intentions are. But come to think of it ooooo, my boss (who is a female, married and a CFO) has referred to me as "baby." I don't think that is appropriate ooo. Kai! She has even told me that I am eye candy! Dead serious! I think I should find another gig.

My husband has his special words that I have reserved strictly for him and hardly calls him by his government name unless necessary. wink But I will call you suga in a heart beat because that what we call everybody in my hometown. I don't think there is nothing wrong with calling someone sweety or sugar in my opinion as long as it is innocent.

Now I had men call me some pet names that would make a blind man see and the lame man walk. Now the fact your boss calling you baby and call you eye candy that a red flag! You do not want to get involved because you don't know what you are dealing with blindly.
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by LesbianBoy(m): 12:16am On Aug 27, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by Lax75(m): 12:18am On Aug 27, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

My husband has his special words that I have reserved strictly for him and hardly calls him by his government name unless necessary. wink  But I will call you suga in a heart beat because that what we call everybody in my hometown. I don't think there is nothing wrong with calling someone sweety or sugar in my opinion as long as it is innocent.

Now I had men call me some pet names that would make a blind man see and the lame man walk.  Now the fact your boss calling you baby and call you eye candy that a red flag!  You do not want to get involved because you don't know what you are dealing with blindly.  

Haba I would NEVER go there with my boss ooo. I beg. I won't even deal with a co-worker despite the fact that she (boss) tells me that women at the job come to her "inquiring" about me. Been at my job for 1 year and I have NEVER even hung outside of work with a single co-worker and I prefer it that way. I don't believe in crapping where you eat.
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by MrsChima(f): 12:19am On Aug 27, 2011
I hear you and you will be surprised how many eat where they are crapping.
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by LesbianBoy(m): 12:22am On Aug 27, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by Lax75(m): 12:24am On Aug 27, 2011
Omo I made that mistake like 10 years ago and I went through HELL! Anytime I notice any kind of vibe from a female co-worker I run like I'm scared of the punny men. I'm just paranoid like that.

Re: Relationships And Pet Names by MrsChima(f): 12:26am On Aug 27, 2011
You got your arse whooped before huh? Tell the truth.
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by Lax75(m): 12:31am On Aug 27, 2011
^^^^ "Whareffa!" But that girl was CRAAAAZZZYYYYY!!!! Any female co-worker that tried to talk to me, it was war! And me being a private guy, I had absolutely no privacy. She knew I hated my business out there and she really spread my "gospel."
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by 5stardude: 12:38am On Aug 27, 2011
whatever happens in vegas stays in vegas
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by Mynd44: 12:46am On Aug 27, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I understand that how he was raised plays a big part of how he thinks his girlfriend should be however his girlfriend wasn't raised in the same environment as he so therefore he should have taken that in consideration.

I can understand when I hear people say they prefer to marry someone that is from the same culture as them because it is much easier however if you decides to step outside of your culture then you too have to be tolerable and understanding that the person whom you are in a relationship with may have a different cultural expectations.

What considered a sin in one culture may not be considered a sin in another culture.
Mrs.Chima:

Re: Relationships And Pet Names by Mynd44: 12:48am On Aug 27, 2011
^^^
Mrs Chima, its not very fun when you ask questions and you answer them yourself
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by MrsChima(f): 2:31am On Aug 27, 2011
Mynd_44:

^^^
Mrs Chima, its not very fun when you ask questions and you answer them yourself

The initial questions were WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR mate call another person a pet name and asked if there were ANY MEN that didn't agree with the foolish coworker. 

So again how did I answer the question?
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by MrsChima(f): 2:33am On Aug 27, 2011
5stardude:

whatever happens in vegas stays in vegas

So you basically saying that as long as you don't know you don't care?
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by MrsChima(f): 2:35am On Aug 27, 2011
Lax75:

^^^^ "Whareffa!" But that girl was CRAAAAZZZYYYYY!!!! Any female co-worker that tried to talk to me, it was war! And me being a private guy, I had absolutely no privacy. She knew I hated my business out there and she really spread my "gospel."

You was putting it on her huh? That's what happens when you putting the MANDINGO on a girl that couldn't handle it. It is not a good idea to romance with coworkers but maturity plays a big part in it.

If the girl was a bit more matured then your gospels weren't been out there. Real talk.
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by 5stardude: 3:42am On Aug 27, 2011
Culo looking thread mods please delete
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by MrsChima(f): 3:43am On Aug 27, 2011
Yet you browsed and posted. kiss
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by 5stardude: 3:49am On Aug 27, 2011
Because I like the OP's grande culo
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by MrsChima(f): 3:49am On Aug 27, 2011
Go get laid.
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by 5stardude: 3:53am On Aug 27, 2011
Can I dig you?
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by MrsChima(f): 3:54am On Aug 27, 2011
I am shitting right now.
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by 5stardude: 4:07am On Aug 27, 2011
Eww. . I can still on the front row
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by MrsChima(f): 4:15am On Aug 27, 2011
Let me file my teefus and claws.
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by Lax75(m): 4:23am On Aug 27, 2011
Na wa oohh.
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by 5stardude: 4:34am On Aug 27, 2011
Make sure you wash it with bleach and hot water.
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by MrsChima(f): 5:39am On Aug 27, 2011
It is going to take more than bleach and hot water to get rid of them DECADES of not washing your nuts. lipsrsealed

You need to burn that biatch.
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by 5stardude: 5:54am On Aug 27, 2011
Flies humping
Re: Relationships And Pet Names by Mynd44: 9:23am On Aug 27, 2011

Ladies, How To Know A Chronic Womanizer / Funke Akindele Says My Marriage Is Intact, I'm Going To Court / How To Chat Wit Babes And Avoid Being Seen As Asking Plenty Questions