Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,416 members, 7,861,170 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:32 AM

Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH (149889 Views)

Buhari Rumoured To Have Met Jonathan’s Loyalists In Paris - PMNewsnigeria.com / 23 LG Chairmen Follow Wamakko To APC •why We Met Jonathan In Aso Rock -G5 Govern / The Night Buhari Met Jonathan Face-to-face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Afam4eva(m): 9:22pm On May 09, 2017
deedeedee1:

If gej did well for yoruba, our leaders would not have complained of being marginalized.
Anybody devoid of tribalism will agree that Jonathan's regime was fair to everybody. The only problem some of you had with the presidency is that he took away the powers of people who had an overwhelming grip on the country's commonwealth. Just because for the first time, Igbos were made to feel like Nigerians again, it became a problem for some of you. it may even interest you to know that there were actually more Yoruba appointees in Jonathan's regime than Igbos and infact there were way more Hausa/Fulani appointees than everyone else. They were only sad that they did not have the overwhelming grip on the country like they currently have with Buhari in power. Sometimes, i'm forced to support the call for disintegration of the country because some of you are just incorrigible and it's nauseating to say the least. The country is not yours to determine what happens and that is why we've been calling for true federalism so that everyone can answer their papa name and APC rode on that, only to get there and change their dance tune from jazz to apala.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by aribisala0(m): 9:24pm On May 09, 2017
Anyway the reason we are here now is because of what people on Nairaland like chino and afam4eva were saying in 2011 .Whether or not they were marginalised is less relevant than the attitude of the Eboes
Also relevant is that up until page 9 there was no IPOB NO NNAMDI KANU AND NO CRY FOR BIAFRA?

16 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Afam4eva(m): 9:25pm On May 09, 2017
deedeedee1:

Baba all of these happened in faan
I heard it happened too but do you have proof? Yes?

Imagine this scenario, you have 100 staff of faan and 50 of them were from the morth, 40 were Yorubas and only 10 were Igbos, do you think it's wrong to take the jobs of some Yorubas and Hausas to compensate those with smaller slots? Don't you think it's fair? Can you point me to any ministry or parastatal since independence where Igbos ever dominated? It has always been Hausa/fulanis and then Yorubas. Igbos are always lagging even behind some minority groups in the north and so, because there was an attempt to straighten things out, it turned to Igbos taking Yoruba jobs. Pls, lets' learn to speak fairly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by nku5: 9:26pm On May 09, 2017
deedeedee1:

So how come did he win 2011 election in yorubaland. I guess there was no tribalism then.

The tribalism was not as bitter and as widespread as what we saw in 2015. Moreover the Buhari/Tinubu alliance crumbled few days to the elections forcing Tinubu to make make a deal with GEJ at the last minute to collect a hefty sum and giving Tinubu a chance to deal with Ribadu for flirting with PDP
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by deedeedee1: 9:26pm On May 09, 2017
Afam4eva:

Anybody devoid of tribalism will agree that Jonathan's regime was fair to everybody. The only problem some of you had with the presidency is that he took away the powers of people who had an overwhelming grip on the country's commonwealth. Just because for the first time, Igbos were made to feel like Nigerians again, it became a problem for some of you. it may even interest you to know that there were actually more Yoruba appointees in Jonathan's regime than Igbos and infact there were way more Hausa/Fulani appointees than everyone else. They were only sad that they did not have the overwhelming grip on the country like they currently have with Buhari in power. Sometimes, i'm forced to support the call for disintegration of the country because some of you are just incorrigible and it's nauseating to say the least. The country is not yours to determine what happens and that is why we've been calling for true federalism so that everyone can answer their papa name and APC rode on that, only to get there and change their dance tune from jazz to apala.
See mr, i am not a "one nigeri" kind of yoruba guy. I stand 100% in support of the disintegration of this country. I do not like nigeria in any way neither do i want my unborn children to live in this country.
I stand by oduduwa nation, a country were there will be no ethnic difference. A country that will have a commone purpose and goal. A country that will have a common enemy.
I stand by oduduwa nation!!!

14 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by aribisala0(m): 9:29pm On May 09, 2017
Afam4eva:

I heard it happened too but do you have proof? Yes?

Imagine this scenario, you have 100 staff of faan and 50 of them were from the morth, 40 were Yorubas and only 10 were Igbos, do you think it's wrong to take the jobs of some Yorubas and Hausas to compensate those with smaller slots? Don't you think it's fair? Can you point me to any ministry or parastatal since independence where Igbos ever dominated? It has always been Hausa/fulanis and then Yorubas. Igbos are always lagging even behind some minority groups in the north and so, because there was an attempt to straighten things out, it turned to Igbos taking Yoruba jobs. Pls, lets' learn to speak fairly.
So you are an advocate of CORRECTION just like what Daura is doing at the DSS? You have alway been a hypocrite You are the same person or this thread that said they should go to Tinubu
You are asking for proof but go on to make your own assertions.
DO YOU HAVE PROOF. For your claims?
The correct way and person to straighten things out is the VICTIM?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Afam4eva(m): 9:29pm On May 09, 2017
aribisala0:
Anyway the reason we are here now is because of what people on Nairaland like chino and afam4eva were saying in 2011 .Whether or not they were marginalised is less relevant than the attitude of the Eboes
Also relevant is that up until page 9 there was no IPOB NO NNAMDI KANU AND NO CRY FOR BIAFRA?
What were said in 2011 that have never been said before by everyone else. Stop acting liek a saint and give it a break already. The cacophony that is coming from your mouths are definitely ambidextrous to say the least.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Afam4eva(m): 9:31pm On May 09, 2017
aribisala0:
So you are an advocate of CORRECTION just like what Daura is doing at the DSS? You have alway been a hypocrite You are the same person or this thread that said they should go to Tinubu
Mr man, you and i will agree that the daura man is not doing any correction. He's simply correcting the level playing field that Jonathan put in place, so that the power brokers of the north can seize the country like their fore fathers told them to. There's no way in hell fire that southerners will exceed northerners in any government agency let alone a para military one.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 09, 2017
nku5:

Between 2011 and 2015 Jonathan appointed Yoruba to head sensitive ministries like Agriculture and Science & Technology among others. The real benefit that SW derived from Jonathan's government were the massive infrastructural projects like the Ilesha dam which has given Osun pipeborne for the first time since 1966. Tribalism is what turned SW leaders against him nothing more

But why are you complaining about Buhari then? He gave you sensitive Ministries such as the same Science & Tech, Industry and Trade, Labour and Productivity, etc. The 2nd Niger bridge construction is ongoing. The Enugu - Onitsha road abandoned by Jonathan for 6 years is back in construction, ditto with Enugu - Aba - Portharcourt. Why are you still crying marginalisation?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by nku5: 9:34pm On May 09, 2017
aribisala0:
Yes o sensitive indeed. You know say Yoruba like amala. So Agric ministry go guarantee their amala future

See how GEJ marginlised SW o. Very wicked man.

"The Governor of Osun State, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, has commended the Federal Government for its huge efforts towards provision of potable water to the people of the state, in particular Ilesha town.
Aregbesola added that Ilesha town had been without potable water for 40 years and so expressed great delight that the FG has come to the aid of the people.
The governor gave the commendation when the Minister of Water Resources, Sarah Reng Ochekpe, accompanied by the ministry’s technical officials, inspected the Ilesha dam and paid him a courtesy call at the Government House in Osogbo on February 20.
Aregbesola expressed appreciation to the minister for her unusual interest in the welfare of the people of the state.
He explained that the suffering of the people searching for potable water would become a thing of the past as soon as the project is completed."

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/aregbesola-commends-fgs-ilesa-water-works-project/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Afam4eva(m): 9:34pm On May 09, 2017
deji15:

But why are you complaining about Buhari then? He gave you sensitive Ministries such as the same Science & Tech, Industry and Trade, Labour and Productivity, etc. The 2nd Niger bridge construction is ongoing. The Enugu - Onitsha road abandoned by Jonathan for 6 years is back in construction, ditto with Enugu - Aba - Portharcourt. Why are you still crying marginalisation?
If God doesn't punish some of you, satan will have to do us the honours because the way some of you lie with reckless abandon will make satan feel threatened.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by aribisala0(m): 9:35pm On May 09, 2017
Afam4eva:

What were said in 2011 that have never been said before by everyone else. Stop acting liek a saint and give it a break already. The cacophony that is coming from your mouths are definitely ambidextrous to say the least.
Spare us the bombast and use words that you know and are comfortable with.You look ridiculous with your contrived constructions. There are many bigots here on Nairaland who are proud of it why don't you have the courage of your convictions and man up instead of your hypocrisy which we all can see through? You are A FAKE GUY

15 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by raumdeuter: 9:35pm On May 09, 2017
Afam4eva:
Sometimes, i'm forced to support the call for disintegration of the country because some of you are just incorrigible and it's nauseating to say the least. The country is not yours to determine what happens and that is why we've been calling for true federalism so that everyone can answer their papa name and APC rode on that, only to get there and change their dance tune from jazz to apala.

Please support this call for disintegration and champion it by telling your brothers to relocate back to their homelands. Its time to develop their fatherland and stop developing everywhere else

When GEJ was being dealt with by the cabal, it was notable Yoruba sons like Wole Soyinka, Falana and Bakare who championed the cause for him to be made substantive president.

In 2011 all Yoruba states but one voted GEJ, He got there and he joined the chorus of calling Yoruba leaders rascals, joined the people who called us Amala people

In 2015 we sent him back to where he deserves back to his creek with his clueless self

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by aribisala0(m): 9:38pm On May 09, 2017
Afam4eva:

Mr man, you and i will agree that the daura man is not doing any correction. He's simply correcting the level playing field that Jonathan put in place, so that the power brokers of the north can seize the country like their fore fathers told them to. There's no way in hell fire that southerners will exceed northerners in any government agency let alone a para military one.
Do you have proof

12 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Afam4eva(m): 9:39pm On May 09, 2017
aribisala0:
Spare us the bombast and use words that you know and are comfortable with.You look ridiculous with your contrived constructions. There are many bigots here on Nairaland who are proud of it why don't you have the courage of your convictionsite and man up instead of your hypocrisy which we all can see through? You are A FAKE GUY
It pains you people so much because i have refused to accept your tag as a tribalist which i have belabored to everyone that cares to listen that i'm neither a tribalist or ethnic supremacist. I put it to you to proof your accusations and quit towing the path that your compatriots have dared and failed woefully.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 09, 2017
Afam4eva:

According to this thread below, Imo state leads in the number of Civil Servants in Nigeria. Who is marginalising who? Liars will die miserably.

https://www.nairaland.com/3775805/imo-state-highest-number-civil#56143458

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 09, 2017
Afam4eva:

If God doesn't punish some of you, satan will have to do us the honours because the way some of you lie with reckless abandon will make satan feel threatened.
Nna, I see as the truth dey pepper you for body, dey tear you for bodi. Only the truth can set you free. Not propaganda. It did not work for Ojucrook, certainly it will not work for you.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by nku5: 9:41pm On May 09, 2017
deji15:

Enough clowning for one evening. Go here and see the massive level of infrastructure that GEJ gave SW between 2011 -2015 before bigotry and spirit of betrayal embodied by Tinubu overwhelmed goodwill and common sense www.bpp.gov.ng
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by raumdeuter: 9:41pm On May 09, 2017
Afam4eva:

The Daura man is doing fine for those who voted him, Those who arent satisfied should go and complain to Jonathan (Like you advised us to go meet Tinubu).

The West have now learnt how the game is played, Just like the East allied with the North in 1960, 1979, 1983, 1993. And we were in the opposition let the east also play opposition for 50yrs

17 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by jollymizzle(m): 9:43pm On May 09, 2017
ProWalker:
NL Igbos are strategically avoiding this thread cheesy cheesy cheesy
based on logistics why won't they. Now everyone knows who betrayed whom, Gej realised his mistake at the tail end of his political career and nearly moved aso rock to lagos. Trying to buy us with dollars. What on earth made him decide to marginalize us after we voted for him despite being in opposition? I'm sure Gej will write someday that it was his greatest mistake ever

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Afam4eva(m): 9:43pm On May 09, 2017
raumdeuter:

Please support this call for disintegration and champion it by telling your brothers to relocate back to their homelands. Its time to develop their fatherland and stop developing everywhere else

When GEJ was being dealt with by the cabal, it was notable Yoruba sons like Wole Soyinka, Falana and Bakare who championed the cause for him to be made substantive president.

In 2011 all Yoruba states but one voted GEJ, He got there and he joined the chorus of calling Yoruba leaders rascals, joined the people who called us Amala people

In 2015 we sent him back to where he deserves back to his creek with his clueless self
Some times i wonder which Texas that you reside. The one in the US or Texas street in Ojuelegba because you usually sound like a stark illiterate. There are thousands to millions of Igbos calling for the disintegration of the country ad it is still you people that will sit comfy in your bedrooms calling for their heads. How on earth do you want to share the same country with people you love to hate and hate to love. Are you sadists? The onus is on you to join the call like people who have balls and doing and stop running your mouth from your closet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by OAUTemitayo: 9:44pm On May 09, 2017
raumdeuter:

Twale.
Afam4ever's Hypocrisy is unfortunate.
The same Yorubas that voted enmasse for GEJ were labelled rascals by GEJ and Ibos urged him on then.
Bunch of Hypocrites.
If you want disintegration, relocate to the east.
Nonsense

15 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by aribisala0(m): 9:44pm On May 09, 2017
raumdeuter:

The Daura man is doing fine for those who voted him, Those who arent satisfied should go and complain to Jonathan (Like you advised us to go meet Tinubu).

The West have now learnt how the game is played, Just like the East allied with the North in 1960, 1979, 1983, 1993. And we were in the opposition let the east also play opposition for 50yrs
SIMPLES

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 09, 2017
nku5:

Enough clowning for one evening. Go here and see the massive level of infrastructure that GEJ gave SW between 2011 -2015 before bigotry and spirit of betrayal embodied by Tinubu overwhelmed goodwill and common sense www.bpp.gov.ng

You take your own advice. Stop clowning. Buhari is rehabilitating roads abandoned by your IB hero. All you paper achievements is DOA.

Even Buhari has just commisioned the Otuoke water project that their "son" failed to deliver. Shame no dey catch una at all. And this was a time when Nigeria enjoyed oil boom, no be now wey oil money don fall yakata, yet the man still dey manage give una road under 2 years of his administration. But ya bloda wasted the countries resources for 6 years with next to nothing to show for it .

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by raumdeuter: 9:47pm On May 09, 2017
The funny thing is like someone posted on this thread no shout of biafra till 2015

they lost election and they remembered biafuro

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by USAbabe(f): 9:48pm On May 09, 2017
So marginalization in nigeria
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by aribisala0(m): 9:48pm On May 09, 2017
Afam4eva:

Some times i wonder which Texas that you reside. The one in the US or Texas street in Ojuelegba because you usually sound like a stark illiterate. There are thousands to millions of Igbos calling for the disintegration of the country ad it is still you people that will sit comfy in your bedrooms calling for their heads. How on earth do you want to share the same country with people you love to hate and hate to love. Are you sadists? The onus is on you to join the call like people who have balls and doing and stop running your mouth from your closet.

Your case is worse you fancy yourself as an intellectual when in reality you are marginally better than a dunce and completely oblivious to your predicament. You have two problems so why are you so exultant?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by OAUTemitayo: 9:51pm On May 09, 2017
Afam4eva:
Afam4eva has spoken the truth. You cannot eat your cake and still want to have. APC controls the center.So, states that will benefit from the center are APC states. They should go and meet oga Jonathan if they feel marginalized.

Afam4ever I don help you fix am.
You bloody Hypocrite.
The internet never forget

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by aribisala0(m): 9:53pm On May 09, 2017
OAUTemitayo:

Afam4ever I don help you fix am.
You bloody Hypocrite.
The internet never forget
He is shameless

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by OAUTemitayo: 9:54pm On May 09, 2017
This thread sweet die

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by OAUTemitayo: 9:57pm On May 09, 2017
raumdeuter:
The funny thing is like someone posted on this thread no shout of biafra till 2015

they lost election and they remembered biafuro
They only remembered Bifaraud after GEJ lost.
I am enjoying this

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by aribisala0(m): 9:58pm On May 09, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
This thread sweet die
no be small tin o

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (84) (Reply)

Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) / 2019 Governorship Election Results In Nigeria As Announced By INEC / Kogi Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results, Reports And Live Monitoring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.