Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note (14560 Views)

CBN Denies Introducing Policy To Make $1 To ₦1.25 / Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria / Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Unrated900(m): 6:24am On Nov 30, 2022
endsarrrs:

Bigot

Ipigs
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by NaijaCover(m): 6:35am On Nov 30, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Bobbiee: 6:46am On Nov 30, 2022
Why do they even bother announcing to us. Do they even listen to anyone but themselves in the first place?
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by MrBroke(m): 6:49am On Nov 30, 2022
What Nigerians know how to do best is complain, complain and complain coupled with their tribalist sentiment about the country. I don't pity broke people no more cause is not the president's fault but theirs. Complaining everytime, refusing to work, spending unnecessary, hoping on God for money instead doing the little job available, begging people for money everytime, yahoo/ritualistic motherfuckers, all of you are the reason why Nigeria is like this. If you focus on your personal growth and live your life rightly, you won't attack people everytime cause you are not better and will have no time splitting shit.
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by MrJames007: 6:51am On Nov 30, 2022
kevwemike:
Pls as anyone heard about this company b4 pls help a brother.
Did you apply
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Toriagirl(f): 6:54am On Nov 30, 2022
There are more better things to put all these energies, if you guys like print N10,000 note, it doesn't change the fact that, thousands of youths are unemployed.
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by xevove2061: 6:54am On Nov 30, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Did IPOB kill one of your relation

Why the accusations against IPOB without evidence tongue

Na big fool. I swear, if there was a nairaland alternative, i would have left since. The amount of useless people on the forum is mind boggling. I cant imagine what this place was in 2009, compared to now. Very useless people everywhere. The worst thing is that if you see them in real life, you wiĺl be surprised if its the same person online. Useless people everywhere.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by BestMan001: 7:00am On Nov 30, 2022
Yankiss:
Higher denomination notes will only worsen hyperinflation. No strong currency has very high denomination. The US dollar, British pounds sterling, Euro.

Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by BestMan001: 7:00am On Nov 30, 2022
bestman09:
It's even better to scrap the big denominations so that the naira can worth anything.

Do you realize that N50 can hardly buy anything now?

My own concern is that 20$ monthly limit on our ATM card is embarrassing and frustrating

True
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by MoneySEASON: 7:05am On Nov 30, 2022
chatinent:
I don't see anything wrong in having a ₦5k note. It's long overdue.

You don't see anything wrong? undecided

Don't you know things will be damn costly if the 5k note is introduced?

You'll be surprised when it's introduced, you could be buying some certain things that are not supposed to worth up to 1k for something like 3-5K.

Nigeria should even scrap 1k and 5H sef. The value will increase and price of things will reduce. What's US highest currency? Just 100 dollar right? While is our own now 1k and you want them to print 5k?

Don't you know the higher the amount they print, the more the 5,10,20,50 and 100 and even 200 becomes worthless? undecided

Politicians will loot money because it will be easier for them to move around with huge some of money without having to carry 10 bullion vans or whatsoever.

Do you have enough money or come from a rich family background to cope if it happens?

C'mon man, you're better than this. Stop saying things that make you look worthless online.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Blacksavage: 7:09am On Nov 30, 2022
If una print 10,000note waiting go be go be...
Make all of una getat undecided
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by FireUpNow(m): 7:12am On Nov 30, 2022
Godwin Emiefele and Mohammadu Buhari are so incompetent and wasteful. By the time they finally ground the economy they will be come happy spoilers
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by chatinent: 7:22am On Nov 30, 2022
MoneySEASON:

You don't see anything wrong? undecided

Don't you know things will be damn costly if the 5k note is introduced?

You'll be surprised when it's introduced, you could be buying some certain things that are not supposed to worth up to 1k for something like 3-5K.

Nigeria should even scrap 1k and 5H sef. The value will increase and price of things will reduce. What's US highest currency? Just 100 dollar right? While is our own now 1k and you want them to print 5k?

Don't you know the higher the amount the print, the more the 5,10,20,50 and 100 and even 200 becomes worthless? undecided

Politicians will loot money because it will be easier for them to move around with huge some of money without having to carry 10 bullion vans or whatsoever.

Do you have enough money or come from a rich family background to cope if it happens?

C'mon man, you're better than this. Stop saying things that make you look worthless online.

That's what you think. You are only looking at its disadvantages. The introduction of it can also limit the want for dollars. It's not all about inflation. Inflation is only when there is an over-circulation...not when there's a new money print.

And whoever told you politicians cannot loot more in dollars tho with or without it. You guys are always using traditional statistics to defend reality.

Printing new notes don't really affect the economy. It's corrupt leaders who do.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by RenaissanceGuy: 7:30am On Nov 30, 2022
chatinent:
I don't see anything wrong in having a ₦5k note. It's long overdue.
There's a lot of things wrong with it. CBN under Jonathan wanted to introduce it around 2013, but when people cried out against it that it'd lead to massive inflation, they backed out. Imagine a worker earning ₦35K withdrawing 7 pieces of notes from the ATM. Imagine taking a ₦5K note to go buy something worth ₦250 — where would the seller get change to give you? Before you know it, prices of goods will start rounding up to the nearest hundred and thousand. The same thing happened after the introduction of ₦1000.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 7:32am On Nov 30, 2022
chatinent:

That's what you think. You are only looking at its disadvantages. The introduction of it can also limit the want for dollars. It's not all about inflation. Inflation is only when there is an over-circulation...not when there's a new money print.

Wch kind sense u get grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 7:34am On Nov 30, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Ipob will concoct story and post it on social media, when authorised agencies distance themselves from the report, same ipob will say they are denying what they had said.

I still don't know where the rumour of printing higher denominations are coming from. Prior to the launching of the redesigned notes, Emeka was arguing seriously about higher denominations. He even backed his argument that the reason for higher denominations was that Buhari and Tinubu were planning to steal plenty money to go save in amelica.

I asked Emeka where he got this information. His response was not just amusing, but very funny, so at that point, I stopped the argument. His brother who was very close to Simon Ekpa was the source. grin

mumu, because you are shortof words to defend your darling daddy, na y u dey rant like a retired slay-queen...
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by johnjay4u2u(m): 7:42am On Nov 30, 2022
kevwemike:

Scammer

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Raxxye(m): 7:49am On Nov 30, 2022
Thortp:
Anything you like, print.

Do we even have any opinion? Before somebody will say na hate speech.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:49am On Nov 30, 2022
WibusJaga:

They will soon need to print 5k & even 10k notes considering the rate at which prices are escalating & smaller notes like 5,10, &20 naira notes are becoming worthless.
Unless something drastic is done like voting out PDAPC. cool
Do 5 Naira note still exist?
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Naustine(m): 7:54am On Nov 30, 2022
sukkot:
grin

I bet u its those networking business people.

If I doubt me, go and let me know the result after

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Owodiran1(m): 7:56am On Nov 30, 2022
Welcome to the Era of 1$ to ₦5k
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Doracity82(m): 7:57am On Nov 30, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Ipob will concoct story and post it on social media, when authorised agencies distance themselves from the report, same ipob will say they are denying what they had said.

I still don't know where the rumour of printing higher denominations are coming from. Prior to the launching of the redesigned notes, Emeka was arguing seriously about higher denominations. He even backed his argument that the reason for higher denominations was that Buhari and Tinubu were planning to steal plenty money to go save in amelica.

I asked Emeka where he got this information. His response was not just amusing, but very funny, so at that point, I stopped the argument. His brother who was very close to Simon Ekpa was the source. grin
. IPOB will make this boy mad soon.
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Kayouzka(m): 8:08am On Nov 30, 2022
Poliliers
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 30, 2022
endsarrrs:
lipsrsealed

“What we are printing is going to be very limited because we want other
means of settling transactions to be used,”

Worthless CBN and it weak Naira

U must use emefiele’s e-naira by force by fire
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Cmanforall: 8:13am On Nov 30, 2022
That will be end on Naira
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Daviestunech(m): 8:16am On Nov 30, 2022
kevwemike:

SCAM BETTER RUN

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by MoneySEASON: 8:26am On Nov 30, 2022
chatinent:

And whoever told you politicians cannot loot more in dollars tho with or without it. You guys are always using traditional statistics to defend reality.

Printing new notes don't really affect the economy. It's corrupt leaders who do.

You made a point though, but you should always consider the weight of the disadvantages. If it will cause more harm than good, because everything thing has disadvantages, but it shouldn't outside the advantages.

If you say it's corrupt leader that makes it look as if it's a bad thing, then we aren't ready for it as long as these bad and corrupt leaders are still rulling us.

When a sane and honest man attains the seat, then we can all embrace it without thinking twice.
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Raychee(f): 8:28am On Nov 30, 2022
You want to print somebody's salary in one note grin? If that one goes missing, fainting loading.....

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Moneymakeguild: 8:49am On Nov 30, 2022
Onucs:
worthless country, worthless leadership, worthless currency. spits!
definitely somehow truthful
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Scamburster(m): 8:50am On Nov 30, 2022
mradjoy:
Someone showed me that fake 5k note few days ago online and I was like is CBN printing 5k note along with the redesign of the old notes?

Incase you are planning to travel/japa
I sell cheaper flight tickets to anywhere in the world, my DM is open or do it urself here: https://go.adjoytravels.com/NRLD
Help my hustle abeg. Kindly help share with family and friends thank you
Quote in a dead thread let discuss there.
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 30, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Hope you get handsomely rewarded for your tribalistic junk? dumbo
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by hustla(m): 9:08am On Nov 30, 2022
chatinent:

Pls just keep quiet

You have been chatting nonsense and obviously you don't know how the economy works

Go back to ss1 and study economics all over again

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Women To Emulate / External Reserves Drop To $27.85bn As Foreign Investors Repatriate $30.2m / Nigerian Stocks The Best Global Performer,haven't Had A Run This Good Since 2001

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.