Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? (32866 Views)

New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today / Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note / Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by concho(m): 4:45pm On Feb 10, 2023
I am a trader in main market Onitsha. I have a shop in Popular Relief market and also Visited “New parts “ market in Onitsha today .

Despite the today’s (10th February ) deadline from the CBN, everyone in these markets are still trading as if nothing is happening. Starting from the motorists to the hawkers in Onitsha, no one rejects the old notes.

Though I'm scared, but I didn't give any directives to my subjects. They collects anyone they see.

As I type this, they have made up to #300,000 cash from today's sales while I wallow in confusion.

What is the situation in your area please, are the old notes rejected or being accepted??

N:B, don't mind my English, I'm just a trader

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Badguyyyy123: 4:48pm On Feb 10, 2023
In yenegoa here 80% traders reject the old naira note, even nnpc filling station reject old note

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by satelliteDISH(m): 4:50pm On Feb 10, 2023
In my area here in Benin City illiterate people are still collecting it. Their is a rumour going round that they extended it to 15th.

44 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by minosky: 4:52pm On Feb 10, 2023
Are you serious
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by jchioma: 4:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
Truly, there's confusion everywhere. In my area. Shops have started rejecting the old notes since yesterday. Some shops didn't even open today. Market women are still left with old notes, because their business is cash based. Most people don't know whether to deposit the few old notes left in their possession or deposit theirs and then have to queue or pay exorbitant charges to POS agents to withdraw same. Even the elites are not left out as the cash crunch is being felt by all and sundry in one way or the other.

May it not be well with all those urchins and Batstards that forced the government to take this pathway and maintain sanity n order to keep them from gaining entry into the national coffers of a dying country.

angelfallz:
Generally, Nigeria is trying to move away from cash. So, such people should open a bank account. The excuse that they are illiterate will not work any more.

The best case scenario would be for the govt. to target these "illiterate" people and make special programmed training available for their them. Some have bank account but issues of transfer either with bank app or ussd process is alien to them coupled with network wahala of getting alerts in record time, which is still a challenge needs to be resolved. Things will never be the same.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by CilicMarin: 4:56pm On Feb 10, 2023
In Lagos! Nobody is even aware there is any dateline. Both the old and new ones are being spent.

May God Punish Peter Obi, Atiku and Emefiele.

142 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Mrkumareze(m): 4:56pm On Feb 10, 2023
My brother, you better find how to deposit the money. Buhari does not obey any court order, its therefore possible for him not to even listen to the supreme court.

It's better to have your goods intact than to have money you can't spend

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Pierced(f): 4:57pm On Feb 10, 2023
The question is will bank accept it on Monday?

Here at mile 12 market...... people are still collecting old notes.

Although.....I am no longer it.....but my neighbours are still collecting it.

18 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by DaniDani(m): 4:57pm On Feb 10, 2023
Here in ABA, many people are rejecting the old notes especially the higher denominations of 1000,500, and 200. They are accepting onl 100 and 50naira old notes, higher denominations must be new notes.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by BossGerald: 5:01pm On Feb 10, 2023
Strong head people full onitsha, nkpor and Obosi...I see people still collecting it here, but I don't accept anything short of new naira note.

I always go the ATM queue and withdraw new notes.

Vote OBI2023

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Salvador1: 5:13pm On Feb 10, 2023
CilicMarin:
In Lagos! Nobody is even aware there is any dateline. Both the old and new ones are being spent.

you are a terrible liar.

Almost all filling stations are rejecting the old note here in Lagos.

Children of darkness and enemy of this country must be rejected.

194 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Light78: 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2023
CilicMarin:

Old tactic. Stop tagging peter Obi and Atiku to that.

You are just an Urchin

209 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Pierocash(m): 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2023
Nobody send you for Ph,it is been accepted everywhere.

But why are people rejecting the old notes, the deadline is still far . FG said they will comply with the order of supreme Court. So, why rejecting it

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by ahiboilandgas: 5:22pm On Feb 10, 2023
concho:
I am a trader in main market Onitsha. I have a shop in Popular Relief market and also Visited “New parts “ market in Onitsha today .

Despite the today’s (10th February ) deadline from the CBN, everyone in these markets are still trading as if nothing is happening. Starting from the motorists to the hawkers in Onitsha, no one rejects the old notes.

Though I'm scared, but I didn't give any directives to my subjects. They collects anyone they see.

As I type this, they have made up to #300,000 cash from today's sales while I wallow in confusion.

What is the situation in your area please, are the old notes rejected or being accepted??

you have to deposit in cbn.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Houseontherock1: 5:22pm On Feb 10, 2023
In Ibadan, we are still transacting business with old and new naira notes, nobody cares about any deadline

BTW, even if you lose the 300k, don't worry. it's for the good of the country cheesy

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Parachoko: 5:23pm On Feb 10, 2023
drunk?

4 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by yarimo(m): 5:23pm On Feb 10, 2023
satelliteDISH:
In my area here in Benin City illiterate people are still collecting it. Their is a rumour going round that they extended it to 15th.
You are the illiterate here, it's legal until the court rules on the matter.

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by christistruth01: 5:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
BossGerald:
Strong head people full onitsha, nkpor and Obosi...I see people still collecting it here, but I don't accept anything short of new naira note.

I always go the ATM queue and withdraw new notes.

Vote OBI2023

Are the ATMs dispensing new notes in Onitsha ?

5 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by ganisucks(f): 5:29pm On Feb 10, 2023
CilicMarin:

By next week, the situation will become clearer. Then you can bank with your old notes at Bank De Ganduje.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Googledotcom: 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2023
I did not go to work today because I don't want to be stranded on the road. I only have 1k old note left in my wallet.

5 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Olachase(m): 5:37pm On Feb 10, 2023
Here in lagos I don't think people care about the deadline again

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by GoodCane: 5:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
Here in Benin City they're still collecting the old Naira note. As it is now, if u no collect am hunger go Kee you. However, not everyone is accepting it, only some people!

20 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Googledotcom: 5:40pm On Feb 10, 2023
Pierocash:
Nobody send you for Ph,it is been accepted everywhere.

But why are people rejecting the old notes, the deadline is still far . FG said they will comply with the order of supreme Court. So, why rejecting it
This is not true o, some shops around my area in PH deliberately shut their shops cus of this deadline.

5 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Dhury: 5:42pm On Feb 10, 2023
I didn't wanted to like your post for saying ;N:B, don't mind my English, I'm just a trader . for looking down on your self by saying you are just a trader I here by advice you to abandon your business that gives you 300k+return per day and focus on English grammar, your favorite foreign language!!

54 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by seborrhic: 5:47pm On Feb 10, 2023
Googledotcom:
I did not go to work today because I don't want to be stranded on the road. I only have 1k old note left in my wallet.
Many people are in the same situation as you.
That is why I was highly disappointed when Obi voiced his support for the retention of the 10th February deadline.
Atiku doesn't send,he is ready to do anything to ensure he wins the presidency,which is a pipe dream.He can even call his mother names to achieve his aim.So he stupidly believes it would actually curb vote buying.
But Obi should have known better,seeing the suffering of the common folks,who are the ones even rooting for him;seeing the enormous damage it's done to our economy,himself being a former banker and giving the impression being well grasped in economic matters,he should have expressed reservations about the policy.
Now small businesses are in dire straights,many people don't even feed because they don't have the cash to do so.
The ironic thing is that the scarcity would even now benefit vote buyers because they now have to spend less to buy votes.Just give anyone that can be bought a few of the new notes to solve their immediate needs and they have won that vote.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by BossGerald: 5:47pm On Feb 10, 2023
christistruth01:

Are the ATMs dispensing new notes in Onitsha ?

Yes, even some pos agents are collecting normal fees around head bridge

3 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Jflex07(m): 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2023
CilicMarin:

Urchins are scared of insulting buhari who is the man brain behind this new note. God punish all urrchins

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Jflex07(m): 5:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
seborrhic:

Many people are in the same situation as you.
That is why I was highly disappointed when Obi voiced his support for the retention of the 10th February deadline.
Atiku doesn't send,he is ready to do anything to ensure he wins the presidency,which is a pipe dream.He can even call his mother names to achieve his aim.So he stupidly believes it would actually curb vote buying.
But Obi should have known better,seeing the suffering of the common folks,who are the ones even rooting for him;seeing the enormous damage it's done to our economy,himself being a former banker and giving the impression being well grasped in economic matters,he should have expressed reservations about the policy.
Now small businesses are in dire straights,many people don't even feed because they don't have the cash to do so.
The ironic thing is that the scarcity would even now benefit vote buyers because they now have to spend less to buy votes.Just give anyone that can be bought a few of the new notes to solve their immediate needs and they have won that vote.
Was it Obi who introduced the policy? Urchins must urchinate.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by christistruth01: 5:58pm On Feb 10, 2023
BossGerald:

Yes, even some pos agents are collecting normal fees around head bridge

Is there any shortage of New notes in Onitsha?

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by iokpebholo: 6:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
Here in Asaba fast food, fueling stations,and shops are rejecting old notes.People are rushing to banks to make deposit but d illiterate and stubborn ones are still collecting

13 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by nabiz(m): 6:20pm On Feb 10, 2023
concho:

even public hospital are rejecting the money. Went to wuse general hospital for a medical checkup, the rejected the money

6 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by maxist2020(m): 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2023
CilicMarin:

The way God is already punishing your frustrated life, if not what is Obi and Atiku doing in your comment fool.

28 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Does TTO/TTT Mean In Relation to Crude Oil? / What Can You Learn From This Business Strategy? / Dairo Damilola Opeyemi Redefining Auto-parts Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.