Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction (3187 Views)

Court Affirms Obaseki Faction As Authentic Candidates / Orbih Celebrates As Court Bars INEC From Recognizing Obaseki’s Faction / Kano APC Crisis: Ganduje’s Faction Loses In Court, Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by garfield1: 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2022
fergie001:
This is not true. @garfield1 @aiel123

The Appeal Court made a confusing judgement and as I speak to you, they are re-sitting on the matter.

The Orbih group filed out of time and they transmitted an incomplete records to the Appeal Court. The Supreme Court has ruled that the Court has no jurisdiction once there is an incomplete transmission of records:

Only three things can be done:
- Strike out the case for want of jurisdiction
- Take the case back to the lower Court and re-assign to another Judge to rule de novo.
- Rule on the case by waiver only if Counsels of both parties agree.

The Judges set aside the lower Court Judgement then said incomplete records of appeal, the case is struck out.

So, they are re-sitting today to make definite pronouncements, one of the three above will happen.

Then,I am not totally wrong then.
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by garfield1: 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2022
buhariguy:
even with obaseki faction, pdp can't get 25%

Are you sure
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by fergie001: 1:59pm On Nov 30, 2022
garfield1:

Then,I am not totally wrong then.
I don't think it's your fault. It has been all over the news for like three days, but I wanted to be sure before posting.
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by buhariguy(m): 2:00pm On Nov 30, 2022
garfield1:

Are you sure
nobody is talking about pdp in edo,
Only obaseki appointee may vote for atiku,
Those that voted against apc before will vote for obi
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by quickberry(m): 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2022
shocked
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by garfield1: 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2022
Penguin2:

Atiku will not win any Southern state.

I’m telling you he might not get 25% in any Southern state and you are talking about winning Delta and AKS. Are you sure you have ear on ground at all?

Talking about Tinubu winning Edo because he’s Yoruba is like saying Atiku will win Southeast because he’s PDP. The problem I have with you is your over reliance on what happened in the past without taking cognizance of change in dynamics.

Or if you are relying on past results, can you say Tinubu will win Kano because Buhari won Kano in 2015 and 2019?

I repeat,the only objective obidient is immaculatejoe.you are never objective,at least I am the most objective tinubu fan here..how will obi win delta where pdp holds sway heavily with massive rigging? Do you think tinubu was foolish to visit gbaramatu the centre of rigging in delta? Akwa cross is my area,obi is not selling much or making waves in akwa ibom.you yourself can see the wave he is making in edo and rivers,you cant say same in bayelsa or aks.

I will rely on past results because of the Nigerian factor.you can't expect free and fair results all of a sudden,it must be gradual.even the law courts and football analysts rely on past events to judge.past elections dynamics usually influence or determine current polls.I can only use next year election to predict future ones.
I never said tinubu will win edo.I only said he would do well just like buhari.I have long given edo to obi.evidences on ground show that obi will win se convincingly,at least most ibos I meet support obi but in ss,a lot follow party blindly.some are still supporting pdp massively.the only place you see supporting obi heavily is edo and rivers.you dont see such heavy support outside those states.
Tinubu cannot win kano because kwankwaso is the most popular there.some states follow candidates,some states follow parties,some tribe and religion.ss follow party heavily.
In 2019,atiku heaviest support was from ss/se and those are where he won.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by garfield1: 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2022
buhariguy:
nobody is talking about pdp in edo,
Only obaseki appointee may vote for atiku,
Those that voted against apc before will vote for obi

Whee in edo are you from
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by garfield1: 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2022
fergie001:
I don't think it's your fault. It has been all over the news for like three days, but I wanted to be sure before posting.

No wonder.I saw it this morning when orbih faction raised alarm
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by fergie001: 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2022
garfield1:

No wonder.I saw it this morning when orbih faction raised alarm
The fear of the Orbih people is that if it goes back to the High Court, it will take time and the Obaseki people will now invoke the Supreme Court Judgement.

My only disappointment is that Orji-Abadua is a very senior Judge to make this kind of very silly errors.
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by garfield1: 2:21pm On Nov 30, 2022
fergie001:
The fear of the Orbih people is that if it goes back to the High Court, it will take time and the Obaseki people will now invoke the Supreme Court Judgement.

My only disappointment is that Orji-Abadua is a very senior Judge to make this kind of very silly errors.

Well,they are resitting to correct it.she didnt make any error after all the incomplete records matter can easily be waived by the appeal
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by Aiel123: 2:22pm On Nov 30, 2022
fergie001:
This is not true. @garfield1 @aiel123

The Appeal Court made a confusing judgement and as I speak to you, they are re-sitting on the matter.

The Orbih group filed out of time and they transmitted an incomplete records to the Appeal Court. The Supreme Court has ruled that the Court has no jurisdiction once there is an incomplete transmission of records:

Only three things can be done:
- Strike out the case for want of jurisdiction
- Take the case back to the lower Court and re-assign to another Judge to rule de novo.
- Rule on the case by waiver only if Counsels of both parties agree in writing.

The Judges set aside the lower Court Judgement then said incomplete records of appeal, the case is struck out.

So, they are re-sitting today to make definite pronouncements, one of the three above will happen.

Well done bro.
Let's awaits the appeal court judgement

1 Like

Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by fergie001: 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2022
garfield1:

Well,they are resitting to correct it.she didnt make any error after all the incomplete records matter can easily be waived by the appeal
The judgement was given on November 22.

It cannot be waived. Once incomplete records of appeal is proven, the Court has no jurisdiction unless one of those three I listed happens.

... the compilation and transmission of a complete record of appeal is a condition precedent to the assumption of jurisdiction by the appellate court. However, where the court is bereft of jurisdiction, the proper order to make is an order of striking out, not dismissal since the appeal has not been heard on the merit. (per Kekere-Ekun JSC in Access Bank Plc v Mr. A.N.C Onwuliri)

1 Like

Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by Gunayo(m): 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2022
garfield1:

Good.diri is looking uninterested.udom is wavering,obaseki looks suspicious.okowa,hmmm
If Atiku did not reconcile with Wike, Wike will make sure that Atiku didn't get significant votes in the entire South South. Atiku might not get 25% in most of the south south states. The moment Atiku refused to pick Wike as is vice, l knew he can't win. Atiku is not destined to be President of Nigeria. He was banking on the northern votes to become president not knowing that the northern votes will be split but will have the majority of votes sha.

1 Like

Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by garfield1: 3:12pm On Nov 30, 2022
fergie001:
The judgement was given on November 22.

It cannot be waived. Once incomplete records of appeal is proven, the Court has no jurisdiction unless one of those three I listed happens.

... the compilation and transmission of a complete record of appeal is a condition precedent to the assumption of jurisdiction by the appellate court. However, where the court is bereft of jurisdiction, the proper order to make is an order of striking out, not dismissal since the appeal has not been heard on the merit. (per Kekere-Ekun JSC in Access Bank Plc v Mr. A.N.C Onwuliri)

Then it will be heard on merit
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by Penguin2: 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2022
garfield1:

I repeat,the only objective obidient is immaculatejoe.you are never objective,at least I am the most objective tinubu fan here..how will obi win delta where pdp holds sway heavily with massive rigging? Do you think tinubu was foolish to visit gbaramatu the centre of rigging in delta? Akwa cross is my area,obi is not selling much or making waves in akwa ibom.you yourself can see the wave he is making in edo and rivers,you cant say same in bayelsa or aks.

I will rely on past results because of the Nigerian factor.you can't expect free and fair results all of a sudden,it must be gradual.even the law courts and football analysts rely on past events to judge.past elections dynamics usually influence or determine current polls.I can only use next year election to predict future ones.
I never said tinubu will win edo.I only said he would do well just like buhari.I have long given edo to obi.evidences on ground show that obi will win se convincingly,at least most ibos I meet support obi but in ss,a lot follow party blindly.some are still supporting pdp massively.the only place you see supporting obi heavily is edo and rivers.you dont see such heavy support outside those states.
Tinubu cannot win kano because kwankwaso is the most popular there.some states follow candidates,some states follow parties,some tribe and religion.ss follow party heavily.
In 2019,atiku heaviest support was from ss/se and those are where he won.

I am telling you now that Obi will win in all Southeast and Southsouth states. Bookmark this and remind me after the elections.

These two regions are like Siamese twins especially regards their political decisions. They have been voting one way for a long time and it will continue in 2023.

If Southeast can switch, Southsouth can switch too.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by fergie001: 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2022
garfield1:

Then it will be heard on merit
It was heard on merit at the lower Court.

Just also gathered that in the merits of the matter, the Dan Orbih group won. But on jurisdiction which is incomplete records, the Court struck out the suit.

The Justices called the lawyers on both sides to explain their mistake and tried to amend the judgement... Waiting for the outcome.
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by garfield1: 3:58pm On Nov 30, 2022
fergie001:
It was heard on merit at the lower Court.

Just also gathered that in the merits of the matter, the Dan Orbih group won. But on jurisdiction which is incomplete records, the Court struck out the suit.

The Justices called the lawyers on both sides to explain their mistake and tried to amend the judgement... Waiting for the outcome.

So the orbih group are on the right track
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by fergie001: 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2022
garfield1:

So the orbih group are on the right track
The Appeal Court is saying that the lower Court was not fair in its ruling, but any judgement no matter how finely delivered is null and void if that Court is non-jurisdictional.

Jurisdiction is the lifeblood and existence of any case (Onnoghen JSC as he then was).
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by garfield1: 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2022
Penguin2:

I am telling you now that Obi will win in all Southeast and Southsouth states. Bookmark this and remind me after the elections.

These two regions are like Siamese twins especially regards their political decisions. They have been voting one way for a long time and it will continue in 2023.

If Southeast can switch, Southsouth can switch too.

They dont always vote together.in 1960-1964,ss allied with the north.1979,bendel voted awo,rivers voted npn, akwa cross voted npn,.same in 1983.in 1993,abiola won ss,lost se.in 1999,anpp did very well in ss.so as you can see,they only vote alike when it is pdp.now that se are leaving pdp,ss will only leave partially.do an online research of atiku supporters in the south,most are from ss.
Se can easily switchh because obi is IBO,ss has okowa
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by garfield1: 5:02pm On Nov 30, 2022
fergie001:
The Appeal Court is saying that the lower Court was not fair in its ruling, but any judgement no matter how finely delivered is null and void if that Court is non-jurisdictional.

Jurisdiction is the lifeblood and existence of any case (Onnoghen JSC as he then was).

The courts have insisted that merit must be prioritized over technicalities.incomplete record is not a jurisdictional matter moreover it is within the discretion of the appeal to curb or waive it
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by Benwallt(m): 5:12pm On Nov 30, 2022
Racoon:
Let them keep fighting. Labour Party have long taken over Edo state.
1/36 is not a good score

1 Like

Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by fergie001: 5:33pm On Nov 30, 2022
garfield1:
The courts have insisted that merit must be prioritized over technicalities.incomplete record is not a jurisdictional matter moreover it is within the discretion of the appeal to curb or waive it
See, you and I know this.

Jurisdiction must remain Number One for any Court. There is a difference between jurisdiction and technicalities. You can win all the reliefs but once the table you stand on is null, every judgement dies.

The Appeal Court cannot waive same unless both parties consent in writing. They will have taken it to the lower Court but the case was heard on its merit there. The Appeal Court also heard the case on its merit as well but jurisdictionally had to strike it out.

The Supreme Court will just simply toss it aside.

You will see anyways but like I have told you all Judges agreed on the incomplete transmission of records and that's it.

The Judges have finalised, case struck out..... @aiel123

The appeal is meritorious and the lower Court did not do justice to same but for incomplete transmission of records, the case has been struck out. (Lead Judgement)

Orbih heads to Supreme Court.

Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by Aiel123: 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2022
fergie001:

Jurisdiction must remain Number One for any Court. There is a difference between jurisdiction and technicalities. You can win all the reliefs but once the table you stand on is null, every judgement dies.

The Appeal Court cannot waive same unless both parties consent in writing. They will have taken it to the lower Court but the case was heard on its merit there. The Appeal Court also heard the case on its merit as well but jurisdictionally had to strike it out.

You will see anyways but like I have told you all Judges agreed on the incomplete transmission of records and that's it.

The appeal is meritorious and the lower Court did not do justice to same but for incomplete transmission of records, the case has been struck out. (Lead Judgement)

Kudos for the timely reminder.

1 Like

Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by chrisxxx(m): 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2022
garfield1:

It will finish with the defeat of atiku.wike is now in control of 3 out of 6 pdp chapters in ss
Bros the only place I can't tell Wike's popularity in the SS state is Akwa Ibom. Delta and Bayelsa support Wike overwhelmingly. He has more fanatical supporters in Delta State than even in Rivers. Bayelsans are saying they won't forget his support for Jonathan. Wike is an enigma.
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by kcnwaigbo: 6:34pm On Nov 30, 2022
garfield1:

Atiku will win delta and aks,do not be deceived.
The surest state for tinubu in ss is edo.even buhari wrestled gej in edo in 2015,almost won in 2019,ask yourself why.edo have always voted for Yoruba candidates,do not be deceived by flashy and superficial things.
If you really believe Atiku can win Delta and Akwa Ibom state then you can as well as declare him the winner already.

I will not even bother to comment on Tinubu's chances of winning Edo state

1 Like

Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by garfield1: 6:46pm On Nov 30, 2022
chrisxxx:

Bros the only place I can't tell Wike's popularity in the SS state is Akwa Ibom. Delta and Bayelsa support Wike overwhelmingly. He has more fanatical supporters in Delta State than even in Rivers. Bayelsans are saying they won't forget his support for Jonathan. Wike is an enigma.

I'll agree with you but a lot of akwa cross people support wike.infact,wike is the most popular politician in ss.my problem with him is using judiciary to fight rivers apc and also presenting an unknown entity as candidate
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by ibechris(m): 6:47pm On Nov 30, 2022
garfield1:

Atiku will win delta and aks,do not be deceived.
The surest state for tinubu in ss is edo.even buhari wrestled gej in edo in 2015,almost won in 2019,ask yourself why.edo have always voted for Yoruba candidates,do not be deceived by flashy and superficial things.

Stop this nonsense jor.
How on earth would u ever say this.

Edo of all places...Haven't u heard that Edo no be Lagos?....and it was because of Tinubu that Edo coined that mantra,remember this is not Buhari ok.
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by garfield1: 6:48pm On Nov 30, 2022
fergie001:

Which records were not transmitted properly?
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by buhariguy(m): 6:49pm On Nov 30, 2022
garfield1:

Whee in edo are you from
I cover 5 local government.
I work in oredo, I stay in ovia north East.
My family house in egor and ovia south west.
I will vote in ikpoba- okha local government,
That is five local government and obi can not win any of the local government,
We have 7 local government in edo south.
Edo north is for oshomole,
Edo central are pdp
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by garfield1: 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2022
ibechris:

Stop this nonsense jor.

Edo of all places...Haven't u heard that Edo no be Lagos?....and it was because of Tinubu that Edo coined that mantra,remember this is not Buhari ok.

Tinubu is more loved in the south than buhari na.theres no how Buhari will have more votes than tinubu in edo..
Again,this is presidential not guber.pdp has been divided into obaseki and orbih faction.moreover,those that said Edo no be Lagos are regretting since obaseki has performed badly.they are ready to make amends.obi will win edo followed by tinubu

1 Like

Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by buhariguy(m): 6:52pm On Nov 30, 2022
ibechris:

Stop this nonsense jor.

edo no be lags vote will be share their vote for obi and atiku,
At last, apc will still win edo
Re: Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction by garfield1: 6:52pm On Nov 30, 2022
buhariguy:
I cover 5 local government.
I work in oredo, I stay in ovia north East.
My family house in egor and ovia south west.
I will vote in ikpoba- okha local government,
That is five local government and obi can not win any of the local government,
We have 7 local government in edo south.
Edo north is for oshomole,
Edo central are pdp

Hmmm.but most edo people support obi and most are in urban areas like oredo, egor,ikpoba,orhionmwon,uromi,auchi etc

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Letter To My Igbo Brothers / Obama Faces Potential Damage From His Pastor's Comments / Arik Begins Direct Flight To America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.