Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji (51994 Views)

Profile Of Chief Of Defence Staff, Maj-Gen Christopher Gwabin Musa / Gen. Faruk Yahaya Warns IPOB, ESN: Don’t Threaten Integrity Of Nigeria / Buhari Orders Nigerian Flag To Be Flown Half-mast For 3 Days In Honour Of COAS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by abidem4real: 10:05am On Dec 01, 2022
chisomkachy:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/11/30/niger-high-court-orders-arrest-remand-in-prison-of-coas-faruk-commandant-tradoc-minna-over-contempt/?amp=1
Nawa for court judgements of these days oooo! Imagine the EFCC Chairman, the IGP and army General all in prison! It's just funny to me.

Anyways, I wish them all a splendid vacation provided the judgements are honoured.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by Powersurge: 10:20am On Dec 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
They are giving unenforceable jankara judgements upandan.
check my signature for free stuffs!

You don't understand. All you are seeing is the surface. They would like them to disobey. E get why.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by Minime10(f): 10:35am On Dec 01, 2022
frankson1:

You didn't follow my comments on this. I never stated at any point that he can't be tried at all. The regular police can't arrest him and he can't be tried in the regular court.

He can only be tried in a regular court after dismissal which can only happen when he has been court-Martial and only by his superior.

Do you really understands what contempt proceedings mean
In contempt proceeding your all powerful general needed not to be arraigned formally before any regular Court before he can be committed.
You probably would have thought, the CJ who committed him, knows nothing about the Armed Forces Act, or perhaps have not read the Act establishing the institution (Military) which the COAS work with?
Mind you, the COAS was not accused of committing any crime that will warrant him going through the routine Court-Martialing procedures, but he was accused of being a contemptnor, which is a serious offence against the sanctitiy and the institution of the the Judiciary and the Rule of Law which the Court has the Constitutional powers to deal with.
You don't need to be a lawyer before you can appreciate some elementary legal stand points.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by slimfit1(m): 10:36am On Dec 01, 2022
charlesdinho7:

i am a soldier. you cannot come up with such nonsense concerning the boss. if e easy, rise to his position. do you even know what it means to be called the chief of army staff? you better wake up from your slumber

You are not well-trained, no disrespect to you, but the military because you are all still learning your roles and duties in a democratic setting 24 years later. Our military has all become house guards and house girls. They have become outlaw service officers. The chief should have offered himself for arrest just to save guard the reputation of the Nigerian military. The world is watching the way they behave. Every government department has its functions.

In a sane country, you can go and arrest him and he can not resist arrest. Because everyone knows nobody is above the law. The soldiers that should be in barracks for training or battlefield are all one the road collecting illegal taxes from poor innocent civilians and citizens.
The military that is supposed to protect the weak and harmless citizens of Nigeria are the one terrorizing her citizens from order from above to please politicians and their wives. Look at all these things I've mentioned and tell me I am wrong. Perhaps I should have asked you what your role or duties are as a soldier.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by OsinAmaka: 10:37am On Dec 01, 2022
Lawalabiodun:
Please, let's know once you get them arrested, enough of all this noise, EFCC, IGP, know nah chief of Army Staff.

May be they will hire Jack Bauer to do the work.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by olaniyilukman(m): 10:54am On Dec 01, 2022
HardMirror:
almost all the comments here shows why the countrybis in a mess. A judge did her job and the masses are mocking her. Are the masses agreeing that these men are above the law?
Instead of supporting the judge they are here saying nonsense.
It is not a nairaland problem this just shows how hopeless nigeria is
Good of you bro for your contribution....

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by Besto(m): 11:21am On Dec 01, 2022
Drefaithful:

for your information CDS doesn't command troops, COAS commands Troops, CDS is like a ceremonial appointment that oversee the 3 sisters service.

Shey COAS dey cut hand for CDS

Yes or No?
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by ModCaller: 11:32am On Dec 01, 2022
babzo:

I left school a long time ago, I don't do homework anymore; I give it to my students.

Accept you are wrong on this one and let's move on.

I cannot be wrong about what is clearly written in history books of US presidents.

Some people dull sha
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by Wuppdex: 11:35am On Dec 01, 2022
Don't mind the jesters, as if there are rule of law in Nigeria, Yahaya will even arrest the judge and nothing will happen. Useless animal kingdom.

SheikhMuniru:
Which police go arrest soldier?
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by babzo(m): 11:58am On Dec 01, 2022
ModCaller:

I cannot be wrong about what is clearly written in history books of US presidents.

Some people dull sha

Bro, this is a simple matter. Name the case, name the President, name the year. Anyone of those 3, not even all 3. You are just beating about the bush. grin
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:16pm On Dec 01, 2022
NIGERIA IS NOT A CIVILIZED PLACE BASED ON DISREGARD OF LAW BY LAW MAKERS. angry
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:18pm On Dec 01, 2022
NIGERIA IS NOT A CIVILIZED PLACE LIKE US OR UK, BASED ON D DISREGARD OF RULE OF LAW BY LAW MAKERS IN GOVNC. angry
THE DAY A CIVILIAN STRUCTURE ARREST A SERVING ARMY GEN THEN IS BEGINING OF MUTINY angryBEST YOU DO TO A GEN IS RETIRE HIM BEFORE ISSUING A WARRANT AGAINST HIM. sad
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
OsinAmaka:

May be they will hire Jack Bauer to do the work.
BAUER NEVER ARRESTED A SERVING GENERAL grin grin grin
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by owobokiri(m): 12:25pm On Dec 01, 2022
temitope27:
Nonsense judgement
How is it nonsense judgement?
Because tr army chief was involved?
He disobeyed the law! The Court has the right to bring him to order!
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by Femi316: 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2022
Military police nie go fit arrest them
SheikhMuniru:
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by nnamdiosu(m): 12:38pm On Dec 01, 2022
I'm sure that even the judge that passed this sentence was laughing as he was saying it, or say April fool after passing this judgement.

They should stop making the law looking like commedy , it's reducing the trust the common man has for it
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by luluman: 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2022
SheikhMuniru:
Not just police, they can be brought to book if they erred. Don't be a slow poke.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by mvem(m): 1:03pm On Dec 01, 2022
ModCaller:

You be goat if you can't do basic research.

Yes, it did happen. Go figure. We all have internet
you can easily quote this time

If you no be goat then Prove yourself. The onus is on you to show us when a sitting president in the US went against the Supreme Court ruling if that is even possible

I am waiting...you are a big fat liar

Prove yourself Mr goat
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by davillian(m): 1:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
SheikhMuniru:
The military police would arrest them and then hand them over to the police
But guess what it can't happen...
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by boluwatife122: 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2022
Judolisco:
soon they won't be able to take cases to court
that is d sad state we are facing as a country...

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by OsinAmaka: 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2022
PARADIZEPRIEST:
BAUER NEVER ARRESTED A SERVING GENERAL grin grin grin

He knows how to do his magic depending on the kind of Job.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by ForgetfulJones: 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2022
HardMirror:
if the COAS rapes your wife and kills your children will you take him to court? Wont you want him to be sentenced? Are you saying the courts should not do their job?
u r missing the whole point.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by 2016easy2017: 6:30pm On Dec 01, 2022
Good news. Justice now coming back to Nigeria. Imagine those small uniform soldiers behaving like a Lord. They'll sit silent now as their bosses are being arrested. Everyone would sit tight.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by Skyno1: 7:02pm On Dec 01, 2022
SheikhMuniru:

MP....that's the work of a military police
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by EKOSuperior(m): 10:23pm On Dec 01, 2022
It is good our Courts have started giving such orders, very soon it's implementation will start fully, it's a gradual process.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by tonyzeal(m): 12:36am On Dec 02, 2022
SheikhMuniru:
No be just soldier but the COAS

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by Alpharey: 6:26am On Dec 02, 2022
Fujiyama:

^^^
That ekuke barking is our last hope.

The loss of faith in that ekuke is the reason why Nigerians burn suspected thieves alive in our streets - only to sometimes find out later that the suspects were innocent.

The loss of faith in that ekuke is the reason why people have minor traffic accidents and instead of getting their insurance companies to sort things out - they come out of their cars and start brawling in the streets.

And so on.

That 'local dog' exists for a reason.

The question is, why did we loose faith on the judiciary, they allowed themselves to be messed up with under Buhari regime. During Yardua and GEJ tenure we know the power the judiciary wields but Buhari still used some of their members to render them powerless. So what do you want me ordinary man to say. They should sit up and live up to their standard
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by BreconHills(m): 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2022
fawaz050:

Don't you think a judge would no better?

It depends in which country the judge is.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of COAS Faruk Yahaya & Maj Gen Olabanji by SheikhMuniru(m): 2:13pm On Dec 06, 2022
RolexOfGeneva:

This comment makes you sound like an illiterate. I've seen unruly soldiers been arrested.

Have you seen Chief of Army Staff arrested before?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

David Hundeyin Publish Documentary On Tinubu's Alleged Drug Involvement In US / Remi Tinubu And Hajia Nana Shettima Meet Abdullahi Adamu In Abuja (Pictures) / Soldiers Arrest Fleeing Boko Haram Terrorists, Kill Many Others (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.