Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools (29042 Views)

States With The Most Unqualified Teachers In Primary Schools — Statisense / Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) / 'Making Love': Found In Primary School Book (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by Sagamite(m): 11:54am On Dec 01, 2022
phemmyfour:
We don't have enough teachers and resources e.g textbooks to achieve this.

And we can't build the capabilities and resources?
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by einsteine(m): 11:58am On Dec 01, 2022
Sagamite:

You are a moooronic cretiin!

What stuupid questions are these?

Are these the answers to the questions you were asked?

I will ask your dumbass again:

What is the relevance of how many languages are in Scandinavia?

What "discussions" will primary school students be having beyond their primary school friends?

They would be going for state conferences for discussions?

In your thick head you think because they say the language of instruction will be in a local language that means English will not be taught at primary schools?

The number of languages in Scandinavia is important because it explains why a policy may be good for them but not good for Nigeria which has over 200 languages.

You may not be well travelled in Nigeria and as such may be forgiven for your ignorance on the topic. In the south south states of Edo and Delta, there are close to 20 languages in each state with neighbouring villages sometimes having very different languages.

People change locations sometimes and having children relearn in different languages will not be ideal.

Simply put, you cannot compare Sweden or Denmark to Nigeria. Those countries have one language and years of linguistic development to support such a policy. Nigeria did not choose to use English as a language of instruction for early instruction by accident. It was a deliberate choice borne out of the peculiarities of the country.

Many primary schools in the Northern part of Nigeria use Hausa as a language of instruction. We can see the outcome in the poor performance of many of these students in competitive examinations. We can also see it in their inability to be fluent in the general lingua franca because of the poor foundation.

Of course, a great deal of introspection is necessary to understand my points and if it misses you, I would not be surprised. You have often manifested a dearth of intelligence.

If you had an IQ in the triple digits, you will not be asking these asinine questions and if you still fail to understand these points, you would have confirmed what I have always known you to be.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 01, 2022
And I think the best thing for your government to do is to only officiate Yoruba, Hausa, and Igbo as the languages that are going to be used as a tool of instruction in schools and make both the three of them available in all the schools in Nigeria.

Already the three languages are the most popular in your country.
miketayo:

so you mean if my child in SW is taught in Yoruba from Primary 1-3 and i get transferred to the north where they teach in Hausa, does it mean my child after learning in Yoruba from birth will start afresh from primary 1 in Hausa? because clearly, the child doesn't understand Hausa
how does that make sense?
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
2023 election manipulation in progress.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by Sagamite(m): 12:09pm On Dec 01, 2022
Bobbiee:

I believe this should not be implemented in major cities or areas that have a sizable ethnic minority or admixture. For instance, in a village or local town in Oyo, Anambra, Kaduna, this policy would be splendid. But in major cities where there's a sizable mix in ethnicities, this wouldn't work. Except they want segregation as that's the result of this policy, with specialized schools for Igbo, Hausa, efik, within a Yoruba state, and vice versa. This would be more trouble than it's worth.

I've always said it, Nigeria needs a new official language, a local language. It doesn't have to be one of the many languages. It could be a made up language like Guosa. But that could then be taught at primary level and we won't have this problem. This policy to me, would only raise a lot of problems.

Very well said.

But I think it is worth it.

I would rather have segregated schools at primary levels (which would be corrected at secondary) than have a bunch of fellow citizens with inferiority complex all their lives.

Secondly, the segregation will only occur in a few states' cities (like Port Harcourt, Kaduna & Kano) and some states (like Taraba, Adamawa, Nasarawa, Plateau, Kogi, Benue, and all of the South West). Not that damaging.
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by JAGS001(m): 12:13pm On Dec 01, 2022
Yureyes:

Lol. What happens if I’m not Yoruba and we happen to live in Ile Ife and I have no desire for my child to learn Yoruba. Will the school teach my child in his own mother tongue too? The dominant language spoken in the community doesn’t make it my mother tongue
some of you just like typing rubbish, do you mean if you lives in China or Korea and you're Hausa Igbo or Yoruba then you will ask the teachers in that country to teach your children in your tribe or not to speak their official learning language, if you live in Ile ife and you don't want your child to learn Yoruba you can send him to your bush in Apghaneastan region to go and learn authentic Igbo, werey tribal bigot oshi.
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
Schprobs:

These slavery mentality doesn't makes u thinks at all.
Imagine u can't even write in your own language but borrow languagae
if you cannot learn a language for 6 years of primary school, 6 years of secondary school, you have no business studying physics or chemistry which is advanced. if you want to use your language kindly tell your Hausa people or Yoruba to pass a bill so we can seperate and you speak any language you want. grin grin grin
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
Gandrova:
Slavery mentality
Olodo grin
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by musicwriter(m): 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
immortalcrown:
Instructional material and qualified teachers were never the problem. I don't know what the man means in his reference to these two factors.

Good. The problem is, how will the government ensure a child from tribe A living in tribe B gets proper lesson on tribe A language? For example, how a Yoruba kid in the North will be able to learn Yoruba language properly in the North.

ADDED:
For those claiming I didn't read the post, stop acting smart when you are highly ignorant. Because I pointed out the bigger problem, you claim I didn't see the smaller problem expressed in the post. Is this how your brain works? I read the post. I then pointed out where the major issue lies. As a matter of fact, a person's mother tongue is the language of the person's ancestors, not the language of a foreign region where the person was born and raised. The mother tongue of a Yoruba person born and raised in the North is Yoruba language, not Hausa language. The keyword in the meaning of "mother tongue" is "native". Is a child born by a Yoruba couple in the North a native of Hausa? Stop fooling yourselves.

You are the one who doesn't understand my comment. The post talks about the dominant language in the children's region of residence. I commented about the children's ancestral language, which is the biggest challenge in this regard. If you don't lack common sense, you would have known that what the government tackles here is not the actual problem. This is why the government always goes a million miles in misleading you before you realize you are misled. Have you ever seen a child of tribe A raised in tribe B and the child knows tribe A language more than he or she knows tribe B language? Even if you have seen a child like that, the case is very rare, it is less than 5%. Most of the tribe A children raised in tribe B even know tribe B language more than they know the tribe A language.

Almost every child grows to naturally understand the dominant language of his or her region of residence. Every Igbo kid raised in the North is even better in Hausa language than in Igbo language. Every Yoruba kid raised in the North is good in Hausa language, or even better in Hausa language than in Yoruba language. So, has the mother tongue of a place of residence ever been a serious problem for any kid? The serious challenge kids have is being fluent in the dominant language in their place of residence while knowing just little or nothing about the dominant language of their ancestral (native) tribe. The bigger problem I pointed is absolutely in line with the smaller problem expressed in this post. So, why are people replying me as if my comment is off-point or illogical? Tụfịakwa!

Though this policy would make a lot of sense if implemented when we practice true federalism but don't worry because there would be Yoruba schools in Kano.

Likewise, there would be Hausa schools in Lagos.

There would be Igbo schools in the North too and Hausa schools in Igbo land.

So, no matter what part of the country a child comes from, he/she would be schooled in a school teaching in is his/her mother tongue in that location.

But then, the parents of an Igbo child born in Kano, for example; may opt for the child to attend Hausa school instead of an Igbo school in Kano if they so wish. A Hausa family living in Anambra may also opt for their children to go to an Igbo school instead of a Hausa school in Anambra if they so wish. See, it would be about what tribe offers the best quality education if we're talking about a revolution in the educational sector up to university level.

In fact, to even make it better, it shouldn't only be limited to primary school but should extend till university if we really want to take control of our minds, knowledge and power as black people. That's when the Nigerian diversity would begin to make sense and would, for example; lead to home-grown intellectual competition to see who'll produce the best physicists, chemists, biologists, authors, economists, etc in our native languages.

That's the shortest path to get the illusive unity they are talking about.

1 Like

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
immortalcrown:
Instructional material and qualified teachers were never the problem. I don't know what the man means in his reference to these two factors.

Good. The problem is, how will the government ensure a child from tribe A living in tribe B gets proper lesson on tribe A language? For example, how a Yoruba kid in the North will be able to learn Yoruba language properly in the North.

ADDED:
For those claiming I didn't read the post, stop acting smart when you are highly ignorant. Because I pointed out the bigger problem, you claim I didn't see the smaller problem expressed in the post. Is this how your brain works? I read the post. I then pointed out where the major issue lies. As a matter of fact, a person's mother tongue is the language of the person's ancestors, not the language of a foreign region where the person was born and raised. The mother tongue of a Yoruba person born and raised in the North is Yoruba language, not Hausa language. The keyword in the meaning of "mother tongue" is "native". Is a child born by a Yoruba couple in the North a native of Hausa? Stop fooling yourselves.

You are the one who doesn't understand my comment. The post talks about the dominant language in the children's region of residence. I commented about the children's ancestral language, which is the biggest challenge in this regard. If you don't lack common sense, you would have known that what the government tackles here is not the actual problem. This is why the government always goes a million miles in misleading you before you realize you are misled. Have you ever seen a child of tribe A raised in tribe B and the child knows tribe A language more than he or she knows tribe B language? Even if you have seen a child like that, the case is very rare, it is less than 5%. Most of the tribe A children raised in tribe B even know tribe B language more than they know the tribe A language.

Almost every child grows to naturally understand the dominant language of his or her region of residence. Every Igbo kid raised in the North is even better in Hausa language than in Igbo language. Every Yoruba kid raised in the North is good in Hausa language, or even better in Hausa language than in Yoruba language. So, has the mother tongue of a place of residence ever been a serious problem for any kid? The serious challenge kids have is being fluent in the dominant language in their place of residence while knowing just little or nothing about the dominant language of their ancestral (native) tribe. The bigger problem I pointed is absolutely in line with the smaller problem expressed in this post. So, why are people replying me as if my comment is off-point or illogical? Tụfịakwa!

You talk too much and made zero sense...seeing faults in everything doesn't make you smart but exposes your ignorance.

Plus, it is clear your mind and thought process has been programed not to see anything good in whatever anyone does not matter how noble it is, reason sane people are calling you to order in this forum.

Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by Peterobi90: 12:18pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sagamite:

People will always find excuse to continue engaging in their colomentality.

The problem with education in Nigeria is funds and professionalism.

Whether language of instruction is in English, Bini, Gwari or Japanese, those problems in public schools will still exists.

In countries like Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, Iceland etc. the language of instruction for their children in primary and SECONDARY schools are their local mother tongue.

Secondly, they use their local language to teach the kids English.

Thirdly, as the children reach equivalent of Primary 4 to 6, they can further add another foreign language to learn like German, French or Spanish.

So these primary school kids are learning 3 fcking languages with their local language used as teaching instructions. Yet, contrary to what colomentality mugus like you will claim, it does not confuse them.

Adults of these countries taught in such manner speak better English than you, are better educated than you, more enlightened than you, more employable than you and the countries' education has not "retrogressed".

The thing they have achieved is not to feel like second class humans to no one and they are employable at home and in foreign countries where they speak that countries language reasonable well/fluently.

You go continue your colomentality where your children cannot speak their mother tongue and you have also given them English names because this makes you feel "cool" and "advanced".

Just some questions that would crash all the jargons you have written...

- Do they have 250 languages in those countries?

- Are the languages in Nigeria proficient enough and in large numbers to cause a shift in adoption on international scale?

- Is Nigeria independent as the countries you have mentioned, what is the migration data of these countries you have mentioned?

For a country like Nigeria, language is nuclear and family bound. Anything otherwise would cause disunity on what particular language supersedes.. you have a country suffering on religious lines, now the useless Government wants to make its ethnic divided lines obvious..

If you can't see your chains used as bangles, some of us do...

I really dont blame dingbats like you that dont even see beyond their noses..

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by musicwriter(m): 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
nony43:
It is a very good policy , but then some pupils in some regions might have a struggle in learning English later.

The article didn't say that English would no longer be taught in primary school.

Of course, English would still be taught but it would be taught just like every other subject, and not as if our lives depend on it.

In fact, it should be compulsory to get credit in our native language, not in English language.

When native language becomes compulsory, it means that while you master reading and writing in your native language in primary school, you'll also, of course, speak English.

Then, our native languages would not be left behind as if it's worth nothing. To even make it better, only those interested in studying English in higher education should do so. That's the way it's done in China, Japan, Russia, etc.

We are not English people. We're Africans!!

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by Sagamite(m): 12:24pm On Dec 01, 2022
einsteine:

The number of languages in Scandinavia is important because it explains why a policy may be good for them but not good for Nigeria which has over 200 languages.

You may not be well travelled in Nigeria and as such may be forgiven for your ignorance on the topic. In the south south states of Edo and Delta, there are close to 20 languages in each state with neighbouring villages sometimes having very different languages.

Good point.

But I am sure a school resides in one village, not multiple villages. So the language of education in a school in that village can be the local language or the lingua franca/dominant language of that region.

einsteine:

People change locations sometimes and having children relearn in different languages will not be ideal.

Tough!

Not ideal, but less damaging for society than a people who have lost their language and identity.

The parents need to plan how they would handle this issue for 6 year.

Or you think if the same parents are told they have been awarded visa to Frankfurt or Stockholm to live, they will not find a way to accept that their children will have to learn a different language?

einsteine:

Simply put, you cannot compare Sweden or Denmark to Nigeria. Those countries have one language and years of linguistic development to support such a policy. Nigeria did not choose to use English as a language of instruction for early instruction by accident. It was a deliberate choice borne out of the peculiarities of the country.

Sorry, linguistic development required to educate primary school students is not rocket science.

This is just an excuse not to change.

einsteine:

Many primary schools in the Northern part of Nigeria use Hausa as a language of instruction. We can see the outcome in the poor performance of many of these students in competitive examinations. We can also see it in their inability to be fluent in the general lingua franca because of the poor foundation.

The language is not the problem. The problem is the poverty, mentality, culture and religion.

Finland uses Finnish as language of instruction and the outcome is World Class. They combined local language with the international lingua France.

Hong Kong too mainly used Chinese as instructional language but still became a global financial centre operating with English.

einsteine:

Of course, a great deal of introspection is necessary to understand my points and if it misses you, I would not be surprised. You have often manifested a dearth of intelligence.

If you had an IQ in the triple digits, you will not be asking these asinine questions and if you still fail to understand these points, you would have confirmed what I have always known you to be.

You are a moronic cretin.

On your brighest day, you are not as bright as one enzyme in my spit that landed in a gutter.
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by Sagamite(m): 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
Peterobi90:

Just some questions that would crash all the jargons you have written...

- Do they have 250 languages in those countries?

- Are the languages in Nigeria proficient enough and in large numbers to cause a shift in adoption on international scale?

- Is Nigeria independent as the countries you have mentioned, what is the migration data of these countries you have mentioned?

For a country like Nigeria, language is nuclear and family bound. Anything otherwise would cause disunity on what particular language supersedes.. you have a country suffering on religious lines, now the useless Government wants to make its ethnic divided lines obvious..

If you can't see your chains used as bangles, some of us do...

I really dont blame dingbats like you that dont even see beyond their noses..

You are a moooronic creeetin!

What relevance does your 3 reetarded questions have to do with primary school education?
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by Sagamite(m): 12:28pm On Dec 01, 2022
gbagyiza:

You did not read the statement well? The policy says, the dominant mother tongue in the environment will be taught in that area or region. If a yoruba child is schooling in zaria in kaduna state, that child will be taught hausa because hausa is the dominant mother tongue there. A place like Gboko in Benue state, Tiv language will be taught. My kids are from Kaduna state but schooling in yoruba land, they r forced to study yoruba language. Is this not a waste of time?

How is it a waste of time?
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by Sagamite(m): 12:31pm On Dec 01, 2022
Bobbiee:

The downside is that there'd be zero ethnic mixing. Students would grow up having difficulty speaking English, and hence finding it difficult to mix with other Nigerians. What about people of other ethnicities in the same town or city. Would they have to be taught in Yoruba too?

What makes you think students will have difficulty speaking English?

People of other ethnicity will learn the language of their host ethnic group. Will that also be "zero ethnic mixing"?
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by Neoteny7: 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2022
immortalcrown:
Don't read again, let your eyes remain closed.

Ok, immortal clown
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by immortalcrown(m): 12:33pm On Dec 01, 2022
Neoteny7:

Ok, immortal clown
Yes, mortal clown.
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by Peterobi90: 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sagamite:

You are a moooronic creeetin!

What relevance does your 3 reetarded questions have to do with primary school education?

If you had a good primary education, you would spell better... if you are trying to use foul words, you would know there is something called synonyms.

Primary education is the foundation of a child's enlightenment..

I understand why you cant see how important the questions are, it exactly why the Govt wants to hold others down.

Do have a great day..

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by Sagamite(m): 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2022
Yureyes:

Nobody cares what Nigeria is. You don’t teach my child a regional language when the official language is something else. In Germany, their official language is German. In Nigeria, the official language is English, not Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa. So why teach my child? If the official language was the same as the mother tongue being taught, then you’ll have a point. I’d rather my child learn the official language that’s being taught nationally than learn a regional language that’s not mine.

Additionally, you are talking as if it isn’t Nigeria, where people move frequently. Imagine I live in the west, and I have a child who has been taught with Yoruba up to primary 3 level, then we move to the north where the language of instruction is Hausa and my child has to begin primary 4 learning in Hausa. How do you expect such child to cope?

Or imagine a state with multiple tribes are native to the state, so if I move from one city to another in the same state, I’ll be forced to learn all the languages because that’s the language of instruction in school?

You can take your child to a region where you want to learn that region's language.
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by southsouthking(m): 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sagamite:

So that you have identity and partially contribute to lessen your colomentality.

Tried searching for the word colomentality on my dictionary but couldn't find it.
What's colomentality?
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by Sagamite(m): 12:38pm On Dec 01, 2022
Peterobi90:

If you had a good primary education, you would spell better... if you are trying to use foul words, you would know there is something called synonyms.

Primary education is the foundation of a child's enlightenment..

I understand why you cant see how important the questions are, it exactly why the Govt wants to hold others down.

Do have a great day..

You are a daft creetin.

You are talking about my spelling because I am intentionally avoiding auto-replacement of my choice words.

Moronic fuuucktard, in just 4 English sentences you made, look at the errors I highlighted in bolded.

And you are the creeetin questioning my primary school education? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

AHHHHH! Ko le daa fun e! (E no fit better for you!) grin grin grin grin grin grin

You should be swearing for you English teachers. grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by einsteine(m): 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sagamite:

You are a moronic cretin.

On your brighest day, you are not as bright as one enzyme in my spit that landed in a gutter.

Sorry, the paucity of variation in your diction reflects many things but certainly not intelligence or brightness. Your vacuous thoughts on this forum tell every discerning observer what they need to know: that an idiot is easy to spot and that regardless of how many times you use the word "cretin" there is no better exemplar of the term than you.
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by benjaminlawson(m): 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2022
Ofunaofu:
grin

He said even though the policy has officially taken effect, it can only be fully implemented when government develops instructional materials and qualified teachers are available.
If instructional materials and teachers are not yet available, why is it that the government rushing to the media to announce the policy. Why didn't they wait until they provide them announce it. They just want to distrust our education system. In a state that has about 3-4 languages, which one are they going to chose, or if they are to go by them all, does that means that different instructional materials will be developed within a State?
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by einsteine(m): 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2022
A lot of people here were taught French in primary school. Imagine you started secondary school and now all your studies are in the French language. Do you think you would cope well?

That's exactly how it would be if you educate a child in primary school with Igbira and then in secondary school, the child has to learn in English.

Simply put, unless you are going to pick one language (like in China) and use it from primary till university, this policy would have way more disadvantages than advantages.

What's more, they already do this in the North. You can listen to your president speak to tell you all you need to know about the success of the policy.

Once again, the mother tongue should be learned at home. Don't handicap people in a global marketplace of ideas. Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Nupe are not global languages. No shame in admitting that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by BigBashiru: 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2022
southsouthking:

Tried searching for the word colomentality on my dictionary but couldn't find it.
What's colomentality?

colomentality is the mentality that your God is not your God and savior but rather western europeans are your savior and your God....
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by Sagamite(m): 1:01pm On Dec 01, 2022
cocolacec:

How come the Chinese,Germans,Japanese are not lagging behind on the International scene?

If Nigerians compete on International scene,they can use an interpreter like other countries do.
A truly free people will be proud of their language not feeling fly with a colonisers language.

A Swedish official once told me, the best gift you can give your child is to teach them your mother tongue not a foreign Language.

Sweden has a population of 10 million,languages spoken are Swedish,Yiddish,Sami,Romani chib.English is the second language but it is not compulsory.Some Swedes learn French,Spanish ,German in place of English.

Swedish is the language of the majority and medium of instruction in all schools from primary to University levels.English courses are offered to foreign students.

Funny enough their English is better than Nigerian English because they employ Americans,British etc and qualified Swedes to teach English in their schools.

To a Black reeetarded monkey, the best gift you can give your child is an Oyinbo name that sounds funky and make sure they learn as many oyinbo languages as possible. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by Sagamite(m): 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
einsteine:

Sorry, the paucity of variation in your diction reflects many things but certainly not intelligence or brightness. Your vacuous thoughts on this forum tell every discerning observer what they need to know: that an idiot is easy to spot and that regardless of how many times you use the word "cretin" there is no better exemplar of the term than you.

The paucity..... and pokocity of pancacity ......of my diction is to get the idea of what you are into your dumb head.

Repetition is a powerful tool for learning, ................... creeetin.

But to be fair, I also called you moooronic fuuktard. That is variety for you.
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by Sagamite(m): 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2022
OKC22:
Language learning shouldn't be by force because some people are not naturally interested in learning languages.

Going to school is not by force.

Put tray on their heads and let them contribute to household income.
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by Sagamite(m): 1:16pm On Dec 01, 2022
Babinski:

India has a single language (Hindi) that cuts across and is their second official language with English. Nigeria does not have such. Trying to restrict to three major languages of Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo is already a problem not to talk of when other languages are considered. The comparison to India isn't exactly proper.

Sorry. Wrong!

In India, each state/region has its own set of official languages as well. So Hindi is not the only local official langauge of communication in India.
Re: FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools by Fortune109: 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2022
Very good policy!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics / Most Funded Federal Universities In Nigeria In 2010 - NUC / Habiba Muhammed And Yamusa Bello Emerge Best PhD Students Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.