Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday (9926 Views)

At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay / FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays / Fg Declares Monday,tuesday As Public Holidays. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by aspabay(m): 2:41pm On Aug 27, 2011
The federal government has added Monday to next week's public holiday. This is to mourn those who lost their lives in the bomb blast in Abuja yesterday.
Heard this from a radio station.
Can any one confirm this please?
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by BBDelta(m): 3:43pm On Aug 27, 2011
NO PUBLIC HOLIDAY, EVERY BODY GET TO WORK ON MONDAY, WE HAVE ALOT OF WORK TO DO, NO MORE LAZY AROUND, WE WILL MOURN THEM FROM OUR OFFICE WHILE WE WORK.
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by Rgp92: 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2011
I hope this is not true undecided
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by murtalaa(m): 3:54pm On Aug 27, 2011
aspabay:

The federal government has added Monday to next week's public holiday. This is to mourn those who lost their lives in the bomb blast in Abuja yesterday.
Heard this from a radio station.
Can any one confirm this please?
you want confirmation from faceless NLs when you heard it yourself on the radio? dude are you doubting your listening organs or what?
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by halfcurrent(m): 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2011
@poster, which radio station did you hear this, and what time?
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by 1forall: 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2011
murtalaa:

you want confirmation from faceless NLs when you heard it yourself on the radio? dude are you doubting your listening organs or what?

LMAO! grin
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by SmashingM(f): 4:14pm On Aug 27, 2011
BBDelta:

NO PUBLIC HOLIDAY, EVERY BODY GET TO WORK ON MONDAY, WE HAVE ALOT OF WORK TO DO, NO MORE LAZY AROUND, WE WILL MOURN THEM FROM OUR OFFICE WHILE WE WORK.

lol, you sound like my boss.
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by PaulJohn1: 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2011
Haha! I doubt it. Or Mr. poster u're just wishing it could be holiday
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by tefund(m): 4:36pm On Aug 27, 2011
wish this is not so,staying away from work is not the proper way to mourn who have passed on
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by shegosay: 4:44pm On Aug 27, 2011
I hope not
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by jtkoko9(f): 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2011
There's no crime in mourning but the FG is so quick in declaring public hols.
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 27, 2011
murtalaa:

i wonder too undecided
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 27, 2011
hahahahahahahaha. This is a big joke. Some people will be sacked for not going to work on Monday
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 27, 2011
thursday and friday has also been added to the public holidays grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by yeye4live(m): 5:06pm On Aug 27, 2011
its a lie,d govt gave 1 month public holiday,

u wan mourn pple shae,dats anof for u,wen do u stop mourning n rejoicing in dis country haba, let dem even make it 2years public hoilday
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by SSaemoenl(m): 5:15pm On Aug 27, 2011
Because Nigeria is not a productive country. Sucks the way they reason in this country
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by tpia5: 5:18pm On Aug 27, 2011
Did the legislators really get a six week break for ramadan?
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 27, 2011
aguiyi1:

thursday and friday has also been added to the public holidays grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Meaning Nigeria is going to be standstill for 5 good working days ? shocked
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by Rastamann: 5:29pm On Aug 27, 2011
@poster, you are a lazy brat! Go and work for the money you earn and stop hoping for holidays all the time.
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:33pm On Aug 27, 2011
I tire for this country, if a group of poverty-stricken area boys start to cough - Give them Amnesty/Cash rewards and send them for training abroad, If they kill Nigerians;  children, women in their sleep.  - say you have a list of sponsors to arrest but you will keep the list secret for security reasons  shocked but now it is a UN building with 18 Casualties - You want to declare a public holiday, what about the 50+ Nigerians crushed by Lorries after a robbery attack, what about the 270 killed in jos in their sleep, what about the 2000+ who died in religious crisis up north, what about the infants who die of malaria daily even when WHO gives AID in cash and medicines to Nigeria yearly, na wa for Nigerians oooh, na wa oooh!
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by deekay29(m): 5:44pm On Aug 27, 2011
They should not try it o, those of us who are productive need to get things done, frankly they should cancel the Tuesday and Wednesday hols grin grin grin
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by xtremeidea(m): 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2011
WOW!!! should i celebrate or be sorrowful
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by ochukoccna: 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2011
Goodluck Jonathan carry go!  angry angry angry angry
Another ill thought hasty decision , no doubt.
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by tainot2002(m): 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2011
Meaning?
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by TBrownAuto(m): 6:27pm On Aug 27, 2011
Meaning goodluck is a goat yes in deed an animal prof what else do you expect and to those Nigeria that talk with sentiment go get better orientation and stop senseless response to post.
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by Digriz(m): 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2011
Pls is this true?
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by numen(m): 6:45pm On Aug 27, 2011
murtalaa:

LWKMD, better get to work on monday, lol
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by born2boink(m): 6:47pm On Aug 27, 2011
Public holiday, pump money to drinks and Bleep
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by bossinie: 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2011
I sincerely hope it is a hoax but if not,then it is a shame on our government to misplace priority,the best would have been to close all work by 12noon instead of wasting days as though they are not valuable.Why did they not declare a public holiday when we lost valuable corp member who died serving the interest of our dear nation,because foreigners are involved then our president begins to play to the gallery declaring all sorts.Maybe he will soon declare market free day everyone should stay indoors. Nonproductive is the mother of all abuse of time in life!!
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by aspabay(m): 9:00pm On Aug 27, 2011
Sorry, NLanders, I heard the info from a talk show (not news) on a radio station. It turned out to be mere speculation from some guys who are clearly tired of work or don't know the effect of such misinformation.
Please dust your shoes, iron your shirt and go to work on monday.
Apollogies!
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by Digriz(m): 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2011
aspabay:

Sorry, NLanders, I heard the info from a talk show (not news) on a radio station. It turned out to be mere speculation from some guys who are clearly tired of work or don't know the effect of such misinformation.
Please dust your shoes, iron your shirt and go to work on monday.
Apollogies!
thank God
Re: Public Holiday: Monday, Tuesday And Wednesday by nekyluch(f): 9:49pm On Aug 27, 2011
I hope this is not true because i have a lot to do on Monday.We are already mourning the dead but i don't think its enough reason for government to render her citizens redundant for three days. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arewa Youths Attack Senator Shehu Sani For Supporting Restructuring. Atiku Next / Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari / Breaking: Court Grants Efcc’s Request To Try Metuh In Absentia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.