Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari (9928 Views)

Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die / Femi Fani-Kayode: ‘Fulanis Are The Greatest Danger To Nigeria's Unity’ / Anybody That Jokes With Nigeria's Unity Has A Problem With Us - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by emmalezy(m): 8:33pm On Apr 27, 2018

President Muhammadu Buhari has reassured Nigerians that the unity of the country will remain his paramount objective and that of his administration.

The President gave the assurance on Friday when he received a delegation of the Tijjaniya Movement led by Sheikh Muhammadu Inyass at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

“I will continue to do everything within my powers to unite Nigeria,” he said in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina.

President Buhari commended the religious group for the peaceful conduct of their annual convention and urged them to bring the same to bear in promoting peace, unity and inter-religious harmony in the country.

He also lauded the group for complementing government efforts in bringing social and economic development, as well as stability in the country by encouraging discipline, unity, and spirituality among its members.

The President further reiterated the remarks he made on Thursday at the palace of the Emir of Bauchi, Rilwanu Adamu, after he was presented with the Holy Quran.

He noted that the gift of Holy Quran is the highest anyone can receive and a reminder to seek and uphold justice in the service of the nation.

Sheikh Inyass, on his part, assured the President that members of the group would continue to support and appreciate his ‘‘noble agenda for the benefit of all Nigerians.”

According to him, the group believes that elected officials must be accountable, incorruptible and God fearing.

‘‘It has never been easy. Even our Holy Prophet (SWA) was never totally accepted in his lifetime. It was only after he had long gone, people saw the wisdom in his preaching and sacrifices. We, therefore, urge you not to relent in your efforts,” Inyass told the President.

He further promised President Buhari that majority of the group members are happy with his government.

The Sheikh said they would continue to support the President in his effort to return Nigeria to the path of greater progress and development.

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/04/27/nigerias-unity-is-my-paramount-objective-buhari/
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by trillville(m): 8:36pm On Apr 27, 2018
When I say we need a youth as president, people will argue with me.

Buhari's generation is still stuck on the civil war. That was the biggest challenge of their time. The generation after him (dem Tinubu) fought for democracy and that was their own challenge.

Our biggest challenge today is unemployment and underemployment. Our insecurity issues are largely derived from the level of poverty in the nation. These old men will never understand this.

They believe that if a person does not go to school, the person should be doomed to extreme poverty. They do not consider that God did not make us all with the same level of intelligence.

All Nigerians deserve living wages irrespective of educational qualification. The moment we get a president with this mind set, Nigeria would start to progress.

93 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 8:40pm On Apr 27, 2018
Useless & senseless president.Buhari is a despot,tyrant,ethnic jingonist & parochial leader.No need listening to the devil.
Meanwhile he only speak to Nigerians through his lying spokesmen whenever in Nigeria but open his mouth to spew shit while abroad.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by obedugo(m): 8:47pm On Apr 27, 2018
You can keep your change and your Nigeria, we are tired already give us our balance and our country back

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by naijaking1: 9:28pm On Apr 27, 2018
Nigeria'sunity is of paramount importance to my administration unless Fulani herdsmen are stopped from taking over farms and killing innocent civilians.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by limeta(f): 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2018
Unity under islam

26 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by clarocuzioo(m): 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2018
Mr. President sir, with all due respect to your person, personality and office, I beg to differ completely that you are doing everything within your powers to unite the country but in contrast you have divided this country.
Sir were you uniting the country when you made the 97/5% statement?
Sir, were you uniting the country when you sent soldiers to Umuahia to kill unarmed civilians in a matter that is purely civil and already in court, hurriedly proscribed IPOB and branded them terrorist, while hesitating to declare the herdsmen terrorist even though it is the fourth deadliest killer group in the world?
Sir were you uniting the country when all your security chiefs are from one religion?
Sir if you can sincerely answer these questions, you will agree with me that you have divided this country more than anyother president in the history of our great Nation Nigeria.

56 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by annnikky(f): 9:33pm On Apr 27, 2018
undecided

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 27, 2018
This buhari talks and act like a drunk.

What has he done so far to unite Nigeria?

Buhari sounds like a broken record

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by zlantanfan: 10:02pm On Apr 27, 2018
Imagine the guts to rib it in

May thunder fire buhari cancer scrotum

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by gurunlocker: 10:03pm On Apr 27, 2018
That's why we are so unite ever since you got to power....

That's why Fulani keep killing innocent people and all you have to do is to fold arms and go to other state to commission pushing cart, traveling to UK to disgrace the country. Wonder how some people are still planning to vote this old man.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by yungpowers(m): 10:04pm On Apr 27, 2018
What's he saying?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by princeadams11: 10:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
QueenOfNepal:
This buhari talks and act like a drunk.

What has he done so far to unite Nigeria?

Buhari sounds like a broken record
The hatred you have for him won't let you see anything good about Buhari.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by truthstands12: 10:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
clarocuzioo:
Mr. President sir, with all due respect to your person, personality and office, I beg to differ completely that you are doing everything within your powers to unite the country but in contrast you have divided this country.
Sir were you uniting the country when you made the 97/5% statement?
Sir, were you uniting the country when you sent soldiers to Umuahia to kill unarmed civilians in a matter that is purely civil and already in court, hurriedly proscribed IPOB and branded them terrorist, while hesitating to declare the herdsmen terrorist even though it is the fourth deadliest killer group in the world?
Sir were you uniting the country when all your security chiefs are from one religion?
Sir if you can sincerely answer these questions, you will agree with me that you have divided this country more than anyother president in the history of our great Nation Nigeria.

You just said it all. I don't have any other thing to add. Pls can he answer these questions?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by bayocanny: 10:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
stfu Mr President

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
I think it's high time we went our seperate ways in this country, almost 60years after independence and we are still stuck with an old man as a president, no future for this country. Corruption up and down

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by bonechamberlain(m): 10:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
trillville:
When I say we need a youth as president, people will argue with me.

Buhari's generation is still stuck on the civil war. That was the biggest challenge of their time. The generation after him (dem Tinubu) fought for democracy and that was their own challenge.

Our biggest challenge today is unemployment and underemployment. Our insecurity issues are largely derived from the level of poverty in the nation. These old men will never understand this.

They believe that if a person does not go to school, the person should be doomed to extreme poverty. They do not consider that God did not make us all with the same level of intelligence.

All Nigerians deserve living wages irrespective of educational qualification. The moment we get a president with this mind set, Nigeria would start to progress.
well said.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by Shaev7(m): 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2018
You no get sense.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by obembet(f): 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2018
Talk to your brothers to stop the mission u sent them,

Keep the unit in North, our mumu don do

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by obanimoje: 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
words from a deceitful heart. Almighty God will judge you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by luggy(m): 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
uselless man
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
It is a lie
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by bezimo(m): 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
What a useless bastard terrorist!! President Buharam..a.ka Bingohari is a daft islamic jihadist...

Nigeria has never seen it this terrible....A president that aids and abets Fulani herdsmen by his inactions and systematic support to CONSISTENTLY carry out genocide in a ethnic and religious cleansing campaign..in the middle belt and other places within Nigeria..says he is commited to the Unity of Nigeria..wereas his actions suggests he is commiited to the disunity of Nigeria..If his brain is not filled with furadenunu..tell me whats in there..cow brain I guess..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 27, 2018
Is there in your Constitution, an oath you sworn to uphold as the President of Nijaria. But have you ever been to a Bee-Comb, we ask you President Jubril? Do you know how Bee stings? It stings to one's submission. See how Nigeria disintegrates under your watch.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 27, 2018
Like a guy said above likes of Buhari and Gowon still believes we are in a civil war. Thats why when a particular tribe is mentioned they go nuts but when its about others they become dumb.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by Olukat(m): 10:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
Uniting Nigerian with your silence on senseless killings cry
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by kaykaymcb(m): 10:14pm On Apr 27, 2018
Contact me for your premium logo for your business...For proof of my work, click the link in my signature.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by Ojiofor: 10:15pm On Apr 27, 2018
Unity by force is artificial unity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by obi4eze(m): 10:16pm On Apr 27, 2018
God punish Buhari the ethnic bigot for that statement. angry

Come 2019, you must go back to Daura.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by IMASTEX: 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2018
I see you're sure about that
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by janykute: 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2018
Forcing unity on people with no common value system.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 27, 2018
princeadams11:

The hatred you have for him won't let you see anything good about Buhari.
Show us lets see. Zombie eunuch

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osasu Igbinedion, Mike Adenuga, President Of Ethopia Receive Daar Awards 2019 / Abia State Delegates For UN International Youth Diplomacy Summit Stranded / APC Receives More NNPP Decampees In Kano, Holds Rally In Kibiya LG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.