Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,161 members, 7,811,352 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. (4445 Views)

3 Bush Pig For New Year Celebration / Ram With 5 Horns Sold At A Market In Lagos Ahead Of Sallah Celebration. / Mention The Cooking Secrets That You Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by Kobojunkie: 3:09am On Dec 21, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
It is a spiritual stick. cheesy It adds a special flavor to the soup.
Seriously ? ? ? You never heard of “Oburunbebe BANGA STICK”?
Um... never heard of sticks in my soup. Abeg, what is the oyinbo name of these sticks make person at least know say no be resin e dey add for inside soup? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 7:44am On Dec 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Um... never heard of sticks in my soup. Abeg, what is the oyinbo name of these sticks make person at least know say no be resin e dey add for inside soup? lipsrsealed

cheesy

Yoruba: Ewe omisinmisin, Yoruba

https://www.kitchenbutterfly.com/2018/the-banga-stick-that-is-the-liquorice-stick/

Uses: in Nigeria, for Banga soup; and as a chewing stick/ natural toothbrush; elsewhere in Europe and America, for confectionery; also a core ingredient in Guinness and the Italian liqueur, sambuco.

Storage: store in an airtight container

Interesting facts: Effective in dealing with/ killing bacteria that could lead to tooth decay and gum disease

Beware: if you have high blood pressure/ are hypertensive, beware – the glycyrrhizic acid could lead to elevated blood pressure

So how did it become an ingredient in Banga soup? I don’t know but there’s a lot we’ve inherited that makes so much sense. Perhaps it was understood to be a preservative, or its notated digestive properties were recognised. Or the immune booster, antibacterial, anti-fungal properties.

Mystery finally solved and I’m beyond chuffed. I can’t wait as we continue to unravel the hidden wonders and knowledge of our cuisine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by doggedfighter(f): 7:54am On Dec 21, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
Finally-Finally.❤️

Are these corns sold in grocery stores ?.

Are they different from our Nigerian corn?
Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 7:59am On Dec 21, 2022
doggedfighter:

Are these corns sold in grocery stores ?.

Are they different from our Nigerian corn?

Oh yes o.
Sweeter than Naija corn too.
I prefer the Publix brand.

4 Likes

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 8:11am On Dec 21, 2022
ceeceeuwa:
I am salivating already! Will the veggies in that fried rice still retain its freshness after storing?

Oh yes! They stay fresh. Make sure you sautee your veggies with olive oil , butter or any oil of your choice, so they are semi-cooked and firm.
DO NOT FRERZE, because the veggies in fried rice can become annoyingly soggy.

Keep fried rice in the COLDEST Part of your fridge.✅

4 Likes

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 8:15am On Dec 21, 2022
descarado:
Yeah, it has bee quite challenging but very fulfilling and rewarding yr my end.
Kanwulia, longest time kiss

Your foods look inviting.

This has been my preferred way of cooking since thy kingdom come. I cook and freeze in batches. Got no strength cooking everyday.

Thanks.❤️

Freezing will save a lot of wastage and the food remains fresh too. Cooking everyday? Na die!
Do not freeze for more than one month sha.
I try to eat all frozen cooked meals within 1 month.✅
Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by ceeceeuwa: 11:30am On Dec 21, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Oh yes! They stay fresh. Make sure you sautee your veggies with olive oil , butter or any oil of your choice, so they are semi-cooked and firm.
DO NOT FRERZE, because the veggies in fried rice can become annoyingly soggy.

Keep fried rice in the COLDEST Part of your fridge.✅
Nice tips! Thanks
Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by Kobojunkie: 11:16pm On Dec 21, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
cheesy
Yoruba: Ewe omisinmisin, Yoruba
https://www.kitchenbutterfly.com/2018/the-banga-stick-that-is-the-liquorice-stick/
I will take your word for it. Never, knew the root was used to cook soup before now. undecided

1 Like

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 11:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I will take your word for it. Never, knew the root was used to cook soup before now. undecided

Haba! Did you not see it in Nigeria? undecided
Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by Bintdawood(f): 7:32am On Dec 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Is that a human rib in that pot/bowl? shocked

What is this naww grin grin grin
Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2022
Bintdawood:

What is this naww grin grin grin
It scared me. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by Bintdawood(f): 4:31pm On Dec 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It scared me. lipsrsealed

Ha'an calm dan na grin grin
Like she said, its called oburunbebe stick.
Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 3:57pm On Dec 25, 2022
Time to feast!!!!

8 Likes

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 4:29pm On Jan 27, 2023
Working from home today. . . .
Na TURKEY/gizzard vegetable stew hungry me today WITH YAM. . . . 😋😋😋

6 Likes

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 6:38pm On Jan 27, 2023
Cool boiled yam loading.😋😋😋

2 Likes

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by EvilNeedle(m): 2:41pm On Feb 02, 2023
Kanwulia, how are you? I personally searched you out. It's been more than 10 years since I came to US, encouraged by you in 2011 by your cooking pictures and advice. You we Carlotti back then. Garland Texas, Registered Nurse, Agnostic, 3 kids, open marriage, etc. Carlotti the Slotti.

America has been quite the ride but I think I made it.

2 Likes

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by EvilNeedle(m): 2:45pm On Feb 02, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
Cool boiled yam loading.😋😋😋

Carlotti the Slotti cheesy cheesy
Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 3:18am On Feb 03, 2023
Let the cooking begin!😍

Off to work on Sunday, so will have to cook Friday and Saturday for the next 2 weeks.

Always boil your meats first!

Avoid standing for more than 4 hours in the kitchen.👍

Once you clean and cook all your meat, the rest is easy’😘

Turkey
Chicken
Snail
Cow feet
Beef
Chicken and Turkey gizzards
Shaki
Dried fish
Stock Fish. . . .

1. STEW
2. VEGETABLE STEW(my favorite)
3, Okra
4. Egusi
5 Ogbonor. . . . , . Loading. . . . .

3 Likes

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 3:45pm On Feb 03, 2023
Good morning NL “FAM”. . . . . as the YouTube vloggers will say. . . . “LET’S DIVE IN”. . . without much ado. . . . 😍’.

It has been A GREAAAAAT YEAR SO FAR🙏🏽 I give thanks.

Cooking my chicken. . . Don’t forget the BAYLEAVES.✅

Getting my stew based ingredients ready. . . . ✅

2 Likes

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 4:03pm On Feb 03, 2023
After pre boiling my chicken to marinate and get don chicken stock. . . . I bake instead of frying.✅

Don’t forget to line you pan with cooking spray. . And spray the chicken too to get that nice brown-baked color without the deep-frying on lots of oil!

*YES! I tasted it to make sure I did not need to add extra salt and spices. It was . . . , YUMMY! 😋

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 4:22pm On Feb 03, 2023
To be continued . . . , off to BAFF and get out of my “nightie”! It is almost lunch time here!❤️

1 Like

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 5:49pm On Feb 03, 2023
Dat chicken don ready o✅

1 Like

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 6:09pm On Feb 03, 2023
Now, to do the same for the Turkey, Gizzards and Beef.

I can’t stand to taste “slimy meat except it is shaki, kpomo or cow feet.✅ I bake all others till they are dry.

It prolongs my cooking time, but I can manage. I goat ALL WEEK to cook in stages.

No rush!😎

1 Like

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
Meanwhile. . . .

Stew, Vegetable Stew, Egusi and Ogbonor blends are chilling and waiting to receive the meats, fish and snails!😋

Yes oooooo. . . . I LOVE DAWADAWA and OGIRI!🫡🫡🫡🫡🎉🎉🎉

1 Like

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 6:39pm On Feb 03, 2023
Welcome to SWALLOW BUNKER! grin

You name it. . . . We SWALLOW ALL! cool

Oat fufu
Plantain fufu
Brown rice fufu
Yam ( Iyan Ado)
Yellow and White Garri. . . Name it, we garrrrrit! kiss

1 Like

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 7:07pm On Feb 03, 2023
In the mean time. . . . Time for a light lunch!😋

1 Like

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 7:18pm On Feb 03, 2023
Pointer?
When you finish baking your meat and poultry, let it air-dry and cook off before putting them in the stew or soup. It remains soft but firm.👍

2 Likes

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 7:50pm On Feb 03, 2023
Side dishes.❤️
Salad and garlic pita bread.✅

2 Likes

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 8:26pm On Feb 03, 2023
Back to the grand finale. . . . After lunch and a short break from standing in the kitchen.✅

Snails, dried Fisk and stock fisk(OKPOROKO)

All washed thoroughly with salt and hot water.👍

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 8:29pm On Feb 03, 2023
Those dangling snail tentacles. . . . I chop them all OFF and use them for soups. I don’t allow them Dane in my stew! Too ugly. grin

1 Like

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 8:38pm On Feb 03, 2023
My chicken stock is ready. I also have some from the store if I don’t have enough from my meat. You never know what is in these processed foods. You can only try your best.🙏🏽

Pointer? Always get rid of the excess fat from the chicken.👍

1 Like

Re: My All Celebration Cooking Blog!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Let The Cooking Begin. by KanwuliaExtra: 10:42pm On Feb 03, 2023
Now I have conquered. . . . . Time to DIVIDE! kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Cook Egusi Soup (the Caking Method) / Abeg Na Plantain Be This (pic) / Avoid Dominoes In Bodija, Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.