Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

"I'm Part Of The Revenge": Ghana Defender Mohammed Salisu Ahead Of Uruguay Clash - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "I'm Part Of The Revenge": Ghana Defender Mohammed Salisu Ahead Of Uruguay Clash (240 Views)

Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid / Neymar And Cavani At War After Horror Tackle In Brazil Vs Uruguay Clash (Photos) / Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I'm Part Of The Revenge": Ghana Defender Mohammed Salisu Ahead Of Uruguay Clash by awosejo1955: 10:11am On Dec 02, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4BWdgWmDxM

English Premier League side Southampton have thrown their support for Mohammed Salisu and his Black Stars teammates ahead of the game against Uruguay.

Ghana renew their rivalry with Uruguay twelve years after their dramatic clash in South Africa

The four-time African champions were painfully eliminated at the quarter-final stage after Luis Suarez handled a goal-bound header from Dominic Adiyiah.

The former Liverpool player was sent off with Ghana awarded a penalty, but Asamoah Gyan missed forcing the game into penalties.

The Black Stars lost 4-2 in the shootouts and had to exit the tournament.

Ahead of the game on Friday, the Saints shared Salisu's interview on seeking revenge against the South Americans.

“Ghanaians are looking forward to that game because we are going for revenge,” he told Southampton’s media.

“I need to stay for my country (Ghana), be with my country and fight for my country.I’m part of this revenge as well.”

“When we played against Uruguay at the [2010] World Cup, Ghana was the best team African team at that World Cup and that memory inspires me.”

Salisu scored his first goal at the World Cup as Ghana defeated South Korea on Monday

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I'm Part Of The Revenge": Ghana Defender Mohammed Salisu Ahead Of Uruguay Clash by ayubamuhammad35: 10:12am On Dec 02, 2022
Play your normal game and forget about revenge. What of if it backfire, how would you feel or what would you say ?. Remember Madrid and Liverpool.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I'm Part Of The Revenge": Ghana Defender Mohammed Salisu Ahead Of Uruguay Clash by ujunwaobimdi: 10:13am On Dec 02, 2022
I will be relieved and very excited to see Ghana beat the vampire diaries

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I'm Part Of The Revenge": Ghana Defender Mohammed Salisu Ahead Of Uruguay Clash by lawanifumila: 10:14am On Dec 02, 2022
This revenge talk no d ever end well just shut it and play the game

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "I'm Part Of The Revenge": Ghana Defender Mohammed Salisu Ahead Of Uruguay Clash by chinedukenneth9: 10:16am On Dec 02, 2022
Ghana should forget about revenge , there should play what is call good football and the gods of soccer will scale them through
Re: "I'm Part Of The Revenge": Ghana Defender Mohammed Salisu Ahead Of Uruguay Clash by nakaman: 10:18am On Dec 02, 2022
I wash my hand
Re: "I'm Part Of The Revenge": Ghana Defender Mohammed Salisu Ahead Of Uruguay Clash by Zonefree(m): 10:20am On Dec 02, 2022
Uruguay go still beat them to elongate the revenge.

2 Likes

Re: "I'm Part Of The Revenge": Ghana Defender Mohammed Salisu Ahead Of Uruguay Clash by WibusJaga: 10:23am On Dec 02, 2022
Re: "I'm Part Of The Revenge": Ghana Defender Mohammed Salisu Ahead Of Uruguay Clash by WibusJaga: 10:25am On Dec 02, 2022

Ghana better focus on the match & forget this revenge mentality, else dem go crash out.
Re: "I'm Part Of The Revenge": Ghana Defender Mohammed Salisu Ahead Of Uruguay Clash by culf: 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2022
I wish them well.
they should leave revenge and go play their game.
Re: "I'm Part Of The Revenge": Ghana Defender Mohammed Salisu Ahead Of Uruguay Clash by Tunasco4u(m): 2:56pm On Dec 02, 2022
Ok
Re: "I'm Part Of The Revenge": Ghana Defender Mohammed Salisu Ahead Of Uruguay Clash by Elidrisy20: 3:00pm On Dec 02, 2022
No be by mouth ooo

(1) (Reply)

Economic Maguire / APC Rally In Kaduna / How Terrible Corruption Has Affected Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.