Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? (2203 Views)

Atheist/irreligious Men Tell The Truth.... / Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ? / Why Are Most White Folks Irreligious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by Workch: 12:41pm On Dec 02, 2022
When I mean benefits, I mean measurable benefits and not some sort of claims that cannot be verified?

What benefits do you Christian gain that irreligious people can’t?

Can you articulate those benefits for us?

3 Likes

Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2022
Workch:
When I mean benefits, I mean measurable benefits and not some sort of claims that cannot be verified?

What benefits do you Christian gain that irreligious people can?

And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

Only the Bible settled all the racial disparities among people of different nations let atheism do the same then see how reasonable people will trash that book and embrace atheism.
But if not then it's you and your cohorts that descended from APES right thinking people are descendants of humans! wink

1 Like

Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by Workch: 12:51pm On Dec 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

Only the Bible settled all the racial disparities among people of different nations let atheism do the same then see how reasonable people will trash that book and embrace atheism.
But if not then it's you and your cohorts that descended from APES right thinking people are descendants of humans! wink
okay, good so answer the question now.

What are the benefits of being a Christian?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by lOXOl: 12:53pm On Dec 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

PLEASE answer the QUESTION

cc Righteousness2

3 Likes

Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by Righthussle: 12:54pm On Dec 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Rubbish answer.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by TheManPregnant: 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2022
Workch:

What benefits do you Christian gain that irreligious people can?

The core benefit of Christianity is the salvation of your soul. Please note the salvation is not a onetime thing. Consistency in specific actions is needed to truly be saved
Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by Workch: 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2022
TheManPregnant:

The core benefit of Christianity is the salvation of your soul. Please note the salvation is not a onetime thing. Consistency in specific actions is need to truly be saved
I asked for a measurable benefit?

Salvation is a claim, it cannot be ascertained to be true. If it can be measured, no one will be irreligious.

What other benefits that can be verifiable that you guys even get?

9 Likes

Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by TheManPregnant: 1:01pm On Dec 02, 2022
Workch:
I asked for a measurable benefit?

Salvation is a claim, it cannot be ascertained to be true. If it can be measured, no one will be irreligious.

What other benefits that can be verifiable that you guys even get?

In honesty, You cannot measure the benefits.

The real benefits are spiritual, and you simply can't apply physical laws of scale to spiritual things.

1 Like

Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by Workch: 1:02pm On Dec 02, 2022
TheManPregnant:

In honesty, You cannot measure the benefits.

The benefits are spiritual, and you simply can't apply physical laws of scale to spiritual things.
Do you think that I will be irreligious if I believed in spirit?

It’s why I don’t see your spiritual benefits as a thing. It’s vague and made up

8 Likes

Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by TheManPregnant: 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2022
Workch:
Do you think that I will be irreligious if I believed in spirit?

It’s why I don’t see your spiritual benefits as a thing. It’s vague and made up

It is not vague or made up. You can argue that it is subjective, but saying it is not real shows lack of perception. You do not need to see the wind to know that it is there.

You need grace to perceive spiritual things. Not everyone can understand or see the work of God in their lives.

There are physical benefits too, but these are ephemeral and are not really the main thrust of the message.

1 Like

Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by Workch: 1:31pm On Dec 02, 2022
TheManPregnant:

It is not vague or made up. You can argue that it is subjective, but saying it is not real shows lack of perception. You do not need to see the wind to know that it is there.

You need grace to perceive spiritual things. Not everyone can understand or see the work of God in their lives.

There are physical benefits too, but these are ephemeral and are not really the main thrust of the message.
Spirits don’t exist, your religion made up. You cannot prove that it does, if you can then there’s a challenge online to do that so you can win $1m.

That been said, what are the physical benefits of being a Christian that I cannot get as an unbeliever?

8 Likes

Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:34pm On Dec 02, 2022
Workch:

1. Too much Good things (blessings) and allergy to bad things

2. The work of our hands are blessed so we proper in our works.

3. In all of our works, there is always time for play and rest and fun and travel.

4. We eat what we like and not what we see even if a bag of rice is N43k.

5. O the sweetest marriages such as the world has never seen.
Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by TheManPregnant: 1:44pm On Dec 02, 2022
Workch:
Spirits don’t exist, your religion made up. You cannot prove that it does, if you can then there’s a challenge online to do that so you can win $1m.

That been said, what are the physical benefits of being a Christian that I cannot get as an unbeliever?

There is proof. The proof is all around you. It's really sad that you cannot recognise the proof that the spiritual exists.

In case you don't know, YOU are proof of the existence of God!

Like I said earlier, the issue is that of perception.
Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by Workch: 1:57pm On Dec 02, 2022
TheManPregnant:

There is proof. The proof is all around you. It's really sad that you cannot recognise the proof that the spiritual exists.

In case you don't know, YOU are proof of the existence of God!

Like I said earlier, the issue is that of perception.
Show me the proof for Spirits now.

Please do

5 Likes

Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:02pm On Dec 02, 2022
Workch:
okay, good so answer the question now.
What are the benefits of being a Christian?

lOXOl:

PLEASE answer the QUESTION
cc Righteousness2

No more spending fortune billions of dollars to amass weapons while our neighbours can't afford to feed properly! smiley
Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by TheManPregnant: 2:04pm On Dec 02, 2022
Workch:
Show me the proof for Spirits now.

Please do

Bros, I Don show you already.

Just take small time examine yourself.

LOOK INSIDE!

wink
Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by LordReed(m): 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2022
Workch:

What I think Christians enjoy that you hardly find as an atheist is a steady source of community and encouragement. Not that atheists can't find these things, it's just that we don't have it organised the way Christians do.
Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:16pm On Dec 02, 2022
LordReed:

What I think Christians enjoy that you hardly find as an atheist is a steady source of community and encouragement. Not that atheists can't find these things, it's just that we don't have it organised the way Christians do.

Luke 11:23 smiley
Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by LordReed(m): 2:19pm On Dec 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Luke 11:23 smiley

Has nothing to do with what I wrote.

1 Like

Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by Maynman: 2:19pm On Dec 02, 2022
LordReed:

But within Christianity, different doctrines are hostile to one another.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:34pm On Dec 02, 2022
LordReed:

Has nothing to do with what I wrote.

It has everything to do with it!

Here is what Jesus of Nazareth said:

"Whoever is not on my side is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters" Luke 11:23

Here is what you yourself typed:

LordReed:

You can never ever be organized because that is the work of God's Holy Spirit! wink
Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by lOXOl: 2:35pm On Dec 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

No more spending fortune billions of dollars to amass weapons while our neighbours can't afford to feed properly! smiley

How True is this
Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:37pm On Dec 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

"Whoever is not on my side is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters" Luke 11:23

You can never ever be organized because that is the work of God's Holy Spirit! wink

Even without holy spirit, atheists can never be organized as they have their own selfish philosophies
Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2022
lOXOl:

How True is this

With man it's impossible but with JEHOVAH our God all things are possible! Mark 10:27

Today people have come from different races throughout the earth and they are using the Bible to resolve all their racial disparities among themselves, they have diverted their resources into the production of food and information materials, they have erased the making, buying, selling and usage of weapons in the hearts of millions of people that joined them and vowed never to raise weapons against anyone again! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

After Jesus of Nazareth Satan planted his own seeds (atheists) among the first century Christians {Matthew 13:25} they overpowered the true Christians that's why most people often think killer colonialists were Christians. But after Jesus' return in the year 1914 he couldn't find the type of faith he established in the first century {Luke 18:8} so he chose a small group of people who were making research to know where the churches ran off course that group was known back then as International Bible Students Association (IBSA)

So Jesus began restructuring their movement until 1931 when his father adopted that group and began calling them by another name JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Isaiah 65:15

Today they've gone round the earth and what you just read in the Bible book of Isaiah and Micah are being fulfilled today.
So if you find anyone carrying weapons against their neighbours {Revelations 6:3-4} know that they're under the control of the ruler of this system of things {1John 5:19} but as for Jesus' true disciples:

They LOVE their neighbours! Mark 12:31
They LOVE their enemies! Matthew 5:43-48
And LOVE reigns among them! John 13:34-35

Satan's weapon "POLITICS" has been rendered useless in our midst! smiley
Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Even without holy spirit, atheists can never be organized as they have their own selfish philosophies

That's why Satan is using FORCE to bring them under his representatives!

Most Russians gladly attacked JWs when Putin referred to our brothers as extremists but now he is sending them to their early graves in Ukraine.

So instead of peacefully, joyfully, faithfully being under the loving supervision of the GB Putin their preferred ruler now sent to go and kill or get killed! Revelations 6:3-4smiley
Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:02pm On Dec 02, 2022
SPIRITUAL ENCOUNTER WITH GOD IS IT. E.G WHEN YOU ARE IN SERIOUS DIFFICULTY AND YOU PRAY YOUR HEART OUT WITH APPEAL TO GOD,YOU WILL GET TREMENDEOUS BENEFITS AND RELIEF.THAT IS PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE. GOD IS OMIPRESENTLY CLOSE TO THOSE THAT SEEK HIM. angryIT'S ALL ABOUT ABOUT BELIEF IN GOD YOU CANNOT SEE,BUT HE'S ANSWERS IS REAL PROOF THAT GOD IS WITH THE BELIEVER. QED grin
Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by LordReed(m): 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

LoLz! This is a clear example of non sequitur, conclusion doesn't follow premise. You quote something that has nothing to do with gathering by the power of the holy spirit but you conclude it is. Bwahahahahaha.

Meanwhile who told we can't? There are many atheist clubs and social spaces out there but none has the scale of church organisation because of several factors. The major one being atheism is not a creed nor does it dictate any one course to achieve your goals so an atheist can get his inspiration from anywhere he chooses unlike your religion which mandates organisational attendance.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by LordReed(m): 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2022
Maynman:

But within Christianity, different doctrines are hostile to one another.

Yet each sect of Christianity provides community and encouragement for its members.
Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by Steep: 5:04pm On Dec 02, 2022
Workch:

of what use is this?
Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by Maynman: 6:09pm On Dec 02, 2022
LordReed:

Yet each sect of Christianity provides community and encouragement for its members.

Just like pdp and apc, nothing special.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by LordReed(m): 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2022
Maynman:

Just like pdp and apc, nothing special.

Yep.
Re: What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:02pm On Dec 02, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! This is a clear example of non sequitur, conclusion doesn't follow premise. You quote something that has nothing to do with gathering by the power of the holy spirit but you conclude it is. Bwahahahahaha.

Meanwhile who told we can't? There are many atheist clubs and social spaces out there but none has the scale of church organisation because of several factors. The major one being atheism is not a creed nor does it dictate any one course to achieve your goals so an atheist can get his inspiration from anywhere he chooses unlike your religion which mandates organisational attendance.

Koko is that atheists can never be ORGANIZED! wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Was Virgin Mary A Reverend Sister? / The ISIS Map Of The World / Allah, A God That Named His Prophets After Another God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.