Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,974 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Was Virgin Mary A Reverend Sister? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Virgin Mary A Reverend Sister? (2211 Views)

''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name) / "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" / Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Virgin Mary A Reverend Sister? by bigfred(m): 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2007
please can you help me out here,was she virgin mary a sister?
Re: Was Virgin Mary A Reverend Sister? by pilgrim1(f): 6:22pm On Aug 29, 2007
Haa! Here again?!? shocked
Re: Was Virgin Mary A Reverend Sister? by Seun(m): 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2007
The catholic church wasn't in existence at that time, so Mary was not a Reverend sister.
Re: Was Virgin Mary A Reverend Sister? by IDINRETE: 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2007
i concur
Re: Was Virgin Mary A Reverend Sister? by pilgrim1(f): 10:23am On Aug 30, 2007
Lol. . what then would the implication have been for our dear Catholic friends if Mary had been a Reverend Sister? cheesy

Oh well, it's not possible either way. For one, she's regarded as "the Mother". On the other hand, that may have serious implications for the position that only men are ordained as em. . Reverends! undecided
Re: Was Virgin Mary A Reverend Sister? by bigfred(m): 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2007
Seun:

The catholic church wasn't in existence at that time, so Mary was not a Reverend sister.

Good,then Catholic was not in existence then,the catholic should do virgin mary a favour by stop calling her the mother of God.

pilgrim.1:

Haa! Here again?!? shocked

my sister, just trying to educate and enlighten some of my brothers and sisters that are still in darkness(catholics). wetin man go do?
Re: Was Virgin Mary A Reverend Sister? by MrCyril(m): 6:11am On Sep 12, 2013
bigfred:

Good,then Catholic was not in existence then,the catholic should do virgin mary a favour by stop calling her the mother of God.

my sister, just trying to educate and enlighten some of my brothers and sisters that are still in darkness(catholics). wetin man go do?
My dear I think u are the one in darkness. Its very simple to understand. Jesus Christ is God and Virgin Mary is the mother of Jesus Christ, if u did logic in ur 1st year in the university then u should know that from these premise simple logic will tell u that She(Virgin Mary) is the mother of God(Jesus). Or are u among those that don't believe in "Three Persons in One God"?
Let me as u this simple question, was/is Jesus Christ a christian?
Re: Was Virgin Mary A Reverend Sister? by MrCyril(m): 6:16am On Sep 12, 2013
pilgrim.1:
Lol. . what then would the implication have been for our dear Catholic friends if Mary had been a Reverend Sister? cheesy

Oh well, it's not possible either way. For one, she's regarded as "the Mother". On the other hand, that may have serious implications for the position that only men are ordained as em. . Reverends! undecided
Why do u contradict urself, u just mentioned REVEREND sisters and now u are saying only men are ordained reverends, are REVEREND sisters men?
Re: Was Virgin Mary A Reverend Sister? by johnnyblakes(m): 9:49am On Sep 12, 2013
MrCyril:
My dear I think u are the one in darkness. Its very simple to understand. Jesus Christ is God and Virgin Mary is the mother of Jesus Christ, if u did logic in ur 1st year in the university then u should know that from these premise simple logic will tell u that She(Virgin Mary) is the mother of God(Jesus). Or are u among those that don't believe in "Three Persons in One God"?
Let me as u this simple question, was/is Jesus Christ a christian?
hey hold it there,GOD THE FATHER,GOD THE SON AND GOD THE HOLY GHOST are three different personality,it is the unity that makes them one,thats why the bible says ,let us make man in our own image and according to our likeness.
Re: Was Virgin Mary A Reverend Sister? by MrCyril(m): 8:08am On Sep 16, 2013
johnnyblakes: hey hold it there,GOD THE FATHER,GOD THE SON AND GOD THE HOLY GHOST are three different personality,it is the unity that makes them one,thats why the bible says ,let us make man in our own image and according to our likeness.
Now I see u ve a very long way to go, how many images do u ve as a man? Does that not tell u that God has one image? That makes God Persons in One God. Its a mystery u may not understand, but GOD THE Father, SON and HOLY SPIRIT is One GOD. And u just said GOD THE SON, that means u believe JESUS is GOD so why do u still argue the fact that the BLESSED VIRGIN MARY is the mother of GOD. U talked about different personalities of. GOD and the Unity, read my previous post u will notice I mentioned THREE PERSONS IN ONE GOD, does that make any different from wat u just said?Please think before bringing up arguments don't argue just for arguing sake, I like intelligent arguements not dumb ones. Sowi if u see that as an insult. And pls try to read with understanding, read inbtw lines

(1) (Reply)

No such thing as a soul, says Father George Coyne Speaking With Richard Dawkins / Signature Of The Divine- "The God Premise" / Looking For A Mountain Of Fire Church Around Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.