Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola (9183 Views)

2023: Kola Abiola Declare Interest In Running For Presidency / Dele Momodu: Kola Abiola Bought Me My First Car When He Was 29 (Photos) / Kola Abiola Hugs Tinubu In Aso Rock As Buhari Confers GCFR On His Father. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by OddsDoc(f): 9:13pm On Dec 02, 2022
Presidential candidate of the Peoples Redemption Party (PRP), Kola Abiola has promised to stop payment of subsidy on petroleum products.

Kola Abiola made this promise while speaking in an interview with Channels TV’s Politics Today on Friday.

He said, “We are growing to run a market economy to create liquidity first and that doesn’t mean government will not step in from time to time.

“The oil and gas is very germane, we have corruption, we have leakages, but more importantly our production is too low. We need to at least reduce 3 million barrels a day to make the number work. We need to stop importing fuel.

“We need to reestablish domestic production. We need to get the value added from our oil. After 63 years of crude oil production, we are still importing products and all we do is export. All these will be stopped,”
he said.

Similarly, the PRP candidate also vowed to improve on the welfare standard of the men of the Nigeria Armed Forces.

He said, “We nee to address the security architecture. The will is there, we need to ensure implementation and look at the welfare of our armed forces.

“If you meet a bandit leader and he says there’s no difference between you and us, what would you say?

“The trust has been eroded, the common man cannot feel the presence of a government, I’m coming with zeal to change this mindset,” he said.

The PRP presidential candidate stated that Nigerians must vote for their future, adding that “it is not about sentiment.”

Recall that Kola Abiola, had earlier in the year declared that he will win next year’s election by repeating his father, late MKO Abiola’s feat during the June 12, 1993 election.

The PRP presidential candidate said he was out to disrupt the process and win next year’s election.

He explained that he led the campaign planning and execution that earned his late father “victory” during the controversial election when he was 28 years.

The PRP candidate vowed to adopt grassroots approach and pursue a recruitment drive that “will change the face of politics in Nigeria.”

Similarly he said he wanted to “reset” Nigeria with his party, which is one of the oldest in the country.

He said, “I want to be president because I believe it is time for complete reset of Nigeria. And I did not make any mistake by joining PRP. I did my homework thoroughly before joining the PRP. And I joined it because it is the only party that has no baggage, no problems or legacy issues. It is the only party that can convince the younger generation to get involved in the game, and not just to elect leaders.”

Kola Abiola also said he was not intimidated by other more popular candidates from other political parties, saying he was confident of his chances to win them even in the North.

“The chances of Kola Abiola is a surprise factor. Check the whole northern states, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Jigawa states, I will win those states again for PRP,” he said.

Kola Abiola is the first child of late M.K.O Abiola, the acclaimed winner of the June 12, 1993 annulled presidential election.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/i-would-stop-subsidy-payment-on-petrol-prp-presidential-candidate-kola-abiola/amp/

4 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by habsydiamond(m): 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2022
I can never believe that lailai.... politicians and sweet talks are like 5/6.... Let's vote wisely... I pray we won't see this last 4years kind of administration again in this country. A country with zero on security. That's a shame oo

4 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Nuzo1(m): 10:10pm On Dec 02, 2022
If Nigerian politicians can use the line of “stopping subsidy on petrol” to campaign, then anything is possible in this life.

There was a time that phrase could get you expelled from Nigeria kpata kpata.

21 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Fredey(m): 10:13pm On Dec 02, 2022
habsydiamond:
I can never believe that lailai.... politicians and sweet talks are like 5/6
Bros Long time. You looking good.
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by rickpat(m): 10:14pm On Dec 02, 2022
I laugh when I hear this subsidy removal talk...a Nation where petrol is a necessity and not a luxury..a Nation where no good transport system,that everyone must get a car...a Nation where no electricity, everyone must get a generator, businesses etc. ..you want to remove subsidy over claims that people steal the money....in organized society that there's subsidy for stuffs,won't they fish out anyone stealing the funds and prosecute the person?..will they remove it cus if some corrupt individuals?...Nigerians go still dey join the POLITICANS and their talks... subsidy will be removed, petrol goes to 400 or more... inflation hits Nigerians harder.... POLITICANS will have more funds to steal(because that's the only reason subsidy is to be removed,so that they will have enough funds to steal and run the luxurious government and luxurious life style of POLITICANS)..

Good luck nigeria...THE EARLIER NIGERIANS KNOW THAT THESE CROOKS DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE NATION,THE BETTER FOR EVERYONE

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Thein: 7:29am On Dec 03, 2022
Nigeria will be great again
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Highways: 7:30am On Dec 03, 2022
If we can manage other sectors well... Paying subsidy will just be like paying some bills...

But the truth is that the government is not true to itself... Ships come inside this country and steal oil and the Navy is claiming that they do not know about the presence of these ships in Nigerian water or what?

Oil theft takes away more than what subsidy takes from us...

Oil theft is predominant during this regime and sad enough the president is the oil minister...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Risingblue008(m): 7:31am On Dec 03, 2022
Na so Dem always dey talk
I go
I go
I go
To do am na war

2 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by lailo: 7:32am On Dec 03, 2022
To add more hardship abi? You have already lost mr man undecided
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Houseofglam7(f): 7:33am On Dec 03, 2022
cool
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by tiswell(m): 7:33am On Dec 03, 2022
who sabi this activist wannabe afonja
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by slivertongue: 7:34am On Dec 03, 2022
Subsidy is a scam

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by tyinfinity: 7:36am On Dec 03, 2022
This man will come fifth and Pandora will be fourth.Tinubu is number 1

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by soberdrunk(m): 7:37am On Dec 03, 2022
3 million barrels a day?? Will win all the Northern states?? Mr Kola is not fully in touch with reality....... angry
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by karzyharsky(m): 7:38am On Dec 03, 2022
You don enter
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 03, 2022
Finally, a grownup is in the house!

The thing is, subsidy has been around since 1973, and it has wrecked our petroluem sector, and led to persistent scarcity since the 1970's.

Either we buy petrol at the market price at the pump...or we keep pretending we can buy it at N40, and still pay the market price.....in the form of loans and debts and more loans.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Auduambless(m): 7:40am On Dec 03, 2022
Check out this mysterious tradition in kogi state

https://www.nairaland.com/7460478/princess-inikpi-3-things-didnt
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Iamthoney(m): 7:40am On Dec 03, 2022
This one is just out to complete the numbers and bear the title “The Former Presidential Aspirant”

As good and pleasing his plans are to the ears, he won’t garner 2000 votes next year cos his party is a mushroom party.

Make him just go rest cos him no get anywhere wey him dey go

Man wants to ride on his Father’s name, though it is not a bad thing but PRP can’t help him and he should go start from the grassroot of Nigeria Politics and walk his way up the ladder.

Albeit I like his dream and ambition and zeal sha
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by sunnysunny69(m): 7:40am On Dec 03, 2022
This one just wan waste him Papa remaining money.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by omowolewa: 7:41am On Dec 03, 2022
Okay
Just test the variables well, there is a reason why others couldn't do it.

How effective are your social intervention plans, refineries building projects and mass transit plan?

Have you considered review of minimum wage and income redistribution plans.

Let's see your template

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by adioolayi(m): 7:41am On Dec 03, 2022
Even the present Government said it will be stopped next year..

So, what's new Sir
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by sacajawea: 7:43am On Dec 03, 2022
Yoruba Muslims, worst set of Humans
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by NasTechNG(m): 7:43am On Dec 03, 2022
habsydiamond:
I can never believe that lailai.... politicians and sweet talks are like 5/6
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:43am On Dec 03, 2022
Ok
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Bishopwizzy(m): 7:46am On Dec 03, 2022
All of a sudden nobody is scared to say he's stopping the fuel subsidy of a thing. Even those who threatened to shut down the country are even saying it. Indeed our eyes has opened.

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Toosure70: 7:48am On Dec 03, 2022
lailo:
To add more hardship abi? You have already lost mr man undecided
you made no sense bro
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Toosure70: 7:48am On Dec 03, 2022
Dfrontman1:
Fulfill Your Sexual Fantasy !

Drink, Dance & Secs Party

Date : 17th December 2022

Venue : Oshodi-Lagos

For more juicy details : call 08035883761 or click the link to connect on WhatsApp

https:///message/O36AICSRCYHCF1

Nawty December !!!
another lazy and useless youth
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:49am On Dec 03, 2022
Stop talking, you're not going anywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Labour Party To INEC: Ignore APC's Move To Postpone Election / Kogi, Lagos, Rivers Most Expensive States In Nigeria – NBS / Alleged N12.2bn Fraud: Patience Jonathan To Know Her Fate May 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.