Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola (9192 Views)

2023: Kola Abiola Declare Interest In Running For Presidency / Dele Momodu: Kola Abiola Bought Me My First Car When He Was 29 (Photos) / Kola Abiola Hugs Tinubu In Aso Rock As Buhari Confers GCFR On His Father. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by tommy589(m): 9:38pm On Dec 04, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Most business men don't want to operate in a business where government sets the price. Subsidies come with government fixed prices.

If government starts setting the price of garri tomorrow, garri will become scarce. A black market for garri will start operating just like the black market in forex and fuel. This is really easy to understand, I think most Nigerians like to PRETEND they don't get it.

That's all.

I think @cheaphomes1 won't ever be satisfied with any explanations. He pretends and wants it explained as if he were a child.

By late 70's,the British government led by Thatcher,realised government can no longer manage, subsidised and maintain monopoly on national institutions, this led to privatisation. It was opposed with strikes,but the government navigated through these problems by providing subsidised health system,housing etc.

Nigeria continued after independence on the same nationalist and welfarist policy of the British. And I know the benefits of the removal if we have sincere government. But,are we sure the removal won't be an added burdens on Nigerians?Knowing our own privatisation that started over 30 years ago is still about asset stripping

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by CheapHomes1: 9:44pm On Dec 04, 2022
tommy589:

I think @cheaphomes1 won't ever be satisfied with any explanations. He pretends and wants it explained as if he were a child.

By late 70's,the British government led by Thatcher,realised government can no longer manage, subsidised and maintain monopoly on national institutions, this led to privatisation. It was opposed with strikes,but the government navigated through these problems by providing subsidised health system,housing etc.

Nigeria continued after independence on the same nationalist and welfarist policy of the British. And I know the benefits of the removal if we have sincere government. But,are we sure the removal won't be an added burdens on Nigerians?Knowing our own privatisation that started over 30 years ago is still about asset stripping

How have you been able to explain as as an adult?

What has Britain under thatcher got to do with fuel subsidy in Nigeria?

What subsidy and welfarist policy did nigeria inherit from the British? Did it include fuel subsidy?
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by tommy589(m): 9:49pm On Dec 04, 2022
CheapHomes1:

How have you been able to explain as as an adult?

What subsidy and welfarist policy did nigeria inherit from the British? Did it include fuel subsidy?

Your past comments on other posts shows you take delight in questions even when you know the answers

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by CheapHomes1: 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2022
tommy589:

Your past comments on other posts shows you take delight in questions even when you know the answers

How does that answer the following questions?

How have you been able to explain as an adult?

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by blank(f): 11:17pm On Dec 04, 2022
All political parties have subsidy removal as part of their campaign promises because it has become an avenue to loot the commonwealth. The differences are on how they will implement the removal. LP have said that they will ensure there is enough petroleum products in supply and that there are other benefits before removing the subsidy.

Subsidy as it is currently, is flawed and has to go.
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by CheapHomes1: 6:58am On Dec 05, 2022
tommy589:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/climate-change-uk-government-oil-and-gas-subsidies-hit-13-6bn-since-paris-agreement-campaigners-say-12477295
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by CheapHomes1: 6:59am On Dec 05, 2022
blank:
All political parties have subsidy removal as part of their campaign promises because it has become an avenue to loot the commonwealth. The differences are on how they will implement the removal. LP have said that they will ensure there is enough petroleum products in supply and that there are other benefits before removing the subsidy.

Subsidy as it is currently, is flawed and has to go.

What is wrong with fuel subsidy?
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by tommy589(m): 9:13am On Dec 05, 2022
CheapHomes1:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/climate-change-uk-government-oil-and-gas-subsidies-hit-13-6bn-since-paris-agreement-campaigners-say-12477295

You have just buttressed my point with this link. The subsidies is to help companies in phasing out fossil fuels not for consumers at the nozzle

"The UK government has handed the oil and gas industry £13.6bn in subsidies since the landmark Paris climate accord was signed in 2015, according to campaign group Paid to Pollute.

Its analysis of new OECD data claims that from 2016 to 2020 companies received £9.9 billion in tax reliefs for new exploration and production and £3.7 billion in payments towards decommissioning costs"

"The UK Government, however, says it does not give any subsidies to fossil fuels, and follows the IEA's approach to phasing them out."

One of the visible benefits Nigerians get from the government is subsidised petrol. But It sits atop embezzlement ranking.Importation payments don't correlates with consumption,and government now claims it now borrows to fund what get stolen

Job opportunities and better social packages for the citizens is just what I want
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by CheapHomes1: 4:15pm On Dec 05, 2022
tommy589:

You have just buttressed my point with this link. The subsidies is to help companies in phasing out fossil fuels not for consumers at the nozzle

"The UK government has handed the oil and gas industry £13.6bn in subsidies since the landmark Paris climate accord was signed in 2015, according to campaign group Paid to Pollute.

Its analysis of new OECD data claims that from 2016 to 2020 companies received £9.9 billion in tax reliefs for new exploration and production and £3.7 billion in payments towards decommissioning costs"

"The UK Government, however, says it does not give any subsidies to fossil fuels, and follows the IEA's approach to phasing them out."

One of the visible benefits Nigerians get from the government is subsidised petrol. But It sits atop embezzlement ranking.Importation payments don't correlates with consumption,and government now claims it now borrows to fund what get stolen

Job opportunities and better social packages for the citizens is just what I want

Subsidy is subsidy. And earlier, you gave the impression that the British government no longer gives subsidies. You only contradicting yourself:

"By late 70's,the British government led by Thatcher,realised government can no longer manage, subsidised and maintain monopoly on national institutions, this led to privatisation. It was opposed with strikes,but the government navigated through these problems by providing subsidised health system,housing etc."

You are contradicting yourse
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by tommy589(m): 4:26pm On Dec 05, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Subsidy is subsidy. And earlier, you gave the impression that the British government no longer gives subsidies. You only contradicting yourself:

"By late 70's,the British government led by Thatcher,realised government can no longer manage, subsidised and maintain monopoly on national institutions, this led to privatisation. It was opposed with strikes,but the government navigated through these problems by providing subsidised health system,housing etc."

You are contradicting yourse

Tax relief is different from sales subsidy which is about fixed price

For building refinery Dangote is getting tax relief (waivers)
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by CheapHomes1: 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2022
tommy589:

Tax relief is different from sales subsidy which is about fixed price

For building refinery Dangote is getting tax relief (waivers)

In the link I sent which you said confirms your claims, did it say anything about dangote and tax relief or it was talking about subsidy?

Meanwhile, Subsidy is subsidy. And earlier, you gave the impression that the British government no longer gives subsidies. You only contradicting yourself:

You are contradicting yourself
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by OddsDoc(f): 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2022
[quote author=CheapHomes1 post=118911483]

Do you think Bola Tinubu will win in 2023?

If he wins, you win.
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by tommy589(m): 4:31am On Dec 06, 2022
CheapHomes1:

In the link I sent which you said confirms your claims, did it say anything about dangote and tax relief or it was talking about subsidy?

Meanwhile, Subsidy is subsidy. And earlier, you gave the impression that the British government no longer gives subsidies. You only contradicting yourself:

It is obvious to everyone reading this that you are wrong. I wonder why I led myself to what I asked @ibeokehie to avoid

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by CheapHomes1: 12:45pm On Dec 06, 2022
[quote author=OddsDoc post=118933237][/quote]

What concerns me with Tinubu? How does his winning make me win?
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by CheapHomes1: 12:46pm On Dec 06, 2022
tommy589:

It is obvious to everyone reading this that you are wrong. I wonder why I led myself to what I asked @ibeokehie to avoid

Kindly prove your claims that the below is wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' / Fuel Subsidy: Sahara Energy’s Tope Sonubi And Tonye Cole On The Run / Average Police Station In Nigeria Gets N30,000 Per Quarter As Allocation—owoseni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.