Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola (9165 Views)

2023: Kola Abiola Declare Interest In Running For Presidency / Dele Momodu: Kola Abiola Bought Me My First Car When He Was 29 (Photos) / Kola Abiola Hugs Tinubu In Aso Rock As Buhari Confers GCFR On His Father. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by ghiloman28(m): 7:52am On Dec 03, 2022
They will remove fuel subsidy next year and and am sure the price will increase.
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Patriotsleague: 7:57am On Dec 03, 2022
You think Nigerians want to buy fuel at N500/litre. Most idiots don't know what removing subsidy means, it means, more expensive fuel.
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Patriotsleague: 7:58am On Dec 03, 2022
omowolewa:
Okay
Just test the variables well, there is a reason why others couldn't do it.

How effective are your social intervention plans, refineries building projects and mass transit plan?

Have you considered review of minimum wage and income redistribution plans.

Let's see your template
You seem very reasonable. Most Nigerians are screaming remove subsidy, they have not imagined how hard life will be when you buy fuel at N500/litre. Government has not done anything for me before, just let me enjoy my subsidized fuel.
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 03, 2022
I don't like violence but am so tempted to whack this idiot on the head if i could see him. Buhari promised #1 = $1 and now its about #800. Thunder strike down whoever has the intention of bringing more pains and woe to Nigerians. Enough is enough, 2023 we'll make a better choice with God guidance.
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by habsydiamond(m): 8:04am On Dec 03, 2022
Fredey:
Bros Long time. You looking good.
long time indeed oo .. like this current administration of change. Thanks.. I trust u are good too my bros
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Ventura1: 8:05am On Dec 03, 2022
Subsidy is gone already, some filling station have adjusted their meter, and now are selling between 270-280.
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by ceejay80s(m): 8:06am On Dec 03, 2022
Story
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Jostoman: 8:20am On Dec 03, 2022
habsydiamond:
I can never believe that lailai.... politicians and sweet talks are like 5/6... when you vote them in finish na den, den go dey tell you say the project na one unachievable thing oo. Let's vote wisely... I pray we won't see this last 4years kind of administration again in this country. A country with zero on security. That's a shame oo
Amen
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Allisgud: 8:30am On Dec 03, 2022
With this man mindset coming out to run,one will think he will get compensation vote because of his father
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:33am On Dec 03, 2022
Why not probe into subsidy theft.

Even in developed countries, citizens enjoy all kinds of subsidies.
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by tommy589(m): 8:40am On Dec 03, 2022
Kobonaire234:
Finally, a grownup is in the house!

The thing is, subsidy has been around since 1973, and it has wrecked our petroluem sector, and led to persistent scarcity since the 1970's.

Either we buy petrol at the market price at the pump...or we keep pretending we can buy it at N40, and still pay the market price.....in the form of loans and debts and more loans.

For over 20 years subsidy should have gone if we have sincere leadership. All those in power know this,but the consequence of removal is what they fear,knowing petroleum subsidy is the only benefit aside subsidised education Nigerians get from them.

The current economic situation offers them little to steal hence no other choice than to face consequence of removal

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Kobicove(m): 8:40am On Dec 03, 2022
The only reason why he's bold enough to make this statement is because he knows he has no chance of winning undecided
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by CheapHomes1: 8:43am On Dec 03, 2022
Kobonaire234:
Finally, a grownup is in the house!

The thing is, subsidy has been around since 1973, and it has wrecked our petroluem sector, and led to persistent scarcity since the 1970's.

Either we buy petrol at the market price at the pump...or we keep pretending we can buy it at N40, and still pay the market price.....in the form of loans and debts and more loans.

How has subsidy wrecked havoc on the petroleum sector? How has subsidy led to the persistent scarcity since the 1970s?

Was there fuel scarcity in the 70s and 80s?
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by CheapHomes1: 8:44am On Dec 03, 2022
tommy589:

For over 20 years subsidy should have gone if we have sincere leadership. All those in power know this,but the consequence of removal is what they fear,knowing petroleum subsidy is the only benefit aside subsidised education Nigerians get from them.

The current economic situation offers them little to steal hence no other choice than to face consequence of removal

Pls what is wrong with fuel subsidy that it should have gone?
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Bxvagag7b: 8:46am On Dec 03, 2022
You want to close clients and make fast money?
Check This!!!!!!
Check
Check
Check
Check
Check
Check
Check
Check
Check
Check
Check with Proofs attached and Thank me Soon!!

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Ivimmanuel: 8:56am On Dec 03, 2022
Toosure70:
you made no sense bro
may be you explain how subsidy removal will make life easy for Nigerians cause the aspirant made no sense too
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by tommy589(m): 9:11am On Dec 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Pls what is wrong with fuel subsidy that it should have gone?

Subsidy scam: They fix and pay volume of consumption which is not verifiable and not possible.Neighbouring countries pay more for smuggled fuel from here and government still pay the subsidy

If we buy at market price new refineries would be established to create more jobs and conserve Forex used to pay for imported finished products. We have other petrol chemical products that comes from crude refining,this also creates new industries and more job opportunities

With this and more,we end yearly stealing of tonnes of million dollars for turn around maintenance on government refineries that are not productive

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 03, 2022
tyinfinity:
This man will come fifth and Pandora will be fourth.Tinubu is number 1

Tinubu can never win. He and APC have been rejected. Learn to accept rejection instead of deceiving yourself.
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by pargelenis(m): 9:15am On Dec 03, 2022
Zero chance …
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Father4all: 10:04am On Dec 03, 2022
Mental man. He think say we be mu.mu
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by wink2015(m): 10:50am On Dec 03, 2022
Tinubu, Kwankwaso and Atiku political generation are fastly going away from the political landscape of Nigeria.

Much younger politician like Kola Abiola, Sowore, Yul Edochie, Adewole Adebayo of the SDP,
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by naijknight: 11:46am On Dec 03, 2022
I.will do this ..I will do that no longer with us again since buhari don show us shege
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 03, 2022
Petroleum Reformation Party - PRP grin
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by danietohbadt(m): 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2022
rickpat:
I laugh when I hear this subsidy removal talk...a Nation where petrol is a necessity and not a luxury..a Nation where no good transport system,that everyone must get a car...a Nation where no electricity, everyone must get a generator, businesses etc. ..you want to remove subsidy over claims that people steal the money....in organized society that there's subsidy for stuffs,won't they fish out anyone stealing the funds and prosecute the person?..will they remove it cus if some corrupt individuals?...Nigerians go still dey join the POLITICANS and their talks... subsidy will be removed, petrol goes to 400 or more... inflation hits Nigerians harder.... POLITICANS will have more funds to steal(because that's the only reason subsidy is to be removed,so that they will have enough funds to steal and run the luxurious government and luxurious life style of POLITICANS)..

Good luck nigeria...THE EARLIER NIGERIANS KNOW THAT THESE CROOKS DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE NATION,THE BETTER FOR EVERYONE

Thank you for this piece.

Even Tinubu said he would remove subsidy.

But the truth is this, you can't remove subsidy if we don't have enough petroleum products locally.

The effects will be catastrophic.

Before subsidy can be removed, then we must have more refineries with enough refining capacities, and they must be productively efficient.
Anything aside that will lead to a disaster.
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 03, 2022
No DNA needed the man resemble his dad like twins ooo. But I doubt if MKO would stoop so low in a futle attempt to deceive prospective gullibles into voting him by promising what is absolutely impossible. Buhari said Subsidy was a fraud and now his government is paying unprecedented amount in subsidy. Tell another lie Mr Man.
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by rickpat(m): 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2022
danietohbadt:

Thank you for this piece.

Even Tinubu said he would remove subsidy.

But the truth is this, you can't remove subsidy if we don't have enough petroleum products locally.

The effects will be catastrophic.

Before subsidy can be removed, then we must have more refineries with enough refining capacities, and they must be productively efficient.
Anything aside that will lead to a disaster.

these POLITICANS will lead NIGERIA to serious doom soon

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by HRMK: 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2022
kola is a comedian!he is going nowhere!he is not even getting 100k votes!
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by JohnCyrilEfe1(m): 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2022
Naim b say them wan kill poor masses b that.......u wan stop subsidy when 90% of Nigerians r greedy at any increase in fuel transporter don start inflation follow by traders. .... the major thing una talk de assist us before na the subsidy now una wan stop m the hunger for Niga go just increase
Re: I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola by IbeOkehie: 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2022
Patriotsleague:
You think Nigerians want to buy fuel at N500/litre. Most idiots don't know what removing subsidy means, it means, more expensive fuel.

Well, the world price of petrol is around ₦‎450 to 500/litre and Nigeria is part of the world

Most people want to get their fuel for free, but there's an actual, real price dictated by costs of production. Same as there's a real price for garri, house rent, slippers and satchet water and car tyres. Yes, everyone wants them for free but the REALITY is that SOMEBODY has to pay those who PRODUCE those things so they can make a profit. If government forces them to take prices that are NOT profitable, they will stop producing. Nothing strange there, Nigerians have been experiencing SCARCITY in many government regulated sectors like University education, forex and fuel.

When subsidy is removed, it also means more business people will make more profits, so they will invest in building local refineries to produce more fuel, which will create jobs.

Right now anyone doing fuel business legitimately and according to law is likely losing money. The only way to make money in the fuel business under the subsidy system is by CORRUPTION. That's why Exxon Mobil abandoned selling fuel in Nigeria -

https://www.ogj.com/general-interest/article/17250725/exxonmobil-sells-nigerian-retail-business

The equation is simple.

Wholesale price of fuel right now in the USA and on the world market is $0.60c per liter, which is ₦‎240 at official CBN rate and ₦‎430 at black market rate.

Federal Government of Nigeria imports fuel from the USA at ₦‎430 and sells to Nigerians at ₦‎165 per liter. That's a loss of at least ₦‎150 on every liter sold. That is NOT sustainable, it's plain to see. Worst, Nigerians...ordinary Nigerians...buy that fuel at ₦‎165 and smuggle it Cameroun & Benin Republic and sell it at ₦‎450. That's corruption and EVERYONE is doing it, not just government officials.

When Dangote starts selling from his refinery, he has two options - sell to Nigerians at ₦‎165 OR export to world market at ₦‎430. If it was your business, what would you choose to do? The only way he will agree to sell to Nigerians is if the government pays him a subsidy. Which means it's likely fuel subsidies are going to continue, this time as a direct payment to Dangote. Are you comfortable with that?

The point being, even domestic refineries are not a solution as long as price is regulated.

Do you understand that telecoms, broadcasting and banking used to be industries with government regulated and subsidized prices? Can you compare NITEL to MTN and Glo OR Channels TV to NTA?

Are you happy with the current scarcity of forex? The cause is well known - government regulated pricing.

It's a simple thing. Price regulation and subsidies are evil, they destroy jobs and promote scarcity of products and services. Be advised.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bandits Invade Gidan Marayu, Sokoto, Several Residents Kidnapped, Killed / Plane Load Of Arms Impounded At Kano Airport. / NLC Denies Requesting For Saraki's Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.