Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,459 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Mosquitoes 'disappearing' In Some Parts Of Africa - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mosquitoes 'disappearing' In Some Parts Of Africa (4114 Views)

Why Are Mosquitoes In My Room Dying Off? / Acid Rain Forecast In Parts Of Nigeria / Mosquitoes Now Carry And Spread HIV <Prank> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mosquitoes 'disappearing' In Some Parts Of Africa by amor4ce(m): 10:48pm On Aug 28, 2011
It seems the study involved two Tanzanian communities therefore it would be helpful if it could be extended to increase the number of sample populations.
Perhaps the reduction is due to better attitudes to Public Health and cleanliness compared to Nigeria where people spit and throw refuse anywhere without so much as batting an eyelid.
Re: Mosquitoes 'disappearing' In Some Parts Of Africa by Tinyemeka(m): 10:56pm On Aug 28, 2011
Hey!! All you mosquito stalkers and murderers. We represent the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and we demand that you put an outright stop to your inhumane treatment of the poor insects.

From henceforth, the use of bug sprays should be banned in all homes.

Each household is to adopt at least 10 mosquitoes as pets to prevent their extinction.

As for the missing bugitoes, we've assembled them and are keeping them in protective custody until the environment is safer and the Ramadan is over. Cos we don't want them to feed on your dehydrated, malnourished blood. Too bad for their health.
Re: Mosquitoes 'disappearing' In Some Parts Of Africa by amor4ce(m): 11:33pm On Aug 28, 2011
Re: Mosquitoes 'disappearing' In Some Parts Of Africa by firestar(f): 12:18am On Aug 29, 2011
Not where I stay though. It seems they've eaten something radioactive. sad
Re: Mosquitoes 'disappearing' In Some Parts Of Africa by moremi2008(m): 6:10am On Aug 29, 2011
amor4ce:

It seems the study involved two Tanzanian communities therefore it would be helpful if it could be extended to increase the number of sample populations.
Perhaps the reduction is due to better attitudes to Public Health and cleanliness compared to Nigeria where people spit and throw refuse anywhere without so much as batting an eyelid.

What exactly does spitting anywhere have to do with mosquitoes and their breeding habits?
Re: Mosquitoes 'disappearing' In Some Parts Of Africa by tpia5: 6:15am On Aug 29, 2011
interesting.

could be the climate i suppose.
Re: Mosquitoes 'disappearing' In Some Parts Of Africa by amor4ce(m): 7:27am On Aug 29, 2011
moremi2008:

What exactly does spitting anywhere have to do with mosquitoes and their breeding habits?

I was referring to general attitudes to community health.
Re: Mosquitoes 'disappearing' In Some Parts Of Africa by hrhjnr(m): 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2011
effect of raid and mosquito nets
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mosquitoes 'disappearing' In Some Parts Of Africa by james1(m): 8:34pm On Sep 20, 2012
That's news but can't be said of Nigeria cos mosquitos here have special covering,sometimes I wonder if they are invincible.lol.
In the not so distant past,north america used DDT to wipe out almost all mosquitos from that continent,why was DDT banned shortly after,was it politics of some sort?citing that it was dangerous to health.
I think there is more to it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Start A Commercial Cleaning Business In Nigeria By Chogon Facilities Serv / Please How Much Does It Cost To Get Medical Glasses In Lagos / Lagos State Commissioner Advice Men Not To Suck Their Wives Breast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.