Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,587 members, 7,850,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:44 AM

Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. (1887 Views)

NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert / Senator Alphonsus Igbeke Accused Of Using 8 Children For Ritual / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by AlexBells(m): 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2022
Emperormartin:

So if you're asked to teach Igbo language to group of Americans in the united states, how'll you do it
Is it not my mother tongue, I can teach it even in Harvard but I won't go about teaching them the technicalities, they want to learn Bia = Come and Ebea = Here, so Bia ebea = come here. No one will tell you the meaning of Bia in Igboland achool it is in you. They want to learn Ego = Money and Nyem = Give me so Nyem Ego = give me money, sure I will teach them abidi (Igbo alphabet) and teach them how to read and other basic writing.

Since Igbo language is tonal, just like Russian, anyone who is above average intelligence who can speak Igbo can also read and write Igbo once they master the Abidi and their corresponding sounds.
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by Emperormartin(m): 8:50pm On Dec 03, 2022
AlexBells:
Is it not my mother tongue, I can teach it even in Harvard but I won't go about teaching them the technicalities, they want to learn Bia = Come and Ebea = Here, so Bia ebea = come here. No one will tell you the meaning of Bia in Igboland achool it is in you. They want to learn Ego = Money and Nyem = Give me so Nyem Ego = give me money, sure I will teach them abidi (Igbo alphabet) and teach them how to read and other basic writing.

Since Igbo language is tonal, just like Russian, anyone who is above average intelligence who can speak Igbo can also read and write Igbo once they master the Abidi and their corresponding sounds.
Nice description from you...

Now why are you against ijaws learning their native language?
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by AlexBells(m): 8:56pm On Dec 03, 2022
Emperormartin:

Nice description from you...

Now why are you against ijaws learning their native language?
They are not learning their native language, they are learning a second language, if it were their mother tongue, why do the kids needs a seperate environment to learn it, the best place to learn mother tongue is at home. Kids watch as it is spoken and they pick up from very tender age, like me, English is a second language to me yet when it comes to speaking I almost flow like it my first because I was raised in an English speaking environment,

You don't need special environment to teach Ibani/Ijaw it simply points to the reality that Ibani/Ijaw is not spoken in the home, simply put it is not a mother tongue maybe a struggling second language that is facing extinction, I have nothing against saving a language from extinction

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by Bantu10: 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2022
Golan007:

The point you are making is baseless

Ebo is taught in Ebo land.

Ijaw is taught in Ijaw land.

Urchin, no one is teaching anyone ejo abi ejor language anywhere. It is a dead language meant for ogogoro drinkers.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by Nwaetche(m): 9:06pm On Dec 03, 2022
This looks like Finima, the Kalabari speaking section of Bonny.

I do not think there is any problem with that. It would also be good for the Igbo speaking Grand Bonny to learn the kalabari(Ibani) language to help communicate well with the Finima and other kalabari speaking community assimilated into Grand Bonny Kingdom.

666Advocate:
Let the children come.

Kickoff registration of children by the Ibani Language Club at the Pepples Chapel Bonny.
I implore all Ibani Ijaws to do same.
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by techWriter1: 9:12pm On Dec 03, 2022
Beautiful Nigerians s children
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by Emperormartin(m): 11:35pm On Dec 03, 2022
AlexBells:

They are not learning their native language, they are learning a second language, if it were their mother tongue, why do the kids needs a seperate environment to learn it, the best place to learn mother tongue is at home. Kids watch as it is spoken and they pick up from very tender age, like me, English is a second language to me yet when it comes to speaking I almost flow like it my first because I was raised in an English speaking environment,

You don't need special environment to teach Ibani/Ijaw it simply points to the reality that Ibani/Ijaw is not spoken in the home, simply put it is not a mother tongue maybe a struggling second language that is facing extinction, I have nothing against saving a language from extinction
The language is fastly facing extinction but I don't think the locals are perturbed.

I think they prefer their pidgin English
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by AdakaBoro8(m): 6:34am On Dec 04, 2022
Golan007:

So Ebo language is not taught in school?
so ibo language is not taught in school!
no wonder ebonyi people and nsukka people cant speak the ibo
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by AlexBells(m): 7:24am On Dec 04, 2022
Emperormartin:

The language is fastly facing extinction but I don't think the locals are perturbed.

I think they prefer their pidgin English
It will certainly go extinct from the manners they are promoting it, because they are not promoting it as a heritage worth preserving, they are promoting it as a tool of cultural war against the Igbos.

However these kids would travel and nearly their first port of call are in AlaIgbo, they would realise that the language they have been told to do away with is way more useful than the one being forced on them.

Those Opobo and Bonny people are wise, Igbo is the third most spoken language in Nigeria and the only language spoken wildly in a whole region. Unlike other regions, south East is the only place that pigin English is not wildly spoken becuase there are very few outsiders here, if you can't speak Igbo, you are on your own.

Igbo is way more spoken by Igbos than Yoruba is spoken by Yorubas or Hausa, the reason Hausa and Yoruba is more wildly spoken is that more outsiders can speak both language than the amount of outsiders that speak Igbo, about 1% of Igbos can speak either Hausa or Yoruba. You can't say same of other ethnicity speaking Igbo.

Those forcing Ibani on the Bonny population are making a harmful mistake, it is luck on the side of the population that they can speak Igbo the language of commerce in Igboland, Igboland is the most indigenous industrialised, advanced and centre of indigenous commerce and currently education in Nigeria, it is a future priority destination. Let those kids not be misled.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by Chibuzoc(m): 7:26am On Dec 04, 2022
AdakaBoro8:
so ibo language is not taught in school!
no wonder ebonyi people and nsukka people cant speak the ibo

What do Ebonyi and Nsukka people speak? Adakaenwe
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by AdakaBoro8(m): 7:34am On Dec 04, 2022
Chibuzoc:

What do Ebonyi and Nsukka people speak? Adakaenwe
ebonyi people speak two languages, whick are afikpo and abakaliki.
nsukkas, speak nsukka
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by Chibuzoc(m): 7:39am On Dec 04, 2022
AdakaBoro8:
ebonyi people speak two languages, whick are afikpo and abakaliki.
nsukkas, speak nsukka

What does Anambra, imo and Abia speak?
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by AdakaBoro8(m): 7:42am On Dec 04, 2022
Chibuzoc:

What does Anambra, imo and Abia speak?
anambra abia imo speak ibo language
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by Chibuzoc(m): 7:44am On Dec 04, 2022
AdakaBoro8:

grin cheesy grin so which language do we then place that of Ebonyi and Nsukka people?
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by AdakaBoro8(m): 7:48am On Dec 04, 2022
Chibuzoc:

grin cheesy grin so which language do we then place that of Ebonyi and Nsukka people?
i do not understand your question.
ebonyi and nsukka are not speaking ibo language. Go and ask
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by Chibuzoc(m): 7:51am On Dec 04, 2022
AdakaBoro8:
i do not understand your question.
ebonyi and nsukka are not speaking ibo language. Go and ask

Which language are they speaking then? In Nigeria there is no language like afikpo or nsukka language

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by RestructureNig3: 8:54am On Dec 04, 2022
Bonny is made up of Ijaw and Igbo, I see nothing wrong if Ijaw decides to be teaching their children Ijaw language in school.
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by RestructureNig3: 8:58am On Dec 04, 2022
666Advocate:

So why does he sign the people to learn Ijaw instead of Igbo.

Where is your prove that these beautiful Igbo children are learning Ijaw in school, I need a link.
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by RestructureNig3: 8:59am On Dec 04, 2022
666Advocate:
. So why is the King of Bonny sponsoring Ijaw language teaching in Bonny and not Igbo.

Can you prove this, stop lying
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by RestructureNig3: 9:26am On Dec 04, 2022
AdakaBoro8:

You just answered the question as the ignoramus you are.

So Nsuka is no longer Igbo?

Igbo is an ethnic group or language, with many tribes or dialects

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by MadmanObi(m): 9:45am On Dec 04, 2022
One naijiria for ever.
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by RestructureNig3: 10:01am On Dec 04, 2022
MadmanObi:
One naijiria for ever.

Why do all Yoruba Muslims claim to come from Benue?
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by MadmanObi(m): 10:02am On Dec 04, 2022
RestructureNig3:

Why do all Yoruba Muslims claim to come from Benue?

Wetin concern me concern yoruba and benue? I be uwafor from afara ukwu
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by RestructureNig3: 10:12am On Dec 04, 2022
MadmanObi:

Wetin concern me concern yoruba and benue? I be uwafor from afara ukwu

Okay you forgot your location is Benue State on nairaland. Bloody jihadist
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by AdakaBoro8(m): 10:16am On Dec 04, 2022
RestructureNig3:

nsuka, afikpo and abakaliki does not speak igbo language. Go and ask your elders.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by observanc1: 10:16am On Dec 04, 2022
Bonny is igboland

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by BeardedMeat(m): 10:17am On Dec 04, 2022
666Advocate:
Let the children come.

Kickoff registration of children by the Ibani Language Club at the Pepples Chapel Bonny.
I implore all Ibani Ijaws to do same.
This is very commendable. All other tribes should emulate this noble cause.
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by BeardedMeat(m): 10:18am On Dec 04, 2022
AdakaBoro8:
nsuka, afikpo and abakaliki does not speak igbo language. Go and ask your elders.
What is come in these towns you mentioned? Do you want to be unfortunate
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by AdakaBoro8(m): 10:18am On Dec 04, 2022
Chibuzoc:

Which language are they speaking then? In Nigeria there is no language like afikpo or nsukka language
Guy they are not real ibo. Thats why ndigbo refer to them as osusu igbos
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by AdakaBoro8(m): 10:24am On Dec 04, 2022
BeardedMeat:
What is come in these towns you mentioned? Do you want to be unfortunate
all the languages in nigeria are interwoven....example, Ijaws say Ayiba and Hausas also say Ayiba, does it make hausa Ijaw?
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by BloomingDale(f): 10:26am On Dec 04, 2022
RestructureNig3:

Your map is wrong. Ndokwa East is 75% Isoko land.
Re: Breaking News!!! Bonny Register Children For Ijaw Language Classes. Pictures. by RestructureNig3: 10:28am On Dec 04, 2022
AdakaBoro8:

So what is their language, abi they don't have language or is that what my elders told you?

Write with prove.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Election Winners According To BBC / The Fake News Against The Credible Election Is Sinister Igbo Group Agenda / LP Rigging Machines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.