Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo (13323 Views)

"I Can't Do Nigeria Anymore" - Senator Ita Giwa's Daughter, Koko Laments / No End Sars Protest In South East A Sign We Have No Hope In Nigeria Anymore / EFCC Has Frozen All My Accounts, I Can’t Feed My Family –Olisa Metuh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:22pm On Dec 04, 2022
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said oil and gas can no longer feed Nigeria, considering the nation’s growing population.

Obasanjo disclosed this at the weekend, when the leaders of the apex socio-cultural group in Tiv land of Benue State, Mzough U Tiv (MUT) paid him an appreciation visit at his OOPL Penthouse residence in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

According to a statement made available to DAILY POST by his Special Assistant on Media, Kehinde Akinyemi, Obasanjo charged Nigerians to see the country as being for all, “to save it and restore it to what God has created it to be.”

Obasanjo declared that “only farming and agric business can tackle the nation’s growing population.”

He reiterated that farming and agric business would be the only means to feed the nation, not oil.

The former president charged the Tiv people to focus on farming, stressing that he had put his arson on his farm in Benue behind him.

Obasanjo, who was conferred with the title of a “Great Warrior” of Tiv land by the socio-political group, said he would establish an industry in Benue next year.

Earlier in his words, the leader of the group, Iorbee Ihagh, had requested Obasanjo, among other things, to set up a fruit juice industry in Benue.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/12/04/oil-cant-feed-nigeria-anymore-obasanjo/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by Babachukwu: 10:23pm On Dec 04, 2022
This is why we want Obi to change Nigeria from consumption to production

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by Landowner101(m): 10:24pm On Dec 04, 2022
Oil wey bring corruption.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by lhordspy: 11:31pm On Dec 04, 2022
Same oil funds you and your vice atiku looted from endlessly.

Fighting publicly and privately over it.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by Juniorpope123: 11:33pm On Dec 04, 2022
Wow. OBJ is the best thing that happened to Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by ElSudani: 12:28am On Dec 05, 2022
Responsible and forward thinking leaders would have seen this forty years ago.
I would give it to ObJ and his crew for starting Ajaokuta and other steel mills in their attempt to industrialize Nigeria. But without uninterrupted supply of electricity industrialization was virtually impossible.

10 Likes

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by festacman(m): 12:43am On Dec 05, 2022
ElSudani:
Responsible and forward thinking leaders would have seen this forty years ago.
I would give you it ObJ and his crew for starting Ajaokuta and other steel mills in their attempt to industrialize Nigeria. But without uninterrupted supply of electricity industrialization was virtually impossible.

Point of historical correction. "Obj and his crew" didn't start Ajaokuta and other steel Mills. Former President late Shehu Shagari and his crew did with Ali Makele as Minister of Steel Development.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by legionISproteus: 2:52am On Dec 05, 2022
Oil can feed Nigerians, our terrible leaders are too greedy to let the rest of the population benefit from oil.

Just look at the ridiculous retirement package governors, Deputy governors, the president, vice president etc signed for themselves after leaving office. This does not include what they misappropriated while in office, yet Mr. OBASANJO has the gall to say oil can not feed Nigeria.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by DMerciful(m): 2:53am On Dec 05, 2022
Nigeria needs Peter Obi at a time like this!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by adioolayi(m): 2:59am On Dec 05, 2022
When we have it in abundance and it was the most sought after, the developed world got it from us used to power their industrialization process.

Other countries that also have it in abundance like us, made money and used it to transform their own economy too..

But us, it has been hunger and extreme poverty, devastating environmental effects on the oil producing areas...

It's not a function of Oil and Gas cannot feed us, it's a function of when it was feeding other Nations, our own leaders embezzled the then present and the future of Nigerians.....We never recover since then.

PDP..Never Again!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:00am On Dec 05, 2022
Since you lot have finished drinking it.

Each and any politicians that have stolen from our National treasury, and make life difficult for Nigerians, since independence, no matter the political party they are, they will never enjoy their stolen goods in good health and peace till the rest of their miserable lives.

For all the suffering people are going through in this nation, any looting and thieving politician, from past to present will not end well.

And this also goes to their supporters, nothing good will come their way in life.

No be curse,
Na FACT!

We Rise.

Ddensity:

I say a very BIG AMEN to this your pray.
God bless you.
SO SHALL IT BE IN JESUS NAME.
INSHA ALLAH.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by legionISproteus: 3:00am On Dec 05, 2022
festacman:

Point of historical correction. "Obj and his crew" didn't start Ajaokuta and other steel Mills. Former President late Shehu Shagari and his crew did with Ali Makele as Minister of Steel Development.
Thank you for this wise correction.

Ajaokuta is a sad tale for Nigeria. It is a combination of greed from selfish leaders and international interests from world powers.

It was in the best interest of the USA and UK to see a failed Ajaokuta because it was a project undertaken by the defunct Soviet Union. They did not want am adversary to have any meaningful alliance with a former colony. Trust our selfish leaders to orchestrate the destruction of the project as that is what they do best, destroying the future of Nigerians.

Do you know how much influence Nigeria would have today if Ajaokuta Steel complex was fully operational?

I do not have the energy to discuss, I wish I did.

The biggest problem of Nigeria is bad leadership.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by Toosure70: 3:01am On Dec 05, 2022
Some yams needed to belle full.
Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by dynicks(m): 3:04am On Dec 05, 2022
Oga no talk like that oo!!...

The volume of untapped oil can comfortably feed Nigerians and beyond....Make una no come dey form one thing after una don wreak the ass of this nation and still wreaking it.....I don talk my own...as e don reach person turn, make the person chop clean mouth cus when e go reach my turn to chop, I no wan hear say person chook mouth for my matter oo!!...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by iezeiyida(m): 3:13am On Dec 05, 2022
I totally agree with Pa Obasanjo cool
Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by ZooOga: 3:14am On Dec 05, 2022
Some much for Hon. OBJ keeping his political mouth closed. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by malali: 3:18am On Dec 05, 2022
WHEN OIL COULD FEED NIGERIA, WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE REVENUE...

ATIKU STOLE THE MONEY....WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP HIM ?? A WHOLE RETIRED GENERAL...

OLUSEGUN YOU ARE ONE OF THE FAILURES THAT HAS LED NIGERIANS INTO ABJECT POVERTY....

SAUDI,QATAR,UAE WERE DESERTS BEFORE OIL REVENUE.......GUESS WHAT ?? THESE 3 COUNTRIES DONT HAVE DEMOCRACY !!!!!

ALL OUR POLITICIANS ARE THIEVES....!!!

THE LONGER WE CONTINUE TO HAVE NEW AND RETIRED POLITICIANS ...THE POORER WE SHALL BE AS A COUNTRY

MALNUTRITION, INFANT MORTALITY, ILLITERACY, ERADICATED DISEASES, INSECURITY, SOCIAL INJUSTICE, MASS LOOTING BY GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS HAVE INCREASED IN NIGERIA....

DEMOCRACY IS A FAILURE IN NIGERIA.......WE NEED A HARD RESET....

ATIKU/BOLA/PETER ARE NOT SOLUTIONS TO THE NIGERIA WE WANT.........THEY ARE ALL STAKEHOLDERS FOR THEIR PERSONAL AMBITION/AGENDA.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:19am On Dec 05, 2022
legionISproteus:
Oil can feed Nigerians, our terrible leaders are too greedy to let the rest of the population benefit from oil.

Just look at the ridiculous retirement package governors, Deputy governors, the president, vice president etc signed for themselves after leaving office. This does not include what they misappropriated while in office, yet Mr. OBASANJO has the gall to say oil can not feed Nigeria.

asin eh e de pain me tbh. He even has the gods to say such nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by AntiWailer: 3:21am On Dec 05, 2022
it can sir.

The dulllard in Aso Rock and his team should optimise our production capacity first.

OPEC allows us to do up to 1.7-1.8 Millions barrels per day on the average.

We have capacity to do 2.2 Million barrels per day.

We are supplying 1 Million per day and at times less. In fact in August we did 927,000 and on the average we do 972,000 bpd.

The problem is not if Oil can feed us. The problem is this dumb leaders to optimize our revenue from Oil while looking at other export options.

That Oil can not feed us is a lie from the PIT OF HELL.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by Desusi: 3:29am On Dec 05, 2022
Its never too late to retraces our steps.Nigeria is African most populous nation. She can do better with good governance. This coming election will determine our seriousness. Put tribalism and nepotism aside,chose the right leaders with focus, not armed robbers and bandits. You're good to go.Failure to comply with the above directives will wreck Nigeria.A word for the wise is enough.
Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by MarketDispatch: 3:29am On Dec 05, 2022

4 Likes

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by toprealman: 3:41am On Dec 05, 2022
"only farming and agric business can tackle the nation’s growing population.”
No sir, I beg to differ. There are other things we need to add to that mix. Don't make it sound as well if you didn't get the opportunity to fix this OUR mess. During your watch why didn't you implement this your wise counsel?
Yeah,your Green legacy resort and Obj farm started working......what else did you do?

6 Likes

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by ElSudani: 3:50am On Dec 05, 2022
festacman:

Get your facts right. Don't say things you are not sure of.

The report was submitted in September 1977 and accepted in 1978 after several modifications. The plant layout was broadly specified and a tentative master schedule for completion of the plant was included. Then started a series of protracted negotiations between NSDA and TPE for the construction of the plant. Negotiations were frequently deadlocked, and a final contract emerged only after a high level delegation (led by the Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters, General Musa Yar'Adua, then the de facto Vice President under the military government of General Obasanjo) undertook a journey to the USSR and met with high level Kremlin officials. Finally, in July 1979, a contract was signed with TPE for the preparation of working drawings, supply and installation of equipment, and construction of special steel works for the Ajaokuta steel Project. [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by GeneralPula: 4:00am On Dec 05, 2022
Babachukwu:
Correct my brother..

The man nah epitome of success - turned Anambra to Dubai within 8 years..

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by ElSudani: 4:01am On Dec 05, 2022
legionISproteus:
Thank you for this wise correction.

Ajaokuta is a sad tale for Nigeria. It is a combination of greed from selfish leaders and international interests from world powers.

It was in the best interest of the USA and UK to see a failed Ajaokuta because it was a project undertaken by the defunct Soviet Union. They did not want am adversary to have any meaningful alliance with a former colony. Trust our selfish leaders to orchestrate the destruction of the project as that is what they do best, destroying the future of Nigerians.

Do you know how much influence Nigeria would have today if Ajaokuta Steel complex was fully operational?

I do not have the energy to discuss, I wish I did.

The biggest problem of Nigeria is bad leadership.

Wise correction indeed. This website is populated by people who get their information from under the bridge. Wise correction!. Obasanjo started Ajaokuta steel mills. If you have any contrary information, I am still waiting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by koladata(m): 4:06am On Dec 05, 2022
This man that took 16billion dollars for electricity and claimed they scammed him , no money , no electricity, no scammer in jail. I’m surprised some people still take him serious.

Normally obj suppose dey jail

5 Likes

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by ATLIEN2027: 4:08am On Dec 05, 2022
Babachukwu:

Like to brewery production abi?

These brainwashed delusional retar@ded ipob terrorist Zombidients never fails to amuse me grin

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by Kiloseria: 4:21am On Dec 05, 2022
Yes Baba,we believe that oil can no longer feed nigeria, but let government tackle insecurity so that we can go back to farm. People are afraid to enter bush.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by Judolisco(m): 4:27am On Dec 05, 2022
Everybody 4 9ja jst Wan spend free money.... Oil na free gift na
Re: Oil Can’t Feed Nigeria Anymore – Obasanjo by AliyuMahdi9: 4:29am On Dec 05, 2022
Obi is the Real Unifier.

His Candidature has Truely United PDP and APC

Hahahahahahaha

God is Good.

VOTE WISELY

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC: DSS Shifts Probe To CCB / Gbajabiamila: Wrong Version Of Electoral Amendment Bill Was Sent To Buhari / Peter Obi's Supporters Plan A Walk To INEC's Headquarters In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.