Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted (4392 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / Another Container Mayhem May Just Have Been Averted Today. / Scene Of The Bomb Blast In Zaria, Kaduna State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by OAM4J: 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2011
[size=13pt]Blast could have been averted – Experts[/size]

Security experts are blaming government bureaucracy and lethargy on the part of the intelligence community for the ease with which terrorists pick their targets leaving behind  casualties.

Diplomatic sources told Sunday Vanguard that those charged with tackling the security challenges posed by Boko Haram are playing with the destiny of the nation. “See how these terrorists strike their targets at will. From tomorrow, you will see the National Security Adviser summoning meetings of security chiefs, you will see them blocking all the exit and entry points in and out of Abuja, yet simple intelligence have been failing them”, one of the sources stated.

The source said the attack on the UN building in Abuja could have been averted if the security and intelligence communities have  been proactive and global in their interpretation of the events around them.  “We warned that the events in the Arab world, specially the political turmoil in Libya, could filter to Nigeria because of the religious colouration.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/blast-could-have-been-averted-experts/
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by OAM4J: 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2011
In others words, the experts are saying our commander in chief and our security officers are incompetent undecided
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by aljharem3: 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2011
OAM4J:

In others words, the experts are saying our commander in chief and our security officers are incompetent undecided

lol that is it my brother
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by Beaf: 9:03pm On Aug 28, 2011
See how these terrorists strike their targets at will. From tomorrow, you will see the National Security Adviser summoning meetings of security chiefs, you will see them blocking all the exit and entry points in and out of Abuja, yet simple intelligence have been failing them

This is 100% Nigerian English, its not better than what one would hear in a carpenters workshop. What "diplomatic source" uses such poor English? And when did "diplomatic sources" begin giving clandestine interviews to the press?

The Nigerian press is 3rd rate at best.
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by babaowo: 9:09pm On Aug 28, 2011
nah wha for naija ooooo,
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by doyin13(m): 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2011
Beaf:

This is 100% Nigerian English, its not better than what one would hear in a carpenters workshop. What "diplomatic source" uses such poor English? And when did "diplomatic sources" begin giving clandestine interviews to the press?

I mean come on. . . The issue isn't the quality of the Nigerian Press.

The issue is the incompetence of GEJ and his team.
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by Gbawe: 9:22pm On Aug 28, 2011
doyin13:

Indeed.
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by Beaf: 9:27pm On Aug 28, 2011
doyin13:

shocked

So you see a story thats an obvious invention of the press and thats not the issue? Whats happening to morality? How low can one go, because they lost elections?
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by apoti(m): 9:31pm On Aug 28, 2011
Beaf:

Agreed, the English is poor, but the Message is clear. The security chiefs and the commander-in-chief has failed in their duties!
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by aljharem3: 9:38pm On Aug 28, 2011
Beaf:

shocked

So you see a story thats an obvious invention of the press and thats not the issue? Whats happening to morality? How low can one go, because they lost elections?

SMH

dude ain't u ashame at all. where is ur conscience ?
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by Beaf: 9:40pm On Aug 28, 2011
apoti:

Agreed, the English is poor, but the Message is clear. The security chiefs and the commander-in-chief has failed in their duties!

Lol! The question is, who was the "diplomatic source" with such poor English? cool
Was it you? Was it Gbawe? Was it another hater? It is obvious that the story is a fake plant.

. . .You know the drill.
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by Kelvinj(m): 9:41pm On Aug 28, 2011
This is just pure incompetence, can we plz have CTU(jack bauer) come take care of this boko haram guys for us??
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by honeric01(m): 9:49pm On Aug 28, 2011
Beaf:

Lol! The question is, who was the "diplomatic source" with such poor English? cool
Was it you? Was it Gbawe? Was it another hater? It is obvious that the story is a fake plant.

. . .You know the drill.

Agreed the english was wrongly put, Agreed the story is fake, now tell us, Hasn't our security agencies and the C and C failed this nation yet? 6 major bomb blasts, yet no sponsor has been apprehended.

Stop this "treat pimples while ignoring cancer" tactics, it's not even helping you yourself.
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by yamakuza: 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2011
Methinks its not solely a GEJ issue.

You mean to tell me that no one person in the corridors of power, from VP downwards knows the people behind this? Not even OBJ?

The people being killed have relatives in positions of power na?

Somehow, somewhere, someone must talk say something.

Unless the right people are not listening, or choose to turn deaf ears.

I strongly believe that our political engine in this country has knocked beyond repair.

We need a new one.eyond repair.

We need a new one.
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by yamakuza: 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2011

You mean to tell me that no one person in the corridors of power, from VP downwards knows the people behind this? Not even OBJ?

The people being killed have relatives in positions of power na?

Somehow, somewhere, someone must talk say something.

Unless the right people are not listening, or choose to turn deaf ears.

I strongly believe that our political engine in this country has knocked beyond repair.

We need a new one.eyond repair.

We need a new one.
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by apoti(m): 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2011
Beaf:

. . .You know the drill.

Laughing at the highlighted. But seriously the main question is not who the sources are.
They said the blast could have been averted if we had an efficient and proactive intelligence in place.
the main question is: are the "diplomatic sources" right or not.
I still maintain that the security chiefs and the commander-in-chief have failed in their duties!
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by Ralphjoe(m): 9:54pm On Aug 28, 2011
Who are these diplomatic sources?
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by goggs(m): 10:03pm On Aug 28, 2011
Lazy journalist! Cant they ask the government STRAIGHT AND TOUGH QUESTIONS without inventing one silly "diplomatic source" to throw jibes!

No one can rise above their experiences, Nigerian has gotten her wake up call, Nigerians must demand for action from their government and be WILLING to assist in giving information. All this "diplomatic source" story is BS
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by software(m): 10:03pm On Aug 28, 2011
am sick and tired of this country,
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by apoti(m): 10:09pm On Aug 28, 2011
software:

am sick and tired of this country,

me I'm even sick and tired of being sick and tired undecided
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 28, 2011
D story is gonna die down soon. This is nigeria where human life is politicized.
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by logica(m): 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2011
It's the same people who manipulated our society and ensured mor.ons hold us hostage who are now under attack from the same mor.ons. What goes around comes around indeed.
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 28, 2011
was there ever any doubt of the incompetence of the security services?

has anyone forgotten the october 1 bomb blast and the inept, politicized and bungled handling?

the calls on nigerians to pray for confessions?

the bizarre 'this happens all over the world' statements?
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by cold(m): 10:29pm On Aug 28, 2011
yamakuza:

I beg to differ.It is solely a GEJ issue.He is the president and the buck stops at his table.The president should stop being lethargic,quit all the rhetoric & posturing and advising us to pray for the nation.Goodluck,it is time for serious business.Get down to brass tacks,put your teeth in & bite real hard.Better be feared than loved.I just tire
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by wooni(m): 10:42pm On Aug 28, 2011
it's a well plan bomb attack we are not ready to understand our problem lets look back at same thing happend in iraq then syria were the government end-up blame the west and lies on iraq bomb they just want a way in to the country because of OIL.
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by yamakuza: 10:46pm On Aug 28, 2011
@cold:
if you are ceo, and the board members meet behind you and plan your downfall, there is little or nothing you can do. Alone.

The buck may stop at his table, but what about those not pulling their weight?

How many times will he sack and replace?

Some people are content to sit back and watch this country disintegrate.

It takes a concerted effort to fix this, but i'd rather have an overhaul.
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by logica(m): 10:46pm On Aug 28, 2011
I am trying to understand how some people think. OK, conspiracy theories can be sexy, but not when they make no sense. So why will The West bomb the UN building to gain access to Nigeria's oil (which they already have access to anyway thanks to our porous borders, waters and creeks, and willing Oil "Bunkering" Generals)?
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by Ralphjoe(m): 10:52pm On Aug 28, 2011
D work of gej's enemies are starting to pay dividends, those that promise that they would make the country ungovernable if a northerner is not the president are at it again, gej just have to get to action & fish them out.
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by cold(m): 10:55pm On Aug 28, 2011
yamakuza:

@cold:
if you are ceo, and the board members meet behind you and plan your downfall, there is little or nothing you can do. Alone.

The buck may stop at his table, but what about those not pulling their weight?

How many times will he sack and replace?

Some people are content to sit back and watch this country disintegrate.

It takes a concerted effort to fix this, but i'd rather have an overhaul.
If I was a ceo & i notice any devious plan to frustrate me with incontrovertible proof,you're getting the boot. This is going to happen as many times as there instances.
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by yamakuza: 11:15pm On Aug 28, 2011
@cold:
i meant in a democratic setting, like md appointed by shareholders or equal partners in a firm, and not a dictatorship like in North Africa, or a company you own.

This is strongly a PDP failure. GET's failure is a failure of PDP. I believe the party rules a nation.

I am yet to see something good come out of PDP.
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by nylawal(m): 11:28pm On Aug 28, 2011
These recent events have shown that our security forces have no clue on how to tackle this menace. There are a few questions that comes to mind.

1. Are there no leads to follow in order to demystify these group (Boko Haram)?
2. Must we use the preventive methods or just medicine after death (Road Blocks)?  
3. Weren't some people arrested at the outset of this drama?
4 Do we send our security agents on terrorism combative measures?
5. Why was the sect leader hastily executed?

My advice to the government would be to start from the source. Some of their members were arrested and imprisoned, we can start by using them as leads. Plant some undercover agents to mingle with these people because they have families and relatives. The past governor of the state, Alimodu Sheriff should be investigated because it seems he is one of the masterminds of these group. After killing the leader of the group and demolishing their houses the government went to sleep and intelligence gathering was thrown to the dogs!

These are some ways by which modern day terrorism is won and fought.
Re: Experts Think The Bomb Blast Could Have Been Averted by yamakuza: 11:30pm On Aug 28, 2011
My point is that even if gej is weak, strong party support can make up for his lapses.

History is replete with weak leaders supported by strong generals.

Guess we need us a Maximus. Only in this case there are none or they consider Nigeria not worth fighting for.

Fash cant be ceo and Tinubu will sit down like the likes of b'iyabo without consulting the 'oracle'.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015: Buhari for President!!! / Breaking: Retired Primate Peter Akinola Kidnapped In Abeokuta / Obasanjo Loyalist, 1000 PDP Members Decamp To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.