Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? (923 Views)

Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC / Six Etsako West LG Councillors Shut Out For Not Decamping To PDP With Obaseki / Reno Omokri Reacts To Akpabio Decamping To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by lhordspy: 10:16pm On Dec 05, 2022
Why is no politician decamping to Labour party?

Election period/seasons all over the world not just Nigeria usually experience politicians decamping from one party to another.

Irrespective of the words or promises of any politician of bettering the life of the citizens if elected, we all know they always put their personal interest above any other thing. This selfish ambition of theirs makes politicians arguably the most calculative, smartest, predictive humans alive. The calculations and the subsequent moves they make is very key, because the survival of their political ambitions and career as a whole depends on it.

Over the past months we have seen politicians both at the local and national level decamping from PDP to APC or APC to PDP vice-versa. But what we havent witnessed is any politician decamping to Labour party. Not even a local government chairman.

Due to the calculative nature of these politicians and how it is very key to their political survival. Does that means Labour party political effort to grab power both at the state and national level is futile? I mean, for any power-chasing politician to not consider the platform as a winning one, worthy of running on it and actualising his/her dream, says alot about the party and its chances of achieving success.

Or no politician want to be minister, special advisers, Senate president, SSG, head of agencies and other juicy political post under Labour party? This politicians knows the Nigerian political terrain well. They knows Peter Obi have no chances of winning, same goes to other Labour party candidates at state level. Reason why you see no politician bold enough to risk decamping to their(LP) camp.

Ofcourse, we witnessed few endorsement here and there. But it is either coming from non-political actors or rejected/aggrieved politicians from different parties. With these endorsing politicians not even showing any signs of support but just throwing their endorsement up into the camp of the labour party just to spite their parties.

(Aligning with a political party verbally without actually decamping to me is more like sitting on the fence. In politics people who sit on the fence don't count. They are considered as confuse or unthrustworthy. With time they will always move back through the little opening they get back into their previous side after resolving the issues with their parties. )

Which brings me back to my question, why is there no politician decamping to Labour party?
Mynd44 mukina2 nlfpmod

3 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by Okoroawusa: 10:17pm On Dec 05, 2022
My brother the matter tie wrapper...

5 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by BeardedMeat(m): 10:19pm On Dec 05, 2022
lhordspy:

Because we don't have corrupt proceeds to give.

Our support base is organic, unborn, unburnt and pure. Let's meet at the polls.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by Thortp(m): 10:19pm On Dec 05, 2022
It has always been like that. Osun will be a case study
There will be defection when Obi wins.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by PandoraObi: 10:19pm On Dec 05, 2022
Biafra party now labour party is mortuary of Politicians, no future for the party, Oshiomole and Mimiko left the party

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by lhordspy: 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2022
Thortp:
It has always been like that. Osun will be a case study
There will be defection when Obi wins.

What happened to osun? Where labour party had 2k votes in 800k vote cast?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by BeardedMeat(m): 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2022
PandoraObi:
Biafra party now labour party is mortuary of Politicians, no future for the party, Oshiomole and Mimiko left the party
Don't worry, Obi won't leave party when he wins

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by Thortp(m): 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2022
Read again
lhordspy:

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by BeardedMeat(m): 10:22pm On Dec 05, 2022
Thank God, SW votes alone can't make Tinubu president.

Balanblu Bulaba balublu

2 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by Aufbauh(m): 10:25pm On Dec 05, 2022
A Wise man once said that success has many friends but failure is an orphan.

I would have supported Peter Obi not really because he's competent but just for solidarity and empathy with my good Igbo friends, so that we can see what an Igbo man can offer.

However my greatest fear is failure as I always hate to be taunted and spited by superior opponents. In the light of the above i have to support Tinubu cos his victory is imminent.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by VoteObi2SaveNai: 10:25pm On Dec 05, 2022
The bastard of iragbiji and his urchins don't have sense. Politicians are obviously jumping between PDAPC because they're desperate to share in the loots being distributed by the criminals. Peter Obi and his Labour Party don't share money! They're genuine to serve Nigerians without having to bribe anyone or enrich themselves and cronies.

Everyone already knows this as facts except brainless urchins.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by Ezewuzie01: 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2022
Peter Obi is a demented thief. No politician worth his salt will want to associate with such a hopeless character. That's why most Igbo elite and top businessmen have abandoned him to his fate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by OsunOriginal: 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2022
lhordspy:

grin grin grin grin grin
Who will decamp to labor party... you na wan labor in vain?

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by Jostoman: 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2022
Did you hear anybody talking about LB party like this in 2019? That answer your question
Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by harqinhola(m): 10:29pm On Dec 05, 2022
THERE CANDIDATES ARE ONLY ON SOCIAL MEDIA . cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:30pm On Dec 05, 2022
If you decamp, you are welcome, if you no decamp, fine, no wahala

Labour party is too busy to have time for such frivolities!!!

These people decamping upandan have been doing that since time in memorial, where are we today

So abeg join the train to move this nation forward or be left behind!

But either you join or not, Nigerians have spoken! We move!

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:33pm On Dec 05, 2022
Because there is no money to steal there.
Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by Cyberterror: 10:34pm On Dec 05, 2022
Soludo spoke and when enlightened world class brains like Prof Soludo speak, people listen

grin
Peter Obi is a packaged fraudster
- Gov. Chukwuma Soludo

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by Asgard73: 10:48pm On Dec 05, 2022
OBi na pure scam…

Ogboni man just dey scam pastors and men of God careslessly and Dey know ..

Scam his bingos join…

The dumb thing about the whole Obi thing.. be say even Peter Obi know say the whole thing na scam

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by Lifeisnotajungl(m): 10:50pm On Dec 05, 2022
Cus the poor are the structure not the rich, so the the party dont need the big men
Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by nakaman: 10:52pm On Dec 05, 2022
The road to success is crooked and narrow but the way to doom is wide and straight
Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by AsomughaChuks05: 10:54pm On Dec 05, 2022
People don't want to labour in vain while some others say that his black apparel that he wears constantly like a perpetual mourner puts them off.
Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by lhordspy: 11:09pm On Dec 05, 2022
Lifeisnotajungl:
Cus the poor are the structure not the rich, so the the party dont need the big men

Read the piece again. It is not about rich or poor but chances of winning.

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by Brendaniel: 11:10pm On Dec 05, 2022
lhordspy:

Read the piece again. It is not about rich or poor but chances of winning.

When we tell you guys that PDP and APC 2 sides of the same coin, you guys think we are just talking for talking sake, thank God you have confirmed it with your topic, the truth is we don't even want them, I don't want any politician coming tomorrow to say he or some people made Peter Obi president like Tinubu claimed over Buhari, no, we all made him president, I'm happy the people are major support behind him, so he is answerable to the people and not a few, do you guys get it at all, we are taking back our country using Peter Obi, Peter Obi is not the main goal, we the people are the main goal, the people should be driving force to select leaders and not big politicians, as it stands no one in and out of LP can claim anything to Peter obi's success, not even Peter Obi himself, so he is answerable to only the people.

THAT IS MY JOY, YOU GUYS DON'T JUST GET IT

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by Apophenia24k: 11:24pm On Dec 05, 2022
lhordspy:

Mynd44 mukina2 nlfpmod

The major problem on nairaland now is that those who don't support Obi worry too much about his candidacy, they open thousand of meaningless thread a day for the structurelss, minor labout party candidate... ruling party fighting hard for party that was not even known 6 months ago... you guys should be ashamed
Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by lhordspy: 11:42pm On Dec 05, 2022
Apophenia24k:

The major problem on nairaland now is that those who don't support Obi worry too much about his candidacy, they open thousand of meaningless thread a day for the structurelss, minor labout party candidate... ruling party fighting hard for party that was not even known 6 months ago... you guys should be ashamed

Labour party was not known 6months ago? Same labour party mimiko won a governorship election on?

No wonder you type like little kid. The emergence of obi only introduced some of you kid to politics.

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by lhordspy: 11:45pm On Dec 05, 2022
Brendaniel:

When we tell you guys that PDP and APC 2 sides of the same coin, you guys think we are just talking for talking sake, thank God you have confirmed it with your topic, the truth is we don't even want them, I don't want any politician coming tomorrow to say he or some people made Peter Obi president like Tinubu claimed over Buhari, no, we all made him president, I'm happy the people are major support behind him, so he is answerable to the people and not a few, do you guys get it at all, we are taking back our country using Peter Obi, Peter Obi is not the main goal, we the people are the main goal, the people should be driving force to select leaders and not big politicians, as it stands no one in and out of LP can claim anything to Peter obi's success, not even Peter Obi himself, so he is answerable to only the people.

THAT IS MY JOY, YOU GUYS DON'T JUST GET IT

Lol. Only God knows how you guys assimilate things. It is very obviois you didnt even go through the writeup. Or maybe you have a problem with understanding.

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by Indispensable85(m): 11:49pm On Dec 05, 2022
BeardedMeat:
Because we don't have corrupt proceeds to give.

Our support base is organic, unborn, unburnt and pure. Let's meet at the polls.

Who owns the one your campaign DG okupe and his party members are killing themselves over in Ogun State? Mtcheeew.......
Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by Brendaniel: 11:51pm On Dec 05, 2022
lhordspy:

Lol. Only God knows how you guys assimilate things. It is very obviois you didnt even go through the writeup. Or maybe you have a problem with understanding.

Oga, it is about decamping of existing politicians from PDP and APC to LP, we don't want them, wait is this not your write up here, or what is this one saying again, are you people alright, I should be the one asking you the question if you did not understand what I wrote.

Over the past months we have seen politicians both at the local and national level decamping from PDP to APC or APC to PDP vice-versa. But what we havent witnessed is any politician decamping to Labour party. Not even a local government chairman.
Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by BeardedMeat(m): 11:54pm On Dec 05, 2022
Indispensable85:

Who owns the one your campaign DG okupe and his party members are killing themselves over in Ogun State? Mtcheeew.......
We own it!

They are not from a state or federal coffer.
Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by etrouble: 12:09am On Dec 06, 2022
No one wants to labour in vain
Re: Why Is No One Decamping To Labour Party? by etrouble: 12:10am On Dec 06, 2022
lhordspy:

Idiots think everyone is also an idiot. Here is Osun election result

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: I Stopped Replying Tinubu's Supporters Bc They're Not Mentally Ok / Just In! Protesters stormed the CBN headquarters over cash swap deadline. VIDEO / The Nepotism Of The Southeast Region In 2023 Presidential Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.