Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,548 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC (27949 Views)

Kebbi Rep, Bello Yakubu Rejoins APC After Decamping To PDP Four Months Ago / Outcome Of APC Southwest Leaders Meeting, Aspirants Must Shun Names Calling / Dumo Lulu Briggs Campaigns With Buhari Photo After Decamping From APC To Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by HenryThegreat1(m): 5:16am On Feb 14, 2023
The Southwest LP leaders gave the verdict shortly before they collapsed the entire party’s structure into the ruling All Progressives Congress.

They said the LP was not in the race to win any election but to garner money.

Leader of the party in the Southwest, Omotoso Banji, who led other leaders to join the All Progressives Congress(APC), described the LP as a shaky platform.

Other leaders of LP that defected were the party’s chairman in Osun State Tunde Omotunde and his Ekiti State counterpart,  Alabi Adeeyo; Ondo Secretary of LP, Omowumi Olosola, Stella Alabi from Lagos State amongst others.

Omotoso said leaders of Southwest LP decided to quit the party because it was not viable and lacked the clout to win the 2023 elections.

He said: “Labour Party presently is a shaky platform for anybody to contest, Labour Party is a failure platform for anybody to contest, I don’t know Peter Obi and I’m less concerned about him but I’m concerned about those celebrating the Labour Party mediocre within Nigeria.

“In view of this, we leaders of the Labour Party in the South-West have decided to leave the party because we have a lot of mediocre there and what they are looking for is money, they are not ready to serve Nigeria.

“Labour Party is not ready to serve Nigeria and that is why we decided to leave the party and come together with the APC. I collapsed the structures of the party in Ekiti state. So, I don’t know how the Obi can come now and embarrass us here in the South-West.

“We are the pillars of that party in the South-West, and to the glory of God Almighty, we have pulled down the structures today. I was so surprised to hear from the DG of the party, Akin Osuntokun, we don’t know him in Labour Party, Akin Osuntokun is representing his own personal interest.

“So, it is better for you, Akin Osuntokun to come back to the APC and work for Bola Tinubu. I’m here to talk to you Yorubas, to please support Tinubu because he is our own. If you don’t vote for Tinubu, you’re a bastard to Yoruba land.

“We are leaving and collapsing the Labour Party structures in the entire South-West through Senator Dayo Adeyeye into APC. Nobody born of good parents in Yoruba land that will bypass Tinubu and vote for another party.”

Omotunde said they decided not to waste their time in the LP again.

“They are not after winning the election but to share the money. Politics started at the unit level. To win an election, you must start from the unit. Obi cannot go anywhere. There is no way the LP will fly. Asiwaju Tinubu will win this election.”

Receiving the defectors, National Coordinator of SWAGA 2023, Dayo Adeyeye, however, charged them and others APC members across the South-West to go back to their various polling units and canvass votes for Tinubu.

According to Adeyeye: “Tinubu is a man of passion, action and vision, who is ready to transform this country and whether they like it or not, Tinubu is going to win.”
Adeyeye urged the CBN governor, Godwin Emefiele, to heed advised by the Council of State on the current new naira note scarcity.

The former LP leaders and members tore their membership cards.

https://thenationonlineng.net/obi-will-not-get-1000-votes-in-southwest-lp-leaders-predict/

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by HenryThegreat1(m): 5:17am On Feb 14, 2023
Tinubu will now get 20m votes in south south and south east? That God for Wazobia.
We are watching...
Every tribe should vote their own then.

90 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by Urchinpainer: 5:18am On Feb 14, 2023
When some politicians open their mouth to talk you will think they are residing at YabaLeft.

267 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by nigeriancritic1(m): 5:19am On Feb 14, 2023
Please, don't descend to this level in your thesis/dissertation.

Absolutely no help I can offer, if you asked for help on this.

This will require a set aside for a fresh start.

1 Share

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by Deltafirstson(m): 5:19am On Feb 14, 2023
Let Igbos, Yorubas and hausa -fulanis protect their own then.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by another1: 5:22am On Feb 14, 2023
Obi will not get up to 1000 votes in South west States and you expect other regions to votes your own son
Keep playing ethnic card.
One Nigeria i hail oo

115 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by EagleNest(m): 5:29am On Feb 14, 2023
From structureless to that Obi will not get 1000 votes in SW, meanwhile dem dey panic and sweating ooo b/c of Obi.

199 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 5:30am On Feb 14, 2023
Arm chair mockers giving mocking projections grin

Obi will have more votes than Tinubu in Ondo State alone where I'm from. Don't even mention Lagos, Osun and Oyo all in SW where Obi's vote cast will dwarf that of APC. Are they thinking only Elderly people will vote in the elections. Most of the youths in South West will queue behind Obi's Labour Party on Feb 25th.

The few youths supporting Tinubu in South West are still those with familial ties to members of APC and card carrying members of APC who have access to Social media and make so much noise on Twitter and places like Nairaland

Tinubu has lost much respect among the youths in South West.

245 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by tempest01(m): 5:33am On Feb 14, 2023
Right from time, the Oblidients disassociated from you people. We knew what you are capable of. With or without the criminality minded structure, we will prevail.

I hope we can cleanse the system afterwards or build a better youth centric platform.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by shugagurl(f): 5:38am On Feb 14, 2023
If Tinubu can fake bishops, is it party leaders that he cannot fake? Such a desperate man is dangerous to any democracy!

“So, it is better for you, Akin Osuntokun to come back to the APC and work for Bola Tinubu. I’m here to talk to you Yorubas, to please support Tinubu because he is our own. If you don’t vote for Tinubu, you’re a bastard to Yoruba land.

Such a stupid statement from someone who is supposed to be an elder. Does wisdom no longer come with age? The youths should wake up, these old farts are the ones who destroyed Nigeria during their youth with politics of bigotry and hate. We need to break that barrier and seize our future for ourselves! LP will usher in a new Nigeria where the power lies solely on the people. If after 4 years Obi fuks up, we can sack him and employ someone else. Rinse and repeat♻️ until we finally get it right!

138 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by UselessBuharist: 5:39am On Feb 14, 2023
They are known betrayers, trust them at your own peril.

Watch how the knower of APC journalist hangout will happily analyse this topic today, the same man that didn’t talk about APC thugs attack on LP supporters

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by Racoon(m): 5:39am On Feb 14, 2023
Politics is all about treachery, backstabbing & betrayal However, to every action, there is an equal & opposite reaction whether good or bad.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by FREEMADNESS: 5:39am On Feb 14, 2023
No need to shalaye.....

We know say na stomach infrastructure and tribal sentiments cox am.

We all know it's not the party structure da brought LP this far but the candidate.

My own advice b say if e go favour u follow ur mind but if dem disappoint you no come wail on all media platforms say the government is bad.

This matter remind me of sowore wey campaign for Buhari kon later wan turn to activist abi na freedom fighter 🤣🤣🤣

Not an Obi supporter neither am I atikulated

My own na say just cast ur vote wisely without tribal or religious sentiments.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by ZUBY77(m): 5:39am On Feb 14, 2023
People of propaganda.
Shameless Youths following their old people to make the country remain what it is.
People who could not change anything since 1960 are still your leaders.

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by wolesmile(m): 5:40am On Feb 14, 2023
I still wonder how any sane person will think Peter Obi can defeat Asiwaju in the South West?
Dem wan steal the votes for am?

We are watching this drama sha.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by lesbiconverter: 5:40am On Feb 14, 2023
street urchins are now pretending to be former LP members grin
politics is really a dirty game
The real fear is, If anything happens to Tinubu, Shettima and El Rufai will be in charge and they will bring the same chaos in their respective states to the whole nation.
so vote wisely.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by CUMIN: 5:41am On Feb 14, 2023
Obi will need a mental rehabilitation after his loss

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by Antoeni(m): 5:41am On Feb 14, 2023
The downpayment for a roasted corn In a Townhall

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by Flame333: 5:42am On Feb 14, 2023
Bastard kill you there...

A man from Kenya ruled America and today, one from india is ruling Britain but one fool is trying to dehumanize others with his washed ideas of what a progressive country would look like

When average Yoruba man and his family were thrown into poverty by Buhari who emerged after Tinubu deceived them that he is the messiah, where were you guys..

Beautiful thing about this whole drama is that the wise Yorubas have long denounce such allegiance and are ready to make a non tribal decision come 28 of February

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by kollinz1234(m): 5:42am On Feb 14, 2023
Lol Tinubu moles in the LP has finally left; unfortunately for them, their living labour party did not raise the kind of impression that they had intended. Their plan was to make this defection weaken the party completely but they forget that Obi has a followership that is fuelled by the youths who are ready to seize back their country. Is it not in ogun state the other day that Yoruba youths were destroying Tinubu's posters??

Anyways, We all know that Tinubu is a regional candidate and that is why he will come 3rd in the presidential election, getting only a few vote above Kwankwaso.

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by lesbiconverter: 5:43am On Feb 14, 2023
Antoeni:
The downpayment for a roasted corn In a Townhall
that is different from balablu grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by Kinddetective: 5:43am On Feb 14, 2023
What Tinubu cannot fake does not exist. You have to have zero morals to want to vote Tinubu.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by engrpheleeks(m): 5:43am On Feb 14, 2023
A set of very tribalistic and bigoted people.

21 Likes

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by Patriotsleague: 5:44am On Feb 14, 2023
Obi never helped anyone or do nothing for no one or Nigeria, no sane person will support Obi. How will I support a selfish man with no achievements for his state indigenes as governor, no achievements in his state, didn't do nothing, just to talk like a drunkard.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by kenbee(f): 5:44am On Feb 14, 2023
They failed to understand that 98% of the Obidient family are doing so because of Peter Obi and not LP.

Do your self a favour by Voting ObiDatti

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by Tom1960: 5:44am On Feb 14, 2023
There is no state in Nigeria where Tinubu has not made somebody. The other candidates are only care for their tribe's men. That is why I will vote for him. I'm not a yoruba man.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by Osesbrainwave(m): 5:45am On Feb 14, 2023
Check their names, they er all urchins. Na one of those scams be that. Vote wisely

8 Likes

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by Tonnexy: 5:46am On Feb 14, 2023
Agbadu urchins food has arrived.

7 Likes

Re: Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC by Dreal1247: 5:46am On Feb 14, 2023
Some of them could be positioned for this action in the first place. Secondly, They must have been heavily and handsomely rewarded for the act. Unfortunately, Nigerians are not voting for party at this time but individuals.

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Maimuna Lami Gogo Shiru Saves Nigeria ₦‎7tn In Litigation, Gets Honoured / Ekiti APC Secretariat Sealed With Juju / Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.