Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,237 members, 7,822,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre (13335 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: Marketers Blame Low Supply, NNPCL Disagrees / 24 Days After, 500 Directors Defy Fg’s Order To Retire / Nigerians Defy FG’s Twitter Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by iwaeda: 10:01am On Dec 06, 2022
Three days after the Federal Government denied that it planned to hike the pump price of petrol, independent marketers have raised their price to N280 per litre.

Checks on petrol situations in Abuja on Saturday morning showed that while NNPC Retail stations maintained a pump price of N179 per litre, the major marketers dispensed at N180 per litre.

With most filling stations shut down due to lack of supply, long queues were noticed at the stations selling between N179 to N190 per litre.

The government through the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority, NMDPRA, had in a statement disclosed that there was no plan to hike the price of petrol.

The agency which insisted that the country had 34 days of sufficiency in stock, however, failed to state what the current government-approved price is.

Speaking to Vanguard, the Public Relations Officer of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria, IPMAN, Chinedu Ukadike attributed the hike in the price of the product to the increase in the cost of purchasing it at the privately owned depots.

However, checks in Lagos indicated that the product was sold at between N250 and 280 per liter, while hawkers of the product continue to sell between N300 and N400 per liter.

Commenting on the development, the National President of IPMAN, Chinedu Okoronkwo, said the non-functional tank farms across the country continue to impact on distribution.

He said: “The major area that affects us as Independent marketers is distribution. We have made several presentations. Before now, we had depots, I mean land depots, both in Kano, Maiduguri, Makurdi, Port- Harcourt, Aba, Enugu, and the rest. Some of these depots have not been dispensing products for some time now, due mainly to pipeline vandalism.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/petrol-scarcity-marketers-defy-fg-hike-pump-price-to-n280-litre/

1 Like

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by Typicool8(m): 10:03am On Dec 06, 2022
Believe the bunch of idiots and incompetent bastards at your own peril..

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by onihga: 10:04am On Dec 06, 2022
Welcome to the Part of Reality no presidential candidate will promise you during electionary campaign

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by Nbote(m): 10:31am On Dec 06, 2022
We have a minister of Petroleum who is the most useless and clueless ever.. NNPC haven't remitted a dime to the Federation account for months going to years and yet it feels normal. Scarcity has persisted for months going to a year now and everyone is blaming everyone else and denying the obvious. I bought fuel @280 just yesterday in abuja and joined a very long queue spending over 2hrs to buy at 200

sonature1:

NNPC has been sold to private investors. The new owners are trying to make profits out of the business. Why would they be crediting the CBN account when it has been sold to private individuals?

The only time NNPC made profit was the time of Ibeh Kachikwu was the GMD. Everyone should be worried that a state-run corporation of over 45 years doesn't make profits. Whenever the money gets to CBN account, FG and CBN governor use the money to do whenever they like.

It is because of people like you that the govt do whatever they like and get away with it because they believe Nigerians are naive. The govt at no time sold NNPC. They just did a rebranding to fool ppl like U.
Here's a link of the govt debunking the sale claim

https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/19/buharis-aide-clears-air-on-fg-selling-nnpc-limited/

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by Sammy07: 10:33am On Dec 06, 2022
I think na only BOVAS they sell am at a reasonable price for here (#200 I think), others are 280 - 300/L

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by sonature1: 10:54am On Dec 06, 2022
onihga:
Welcome to the Part of Reality no presidential candidate will promise you during electionary campaign

Peter Obi said he would reduce petrol subsidy by 50% and invest the funds in critical areas for revenue generation.

There's nothing Peter Obi has been asked that he hasn't responded to. His posts and answers are all over the internet.

23 Likes

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by sonature1: 10:58am On Dec 06, 2022
Nbote:
We have a minister of Petroleum who is the most useless and clueless ever.. NNPC haven't remitted a dime to the Federation account for months going to years and yet it feels normal. Scarcity has persisted for months going to a year now and everyone is blaming everyone else and denying the obvious. I bought fuel @280 just yesterday in abuja and joined a very long queue spending over 2hrs to buy at 200

NNPC has been sold to private investors. The new owners are trying to make profits out of the business. Why would they be crediting the CBN account when it has been sold to private individuals?

The only time NNPC made profit was the time of Ibeh Kachikwu was the GMD. Everyone should be worried that a state-run corporation of over 45 years doesn't make profits. Whenever the money gets to CBN account, FG and CBN governor use the money to do whenever they like.

4 Likes

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2022
Una dey enjoy una APC. Them don dey run from debate again dey go Chatham House wey be common event center. Vote for APC na...the kind suffering they will bring this time ehn...you go curse yourself for being stup!d.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by nony43(m): 12:36pm On Dec 06, 2022
The price of PMS wasn’t this high during GEJ, before Buhari and his supporters took to the streets.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by Seefinish: 12:36pm On Dec 06, 2022
My happiness is that both urchins and Mikano supporters including the Obidients are on queue while Tinubu is eating and dancing after his disgraceful outting in Chatham house yesterday

19 Likes

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by Zimzy(m): 12:36pm On Dec 06, 2022
There is nothing to defy in the first place. The federal government is gradually increasing pump price and the best way to do it and not attract protest is to allow scarcity and thereby make the people to be willing to pay higher to acquire some fuel.

12 Likes

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by Sitod: 12:36pm On Dec 06, 2022
Buhari has done it again

1 Like

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by Cj4charles(m): 12:37pm On Dec 06, 2022
If I vote any other party outside LP in this coming election make I bend

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by nonny1212: 12:37pm On Dec 06, 2022
I dey expect 300 soon
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by johnpope1: 12:37pm On Dec 06, 2022
Where this country. I don't understand

1 Like

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:37pm On Dec 06, 2022
NNPC.. we have 1 billon liters to distribute... I wonder the kind of people that still support this government..how do they even sleep with their 2 eyes close pretending everything is normal

7 Likes

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:37pm On Dec 06, 2022
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by BlackMan6969(m): 12:38pm On Dec 06, 2022
Cos them know say naija no get government na. Everything goes.
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by ATEAMS: 12:39pm On Dec 06, 2022
Chai
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 06, 2022
Oil de una head...oo iffa catch that minister of petrolum I go him wato wato
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by clinician2x: 12:40pm On Dec 06, 2022
AFONJAPIG:
NNPC.. we have 1 billon liters to distribute... I wonder the kind of people that still support this government..how do they even sleep with their 2 eyes close pretending everything is normal

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by DaveHarry(m): 12:42pm On Dec 06, 2022
I knew an imminent increase in the pump price of premium motor spirit is on the horizon when the FG failed to disclose what it's approved pump price is while denying there will be an imminent increase.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by Afokesco(m): 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2022
h
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by Kaycee9242(m): 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2022
I hope apc members are buying it at a very cheaper price.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by Maxymilliano(m): 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2022
It has been like that for a while despite series of assurances from the government ...
Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by Akfrenzy(m): 12:45pm On Dec 06, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by VoteObi2SaveNai: 12:47pm On Dec 06, 2022
I pity Lagosians if they fail to reject the bastard of iragbiji en mass.

Tinubu has promised to continue from where Buhari stopped. God forbid bat thing!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by Tradepunter2: 12:48pm On Dec 06, 2022
clinician2x:

are you minding that imbrc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by OboOlora(f): 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2022
Don’t worry, shebi subsidy na scam!
Dem don dey strategize una matter for Chatham house, na 500naira/lor una go buy fuel if Ojuyobor enter.

If you are close to Sanusi and he engages you on the economic matters of the country, you will know it’s an hopeless situation even if Adeboye becomes president and Chief Imam of Nigeria is the VP.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by stano2(m): 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2022
Una suppose Dey mis Goodluck Jonathan now.
All those that partook in Occupy2012, it’s that time again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Scarcity: Marketers Defy FG, Hike Pump Price To N280/litre by iwaeda: 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2022
If it were GEJ,,won ati lo Jo lo Ojota.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Roger Brown: FG Withdraws Immigration Case Against Seplat’s CEO, Others / Nigerians Are Hungry, Facing Hardships – Emir Of Kano Tells Tinubu / Buhari Declares Open Induction Course For New Career Ambassadors(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.